MCU Fantastic Four - Part 1

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]537453[/split]

2. VictusMortuus

VictusMortuus Registered

Thread for ideas for F4 in the MCU.

The first one I would introduce the F4 in Reeds lab with his technology looking modern. We find out Reed invented most modern tech in the 60's. The F4 get word of something happening in Latveria and meet up with Hank Pym and Janet to investigate. Stuff goes down and the F4 end up getting stuck in a different dimension. Eventually they end up in modern day MCU but it wouldn't be typical what's this type of stuff as F4 would already be accustomed to modern day tech. I would make the main villain Mole-man and use a couple giant subterranean monsters and include hints to Doom.

3. David H.

David H. Again? Again.

Are we fan casting the Power Pack?

4. MasterCat

MasterCat Registered

Armie Hammer as Reed Richards:
    [​IMG]
    I saw this fancast earlier and just like it.

Jake Johnson (born Mark Weinberger) as Ben Grimm:
    [​IMG]
    Sitcom actor known for his manic character Nick Miller, recently transitioned to blockbuster supporting actor. Half-Jewish.

Sammi Hanratty as Sue Storm:
    [​IMG]

Dylan Sprayberry as Johnny Storm:
    [​IMG]
    Blond box office draw.

Rufus Sewell as Doctor Doom:
    [​IMG]
    Classically trained actor who's played Macbeth, Fortinbras, Charles II and Agamemnon. Can do a Teutonic accent.

5. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Maybe Sammi Hanratty for a Marvel teen web series like Runaways or Cloak and Dagger perhaps.

She looks younger than Dylan Sprayberry, as did Peyton List. Why do you insist on casting him, and also casting actresses who look younger than him?

Sprayberry looks more like he could've played a traditional Flash Thompson.

6. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

Not that I care who really gets the role but how is that a hindrance? RDJ and Reynolds were in their near 40s-early 40s when they started their roles and they’ve done fine.

7. MasterCat

MasterCat Registered

Because "white people age 38-45 get superpowers for the first time" is becoming a Marvel Studios cliche. Ant-Man brought in $519 million, Doctor Strange $677 million. They're not repeating RDJ's numbers, so it's time to shake up the formula. I'm imagining Fantastic 4 as a potential billion-dollar family film, not just a near copy of Ant-Man.

Edit: the studio's biggest solo successes since Iron Man have been Black Panther, where all the praise I've seen has gone to Michael B. Jordan, the actresses, and the general idea of Wakanda and not Boseman, and the Disney Channel-influenced Spider-Man (though we don't know how much RDJ's Iron Uncle was responsible).

#7 MasterCat, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  8. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

Who the hell said any of the F4 members had to be all white? I think the comic book fanbase is ready to embrace racial diversity into the characters. Nobody cried foul when Will Smith was cast as Deadshot nor were there any complaints when Denzel Washington was rumored to be Lex Luthor (if only...). Michael B. Jordan was a good choice for Johnny. It was the material that sunk him down to the ground. I’m just saying why age should be too much of a factor? I’ve always pictured the team sans Johnny as being in their 40s.

Look, you get the best person to play the roles but talent is blind to all colors or gender. Reese Witherspoon is my personal pick for Sue but if she’s played by someone for little girls of color to be represented on screen, then do it.

Also, Iron Uncle? Do better.

9. Kuwolski

Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

Do you actually believe half of what you post, or is this passive/aggressive act of yours going to become the norm?

10. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

A few years ago I thought January Jones would make a good Sue Storm

11. MasterCat

MasterCat Registered

"Who the hell said any of the F4 members had to be all white?"

A few people in the last thread said Reed either had to be an exact physical match to the comics or that Indians are "nerds" who "look like part of Big Bang Theory."
    But it's not just race. I believe Boseman got little praise for BP because at 40-during-filming he was miscast as the fresh face of a franchise, while Michael B. Jordan and Letitia Wright had praise piled on them.

12. Kuwolski

Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

13. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Reed nor Ben were 40 when the series started. Sue was in her 20s and Johnny was 16.. I think the main difference between RDJ, Rudd and Bethany and the F4 is that the latter are going to be carrying the future of the MCU on their backs. Marvel knows now to cast long-term, it's a much more for sure thing that there will be future films so longevity is absolutely something they have to worry about now. All of their "physical" characters are cast younger Anyway. F4 would fall in the same box as Evans, Mackie, Stan, Gillian and Johansson

14. MasterCat

MasterCat Registered

:huh:
    I don't know what to say.

15. MasterCat

MasterCat Registered

Yep. As I've said before, 23 is the highest probable age for Sue when Johnny was 16, assuming full siblings (which I think is comics canon?).

16. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

This is the same problem as "grandma" Aunt May and how her age doesn't make sense in relation to Richard and Mary (since Ben would realistically not be 20 years older than Richard) but the problem with a comic accurate 22-23 year old Sue is her relationship with Reed. It's going to rub a lot of people the wrong way if a 31-36 year old man is dating a College girl.

In the comics, Reed is a decade older than Sue and unless Sue is late 20s-early 30s that's not going to work for most people

17. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

I think if T’Challa wasn’t already cast in Civil War, Coogler would’ve chosen Jordan for him. Not to say Boseman was bad but Jordan just has more charisma and he would’ve done a great job as T’Challa as much as he did as Kilmonger.

18. Chris B

Chris B Registered

My ideal MCU FF cast:

Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic- John Krasinski

Sue Storm/ Invisible Woman- Lily James

Johnny Storm/Human Torch- Charlie Plummer

Ben Grimm/The Thing- Seth Rogan

19. Crimz

Crimz Registered

No one said that. Do not spread misinformation, especially things like this. The poster said that Dev Patel specifically isn't right for the role, not all people of Indian descent.
    This is how people get accused of things they never said or did and stupid arguments occur.

#19 Crimz, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  20. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Exactly. It's that Dev Patel himself seems nerdish like someone from the Big Bang Theory. Unless suddenly Dev Patel represents all Indians now?

21. Crimz

Crimz Registered

My top choices are still:

Oscar Isaac - Reed
    Evan Rachel Wood - Sue
    Seth Rogen - Ben

I have a hard time picking Johnny. Some choices for Johnny are the right age (being around the same age as Tom Holland) but don't have many acting credits to see if they can pull it off. I'm leaning towards Dacre Montgomery for the role.

22. MasterCat

MasterCat Registered

Yes. I feel bad for Coogler not getting to choose his star. MbJ would have knocked it out of the park.

23. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I could totally see Oscar issac’s reed hanging out with Michael Douglas and rdj. Or is that too much sci fi heroes for any one person?

You know now we’re talking about dacre what do you think about the duffer brothers directing fantastic four?

24. Crimz

Crimz Registered

That is an interesting choice. Stranger Things has a very unique feel to it beyond the 80s setting, they may be good for giving an FF film a unique feel too which it needs.

I really like the idea.

25. MasterCat

MasterCat Registered

The 2005 film went with Reed 31/Sue 23. They looked fresh and adventurous and it was socially acceptable.