Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When JG said its a difficult question, that basically confirms that the talk did take place.

It could mean
1. He declined it/lost out
2. He is still in the running
3. He is in negotiation
4. He is the Batman

Like others said, if it’s him, he won’t be allowed to confirm it, unless Ben makes an announcement, and after JL Blu Ray had a proper run. If he let it slip, That’d jeopardize the role

So Jake’s answer meant nothing really, other than he had talked to WB

Tom Cullen really looks the part. Definitely more than Gyllenhaal. I haven't seen him act though.

When JG said its a difficult question, that basically confirms that the talk did take place.

It could mean
1. He declined it/lost out
2. He is still in the running
3. He is in negotiation
4. He is the Batman

Like others said, if it’s him, he won’t be allowed to confirm it, unless Ben makes an announcement, and after JL Blu Ray had a proper run. If he let it slip, That’d jeopardize the role

So Jake’s answer meant nothing really, other than he had talked to WB

Yup. I think, IF he is Batman, that his strategy is superior to that of Joaquin's who just dances around the question, which just makes other reporters more curious.

Yeah I wouldn't close the book on Jake Gyllenhaal just yet... of course he wouldn't be allowed to say anything until it's officially announced by WB.

Also his "that's a difficult question" kind of indicates that there is or was something going on. Like Greenlite said, maybe it didn't work out, but who knows at this point? We all know you can't really take actors 100% at their word with this kind of stuff.

Or maybe when he took meetings with Reeves, it asn't to play Batman, but maybe another character? Maybe he'll be the antagonist?

Or maybe when he took meetings with Reeves, it asn't to play Batman, but maybe another character? Maybe he'll be the antagonist?

Jake Gyllenhaal IS The Riddler

Poor Eisenberg. :csad:

Poor Mr. Reese

e19d2b710b597a72f514482a4435bf92--batman.jpg

iceman, where were you in 2008? A cave? Jk

I would love a Jake Batman vs Joaquin Joker movie...sigh

mind blown. Since he's very strong at creepy/obsessed/bug-eyed (imo), perhaps Madhatter can finally be on screen...

iceman, where were you in 2008? A cave? Jk

I would love a Jake Batman vs Joaquin Joker movie...sigh

:funny:

Even if Jake and Joaquin take these roles and absolutely ace them it's going to be a bit disappointing that they weren't paired against each other.

I hope he leaves the Loeb stuff alone, a lot of that was already used in TDKT.

It's a good question where to search for inspiration, given that most famous Batman graphic novels are already used by filmmakers.

Agree that Loeb needs to be left alone. If Reeves is Adams fan, then long bat-ears - here they come!

Unless I'm doing something wrong or my browser sucks, I get an error page when I click the links to those tweets. Though I do see the responses when I just go to his main Twitter handle.

Unless I'm doing something wrong or my browser sucks, I get an error page when I click the links to those tweets. Though I do see the responses when I just go to his main Twitter handle.
Yeah, I can't read them, either.

I'm terrible with Twitter links. Sorry, gang.

The Neal Adams name drop tho. :hmr:

I think if he really wanted to incorporate TLH elements he could just take the "Holiday Killer" element and leave out Two Face. That would put a lot of emphasis on the detective side of Batman.

Whenever a prominent Hollywood figure references source material, I immediately dismiss the popular give-me’s like Miller and Loeb's works.

So it was nice to see Cooke get some love. Might be the first time we ever see an actual avid comic book reader helm a solo Bat-film. I’m excited for those possibilities a lifetime of fandom could bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"