Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take this with a big grain of salt as the site isn't very reliable.

'The Batman' Plot Rumored To Be A Mystery / Conspiracy Detective Case

A plot description for The Batman has surfaced online offering that the flick will involve a mystery and conspiracy detective case.

Similar to what I was told at Comic-Con, it is also said there will be multiple villains.

The rumored plot for The Batman offers:

The Batman will explore a detective case - when people start dying in strange ways Batman must go deep into the dark world of Gotham to find clues and solve the mystery/conspiracy connected to Gotham City's history and criminals.

In the film all of Batman Rogues Gallery are already out there and active similar to the comics and animated shows/movies. The film will have multiple villains as they are all suspects.

robert-pattinson-the-batman-fan-art.jpg

The Batman will be a detective movie
Regarding what I was told, I was told by insiders at Comic-Con that there will be more than the current six rumored villains and that director Matt Reeves is in part adapting the DC Comics "Batman: The Long Halloween" comic book story.

It's a great premise for a Batman movie. I hope it isn't all just super villains though and that there are normal gangsters around, too (Falcone, Zucco, etc)

I'll be interested to see how they juggle all the villains, but I'm not concerned. I like where they're going with it - sounds like it could be very Batman comicbooky

I really hope that article report is true. Perfect way to do a batman movie imo! Comicbooky bat story all the way

Comic book news doesnt say a lot more than we already knew. We can assume that there wil be some death involved, if like Reeves said that will be a detective story. And we can assume that it will seem to be connected to Gotham rogue gallery, because like the outlet confirmed there will be mutliple vilains...

If It’s true that he is doing the The Long Halloween, I’m glad he took his time finishing the script. That’s a lot of characters.

Tbh I genuinely think that if Joaquin's Joker performance is received on the same level as Heath’s that WB will do everything in their power to get him to return for one Reeves Batman movie. I just have this feeling about it. If the 1990s rumors are true, then the timeline honestly kinda works..

I would ****ing love to see Pattinson and Phoenix together. That would totally rival Bale and Ledger. If Phoenix returns, Id be hoping for a more classic appearance.

I am 100% on board with Joaquin being Pattinson’s Joker. Nothing in the movie has to contradict Battinson because Joker is and always has been CRAZY, his origin is multiple choice, and he remembers things one way or the other depending on the day. Literally no matter what happens in “JOKER” it could still be “canon”. I suspect things will unfold in that movie that make the viewer question how “real” everything is or if it’s a figment or exaggeration of Joker’s memory.

Joker can fit. The issue is if Reeves wants Joaquin or to do his own version.

I’d love to see Reeves partnering with Will Poulter if they do go with yet another Joker. That’s a lot of different Jokers in a short amount of time though and you run the risk of audience burnout. Look at Sony, they’re in a weird position. They’ve rebooted Spidey so many times, and they straight up can’t do it again for a while. Audiences won’t respond to it. I suspect that if Joker is a big hit, that the same situation will arise for WB.

I feel like the most interesting different direction you could go for a Joker would honestly be how he is in Dark Knight Returns. Much more calm, outright reminiscent of Hannibal Lecter in clown makeup. We've had the gangster mob boss, derranged psychopath, another gangster mob boss and the guy who had his one bad day. Dark Knight Returns Joker would be a pretty interesting new take on the character on the big screen, one the general public hasn't seen much (from the Joker anyway).

If it's really taking inspo from TLH, I hope we get to see Harvey Dent. Imo Two-Face has been really underutilized compared to the Joker across all Batman media.

I'd like to see Harvey, and later Two-Face, as a main character over the course of the Pattinson era. Maybe the sequel could take after Dark Victory...

Doing TLH then DV lets you take some of the best detective cases while showing almost all of the rogues gallery.

I feel like the most interesting different direction you could go for a Joker would honestly be how he is in Dark Knight Returns. Much more calm, outright reminiscent of Hannibal Lecter in clown makeup. We've had the gangster mob boss, derranged psychopath, another gangster mob boss and the guy who had his one bad day. Dark Knight Returns Joker would be a pretty interesting new take on the character on the big screen, one the general public hasn't seen much (from the Joker anyway).
That would be great, though I think a Joker like TDKR would require a setup in a previous film, because unlike Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs he'll be an actual physical threat.

Tbh I genuinely think that if Joaquin's Joker performance is received on the same level as Heath’s that WB will do everything in their power to get him to return for one Reeves Batman movie. I just have this feeling about it. If the 1990s rumors are true, then the timeline honestly kinda works..

I would ****ing love to see Pattinson and Phoenix together. That would totally rival Bale and Ledger. If Phoenix returns, Id be hoping for a more classic appearance.

I definitely agree, I could see it going in that direction. Even if Reeves would've preferred to build his own version from scratch in an ideal world, that'd be such a heavy lift to have to do yet ANOTHER Joker coming off the heels of a very popular version. I think he'd be smart enough to see the opportunity there and accept it as a blessing that he has an audience-approved Joker ready to play with. And from an acting standpoint, I'm sure Pattinson would be thrilled at the opportunity to work with Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"