McG to helm The Babysitter

McG hasn't had a hit in years but he keeps getting work..and yet if a female movie's movie bombs, strike one you're out. but like what Kevin Smith would say 'You fail upwards in Hollywood' especially if you're a dude director.

dd763afe30645b9a159df15a69587f6e21150529.gif

Saw this tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit. Really funny in parts and ridiculous in a good way. McG did a decent job for once.

And Samara Weaving is hotter than the surface of the sun :hrt:

I think this was the first film I ever saw Samara Weaving in and she definitely left an impression afterwards. Such an entertaining flick that is surprisingly really well directed by McG. I wouldn't mind if he did more films like this instead of all those over blown action films that he seems to love to do for some strange reason.

So wait, they have done a sequel and left out the thing that literally MADE the first movie?

WTF Netflix? But you can cancel Altered Carbon?

Didn’t think I would see a worse movie than Bloodshot this year. I was wrong, Killer Queen was terrible. The first movie was puppy fun, the sequel became like Scary Movie level and not even the funny first one but the crap sequels.

Also,
was that really Weaving as Bee at the end? She looked really different in parts
. But even that couldn’t save this. 3/10

McG just went full on Charlie's Angels Full Throttle with this sequel with cringey, over the top, raunchy humor and while the stupidity of it did make me laugh at times it really was just too much IMO. They just let Andrew Bachelor and Bella Thorne go completely off the rails in this one when someone should have definitely been trying to reign them in.

I get why actors like to improve there lines, but man sometimes you just got to say no and I saw none of that here. I also didn't like how the parents were utilized in this one, especially Leslie Bibb who was given absolutely nothing to do here and Ken Marino is just there for lame weed jokes. This movie needed way more Samara Weaving, because I enjoyed her scenes the most, but she isn't given much to do either. I didn't hate it, but its a disappointing sequel to a film that I really enjoyed and deserves so much better than this lazy follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"