Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a year and a half old.
People's perspective of "development hell" has seriously changed.

Even if we assume Reeves started development on the film right after War for the Planet of the Apes was finished, we're still not even a full year into the film's development.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it'll be a summer release, maybe June/July 2020 or June/July 2021.

Even if we assume Reeves started development on the film right after War for the Planet of the Apes was finished, we're still not even a full year into the film's development.

I feel like I remember him saying that he was gonna take a break after war for the planet of the apes and it’s promotion.

It’s really not as bad as people are making it out to be :funny:

DC probably just announced his involvement too early. They knew he'd be taking a break, so they should have sat on the info for a while.

But they were eager to get some buzz after the DCEU turned into a giant turdfest, so they rushed to get this announcement out.

They did it to themselves.

DC probably just announced his involvement too early. They knew he'd be taking a break, so they should have sat on the info for a while.

But they were eager to get some buzz after the DCEU turned into a giant turdfest, so they rushed to get this announcement out.

:funny:
wake up, check the new DC rumor/"news", end the day, rinse-repeat

I think they probably wanted to get the news out as quickly as possible given the drama of Ben leaving, Matt being in talks, Matt "leaving talks" happening all within two weeks.

Last edited:
Well, the consensus is unanimous.

I think it's safe to say that regardless of where the coin lands, this movie won't have any ties to other movies. They may retroactively reference things from this movie but that's it. Reeves is writing this thing right now, he's not concerned with continuity.

I think they probably wanted to get the news out as quickly as possible given the drama of Ben leaving, Matt being in talks, Matt "leaving talks" happening all within two weeks.

ya pretty much what thebatfans said

Affleck quits directing Batman, internet meltdown, WB announces Reeves signing for PR damage control and calm the fans from jumping buildings.

Leave the director's chair hanging for 3-4 months? oh boy....remember Wonder Woman was coming out 3-4 months after all this drama

I mean Batman's solo adventures should be self contained anyways. Not sure why this is such a huge deal.

Do you guys want JK and Irons to stay? I say no, start from scratch. If they can find a way to keep Will Smith and Margot Robbie, but ditch the actors playing Joker, Batman, Croc, Gordon, and Alfred, they’ll be good

Yeah recast. I don't think fans have made any real attachment to Irons' and Simmons' characters.

I've never been a huge fan of Jeremy Irons so I'd have no problem if they recast Alfred, same with Will Smith's Deadshot. I liked what little we saw of Simmons's Gordon. I want him to stay on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"