Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All aboard the Tom Cullen Train then.

I would definitely want Affleck back...if he WANTED to be back. I don't want Affleck to come back and sleep walk through the role like I felt he did in JL. If Affleck came back with a fire to be Batman again, hell yeah...bring him back I say.

If he had his BvS intensity and dedication, but was given a Reeves film treatment and script I'd take him. If he had the JL non-committal doze on then he's better off moving on to something he still believes in. I think he had a lot of potential so it's disappointing that he didn't get the right opportunity here to show what he can do.

If he had his BvS intensity and dedication, but was given a Reeves film treatment and script I'd take him. If he had the JL non-committal doze on then he's better off moving on to something he still believes in. I think he had a lot of potential so it's disappointing that he didn't get the right opportunity here to show what he can do.

100% this :up:

We can argue how Batman was written in BvS, but the character he was tapped to play, Ben nailed it. This is another reason JL disappointed me so much. He so obviously didn't care anymore. If we get back that Ben that gave a crap, I'd be excited.

100% this :up:

We can argue how Batman was written in BvS, but the character he was tapped to play, Ben nailed it. This is another reason JL disappointed me so much. He so obviously didn't care anymore. If we get back that Ben that gave a crap, I'd be excited.

The Batman that was scheduled to appear didn't, we got Whedon's Batman, not Snyder's (i.e., the Batman BA has passion for).

I say this not to cause another verbal fisty-cuffs, just to answer or give view on why Affleck's passion was seen not to appear in JL.

The Batman that was scheduled to appear didn't, we got Whedon's Batman, not Snyder's (i.e., the Batman BA has passion for).

I say this not to cause another verbal fisty-cuffs, just to answer or give view on why Affleck's passion was seen not to appear in JL.

I'm thinking he also was unhappy given the recent reaction to BvS, which JL filmed only something like 2-4 weeks after it opened. The wounds were fresh. But never the less, we got a non-caring Affleck in JL, and that's not what I want in The Batman.

Affleck’s enthusiasm for the role is already gone
Even if he managed to get it back, we’ve seen how easily he can lose it.
I really want a new trilogy.
Last thing I want is for Affleck to be sleeping through it. :funny:

I would definitely want Affleck back...if he WANTED to be back. I don't want Affleck to come back and sleep walk through the role like I felt he did in JL. If Affleck came back with a fire to be Batman again, hell yeah...bring him back I say.

I`d be fine with him coming back but I`d be equally fine with a new actor. I have no attachment to that version of Batman whatsoever, but he played it well.

I think it'll be a little funny if Ben Affleck stays on as Batman after all.

I think it'll be a little funny if Ben Affleck stays on as Batman after all.

They announce The Batman will also feature a guest character, Superman, as the main villain. And Zack Snyder brought in for reshoots after Reeves is forced off the project last minute.

Even though I believe him when he says it, if he was truly up for it, he would have given the exact same answer given the sensitivity of the situation as of now. Any sign of him rocking the boat and it’s even more unneeded drama for these movies.

Just hope we get a definitive answer from Affleck soon, because they really do need to get the ball rolling on what comes next for the character.

So if Jake G is truly out, who should we look at next? I can't even think of someone else right now.

Right. The catastrophic reaction to BvS [all on Snyder] had nothing to do with his burning apathy.

Yeah, I think his disinterest in the role is a direct result of the critical reception of BvS (as well as whatever personal problems he was going through at the time). He'd already been through a public thrashing with Daredevil, and he was very open about how reticent it made him in accepting the role of Batman. I think he was really counting on BvS being accepted by critics and fans and was completely blindsided by the hatred it received. Couple that with his divorce and his relapse with alcohol, and his apathy is completely understandable.

It does make sense for JG to not state any commitment to the part until Affleck has been officially ruled out.

I really wanna see Jake as Batman; then again might be nice to see him as Moon Knight or even Mr. Fantastic whenever they get F4 going in a few years.

If Jake isn’t going to play Batman, then he should play the Joker.

Here’s the thing: if you’re a well respected movie star, are you really going to want to align yourself to what is perceived currently as a failure, in an ongoing climate of extreme uncertainty, due to all the merger talk?

If WB had a clear course, and there wasn’t a chance DC could be sold off sometime in the near future if the merger falls apart, you might get a different answer.

Here’s the thing: if you’re a well respected movie star, are you really going to want to align yourself to what is perceived currently as a failure, in an ongoing climate of extreme uncertainty, due to all the merger talk?

If WB had a clear course, and there wasn’t a chance DC could be sold off sometime in the near future if the merger falls apart, you might get a different answer.

I agree with this.

Gyllenhaal always felt like a pipe dream.

Excellent point. I guess now Jake for Moon Knight or Mr. Fantastic

Gyllenhaal always felt like a pipe dream.

You're probably right.

I guess now I'd go with Cullen. Seems a decent actor and good height. And is only 32 I believe. And not a big star, so he can be cheap and probably jump at the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"