Max von Sydow IS The Three-Eyed Raven

Napoleon

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-season-6-max-von-sydow/

EW is reporting that Max von Sydow (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, The Exorcist) has been cast in Game of Thrones, replacing Struan Rodger, who played the Three-Eyed Raven in the season 4 finale. In addition to von Sydow, Game of Thrones recently added Ian McShane (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) to the sixth season in an as-yet-undisclosed role.

So Star Wars and Game of Thrones within a few months of each other. Gotta say, von Sydow's doing good for himself. As much as Season 5 disappointed me, it's hard to not keep watching if HBO's going to keep hiring all these quality actors.

Don't know much about the raven, but you can't go wrong when you cast Ming the Merciless.

Haha for a second I was like "whaat? I didn't recognize Max von Sydow?"
But yea, it wasn't season 4 obviously - so that'll be exciting!

Much respect for Max von Sydow still steadily working these days. Age ain't nothing but a number.

Max is awesome, but am I the only one who thought the Three Eyed Raven looked a lot cooler when that other guy was playing him? I dug the long hair and beard look. I'm surprised they didn't keep that with Max.

Max is awesome, but am I the only one who thought the Three Eyed Raven looked a lot cooler when that other guy was playing him? I dug the long hair and beard look. I'm surprised they didn't keep that with Max.

Might've been harder to convince an older actor to sit in the makeup chair. Plus they'd have to pay more for him and the artists. Probably just figured, "Meh, we've got a seasoned vet. Let's just cut our losses and roll with it as is."

Would've preferred the long hair and beard. That was badass.

Yeah. Especially because the guy lives in a tree and it's actually PART of him. It's not like he can get up and get a haircut.

I liked his tree rig better this season. It looked more like a prison.

So impressed that Max Von Sydow is still regularly working at his age and showing up in stuff like this, Star Wars etc. He's not doing a ton of physical work, which is understandable, but it's still cool to see him. He's very spry for his age.

Eh, I still think the original Three-Eyed Raven was better. Maybe it's just his generic look, but aside from the "It's Max Von Sydow!" factor, I haven't really been impressed by his work here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"