MCU Fight: Hogun Vs. Aldrich Killian

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Hogun and Aldrich Killian belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up

HOGUN

giphy.gif

Vs

ALDRICH KILLIAN

1300be985e8f31fe99e992ce79ba4cf0.gif

HOGUN

- Superhuman Strength: Like all Asgardians, Hogun has superhuman strength, more so than the average Asgardian male, but not quite on par with that of Thor. Hogun has strength much greater than that of a human being. He was able to throw the incredibly heavy Volstagg with relative ease.

- Superhuman Durability: Hogun's body is much more resistant to physical harm than the body of a human being. Hogun can withstand much more injuries than that of a human. He was able to withstand exposure to the extreme temperatures and pressures of Jotunheim and being hit by an explosion created from the Destroyer's beam at point blank range.

- Superhuman Speed: Hogun is faster than that of a human, fighting multiple Frost Giants in seconds and being able to sprint away from a Jotunheim Beast.

- Longevity: Like all Asgardians, Hogun ages at a rate that is much slower than that of a human being. Hogun is over a thousand years old, but he looks like a middle-aged man by Earth standards.

- Expert Combatant: Hogun has centuries of hand-to-hand combat training. He could fight many Frost Giants with ease.

- Mase Mastery: Hogun has centuries of training for mace-wielding, which he used while fighting Frost Giants.

- Hridgandr: is a metal mace with retractable spikes, and the weapon of choice for Hogun, a member of the Warriors Three.

ALDRICH KILLIAN

- Exothermic Manipulation: Hosts of Extremis are able to consciously raise the temperature of parts of their bodies. The effect can be controlled to the extent that it might only scorch skin, or increased to the point where it can cause steel to turn into a molten state.

- Superhuman Strength: Extremis enhanced Killian's muscles to the point of being able to tear several Iron Man Armors with his bare hands.

- Regeneration: Killian was able to heal his previous disabilities, as it was the primary original intention of Extremis. He was able to heal superficial wounds almost immediately, regrow severed limbs in a matter of seconds, and even withstand powerful explosions.

- Fire Breath: An advanced control of Extremis granted Killian the ability to breath fire, using it as an offensive power against James Rhodes when taking control of the Iron Patriot Armor.

- Expert Martial Artist: During the battle of Norco, Killian proved himself to be highly accomplished in hand-to-hand combat, as he dueled Iron Man and was able to constantly outfight him by using his Extremis abilities to target vital parts in the Iron Man armor to allow him to destroy a number of them, eventually culminating in Killian destroying all of Stark's available armors and leaving him defenseless and at his mercy.

- Enhanced Agility: Extremis enhanced Killian's speed and agility to the point where he was able to effortlessly dodge many of Iron Man's repulsor attacks.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
Dormammu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet
Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)
Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Thanos w/ the Power Stone
Hela
Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Fenris
Thor
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Vision
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Ebony Maw
Scarlet Witch
Hulkbuster Iron Man
The Destroyer
Abomination
Cull Obsidian
Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Ancient One
Giant Man
Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Valkyrie
Iron Man
Loki
Drax
Ronan
Iron Monger
Whiplash
Quake
Malekith
Sif
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong
Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America
Gamora
Star-Lord
Falcon
Spiderman
Winter Soldier
Vulture
Red Skull
Crossbones
Quicksilver
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket
Proxima Midnight
Erik Killmonger
Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Black Widow
Okoye
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye
Elektra
Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Nick Fury
Phil Coulson
Zemo
Jig Saw
M'Baku
Shuri

Last edited:
Going by Hogun's showing against Hela, he isn't that far below Valkyrie. They're both elite Asgardian warriors.

People seem to think Val could beat Killian:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541183
and Hogun would stand a very good chance for the same reasons.

A morning star/flail might not be quite as good as a sword at overwhelming Killian's healing factor but I'm leaning towards Hogan taking a narrow majority.

Another good one, but I think Killian takes this, his healing factor was very good, and he can do things like spit fire, he was also ripping apart IM’s suits like they were nothing. I don’t see how Hogun could permanently put him down.

I think in terms of power, Killian has a really good chance and may even win. But at the end of the day he's a scientist up against a battle hardened warrior with millennia of experience fighting. Hogun is too skilled of a fighter for him.

He'd take some nasty injuries, but Hogun would probably prevail.

Killian. He shows the ability to regrow limbs and such. Hogun will land more blows, but Killian has to land fewer given his power set.

Killian. He shows the ability to regrow limbs and such. Hogun will land more blows, but Killian has to land fewer given his power set.

Agree with this. It would take more from Hogun to put Killian permanently down than it would for Killian to put Hogun permanently down.

Before that resistance he showed against Hela I might have chosen Killian but no way now.

Why isn't there an "I don't give a crap about either of these characters" option?

Thought BigThor had finally lost it lol

Thought you meant this Hogan haha

Thought BigThor had finally lost it lol

Thought you meant this Hogan haha

Well he almost fought Killian's henchmen Eric Savin over wearing his I.D. badge lol.

Last edited:
Killian's regeneration is the question here. How much do you have to destroy for him to stop? I'm going to assume Highlander style will suffice.

So I'd say Hogan. Despite Killian's impressive power set, Hogan is a trained Asguardian fighter with Asguardian weapons. He gets in close and lands more than a few hits without touching Killian himself, and ends it. Killian would basically have to stand still and shoot flames at him.

Thing is Pepper stopped Killian with a missile and explosion, after he survived previous explosion and that second one overloads his healing powers. Not sure if Hogan has anything that can do that.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned Ironman mark 6 & up at least are superior to all Asgardians below Thor from Thor 1, the majority of Asgardians seem to be on par with Loki and all of their Feats if they have any are dramatically below Thor's

So I'm giving this to Killian who can melt all armors from mark 45 & lower with incredible ease

Before that resistance he showed against Hela I might have chosen Killian but no way now.

Same here. He managed to fight Hela for like a whole minute, considering she's one of the most powerful characters in the MCU who slaughtered an entire army single-handedly, that's more impressive that it sounds. :cwink:

As far as I'm concerned Ironman mark 6 & up at least are superior to all Asgardians below Thor from Thor 1, the majority of Asgardians seem to be on par with Loki and all of their Feats if they have any are dramatically below Thor's

Nah. I'd put Hogun way above Loki, both strength and skill wise. Loki is fairly weak when you compare him to Asgardian warriors like Sif, the Warriors Three and Valkyrie, he wouldn't last five seconds in a physical fight against Hela considering how Valkyrie beat the crap out of him fairly easily.

Nah. I'd put Hogun way above Loki, both strength and skill wise. Loki is fairly weak when you compare him to Asgardian warriors like Sif, the Warriors Three and Valkyrie, he wouldn't last five seconds in a physical fight against Hela considering how Valkyrie beat the crap out of him fairly easily.
I dunno Valarie got the better of Loki but it wasn't super one sided, loki got what he wanted and then got knocked out

Same here. He managed to fight Hela for like a whole minute, considering she's one of the most powerful characters in the MCU who slaughtered an entire army single-handedly, that's more impressive that it sounds. :cwink:

Yep, and not just any old army, the Asgardian army! Hogun really showed his mettle there, unlike Fandral and Volstagg. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"