MCU Fantastic Four - Part 1

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

How long are you expecting? And yes that’s the most important thing.

2. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

To be completely honest and objective (and not let my hope drive my prediction), I'd think late 2022, early 2023 at the absolute earliest, and possibly/probably longer than that.

Unless things like Eternals really are just placeholders (and I'm afraid that's wishful thinking) Marvel has a lot on their plate for the coming years.

... but there are reasons for optimism such as how quickly they fast-tracked Spider-Man, the lack of Fox Films could open up spots, the pullback on Star Wars could open spots and leave management looking for replacement blockbusters, and I think Kevin Feige recognizes the importance of and interest in the FF... and the Marvel streaming service could provide a home for things like Black Widow and others that otherwise could be competing for release spots.

3. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

I hereby announce my pick for Johnny:

[​IMG]

4. Venom'sDad

Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

I disagree...I have a pretty good feeling FF is coming much sooner than you think...certainly before any mutants. FF has huge terrestrial & extraterrestrial villains & associates tied to them, that is ready to be exploited right now(if deal was complete) today, by Fiege, Marvel & Disney's merchandising toy & tie-in department. Not only that, FF is easy to incorporate into the MCU...much more than the mutants, whom Fiege commented, wanted to establish the presence of the mutant gene & set its foundation through the Eternals...that takes a little time. Which is also what Fiege desires...time from Fox Studios' adoptions.

5. Abudefduf

Abudefduf People are unnecessary

Too young and too racist

6. Damkac

Damkac Registered

I wish it will be Silver Surfer first then Fantastic Four then X-Men.

Rorschach2012 likes this.
  7. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I agree with this. Also, that Wolverine/Hulk movie idea is too good to pass up. What a perfect introduction that would be to the new Wolverine.

8. Damkac

Damkac Registered

But could Marvel do it? They can't do solo Hulk movies.

9. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

I wish those godawful movies didn’t use Doug Jones/Laurence Fishburne. That was the perfect representation of the Surfer, I can’t think of anyone could top that.

10. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

They can do a hulk solo movie but universal is contracted to distribute any hulk solo. But if hulk is a supporting character in a wolverine led movie theres no distribution from universal.

They were a great combination. But I will say with modern advancements in CG, they can find a talented actor with a great voice and presence who can embody the alien and mysterious nature of the surfer, but also embody the human, emotional, and expressive nature of the character which I think the fox movies lacked a little bit of.

#1835 Gamma Goliath, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  11. GoblinScrier

GoblinScrier Registered

Surfer is very important....however for me it boils down to seeing the best rivalry at Marvel brought to life, Richards/Doom....a power of the two greatest minds to come to the big screen, trying to outdo each other with egos, magic, etc....

12. Willie Lumpkin

I hope you're right.

13. Darkprime

Darkprime Registered

How about Richard Ayoade for Reed? We know he's got great comedic timing so that's that sorted. Only thing is I've never seen him in any serious roles. The movie is probably 3-5 years away still so there's still time to add some good dramatic roles to his resume.

14. Willie Lumpkin

I agree. Doom and Richards are not just the two greatest minds of Earth, but the two greatest minds of the Universe. And since, unlike physical powers, the power of the mind is limitless, it's important to have those two characters present to define the MCU.

15. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

After all of this dealing with Comcast, surely Disney must be able to get Hulk and Namor solo rights from Universal. It's not the same having Hulk be a supporting character in a Wolverine movie compared to Wolverine being a supporting character in a Hulk movie. It just doesn't have the same feel or sense of something momentous happening like in the comics when Wolverine debuted.

16. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I would actually love to see him as the FF director

17. Sony23

Sony23 Registered

I know this is wishful thining, but I really do hope a FF movie will be announced for 2021 immediately after the Fox deal closes. I've heard reports that Feige isn't allowed to begin pre-production on any of the Fox properties, but that doesn't mean he and his team haven't already had internal discussions. With Skrulls being introduced in Captain Marvel, (not to mention the question in Homecoming on who bought the Stark building), you would think they would start introducing the FF as soon as possible. The MCU is going to need several key Marvel characters going forward and I don't think waiting 5 or more years is in their best interests.

Abudefduf and Dark Raven like this.
  18. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah. Even just little bits like someone saying “in a paper by the esteemed doctor Richards” etc etc

19. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Registered

#1844 Detective Conan, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  20. Darkprime

Darkprime Registered

FF will probably use the spiderman template. cameo in another MCU film a year before the standalone release. e.g human torch in spiderman 3 and reed in Doctor Strange 2 as someone Stephen bumps into at a party or something sorta thing.

21. Venom'sDad

Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Mostly likely candidate...Reed & Victor before the accident or all of them in a post credit scene immediately afterwards the accident...which will later be enlightened upon, in their solo film.

22. Dark Raven

I hope you're not thinking they're all in the same accident. We had enough of Doom and the FF's origin being tied to each other in the Fox films.

23. Willie Lumpkin

Given the current MCU, I might alter the origin slightly to do something like this.

Tony Stark, realizing that deep space travel technology is needed to face cosmic threats has hired two brilliant scientist engineers: Victor Von Doom and Reed Richards, to design a new space-craft.

During that project, Victor is more interested in constructing a device of his own design to try to contact his mother in the underworld (which could be introduced as a new realm). Victor is involved in an accident related to his machine and disappears.

Johnny and Sue could be introduced in Spider-Man and we cold maybe see Sue with Reed together at some point.

After Doom's accident, I'd have Tony cancel the project leaving Reed to go off on his own to get funding for his own spacecraft project (doing it that way so Reed could justify taking Sue and Johnny along).

Using that basic story, I'd fit them into upcoming films as appropriate and set up the eventual FF film. If the deal is closed soon enough, an after-credits scene on end-game featuring (or at least referencing) Reed and Doom working on the project could be included.

#1848 Willie Lumpkin, Jan 8, 2019
  24. Dark Raven

I would rather Tony Stark does not have a hand in their creation. And certainly not in employing Doom. That seems beneath him. Doom is not some mere lackey! That takes away from his Emperor Doom status. Doom will not suffer these fools and work for an underling like Stark who is little more than a mechanic or tinkerer to him!

Let Doom have a separate origin completely from Reed or any of the FF.

I don't mind if Doom were introduced as an Iron Man villain first, having him come in conflict with Shellhead to steal some tech in order to rescue his mother. That could lead into the classic Doomquest saga from Iron Man #149-150 where they go back in time to Camelot.

But nothing about Doom working with Reed again. That sounds too much like either Fant4stic or the Story movies. And definitely not Reed working for anyone either. Let him be his own boss.

25. Willie Lumpkin

The reason I'm thinking of doing it that way is it would give us reason to see them. If they're just a couple of kids in college, there would be no reason for us to know about them until later (which would be fine for telling the story, but would deprive us of the ability to see them sooner rather than later).

And when you say you want a separate origin for Doom, do you want to go away from the idea of Doom and Reed being together in college? (my thinking is my proposal would be VERY close to the original story with Doom's accident happening at Stark Ind. rather than college being the only difference).

#1850 Willie Lumpkin, Jan 8, 2019