MCU Fight (Halloween Edition): Fenris vs Surtur's fire dragon

jaqua99

....I need a horse!
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Fenris and Surtur's Dragon belong to in your posts.
Also, don't forget I've now added the option of being able to change your vote if you change your mind. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up.

FENRIS

LGLrUSa.gif

Vs.

SURTUR'S DRAGON

PastGiddyKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

FENRIS

- Asgardian Wolf Physiology: Fenris, as an Asgardian Wolf, and the personal pet of the Goddess of Death Hela, is one of the most powerful and fearsome beings in the Nine Realms, to the point that even Heimdall showed visible signs of fear when cornered by the beast on the Rainbow Bridge, only preparing to face it once he knew it was absolutely necessary.

- Superhuman Strength: Fenris has tremendous strength that can match that of the Hulk, which allowed her to engage the latter in a brief, albeit vicious battle. Fenris' immense jaw strength allowed her to bite through Hulk's immensely durable flesh, causing Hulk to bleed, as well as to lift and throttle him around like a rag doll in his mouth. Indeed, Hulk would only win by default when Fenris fell down the waterfall into space.

- Superhuman Durability: Fenris is highly invulnerable, as she was unscathed after getting shot at by Asgardian ships, and even after battling the Hulk.

SURTUR'S DRAGON

- Fire Dragon Physiology: The dragon seems to be in excess of 80+ feet from head to tail. Like the demons, and Surtur himself, his body generates intense heat just by moving. This can be seen by the stream of fire coming from his bottom as he flies.

- Superhuman Strength: The Dragon's massive size would give him massive strength. It can be assumed he has high end strength, as Thor chose to flee, and not engage the beast in combat, even though he was able to use his entire body to open the dragon's mouth. Due to this, it can be assumed the dragon has similar strength to Fenris.

- Superhuman Durability: The dragon has unknown levels of durability. Thor did not engage the dragon in combat, so the extent of the durability is difficult to determine. It can be assumed at least powerhouse durability, as Thor, at the time, the high end powerhouse, did not engage the dragon.

- Fire breath: The dragon was capable of breathing fire

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)
Dormmamu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet

Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Thanos w/ the Power Stone
Hela

Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Fenris
Thor
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Vision
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Ebony Maw
Scarlet Witch

Hulkbuster Iron Man
The Destroyer
Abomination
Cull Obsidian

Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Ancient One
Giant Man
Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Ronan
Valkyrie

Iron Man
Hogun
Aldrich Killian
Loki
Drax
Heimdall
War Machine

Iron Monger
Whiplash
Quake
Malekith
Sif
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong
Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America

Spider-Man
Gamora
Star-Lord
Vulture
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Red Skull
Spiderman
Crossbones
Quicksilver
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket
Proxima Midnight
Erik Killmonger
Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Elektra
Black Widow
Okoye
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye

Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Nick Fury
Phil Coulson
Zemo
Jig Saw
M'Baku
Shuri
[

I voted Fenris.
I would say that the dragon has size and flying speed while Fenris has durability and strength. If the dragon had some type of long range attack i would probably be inclined to give it the victory but it doesn't. So i give the slight edge to Fenris because it showed a little bit more of the feats it was capable of.

Hulk fought Fenris and got bitten twice. 1 one of those times Fenris was able to pierce Hulk's skin. Hulk eventually won with a well timed punch over an infinite waterfall. Thor basically stalled the dragon by outsmarting him with Mjolnir while the Bifrost beam decapitated the beast.

Interesting that Fenris was Hela's pet while the dragon was Surtur's.

Surtur's Dragon broke through solid rock when it burst through the ground before it attacked Thor, so that doubles as a strength and durability feat.

I voted Fenris.
I would say that the dragon has size and flying speed while Fenris has durability and strength. If the dragon had some type of long range attack i would probably be inclined to give it the victory but it doesn't. So i give the slight edge to Fenris because it showed a little bit more of the feats it was capable of.

Hulk fought Fenris and got bitten twice. 1 one of those times Fenris was able to pierce Hulk's skin. Hulk eventually won with a well timed punch over an infinite waterfall. Thor basically stalled the dragon by outsmarting him with Mjolnir while the Bifrost beam decapitated the beast.

Interesting that Fenris was Hela's pet while the dragon was Surtur's.

I'm not sure if Fenris can be killed - and making Hulk bleed is an impressive feat of its own. I give this one to the wolf !

I'd want Fenris to win but I'm not quite sure how he would against that thing.

Going to go with Fenris since even when Hulk defeated him it seemed more like he just removed him from the battlefield.

I'm not sure if Fenris can be killed - and making Hulk bleed is an impressive feat of its own. I give this one to the wolf !

He was at least dead when the film started, and I don't think the eternal flame would give him different properties than all the others it resurrected.

I don't know. I mean Loki survived that fall so Fenris could have also done the same. She's probably chilling with her owner in Hel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"