Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no official updates? WTF?

tenor.gif

It took him about 2.5 years to write the script.

I wouldn't expect updates anytime soon.

Not expecting any serious updates till Tenet's filming wrap.

Guys, I finally found it: A quote of Robert Pattinson talking about Batman from 11 years ago.

MTV:There are also people here dressed up as Batman, Superman, you name it. Would you ever want to play a superhero on screen?

Pattinson: Yeah. Who have I always wanted to play? Batman would be really cool, but Batman is a boring guy; like, Bruce Wayne is kind of boring. I haven't seen the ["Dark Knight"] yet, but in the comics he was always straight-laced. Spider-Man was quite cool, but he had to be a geek. And then there was Superman. But I always liked Gambit from "X-Men." Gambit would be cool. Has he ever been in an "X-Men" movie?

MTV: He hasn't, but supposedly he's going to be in the "Wolverine" spin-off film.

Pattinson: I might have to get my foot in that door.

I guess Reeves has shown him more comics ;)

Man, how do you find Batman boring at any age?

Cornball. :o

Tbh plenty of people think Batman is boring. Maybe Pattinson will be the actor to finally change people's minds on that

I'd argue that honestly changed with TDK for quite a few number of people

1 billion dollars is not a number that lies

Venom 2 landed Robert Richardson as DP. We still got Greig Fraser. :hehe:

Man, that Joker trailer! If that movie is successful, WB/DC needs to open the bank the account, and offer JP to appear in at least one of Reeves Batman movies. Let him know that he doesn’t have to commit long term.

I know it’s really, really unlikely.

Joker movie looks like a beauty. We'll see. But, What i hope is that Reeves, who is a really great film maker on his own, is inspired to go all the way and make his own great radical and fearless Batman movie.

Seeing as it took over 2.5years to finish the script.....no, no I’m not shocked.

I’ll actually be shocked if this movie comes out in 2021.

If they don't have a set start date by the end of the year then I'll worry.

Last edited:
My bet is the film will start shooting in March/April 2020.

Pattinson will probably provide some sort of update about that in his next interview, though. He revealed when Nolan's film was shooting.

I assume they're deep in pre-production. Pattinson is on Tenet, this is just the quiet phase.

Man, that Joker trailer! If that movie is successful, WB/DC needs to open the bank the account, and offer JP to appear in at least one of Reeves Batman movies. Let him know that he doesn’t have to commit long term.

I know it’s really, really unlikely.

That would be wonderful!

So is this set in the DCEU or is it standalone? Thanks.

Until someone says it is not in the DCEU it is in the DCEU. I doubt he crosses over any time soon but I would say the chances of it not being part of the universe are as close to nil as possible.

Until someone says it is not in the DCEU it is in the DCEU. I doubt he crosses over any time soon but I would say the chances of it not being part of the universe are as close to nil as possible.
I don't think Warner Bros even know if it is or not. Honestly I feel like they've given up on a "connected universe" being their driving force and are just throwing whatever they can at the wall and seeing what sticks. I'm not implying these films are or aren't canon, I'm just speculating the people green lighting these films don't care. That's been WB's biggest problem compared to Marvel, there was never a clear mission statement other that "See that(mcu), do that" They chose a director whose vision was divisive from the get go and had almost no faith by the time the keystone film (JL) was in production. And has given up on trying to replicate the shared universe.

Seems like they're going on a franchise-by-franchise basis rather than having a grander narrative. I think there will be crossover but they're jut not planning it ahead. It's not necessarily a bad call, just saying I wouldn't get caught up on continuity for now.

They arent doing the "everything leads to a big crossover" story but the universe is still the same. Shazam backed all of that up pretty obviously. (as did Aquaman)

You can have the DCEU without having it be like the MCU. Just because WW and Aquaman exist in the same universe doesnt mean they have to hang out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"