McFarlane's AMC's The Walking Dead action figures

Spider-Jay420

Welcome Back Peter Parker
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else collects these? I just got into them.

They're pretty cool. I was looking at the Construction sets, where you build scenes and backdrops. Dale's RV caught my eye, but it looks like it's in a different scale than the five inch figures. Does anyone know for sure? Built any sets? Any help would be great. Thanks.

didn't think so.

Turns out the construction sets are in a smaller 2inch scale. That's a bummer. Although a dude at the comic shop said the Breaking Bad Winnebago might be a good fit. We'll see.

Maybe this topic would be better suited on the Walking Dead board, since this board is a bit dead.

I have Rick, the Governor, and Hershel. I believe I have the same Rick as you(season 4?), and I'm assuming the Governor figure is based on season 3, since it comes with an alternate bandaged head. They're well-sculpted, but they're stubborn about standing, especially the Governor who leans forward and is kinda top-heavy because of the trenchcoat.

Maybe you're right, Cenobite. Oh well.

I had a hard time getting Coral to stand up too. They are pretty cool, though. Dale would be great, but I'd need an RV for him. :( I do like Morgan and the walker 2 pack. I'm gonna need some walkers too while I'm at it.

Btw, is it me, or is Rick's right leg incapable of swinging back and forth?

I don't know. I didn't even try it. I always try to be so careful with anything Todd makes. It looks cool, but it's known to fall apart. Or at least, it used to be.

As long as he looks cool with his pistol drawn and he stands up straight, I'm good. No leg swinging action needed. ;)

Eh, I'm always picky about figures lacking one of the five basic points of articulation. I got the 3 3/4" Dagobah Luke from the Black Series and wasn't happy to find out he can't even be put in a sitting pose without twisting the legs around. It seems like it must have been an oversight because I don't see the point in articulating the hips so that the legs can only move sideways.

Now that you mention it, I never even thought to put him in a sitting position. It sucks when you have to just except the limitations. But that would be sweet with Yoda dropping knowledge. You're right. That totally sucks. The thing should be able to swing a leg or sit down. Basic stuff.

But last time I had some McFarlane products, I had to be careful with them. And Rick and crew look cool, but very fragile. I get them where I want them, and that's how they stay.

I guess it's luck of the draw when it comes to durability, because so far I've never had a leg or arm break off just from trying to move it. And I'm not counting when I was little and would intentionally break stuff. :oldrazz: I lost so many good toys that way, most regrettably the Real Ghostbusters Ecto-1.

I saw the 10" Michonne with 2 different arm pose options and katana sword at a store that sells calendars and board games and other stuff looks JUST like the actress who plays her.

I have the Daryl and I saw Rick. Those 10 inch figured are really sweet.

I think one thing that appeals to me about these figures is the scale. Adult collector figures are usually so big and bulky, and I grew up with action figures that were smaller, such as Kenner/Hasbros Batman figures throughout the 90s as well as the Real Ghostbusters of the 80s, bigger than 4" but less than 6".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"