MCU Fight: Abomination vs Scarlet Witch

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by jaqua99, May 15, 2018.

?

MCU Fight: Abomination vs Scarlet Witch

1. Abomination

2. Scarlet Witch

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Abomination and Scarlet Witch belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up

ABOMINATION Vs. SCARLET WITCH

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ABOMINATION

- Superhuman Strength: Immense strength enables him to hurl normal humans and cars great distances, easily tear through brick buildings, and even to kick Hulk through a building. Displayed noticeably superior strength to Hulk for a period of time. (Keep in mind, this IS canon, thus the same Hulk as from the Avengers, Age of Ultron, Ragnarok etc).

- Superhuman Speed: Due to the Super Soldier Serum Blonsky's speed was noticeably higher than that of an ordinary human. When running, Blonsky could easily outpace an army platoon, and even Hulk seemed to have trouble keeping up with him. Even after Blonsky was transformed, he is still able to move at speeds greater than of a normal human, as he was able to chase down a damaged Humvee with ease.

- Superhuman Durability: Abomination's bodily tissues, much like Hulk's, are substantially harder and more resistant to injury than the tissues of an ordinary human. His durability is enhanced to a high degree, and he apparently suffered no ill effects from burning and explosions. He was able to withstand high-caliber bullets and even Hulk's melee attacks.

- Superhuman Endurance: As a super-soldier, he was able to run faster and fight for a long time without tiring. As Abomination, Blonksy's highly advanced musculature produces vastly less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He is capable of physically exerting himself at peak capacity for several days before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.

- Regenerative Healing Factor: As a super-soldier, Blonsky's regenerative healing factor allowed him to recuperate from extensive injuries in the space of a day, including fractures throughout his entire skeleton. His super-soldier healing factor was much more advanced than any other recipient of the Super Soldier Serum, meaning that all the super-soldiers took different variants. This is proven by the fact that Blonsky regenerated from extensive physical traumas within the space of a day, whereas Rogers would take a week or less to recover from such injuries. After taking a blood transfusion from Hulk, his advanced healing factor was further enhanced, allowing him to heal at the same rate as Hulk, which is already a very high rate of regeneration. This makes him seemingly invulnerable and potentially immortal.

- Retractable Skeletal Spikes: Abomination possesses sharp spikes on his arms, elbows, back, and feet. These emerged through Blonsky's transformation acted as weapons when Abomination was in battle with Hulk. The sharp spike on his elbow was used to cause a deep wound on Hulk´s chest, cutting right through the latter's extremely durable skin.

SCARLET WITCH

Psionic Energy Manipulation: Maximoff can project energy blasts, streams, waves and bolts projecting her own psionic and telekinetic energy, allowing her to hit, push/pull or blow away her targets, potentially exerting enough force to destroy them. This energy manifests in any shape and form, outlining her telekinetic spheres of influence, as the energy is visible in a reddish color. When a target of hers is hit with her energy, she can use her telekinesis to inflict further damage. Maximoff unleashed a wave of reddish aura that tore apart and disintegrated surrounding Ultron's Sentries heal/aid allies as she was seen to have been patching up Vision's wound from Corvus Glaive. Wanda’s powers grew so strong that she was able to destroy the Mind Stone, and simultaneously hold back the Titan Thanos.

- Levitation: Maximoff was able to use this power to move herself through the air and simulate flight, in order to hover and safely float back to the ground. The use of this power manifests as a blast of psionic energy expelled from her hands onto the ground to propel herself up in the air. It operates more like a enhanced leap similarly to Hulk, thanks to the force of gravity pushing her down. Wanda’s power over time grew from a leap, to full-fledged soaring through the air.

- Psionic Force-Field Generation: Maximoff was able to create a highly durable barrier of energy that she can shape and deform as she needed to. The barrier could be broken through extreme brute force, as the Sentries were able to eventually break it. It appeared that her energy was able to take control over the stone's energies, allowing her manipulate his density shifting abilities, as the Mind Stone on Vision's forehead turned red, causing him to become heavy enough to break through several stories. Wanda's telekinesis is powerful enough to break through Vibranium, as she managed to rip open the chest of Ultron's damaged primary body to summon his central processor to her hand, and was even strong enough to shatter an Infinity Stone. She was also able to stop a massive line of spinning saws and redirect them at an attacking alien army.

- Telepathy: Maximoff can read minds or mentally communicate and experience memories and thoughts of others or project her own thoughts through a neuro-electric interface that gives her telepathy. While she was using her hypnotic powers in conjunction with this power against the Avengers in South Africa, she herself viewed the Avengers' memories. When using her power, her irises sometimes glow a dark reddish color, especially when she concentrate it on certain targets.

- Mental Manipulation: Maximoff was able to deploy a form of mental manipulation, often as a type of illusory hypnosis, using the same neuro-electric interface that allows her telepathy. She was able to use this ability to cripple the Avengers, forcing them each to recall the darker events of their pasts and were put inside daydream-like visions of them that subdued them. When this ability is in use, Maximoff's reddish energy takes a more mist-like form, floating into the head of the victim in the form of neurons. The effects also distort the victim's iris coloration, causing them to shine a dark reddish color. This also allows her to control other people's actions, as she did with a considerable number of civilians in Sokovia to aid in their evacuation.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS
    GREEN CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING UP THE TIER LIST
    ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING DOWN THE TIER LIST
    RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
    Dormammu
    Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
    Surtur Prime
    Ego The Living Planet
    Odin
    Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)
    Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
    Hela
    Ronan with the Power Stone
    Kurse
    Fenris
    Ultron Prime (Vibranium)
    Thanos (No Gauntlet)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
    Thor
    Vision
    Hulk
    Doctor Strange
    Ghost Rider
    Hulkbuster Iron Man
    Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
    Ebony Maw
    Malekith (W/ reality gem)
    Ancient One
    The Destroyer Armor
    Giant Man
    Kaecilius
    Cull Obsidian

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
    Valkyrie
    Iron Man
    Aldrich Killian
    Drax the Destroyer
    Ronan
    Loki
    Iron Monger
    Whiplash
    War Machine
    Quake
    Malekith
    Heimdall
    Sif
    Hogun
    Fandral
    Volstagg
    Korath The Pursuer
    Groot
    Killgrave
    Yondu
    Lash
    Hive
    Frigga
    Pepper Potts with Extremis
    Mantis
    Skurge
    Korg
    Baron Mordo
    Master Wong
    Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
    Black Panther
    Captain America
    Gamora
    Spiderman
    Winter Soldier
    Vulture
    Red Skull
    Crossbones
    Falcon
    Quicksilver
    Starlord
    Iron Fist
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones
    Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
    Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
    Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
    Madame Gao
    Mr. Hyde
    Slingshot
    Aida
    Raina
    Deathlok
    The Patriot
    Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
    Lorelei
    Nebula
    Miek
    Ant Man
    Yellow Jacket
    Proxima Midnight
    Erik Killmonger
    Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
    Daredevil
    Black Widow
    Rocket Racoon
    Hawkeye
    Elektra
    Punisher
    Coleen Wing
    Batroc the Leaper
    Shocker
    Kingpin
    Nobu
    Diamondback
    Bakuto
    Peggy Carter
    Sharon Carter Agent 13
    Dum Dum Dugan
    Mocking Bird
    Maria Hill
    Misty Knight
    The Punisher
    Nick Fury
    Phil Coulson
    Zemo
    Jig Saw
    M'Baku
    Okoye
    Shuri

2. jaqua99

This is a tough one for me guys.

Raw power? Probably a toss up. Durability? Abomination.

Abomination can one shot Scarlet Witch.

Scarlet Witch cannot one shot Abomination.

I think it comes to, can Scarlet Witch employee her baseline tactics and counters, and TK while under the assault of Abomination? Can she TK him? Probably. But has she TK'd someone his size in combat? All her TK feats against other combatants she has a drop on, has range on, and isn't attacking her... Midnight and Black Panther.

He is durable enough to the point where he can probably handle being TK'd; if she can even do that.

Her TK blasts likely won't do much to him. She can't TK matter like Maw and restrain him, so this ultimately comes down to, can Abomination break through her defenses, and can she break through his?

She is more powerful, but her powerset may not be fitting against a brick like Abomination. I'm leaning Abomination, but I can be swayed. I'll hold off on voting

3. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Wanda is powerful, but she is a total novice. Abomination would over power her quickly with his ferocious attacks and destructive capabilities.

4. jaqua99

After a bit of thought, yeah, I gotta role with Blonksy

5. Thör-El

Thör-El Guest

I think it's worth remembering Hulk's gotten stronger than he was in his debut (climbing Harlem buildings because he can't jump that high, knocked around by grenades, overwhelmed by sonics) and that even then, once he got angry, he overpowered and beat Abomination. Wanda's one handed TK was enough to push back Thanos who had overpowered a much stronger version of Hulk.

She's also torn apart vibranium so I don't think Abom's durability's beyond her and she's lifted/thrown an airport tower/alien tanks that looked like they weighed hundreds of tonnes more than Blonsky does so she should easily ragdoll him.

If she can see his attacks coming I think her telekinesis/shields are strong enough to block them and if she goes all out I think she can restrain him/rag doll him or just straight up tear into him. We saw with Proxima Midnight that she's skilled enough to use her TK to consistently block a fast/skilled opponent in close quarters but it shouldn't come to that.

She's a glass cannon so if she lets her guard down for a second she's dead. If this was pre-Infinity War I'd probably give it to Abom but she clearly levelled up in power/skill between films so I'm giving Scarlet Witch my vote.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  6. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Good fight, tough one I'm gonna have to think on this.

7. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

Agreed.

Wanda rips his beating heart out of his chest.

We also have the big unknown of Wanda's telepathy and mind control powers.

Abomination is poorly suited to dealing with her powers, hes like the Hulk's weaker cousin , with a worse attitude.

8. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Heart of Fire

If Wanda got mad enough she could tear him apart. So I went with her.

Shocker, I know, .

9. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

It usually takes a while for Wanda to get going and during that while Abomination one shots her.

She is more powerful overall though.

10. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Wanda would have to go all out to even think of surviving this. If Abomination gets too close or gets his hands on her the fight is over. If she can keep her distance and still get the win it would be smarter in her position. Which she could easily do considering the range of her powers. Blonsky isn't as ruthless and wild as the Hulk though. He's cunning and smart he'd understand her strategies after a while if the fight drags on, I'd hate to say it but unless Scarlet goes for the kill she's not winning, and she has a habit of not only holding back but seemingly not even being able to control her full strength under pressure.

11. NHawk19

NHawk19 insert witty comment

To one shot her Abomination would have to get close. Her TK would keep him at bay.

We saw her man-handle Vision in Civil War. I have to think she could stop this guy no problem.

Her power set while still growing should probably be near Dr. Strange.

12. jaqua99

She didnt tk Vision though. The MCU has made a clear distinction that she connects to the stone. She made Vision more dense, then he fell through the ground.

13. PrehistoricDog

PrehistoricDog Futurism

I'd imagine Blonsky dragging out the fight to learn how to counter her abilities and then going in for the kill.

14. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I think it sorta depends on the setting.

Given any sort of potential for surprise attack, i give this to Wanda.

If they start within 50 feet of each other, Blonsky wins handily.

1000 feet apart in a cityscape with obstacles and places to hide? Toss up.

15. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I don't know if people are choosing to ignore this or legitimately don't know this.

16. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

This is a really tough fight. Wanda is very powerful but so is Blonski and the latter is very experienced regarding tactics and fighting. It's very possible that he could exploit her lack of durability, even though she has good defense.

17. Batmannerism

Wanda easily lifted multiple wheels of death.

Her power has grown immensely since Age of Ultron.

Unless he hits her by surprise and kills her Wanda would pull his heart out through his nose or throw him off the planet.I

18. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

She didn't dispose of the Proxima Midnight or Corvus Glaive that easily though.

19. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Lmao

20. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

Because of Vision the liability.

21. Batmannerism

Wanda easily lifted multiple wheels of death which were much much much larger than Abomination.

Her power has grown immensely since Age of Ultron.

Unless he hits her by surprise and kills her Wanda would pull his heart out through his chest or throw him off the planet.

He's just the kind of ass hole that her usual reluctance to kill would not apply to.

22. Batmannerism

True. Because she was attacked, from behind, by surprise and then had to save Vision's useless ass several times, while fighting Proxima and Glaive - all things considered she did amazingly.

23. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

24. Surfer

Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Exactly this. Wanda uses her TK to lift Abomination off the Ground like she did to Crossbones or to the large wheels of Death. Once up in the air Abomination has no way of launching himself at her anymore and he is simply stuck floating in Mid Air until she wants him to come down. Meanwhile she uses her TK to pull out Abominations Heart like she did against Ultron Prime. Abomination stands no chance here unless he catches her off guard.

Surfer

25. Surfer

Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Jaqua99, I appreciate that you updated the character placements with the creation of this battle. It looks good. So, thank you for doing it.

Surfer