MCU Fight: Iron Man Vs. Abomination

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Iron Man and Abomination belong to in your posts. Also, don't forget I've now added the option of being able to change your vote if you change your mind. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up

IRON MAN

tumblr_pd8gecfVq01xpdwtoo1_540.gif

ABOMINATION

6078216-9941667021-giphy.gif

IRON MAN

- Flight: This new suit can fly faster than any other armor. Additionally, for an extra boost, Tony can combine his feet together to allow the suit to form a giant rocket thruster, as shown when he propelled himself further in his pursuit to the Q-Ship. He is also able to materialize wing-like structures on the back of his suit for extra assistance during the flight.

- Superhuman Strength: The Mark L Armor is much stronger than any of the previous armors. It was strong enough to lift entire chunks of building-sized structures with ease, as it enables him to lift and drop a massive pillar of a building on Thanos. It also was able to nearly pull off the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos with aid from Spider-Man, although Thanos was weakened due to Mantis forcing him to sleep. However, the strength of the armor proved to be insufficient to allow Tony to directly and single-handedly combat Thanos, although he still managed to scratch Thanos slightly from a repulsor punch, Thanos went as far as to mock Tony for having only drawn so minimal blood and then proceeded to easily overpower him.

- Superhuman Durability: His new armor is much more durable than ever before, as it was able to show no signs of damaged after experiencing a powerful strike from Cull Obsidian. However, Stark was slightly dazed by the attack, as a result, Spider-Man had to catch a blow from Cull Obsidian using his hammer to prevent Stark from receiving any further damage. It was also able to withstand an entire re-entry meteor being thrown at it, with minimal damages to its integrity. However, the durability of the armor still has limits, as Thanos proved strong enough to punch off pieces of the Mark L's armor with ease.

- Advanced Combat Analysis: The Mark XLVI armor and component artificial intelligence F.R.I.D.A.Y. have the ability to analyze people's specific fighting patterns, and in turn, find a counter to said fighting style. When Stark proved unable to defeat Captain America in hand to hand combat, he had F.R.I.D.A.Y. analyze the pattern of Rogers' moves and find the openings. Once she had done so, Stark beat Rogers down in a matter of seconds, and while Rogers was still ultimately able to win, it was mainly due to a last second distraction.

- Repulsors: Just like every other Iron Man suit, this suit is equipped with repulsors that allows Tony to fire beams and fly. However, with this new armor, they are more devastating and powerful. It is now capable of Deep-Space Propulsion and enables Stark the ability to launch thruster-enhanced repulsor punches and kicks.

- Repulsor Cannon: Stark can materialize repulsor cannons around his wrists to greatly enhance his energy-based attacks. He is capable of making them a wide variety of sizes. He could make them large to cover the entirety of his wrist, small to only cover the top half of his wrist or, alternatively, wide for a greater sized area of attack. Furthermore, he can use his armor plates to cover a small portion of his wrists to shoot a long beam of repulsor energy. However, it was proven to be ineffective in penetrating the defenses conjured by Thanos using the Power Stone.

- Blades: For close range combat and slashing attacks, Stark can materialize small, circular blades out of his wrists. He can also form long sword-like blades for slightly longer range as well as large Talon blades that are charged with repulsor energy for enhanced and more devastating attacks.

- Missiles: This new suit is capable of quickly materializing missiles on it's back as shown in Stark's battle with Thanos, although the explosions had no effect on him.

- Magnetic Clamps: The suit is able to generate magnetic clamps that are capable of clamping onto metallic surfaces at high speeds.

ABOMINATION

- Superhuman Strength: Immense strength enables him to hurl normal humans and cars great distances, easily tear through brick buildings, and even to kick Hulk through a building. Displayed noticeably superior strength to Hulk for a period of time. (Keep in mind, this IS canon, thus the same Hulk as from the Avengers, Age of Ultron, Ragnarok etc).

- Superhuman Speed: Due to the Super Soldier Serum Blonsky's speed was noticeably higher than that of an ordinary human. When running, Blonsky could easily outpace an army platoon, and even Hulk seemed to have trouble keeping up with him. Even after Blonsky was transformed, he is still able to move at speeds greater than of a normal human, as he was able to chase down a damaged Humvee with ease.

- Superhuman Durability: Abomination's bodily tissues, much like Hulk's, are substantially harder and more resistant to injury than the tissues of an ordinary human. His durability is enhanced to a high degree, and he apparently suffered no ill effects from burning and explosions. He was able to withstand high-caliber bullets and even Hulk's melee attacks.

- Superhuman Endurance: As a super-soldier, he was able to run faster and fight for a long time without tiring. As Abomination, Blonksy's highly advanced musculature produces vastly less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He is capable of physically exerting himself at peak capacity for several days before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.

- Regenerative Healing Factor: As a super-soldier, Blonsky's regenerative healing factor allowed him to recuperate from extensive injuries in the space of a day, including fractures throughout his entire skeleton. His super-soldier healing factor was much more advanced than any other recipient of the Super Soldier Serum, meaning that all the super-soldiers took different variants. This is proven by the fact that Blonsky regenerated from extensive physical traumas within the space of a day, whereas Rogers would take a week or less to recover from such injuries. After taking a blood transfusion from Hulk, his advanced healing factor was further enhanced, allowing him to heal at the same rate as Hulk, which is already a very high rate of regeneration. This makes him seemingly invulnerable and potentially immortal.

- Retractable Skeletal Spikes: Abomination possesses sharp spikes on his arms, elbows, back, and feet. These emerged through Blonsky's transformation acted as weapons when Abomination was in battle with Hulk. The sharp spike on his elbow was used to cause a deep wound on Hulk´s chest, cutting right through the latter's extremely durable skin.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)
Dormmamu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet
Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Captain Marvel
Hela
Thanos (Base)
Thor
Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Surtur's Fire Dragon
Fenris
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Doctor Strange
Vision
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Hulk
Ghost Rider
Ebony Maw
Scarlet Witch
Destroyer
Hulkbuster Ironman
Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Cull Obsidian
Abilisk
Jotunheim Beast
Kronan
Ancient One
Giant Man
Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Ronan
Valkyrie
Hogun
Aldrich Killian
Loki
Drax
Heimdall
War Machine
Corvus Glaive
Iron Monger
Whiplash
Quake
Malekith
Sif
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong
Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America
Spider-Man
Gamora
Star-Lord
Vulture
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Luke Cage
Yon-Rogg
Red Skull

Crossbones
Quicksilver
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket
Proxima Midnight
Erik Killmonger
Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Elektra
Black Widow
Okoye
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Phil Coulson
Zemo
Jig Saw
M'Baku
Shuri

Last edited:
Iron Man

Flight is the major factor in this fight. Hulk was able to wear down Blonsky after a while, so I can imagine Tony doing the same with an aerial advantage.

Given that Abomination lost to one of the weaker versions of Hulk we've seen, despite having a huge skill advantage I'm going to say Tony takes him out.

If Iron Man brings his A game then he wins.

I'd put Cull Obsidian marginally above Abomination and Iron Man was capable of tanking his hits with a nano shield, dazing him with an uppercut and sending him flying with his beams.

giphy.gif

Thanos is way above Abomination and Tony was able to put up a fight. He used his speed/flight and ranged weapons to keep Thanos off balance, he was also durable enough to tank a couple of hits, and the Bleeding Edge suit's adaptive nanotech gives him shields, blades, restraints and enhances his hits enough to make Thanos bleed.:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If Tony fights like that then I reckon he could put Abom down. If he doesn't and treats this as a close quarters sluggling match though then Abom is definitely strong enough to pin him and tear through his suit.

Last edited:
Regardless if TIH Hulk is weaker than AoU Hulk, he's still Hulk. Tony needed Hulkbuster to win that, so I see Abomination taking this.

Regardless if TIH Hulk is weaker than AoU Hulk, he's still Hulk. Tony needed Hulkbuster to win that, so I see Abomination taking this.

The way I see it:

Hulk > Iron Man mk 50 (the Infinity War suit) > Hulkbuster > Cull Obsidian > Abomination > Iron Man mk 45 (the other Age of Ultron suit)

IW Iron Man was getting thrashed by Cull, so I see Abomination taking care of him as well.

I never saw Iron Man being in a hurry in that fight, though.

AOU got a lot of unfair criticism for having Hulk get (ultimately) taken down by the Hulkbuster. But Bruce wasn't "just" fighting Tony in a suit. It was Tony in a suit with seemingly unlimited replacement parts. That's a really tough match up!

Regarding the contest at hand, IW Iron Man was an enormous upgrade over prior versions. No more getting taken down by two super soldiers for this guy. Cull Obsidian did some damage, but he had that crazy chain hammer weapon and Tony was worrying about his wizard. Our boy Stark takes it.

Last edited:
AOU got a lot of unfair criticism for having Hulk get (ultimately) taken down by the Hulkbuster. But Bruce wasn't "just" fighting Tony in a suit. It was Tony in a suit with seemingly unlimited replacement parts. That's a really tough match up!

Regarding the contest at hand, IW Iron Man was an enormous upgrade over prior versions. No more getting taken down by two super soldiers for this guy. Cull Obsidian did some damage, but he had that crazy chain hammer weapon and Tony was worrying about his wizard. Our boy Stark takes it.

I agree, but those unlimited parts are going to run out on this suit (they did against Thanos) and Abomination is way beyond fighting 2 super soldiers. Also, I don't think people factor in Blonsky is a soldier with combat training. Tony could barely handle Hulk who has no combat strategy, imagine a foe who is maybe slightly less powerful, but a much more competent fighter?

Abomination is going to take this, IMO.

IW Iron Man takes this for me. Any previous version apart from maybe Hulkbuster and Abom wins.

Iron Man barely beat out Cull Obsidian, yet he's blowing Abomination (who also beat Cull Obsidian) out of the water.

I think there were other factors in the Cull fight distracting Tony, in the Thanos fight he had no civilians to worry about or other heroes to protect and he was focused n his enemy. I think if the same happened with Abom on IW IM is focused, he wins.

Abomination. He has no problem killing and won't hold back from the start at all. Plus I don't think flight will give Tony the advantage people think it will. It really didn't do so against Cull and even Thor. Plus he struggled against Hulk in Hulkbuster armor, I don't see Blonsky showing any mercy at all.

Abomination. He has no problem killing and won't hold back from the start at all. Plus I don't think flight will give Tony the advantage people think it will. It really didn't do so against Cull and even Thor. Plus he struggled against Hulk in Hulkbuster armor, I don't see Blonsky showing any mercy at all.

The only reason Iron Man "beat" Hulk in AoU was because Hulk got distracted by the fleeing civilians and began to calm down. The Hulkbuster armor did no lasting damage to Hulk prior to that. Abomination wouldn't stop fighting to have a crisis of conscience like Hulk did. Iron Man would get his blows in, but if engaged Abomination too closely, Blonsky could use his strength and protruding elbow bones to shred Stark's armor.

The only reason Iron Man "beat" Hulk in AoU was because Hulk got distracted by the fleeing civilians and began to calm down. The Hulkbuster armor did no lasting damage to Hulk prior to that. Abomination wouldn't stop fighting to have a crisis of conscience like Hulk did. Iron Man would get his blows in, but if engaged Abomination too closely, Blonsky could use his strength and protruding elbow bones to shred Stark's armor.
I don't get your point. That's exactly what I said. :huh:

Got to go with Iron Man.

Id always assumed that wasn't the strongest version of Hulk in that movie especially after seeing all the feats he has now.

Tony dealt with Bruce rather well with the Hulkbuster armour so I see no reason why he couldn't repeat that with an even further advanced suit. I mean that suit was (at least temporarily) able to block blasts from the power stone and tank a piece of a moon.

And while Abominaton definitely is dangerous the fact that he was able to be chocked unconscious aginst Hulk is another thing I think Tony could use against him. If you recall the magnetic clamps he used on Thanos hand to minimize use of the gauntlent he could instead use them to target Abomination's throat.

I'd wager Tony's been re-designing his suits with knowledge of Hulk and Abomination's strength which is why the IFW suit has some of the features it does. Do we know if it was retconned that Tony designed Abomination's cell as part of his consultant role?

The other quirk with Iron-man is that if you want him to win, his nano-tech just designs something and deploys. So maybe he unleashes a rocket fist that grabs Abomination and shoots him to space. Ultimately I think Tony is smarter than Abomination, and pulls this out. Abomination's only really hope is to get lucky and rag doll Tony.

I think Lantern was merely building on the comments made in your post not disagreeing with them.
LMAO! My bad! I was so confused. I thought I didn't explain myself correctly and just wanted to clarify. On another note, I'm surprised Tony is winning by this much. I expected a closer fight if not Abomination winning.

Iron Man I think gets overrated in these battles, personally.

Well with the nano suit you almost have to go the Big Hero 6 route and fight him till he runs out of nano bots.

The other ways would be get him in a situation where the suit wouldn't help like ejecting in to space sort of like they did with Ebony Maw. Or where the human body would be his limit. Say unleash a fire that would be unbearable for him to stay in the suit. Another option is find a way to do lasting damage to the suit either by hacking or tamperting ala Ant-Man or Ultron. Last option is magic really.

Brute force though is all Abomination is and the movies keep finding ways for Tony's suits to over come or at least tolerate large sustained periods of brute force.

Pair Abomination with super hacker and guy in the chair Ned Leeds and maybe he glitches the suit long enough for Abomination to win.

Last edited:
Tony Stark has been eating his wheaties for years, and been optimizing plans and tech for taking down the Hulk. Now, whether he actually could with just the suit he's wearing, is uncertain. But that doesn't matter here, because he's *not* fighting the Hulk. He's fighting the Abomination, who is to put bluntly not the Hulk.

Iron Man, in a tough but not especially uncertain fight.

Iron Man barely beat out Cull Obsidian, yet he's blowing Abomination (who also beat Cull Obsidian) out of the water.

This doesn't *automatically* mean anything is wrong, anymore than there is a problem with rock beating scissors despite paper beating rock and scissors beating paper.

In this case, though, I think it mostly means that far too many people voted for the "main" villain of their personal favorite movie, over the guy who actually should have won. Possibly because they mistook Abomination doing better, with Abomination being more powerful, overlooking the possibility that Cull Obsidian faced vastly more powerful opposition.

This doesn't *automatically* mean anything is wrong, anymore than there is a problem with rock beating scissors despite paper beating rock and scissors beating paper.

In this case, though, I think it mostly means that far too many people voted for the "main" villain of their personal favorite movie, over the guy who actually should have won. Possibly because they mistook Abomination doing better, with Abomination being more powerful, overlooking the possibility that Cull Obsidian faced vastly more powerful opposition.

Yeah I know, but in this case Abomination and Cull Obsidian have similar powers/fighting styles. You're right about Cull facing more powerful/ versatile opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"