Mayweather-Hatton "Undefeated"

In all fairness, Tom Jones is waaaaaaaaaaaay > Tyrese.

Fairness to what? This is not "American Idol", they where singing national anthems. That does not give anyone the nod to disrespect anyones anthems because Tyrese song the American anthem. They would have still disrespected the American anthem if Tom Jones have song it and Tyrese song Hail to the Queen.

why has every1 seemed to neglect the fact that the ref was american as were the judges which was really stupid because no matter what Mayweather's victory will keep being called into question it also doesnt help how unnecessary many of his early interventions appeared

?????? I was hoping Jerry's was a joke...

?????? I was hoping Jerry's was a joke...

Exactly, me too.

You actually thought I didn't know England was an ally. :cmad:

I so don't know you, anymore. :csad:

Fairness to what? This is not "American Idol", they where singing national anthems. That does not give anyone the nod to disrespect anyones anthems because Tyrese song the American anthem. They would have still disrespected the American anthem if Tom Jones have song it and Tyrese song Hail to the Queen.
Yeah it was very disrespectful & disappointing behaviour.

from what I saw, Mayweather lead most of the rounds anyway....so even if the fight went the full length and went to the scorecards it looked like Mayweather was winning........the fight took place in America, why wouldnt the ref be American.....if the fight was in the UK the ref would have been either a brit or another UK citizen

from what I saw, Mayweather lead most of the rounds anyway....so even if the fight went the full length and went to the scorecards it looked like Mayweather was winning........the fight took place in America, why wouldnt the ref be American.....if the fight was in the UK the ref would have been either a brit or another UK citizen

Sometimes they make the refs the same nationality as the underdog, so no one would complain after the fight that the ref was biased etc...

so a UK ref would have let Hatton get his head beat in for 12 rounds, because thats the way it was loooking

It's God Save the Queen. Reminds of what Eddie Izzard said, she lives in a palace surrounded by aremd guards, that is one saved ******* queen.

In the early rounds Hatton had Mayweather looking a little unsettled. I agree with Jim Lampley that it was Mayweather doing all the holding in the first round. In the second when the ref cautinioed Hatton for it, Lampley and I both said WTF? You can argue about the Ref, home town Vegas, all the English fans. I was a little concerned when I saw in Mayweather's corner that ugly little spud Rafi, or whatever his name is. I have seen him on camera admit tampering with gloves to cut opponents. But it was Mayweather who remembered to move his head. It was Mayweather who went from single shots to combinations. I might have liked to have seen Mayweather beat; I haven't wanted to see a big mouth get shut this much since Costya Tsyzu mad Zab Judah dance like he was in the Albanian state ballet. However, Mayweather won and was an extremely gracious champion in his post fight interview. Great night of boxing, if you forget the undercards, and I think most people already have.

actually traditionally the referee is not of either nationalities of any type of match

Tyrese is a much better singer. Jones is a golden oldy but to say he's a waaaaaaaaaaay better singer is assinine. Have you listened to Tyrese' music? His albums? Dude can sing and his national anthem was superior to Jones' God save the queen.:o

why has every1 seemed to neglect the fact that the ref was american as were the judges which was really stupid because no matter what Mayweather's victory will keep being called into question it also doesnt help how unnecessary many of his early interventions appeared

Clearly, you didn't watch the fight and secondly, if Floyd won on points you might just have a leg to stand on but Hatton got knocked the f**k out. Period. Nothing else matters.

Yeah that really doesn't make a difference. You could have Tom Jones singing god Save the Queen and a mentally ******ed person singing the National Anthem, you still show respect and keep your mouth shut.

And yes I know we were on the same side in WWII.:oldrazz:

Hatton got his bell rung....you dont need to look at the scorecard to know that

Gutted Hatton lost :csad: But fair play to Mayweather, he was just too good for Hatton!

UK crowds are yobs. Its one thing to cheer and show support but to show no class, sportsmanship and to completely disrespect another country is what UK fans do best and its this sort of attitude that stops them from winning most of the major sporting events they compete in and is why they'll never win what they hold dearest to them for decades to come, the fifa world cup.

Ah, of course! Why didn't us fans think of this sooner? We just need to be nicer at sporting events and we'll win!

No, instead of being ridiculously overzealous and overhyping the situation and coming off as yobs instead of respectable sports fans, maybe English players and athletes can focus on acquiring and improving their skill instead of throwing caution to the wind and hoping the fans will see them through.

Hatton made that mistake and it showed. He was thriving off crowd reaction and emotion instead of actual boxing skill and he got his clock cleaned for it.

Mayweather landed 129 hits on Hatton, where as Hatton only landed 62. Hatton through more punches though so that just goes to show how much of a waste man he is. He wasted all those punches and energy and paid the price by having his ass KO'd.

There's only ooooooooooone Mayweather!

The fact is, the british are sore losers and can never accept defeat. Constantly blaming the ref, yet if the shoe was on the other foot, they don't want to hear it. Also, wtf was hatton talking about Floyd using his elbows? He's not going to extend his palms out is he you *****e. The elbows is what all good, intelligent boxers adapt into their fighting technique in that it's a product of offensive and defensive attack. Hatton was outboxed, out classed and clearly out smarted, what a goose.

In the early rounds Hatton had Mayweather looking a little unsettled. I agree with Jim Lampley that it was Mayweather doing all the holding in the first round. In the second when the ref cautinioed Hatton for it, Lampley and I both said WTF? You can argue about the Ref, home town Vegas, all the English fans. I was a little concerned when I saw in Mayweather's corner that ugly little spud Rafi, or whatever his name is. I have seen him on camera admit tampering with gloves to cut opponents.

OK, let me make sure I fully understand what you are saying. Did you just say, "blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Me and Lampley both said, blah?"

I don't know what fight you was looking at, but stop:waa:

How the hell is the victory going to be called in question? It was TKO.

as ive already stated it not the KO thats being called into question it was the early rounds

I like how a lot of people are saying that the ref screwed Hatton over yet they seem to not have seen Hatton repeatedly punch Floyd in the back of the head multiple times but was only called out on it once. And by the way, the ref didn't KO Hatton, Mayweather did

Oh, Jesus H. Christ. It isn't an England vs. the U.S. thing and NOTHING about this fight was reflective about American or English culture to the degree that any of the generalizations that have been made in this thread could be founded in any sort of reality. Get a grip.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"