Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has Hugo Strange written all over him.

Yeah. Just regrow that Klaue beard, shave his head and give him a pair of glasses.

Reeves has a passion for the project and he made it clear from the beginning that he needed freedom with this before he would sign on.
There’s no reason reason for him to leave.

He’s also doing more than Affleck ever did.
He doesn’t have to reply to tweets from fans about Batman.
But he does.

It’s simply not the same as Afflecks bs

Edgar Wright had a passion for Ant Man and he worked on it for years. We saw how that turned out. In this business passion isnt enough to keep a project alive.

Wonder why Reeves deleted those tweets?

Edgar Wright had a passion for Ant Man and he worked on it for years. We saw how that turned out. In this business passion isnt enough to keep a project alive.
I’m talking specifically about comparing it to the Affleck situation though.
It’s not the same thing :shrug:

I never even expected him to play Batman. I thought it was a bit of a stretch, and more likely that he would play a villain more so than Batman. Kinda ironic that he'll now be a villain in Spiderman.

Spiderman had Keaton as Vulture, and now Gyllenhaal as Mysterio? They're having solid villains in their movies. I'm excited to see what he does with Mysterio, if it does plan out.

I’m talking specifically about comparing it to the Affleck situation though.
It’s not the same thing :shrug:

Si. I was completely unaware that Reeves is not hiding in a hole somewhere and is actually actively talking about it.

I wonder if Reeves has enough clout to demand a sorta unknown/rising star when the studio rather a somewhat A-lister to nab the role.

I would have rather had Gyllenhaal in this film, even if not as Batman.

Hopefully they'll have something for Comic Con. If we don't, that's when I'll start to get worried.

Why should they have something for Comic Con? I think we're all assuming this is a 2020 release, so shooting won't even begin until next year. Would they have even started casting by July?

Shazam had nothing for SDCC before its shoot so I wouldn't be worried by the lack of Bat during SDCC 2018, El Maybe said its gonna be WW, SZ and AM. I'd love to get something for SDCC though, that'd be a bonus for me.

If we don't have jack at next year's SDCC, then I'd be worried, that'd be near 2 years writing a script.

Now that Gyllenhaal is officially lost to the DCEU since he joined the MCU to play Mysterio in the Spider Man Homecoming sequel it begs the question of who DC go after now to play Bruce Wayne/Batman especially since Affleck won't be sticking around much longer anyway

Why should they have something for Comic Con? I think we're all assuming this is a 2020 release, so shooting won't even begin until next year. Would they have even started casting by July?

I would think they could at the very least confirm a release date. Maybe even announce who will be playing Batman should Ben leave or reaffirm that he's starring in the movie if the powers that be decide he is staying on.

Yeah I’m not expecting anything from SDCC.
It would be NICE but I doubt it’ll happen.

I think it’ll be not long after SDCC that we’ll get some kind of news though.
Like, in the following 4 months or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"