MCU Fight: Captain America Vs. Gamora

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Captain America and Gamora belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this weeks match up.

CAPTAIN AMERICA Vs. GAMORA

VsBFNu8.jpg

*****Here are some of their powers, abilities and feats of strength.*****

Captain America

- Superhuman Strength: During his USO tours, Rogers was able to lift a motorcycle frame with three show girls sitting on top without any strain. With EXTREME effort, he was able to slow down the weight of an entire car during Ultron's initial attack on Sokovia and stop a helicopter piloted by Winter Soldier from lifting off by pulling on its landing gear. In Lagos, Rogers kicked a pickup truck several yards with enough force to send an enemy soldier flying away upon impact with this truck.

- Enhanced Regeneration: For Rogers, large cuts and bruises heal within minutes and even fatal gunshot wounds and fractures will mend within an hour or less. Rogers was able to regenerate from being shot by a Chitauri Gun directly to the abdomen in a matter of minutes. Steve regained consciousness in a short amount of time after nearly dying.

- Superhuman Durability: Steve's bones and muscles are vastly denser and harder than a human's, above the highest level of human potential, which makes him much incredibly more durable than any human being. Though he is not bulletproof, he can survive extreme blunt force trauma such as being hit with solid objects like his own shield, or contact with superhuman opponents like Loki, the Winter Soldier, and the Red Skull.

- Enhanced Reflexes: Steve's reflexes are superior to those of the finest athlete. It is beyond human potential which allows him to dodge rapid gunfire in close range. Rogers was once able to evade a gatling gun's gunfire from a Quinjet as he was accelerating towards the airship on his motorcycle. His auto-reflexes allow him to easily dodge gunfire and respond quickly to fast pace combat.

- Master Martial Artist: Rogers is an extremely skilled master at combat and the field of martial arts. He has an extensive knowledge of melee combat. He also displayed a variety of martial arts in his fighting style. Rogers' combat style composed of a mixture of American Boxing, Judo, Jiu-jitsu, Taekwondo and Aikido. In addition, Rogers also showed refined fighting techniques, applying characteristics of Muay Thai, Karate, Savate, and Wing Chun. Captain America's combat skills are considered legendary, making him one of the greatest fighters in the world.

- Shield Mastery: Over time of training and experience with his unique shield, as well as its physical properties, allow him to accomplish amazing feats with the item. Aside from bashing foes and blocking incoming attacks, he is able to throw it with nearly perfect aim, managing to slice Spider-Man's webbing with it mid-air. Rogers can hit multiple targets with the same throw by means of ricochet, and could even achieve a boomerang-like return effect, allowing him to strike enemies from behind or retrieve the shield without objects to ricochet from.

Gamora

- Superhuman Strength: As a Zehoberei, Gamora is stronger than humans and many other species, allowing her to overpower most opponents in combat. She has demonstrated her strength by being able to effortlessly lift up Mantis by her neck with one hand and pin her to a wall, break Groot's vine binding with nothing but her strength, as well as holding up the discarded cannon of a crashed M-ship piloted by Nebula, which was far larger than her, before using it to fire on the ship.

- Superhuman Durability: Gamora's bionic upgrades and the advanced physiology of her species allow her to be more resistant to physical harm. Gamora was able to survive, or at least briefly endure, various afflictions that would prove fatal to a normal human being, such as severe electrocution, deep-space exposure, or extreme trauma.

- Enhanced Vision: Gamora's ocular implants allow her to see farther than what her species is capable of. This allowed her to easily notice Nebula flying in onto Ego's planet from afar.

- Master Combatant: Having been trained as an assassin, Gamora is a master combatant and marksman. Under Thanos' wing, Gamora received extensive training in both armed and unarmed combat. As a result, she is an extremely talented swordswoman. Gamora was able to throw a knife with such accuracy that she caused Quill to drop the Orb from his hand while he was running away from her without amputating him.

- Sword Mastery: Gamora is shown to be extremely skilled in using her sword, using it to amputate Groot, battle against her sister Nebula and fight during the Battle of Xandar. She was also able to open an existing wound on the inter-dimensional creature the Abilisk with a perfectly placed sword slash.

- Superhuman Agility: As an bionically-enhanced Zehoberei, Gamora possesses a high level of agility that gives her an advantage over her opponents, such as when she was able to leap at a tremendous height while helping the other Guardians escape from the Kyln.

*****Below is the SPECULATIVE list of power tiers to choose from, BLUE character names are official, RED character names are speculative.. Please select a power tier for each character (they're not in any particular order). Note: both characters can share the same tier.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu

Eson The Searcher (with Power Gem)

Ego The Living Planet

Odin

Surtur

Doctor Strange with Time Gem

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale)]

Kurse

Ronan (with Power Gem)

Hela

Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Fenris

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)

Hulkbuster Iron Man

Abomination

Thor

Hulk

Malekith (with Reality Gem)

Doctor Strange

Vision

Destroyer Armor

Ghost Rider

Giant Man

Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level)

Aldrich Killian

Drax the Destroyer

Iron Man

Loki

Iron Monger

Ronan

Whiplash

War Machine

Scarlett Witch

Valkyrie

Heimdall

Sif

Hogun

Fandral

Volstagg

Korath The Pursuer

Quake

Groot

Killgrave

Yondu

Lash

Hive

Frigga

Pepper Potts with Extremis

Mantis

Skurge

Korg

Baron Mordo

Master Wong

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)

Spider-Man

Vulture

Black Panther

Red Skull

Winter Solider

Starlord

Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)

Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)

Quicksliver

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Jessica Jones

Crossbones

Madame Gao

Mr. Hyde

Slingshot

Aida

Raina

Deathlok

The Patriot

Carl Creed the Absorbing Man

Lorelei

Nebula

Miek

Ant Man

Yellow Jacket

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)

Daredevil

Elektra

Black Widow

Hawkeye

Shocker

Batroc The Leaper

Rocket Raccoon

Coleen Wing

Falcon

Batroc The Leaper

Kingpin

Diamondback

Nobu

Bakuto

Peggy Carter

Sharon Carter Agent 13

Dum Dum Dugan

Mocking Bird

Maria Hill

Misty Knight

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Phil Coulson

Zemo

*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the first results. Spread the word.

Last edited:
Physically there probably isn't a lot of difference in terms of physical strength, speed and hand to hand skill. Cap certainly is superhumanly strong and quick (as his feats in Civil War clearly show).

However, I believe Cap has shown much greater strategic and tactical skill in his appearances.

Gamora's advantage is that she will fight to kill from the first moment - but having said that I don't think her weapon would overcome Cap's shield.

Starlord overcame Gamora with a couple of gadgets and trickery - while Cap overcame Iron Man with his shield, determination, strategy and skills.

I don't think Gamora comes out on top here - particularly given that Cap defeats Spider Man (who is much stronger and faster than himself) without too much difficulty.

No disrespect to the OP, but I think an even more interesting match up would be Gamora vs The Winter Solider ( without his memories and in killer zombie mode) as both are assassins and would fight to kill the other - I reckon a tie (as in a mutual slaying = Gamora impales Winter Soldier as he breaks her neck with his deadly robot grip).

Cap just wouldn't quit. He narrowly takes this.
Both superhuman tier.

Last edited:
No disrespect to the OP, but I think an even more interesting match up would be Gamora vs The Winter Solider ( without his memories and in killer zombie mode) as both are assassins and would fight to kill the other - I reckon a tie (as in a mutual slaying = Gamora impales Winter Soldier as he breaks her neck with his deadly robot grip).

I don't know, MCU Bucky seemed equal to Cap to me.

Well these battles aren't the "hero vs hero" battles from the movies where nobody wins or one character doesn't want to hurt each other.

It's a knock down drag out where each character is going full force and Captain America is a soldier he has killed and will kill again. Also Cap and Gamora both use melee weapons making it a better matchup, The Winter Soldier uses guns mostly.

Last edited:
Starlord overcame Gamora with a couple of gadgets and trickery - while Cap overcame Iron Man with his shield, determination, strategy and skills.

Is this the Civil War fight? Because I really wouldn't say he overcame Iron Man.

I'm leaning toward Gamora and will vote for her only because she's the daughter of Thanos and an alien being. Once Iron Man figured Steve's fighting style it was pretty much over had it not been for interference. I think Gamora will figure it out and be able to take him down because she's an expert at H2H.

TWS and CW did a great job in turning Steve from peak human to basically super powered being but still think he can get taken out.

Cap. Top tier

Are you saying Top Tier for both and that you voted for Cap? Or are you Saying Cap belongs in Top Tier, and then if so what about Gamora? If you could clarify I would appreciate it, because I count everyone's votes and then place in a tier based on majority.

Thanks!

Surfer

I personally think Gamora is a little stronger than Cap, and that her strength is on the lower level of Superhuman, where as Captain America I see as the pinnacle of Peak Human performance. However, with that said I think Captain America is the better fighter and that he has a Weapon that is great for defense and indestructible which gives him the advantage. So, I went with Captain America on this one. And even though I see Captain America as Peak Human his MCU appearances I feel showcase a character that is perhaps even at Superhuman levels at times, so I think both Captain America and Gamora belong in the Superhuman tier.

Surfer

I personally think Gamora is a little stronger than Cap, and that her strength is on the lower level of Superhuman, where as Captain America I see as the pinnacle of Peak Human performance. However, with that said I think Captain America is the better fighter and that he has a Weapon that is great for defense and indestructible which gives him the advantage. So, I went with Captain America on this one. And even though I see Captain America as Peak Human his MCU appearances I feel showcase a character that is perhaps even at Superhuman levels at times, so I think both Captain America and Gamora belong in the Superhuman tier.

Surfer

Gamora hasn't done much to show that she's stronger than Captain America.

Last edited:
Gamora is far stronger than Cap. The way she was holding Drax while the ship was violently crashing through a forest in GOTG2 is more impressive than anything Cap has done strenght-wise. Gamora was also holding while firing that big gun from Nebula's ship. Then during the climax of the movie she fell from the ship and effortlessly landed on the ground, that was from a bigger height than any jump Cap has done.

So Gamora is much stronger and more durable, Cap is more skilled in H2H combat but not by much, they're around the same levels of speed(though Gamora did dodge an energy blast in the first Guardians). I love Cap but Gamora takes this.

Both are Superhuman Tier

Edit: How is Cap winning the poll? What exactly is he gonna do against Gamora? lol

Last edited:
Gamora is more durable. Cap is stronger, and more skilled in h2h and is faster.

No shield, Gamora takes him but Cap is more resourceful. Cap for a SLIGHT majority and doesn't beat her every time. But a single fight? Cap takes her IMO

Gamora is far stronger than Cap. The way she was holding Drax while the ship was violently crashing through a forest in GOTG2 is more impressive than anything Cap has done strenght-wise. Gamora was also holding while firing that big gun from Nebula's ship. Then during the climax of the movie she fell from the ship and effortlessly landed on the ground, that was from a bigger height than any jump Cap has done.

Holding Drax in that forest is more impressive than stopping a helicopter?

Wow

Gamora is more durable. Cap is stronger, and more skilled in h2h and is faster.

No shield, Gamora takes him but Cap is more resourceful. Cap for a SLIGHT majority and doesn't beat her every time. But a single fight? Cap takes her IMO

Good points

Are you saying Top Tier for both and that you voted for Cap? Or are you Saying Cap belongs in Top Tier, and then if so what about Gamora? If you could clarify I would appreciate it, because I count everyone's votes and then place in a tier based on majority.

Thanks!

Surfer

Voted Cap and he should be top tier. Not sure which tier I'd place Gamora in

To the people voting for Cap in top tier: why do you feel that way?
I can absolutely not see how he could exert power on a block level.

Holding Drax in that forest is more impressive than stopping a helicopter?

Wow

Did you not see the speed that ship was going? It was super fast. Gamora was holding on to the ship with one hand while holding Drax in the other, this while the ship was crashing and hitting countless trees. HOW is that not more impressive than barely holding a helicopter that was just starting to take off?

I think people are voting Cap only because they like him and not based on feats.

Did you not see the speed that ship was going? It was super fast. Gamora was holding on to the ship with one hand while holding Drax in the other, this while the ship was crashing and hitting countless trees. HOW is that not more impressive than barely holding a helicopter that was just starting to take off?

I think people are voting Cap only because they like him and not based on feats.

Well I've only seen the movie once back in May, so cut me some slack.

1) The character who is most popular will always be voted on to win.

2) The character the writer has to let win (example: The good guy; in other words one to be used to tie up the plot and let things continue most conveniently onto next battle unless issue is a muliplier of 25 of course then will have to shake things up before revealing everything is the same as always)

2) The character the writer has to let win (example: The good guy; in other words one to be used to tie up the plot and let things continue most conveniently onto next battle unless issue is a muliplier of 25 of course then will have to shake things up before revealing everything is the same as always)

Yeah I feel popularity played a big factor in Hulkbuster Iron Man vs Abomination.

Yeah I feel popularity played a big factor in Hulkbuster Iron Man vs Abomination.

This...... He is Marvel's golden boy, so he automatically has to be more stronger. :cwink:

While I agree that writers can make an underdog win in a battle by using extenuating Circumstances, I feel that is not relevant here. I think most of the fans on this site have a pretty good gauge of what the characters are capable of and I believe they vote for who they feel would win and not for just their favorite of the two characters as you seem to be suggesting. Is every person right all the time? No! but I believe when you have many fans voting the same way it adds to the likelihood of the answers correctness. For example it is much more likely that 1 or 2 people are wrong than 10 to 15 people. It is not a 100% guarantee, but the statistical probability of the 10 to 15 people being right is significantly greater, and therefore it is the best truth we will ever get on a subject with opinions. As a matter of fact so much do I believe in this system that I walk into the battles with opinions and preconceived ideas of the characters, but by the time the battle ends I feel I have a new understanding of the character. Such was the case with the Hulk buster Iron Man Vs. Abomination fight for me. I went into the battle believing and feeling confident Abomination was stronger, and I debated strongly for him to win, but in the end he lost. So, I once believed Abomination would win in a fight against Hulk buster Iron Man, but due to the voting I now know he would not.
I feel it can be very enlightening if you allow it to be.

Surfer

Last edited:
While I agree that writers can make an underdog win in a battle by using extenuating Circumstances, I feel that is not relevant here. I think most of the fans on this site have a pretty good gauge of what the characters are capable of and I believe they vote for who they feel would win and not for just their favorite of the two characters as you seem to be suggesting. Is every person right all the time? No! but I believe when you have many fans voting the same way it adds to the likelihood of the answers correctness. For example it is much more likely that 1 or 2 people are wrong than 10 to 15 people. It is not a 100% guarantee, but the statistical probability of the 10 to 15 people being right is significantly greater, and therefore it is the best truth we will ever get on a subject with opinions. As a matter of fact so much do I believe in this system that I walk into the battles with opinions and preconceived ideas of the characters, but by the time the battle ends I feel I have a new understanding of the character. Such was the case with the Hulk buster Iron Man Vs. Abomination fight for me. I went into the battle believing and feeling confident Abomination was stronger, and I debated strongly for him to win, but in the end he lost. So, I once believed Abomination would win in a fight against Hulk buster Iron Man, but due to the voting I now know he would not.
I feel it can be very enlightening if you allow it to be.

Surfer

That's cool and all but there aren't many arguments in favor of Cap despite winning the poll by a landslide. This is why I think people are voting for him because he's arguably the most liked character in the MCU. I understand Gamora's disadvantage is her lack of feats due to only being in 2 movies and therefore having less screentime but the few feats she has are impressive enough to show she would most likely win. The only thing that could change the outcome is if they're on a specific environment that favors him.

I'm sorry but I disagree with you on this. Perhaps I am being naive, but I trust that fans on this site choose the character they think would win, instead of just who they would want to win because they like them. I think Ego was more popular than Eson and yet he lost, so I really don't think what your saying is correct. I realize that we both felt like Abomination would win, and sometimes it's hard to feel like your answer is not on the right side of things. But I truly believe that the whole (which is the SHH community) is greater than that of it's individual parts (which is me or you). So if you believe that the community as a whole knows more than you or I individually than you have to understand we are going to not be right some times. I feel strongly that was the case with The Hulk Buster Iron Man vs. Abomination battle. I felt one way to begin with, but the majority of fans voting has taught me the reality of who would win, and now I know.

Surfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"