MCU Fight: Iron Man Vs. Valkyrie

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Iron Man and Valkyrie belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up.

Iron Man Vs Valkyrie

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Iron Man

Flight: One of the armor's most important features is its propulsion system and subsequent ability of flight. The armor can reach speeds as high as Mach 3 in moments. It also has variable control surfaces for active flight control by J.A.R.V.I.S. to automatically stabilize the armor in flight. The armor is able to fly at speeds more than 1500 miles per hour.

Superhuman Strength: When inside the armor, it amplifies the user's physical strength, allowing Iron Man to lift in excess of 60 tons. Most armors are strong enough to lift and bench press tanks, S.H.I.E.L.D. transporters or cars. Iron Man was also able to fight Ultron's second robotic body, and, when his strength was temporarily boosted by Mjølnir's lightning (increasing his suit's power to over 400% capacity), Iron Man was able to hold his own against the mighty Asgardian Thor himself. A unique feat of strength was when Tony pushed and jumpstarted one of the rotors of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier while in the Mark VI.

Superhuman Durability: The armor is made up of a strong light weight Titanium Alloy, with interlocked plates for the shell, and a chest plate protecting the Arc Reactor. The armor can withstand tank shells exploded in close proximity to Stark, and a resulting fall from several thousand feet up, followed by hits by 20mm Vulcan shells and a high speed collision with a F-22 Raptor with only minimal cosmetic damage. It was able to survive having several cars dropped on top of him by Scarlet Witch, all of which resulted in taking relatively minor damage. It even allows him to withstand some of Thor's attacks, although Thor proved he could crush the suit's gauntlet frame with his strength.

Advanced Combat Analysis: The Mark XLVI armor and component artificial intelligence F.R.I.D.A.Y. have the ability to analyze people's specific fighting patterns, and in turn, find a counter to said fighting style. When Stark proved unable to defeat Captain America in hand to hand combat, he had F.R.I.D.A.Y. analyze the pattern of Rogers' moves and find the openings. Once she had done so, Stark beat Rogers down in a matter of seconds, and while Rogers was still ultimately able to win, it was mainly due to a last second distraction.

Repulsors: Particle weapons in the palm gauntlets that shoot beams or blasts of concussive and explosive force, allowing them to can repel physical and energy-based attacks. Early repulsors needed time to recharge after use, but, because of the new Arc Reactor, they are able to fire at a moment's notice. The repulsors show to be strong enough to kill regular humans with one strike, destroy most stone and metal objects with ease, and destroy unmanned battle drones. When the suit is charged with additional power, the repulsors are powerful enough to stun even a superhuman with sufficient durability like Thor. It also enabled him to stun Loki on two occasions and take down numerous Chitauri foot soldiers and airships with ease.

Unibeam: A more powerful version of the repulsor beams. It is located in the chest. However, it requires more power from the Arc Reactor to use and cannot be used as often. He used a blast through the chest to kill Extremis-enhanced Eric Savin after the many times Savin had taken several shots from his repulsor blasts. Indeed, the Unibeam is also powerful enough to disintegrate the Winter Soldier's prosthetic arm.

Lasers: A powerful weapon in the gauntlet wrists that can cut through any common metal. However, it is not strong enough to penetrate a Leviathan's shell. It has been shown to be very proficient against the Hammer Drones but Stark stated it only had a one-time use. It has been improved and has been used on several occasions in later models. They draw power from the Arc Reactor for more sustained operations, and can theoretically reduce the armor energy reserves to a drained state if operated indefinitely.

Smart Mini-guns: Small anti-personnel guns in the shoulders that can target individual targets at once and fire at a moment's notice. It's proved to be highly effective against unarmored foot soldiers. They could be used to incapacitate rather than killing, allowing them to be used to incapacitate HYDRA agents during the assault on Baron Wolfgang von Strucker's research base in Sokovia.

Tank-Missile: Among the most proficient of the armor's weapon system are the missiles which he first used against a tank sent by the Ten Rings. The armor holds a multi-fire adhesive grenade launcher in the upper arm. It includes Anti-Tank, Armor-Piercing rounds. In later models, the armor has mini-rockets hidden in a secret compartment in the boosters on the back, that blew up numerous Chitauri ships. Stark was able to destroy a Leviathan by flying into its mouth and launching them throughout its body with missiles in compartments in his knees. He was able to use a missile hit by a repulsor to take down an attacker.

Valkyrie

Superhuman Strength: Like all Asgardians, Brunnhilde possesses superhuman strength. As the leader of the Valkyries, her strength surpasses all the other Warrior Maidens, superior to Loki but below that of Thor and Hulk, although the latter of whom she was able to knock down in a brief sparing match. She was able to easily overpower a large space ship turret with her bare hands, slice space ships apart with her sword, and throw a humanoid alien hundreds of feet with one hand.

Superhuman Agility: Valkyrie naturally possesses greater agility, dexterity, balance, and body coordination than that of a normal human being, allowing her to easily jump and fall on her feet.

Superhuman Speed: Valkyrie can move at high speeds, allowing her to dodge a powerful attack from Hulk, to deflect a wave of projectiles hurled at her by Hela in rapid succession, and to momentarily incapacitate Hela with a sudden jump on the latter.

Superhuman Stamina: Like all Asgardians, Valkyrie's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than that of humans, which allowed her to fight many Berserkers, and even the more powerful Hela herself, without tiring at all.

Superhuman Durability: Valkyrie's body is much more resistant to physical harm than that of a human. hence, she was able to withstand Hela's mighty attacks, falls from great heights, extreme pressures and temperatures and powerful explosions.

Longevity: Like all Asgardians, Valkyrie ages at a rate that is much slower than that of a human being, allowing her to remain physically young for thousands of years.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS
GREEN CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING UP THE TIER LIST
ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING DOWN THE TIER LIST
RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu

Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone

Surtur Prime

Ego The Living Planet

Odin

Doctor Strange (w/ time gem)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale)]

Hela

Ronan with the Power Stone

Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Thanos

Kurse

Fenris

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)

Thor

Hulk

Ghost Rider

Hulk Buster Iron Man

Abomination

Doctor Strange

Malekith (W/ reality gem)

Ancient One

Vision

The Destroyer Armor

Giant Man

Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level)

Aldrich Killian

Ronan

Loki

Iron Monger

Scarlet Witch

Whiplash

War Machine

Quake

Malekith

Heimdall

Sif

Hogun

Fandral

Volstagg

Korath The Pursuer

Drax The Destroyer

Groot

Killgrave

Yondu

Lash

Hive

Frigga

Pepper Potts with Extremis

Mantis

Skurge

Korg

Baron Mordo

Master Wong

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)

Captain America

Gamora

Spiderman

Black Panther

Winter Soldier

Vulture

Red Skull

Crossbones

Falcon

Quicksilver

Starlord

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Jessica Jones

Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)

Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)

Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)

Madame Gao

Mr. Hyde

Slingshot

Aida

Raina

Deathlok

The Patriot

Carl Creed the Absorbing Man

Lorelei

Nebula

Miek

Ant Man

Yellow Jacket

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)

Daredevil

Black Widow

Elektra

Hawkeye

Punisher

Coleen Wing

Batroc the Leaper

Rocket Racoon

Shocker

Kingpin

Nobu

Diamondback

Bakuto

Peggy Carter

Sharon Carter Agent 13

Dum Dum Dugan

Mocking Bird

Maria Hill

Misty Knight

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Phil Coulson

Zemo
*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the results. Spread the word.

Last edited:
If Tony keeps his distance and unloads everything he has from a distance (tank missiles, lasers etc.), then I can't see him losing.

If Tony tries to engage her in H2H, he's gonna get ripped apart, especially if he has one of the garbage suits from IM3 or Civil War.

Last edited:
If Tony keeps his distance and unloads everything he has from a distance (tank missiles, lasers etc.), then I can't see him losing.

If Tony tries to engage her in H2H, he's gonna get ripped apart, especially if he has one of the garbage suits from IM3 or Civil War.

I agree those suits were garbarge.

However I think Valkyrie is too tough to be put down by any of Stark's weapons, not to mention I'm sure her sword is tough enough to block or parry most of his weapons.

I'm going to back Tony on this one. If these fights are to the death and no holds barred then he's going to use that walking arsenal of his to it's potential.

Also, mobility advantage, big time and ranged attacks, whereas all of Vals offense is close range.

A lot of it depends on which armour he's wearing. Somehow his armour in Avengers managed to be tougher than it was in Civil War ( but I guess he wasn't trying to kill anyone in Civil War, except Bucky).

Terrain is also key.
If the fight is in a confined space, then Val will come out on top. If Tony can utilise his mobility advantage then he's got a chance to really cut loose.

, I don't feel she's as durable or strong as Thor, and Tony went head to head with I'm Point Break and was still standing.

Skill wise , she's a far better fighter, but if Tony uses his brains then he could take her down.

So Tony, not by a lot, but Tony.

I'm going to back Tony on this one. If these fights are to the death and no holds barred then he's going to use that walking arsenal of his to it's potential.

Also, mobility advantage, big time and ranged attacks, whereas all of Vals offense is close range.

A lot of it depends on which armour he's wearing. Somehow his armour in Avengers managed to be tougher than it was in Civil War ( but I guess he wasn't trying to kill anyone in Civil War, except Bucky).

Terrain is also key.
If the fight is in a confined space, then Val will come out on top. If Tony can utilise his mobility advantage then he's got a chance to really cut loose.

, I don't feel she's as durable or strong as Thor, and Tony went head to head with I'm Point Break and was still standing.

Skill wise , she's a far better fighter, but if Tony uses his brains then he could take her down.

So Tony, not by a lot, but Tony.

Thor vs Iron Man was more of a glorified sparring match in a serious all out battle Thor would kill Iron Man.

In the MCU Stark NEVER fights long range in one on one fights for an extended period of time anyway, only again canon fodder.

My money is on Valkyrie; she's more durable, and she's a friggin' Asgardian. I think Thor could wipe the floor with Stark if he really wanted too, and Stark relies on his armour; without that, he's just a billionaire playboy philanthropist.

In a fight with an Asgardian who's not going to easily tire, and one that has the experience Valkyrie does, Stark is either going to tire himself, or his suit will drain and/or receive damage. All Valkyrie has to do is bide her time; even Stark's ranged weapons are of limited supply.

Yes, Valkyrie couldn't do anything if IM shoots her from the sky. But if they were fighting in the movie I'm sure he would stand on the ground trying to fight her h2h :loco:
But assuming that Tony uses his brain correctly he wins.

This is a slightly tough one, because I think there are certain circumstances that Iron Man could win, depending on his arsenal and the conditions of where/how the fight takes place. But ultimately I think chances are that Valkyrie would win. Like others, I think Thor was deliberately nerfing himself in his fight against Tony in TA because he didn't want to actually harm or kill Tony, he was just trying to stop him from attacking. Look at how easily he crushed the Iron Man armor with one hand. Valkyrie may not be as quite as strong as Thor, but she's still one of the strongest and most skilled warriors in Asgard's history, so she wins.

Gotta give it to Valks as well. Tony would put on one heck of a show and if he would bust out the Hulkbuster he could actually get her on the ropes, but she's too fast and too strong and too experienced and her weapon too deadly.

Honestly, depends on what armor Tony is using. Older models she probably wins, but her just being Asgardian is not a guarantee for victory.

I agree those suits were garbarge.

However I think Valkyrie is too tough to be put down by any of Stark's weapons, not to mention I'm sure her sword is tough enough to block or parry most of his weapons.

Maybe, but we don't yet really know how tough Valkyrie is. Granted, we can scale her off other Asgardians and assume she's very tough, but we don't have a clear idea of what her upper limits are.

As a result, I suspect that she won't be able to no-sell Tony's heavy-duty weaponry, particularly the lasers that he used on the Hammer Drones and the tank missiles. Bear in mind that even the lasers on Tony's CW suit were powerful enough to cut through concrete that was reinforced to withstand the launch of nuclear missiles. That'll definitely hurt. Also, he can fire dozens of smaller missiles at once from his shoulders. She'll have a hard time dodging/blocking those.

Valkyrie is not as durable as Thor. Iron Man at 400% was able to go toe to toe with Thor. Iron Man was able to put Loki down on his ass with regular repulsar blasts.

With prep time, Iron Man beats her. He already went up against two Asgardians, and he's too smart for her, which gives him a huge advantage.

Tony for the win all day.

No doubt that Valkyrie is super tough due to her training and Asguardian heritage but Stark could simply keep his distance and call in all his other suits.

At the end of the day the only weapon she had was her sword I believe, and that would only provide so much protection against an army of Iron Man suits.

In the MCU Stark NEVER fights long range in one on one fights for an extended period of time anyway, only again canon fodder.

Yeah what's interesting to me is that Iron Man in practice is such a "punchy" hero but on paper one would think, given his powerset, "this is the guy that does fly by airstrikes right?" But the movies don't play it this way, presumably mainly because it's more interesting fight choreography to have him punch, kick and do his repulsor charged backhands. Hell they even put Hawkeye into CQC situations pretty often, because I guess it's just more visually interesting to have a guy in a closeup struggle than staying away from the action and taking out opponents from afar.

If Tony were really smart he'd just rain death from above. Keep out of opponents range and use your precision weaponry. But understandably he's actually very emotionally driven. In IM3 he believes Pepper falls to his death, so he wants to feel Killian crumble in his hands, hence him charging and initiating CQC against the guy who's power is he can melt anything. In Civil War he could have easily killed Bucky if he retained a level head and just hit him laser beams at the very beginning (before repeat blows to the head mess up the targeting) but again, he wanted to be up close for his opponent's demise, since it would probably feel more gratifying that way. When he wants a death to hurt and be drawn out, that's when he's making himself vulnerable.

Against an opponent he has no personal qualms with, he fights better. Loki doesn't even stand a chance since Tony does a flying repulsor shot as he basically ambushes from above and Tony immediately follows up by aiming his entire arsenal at Loki before he can even get back up. If Loki hadn't surrendered, I'm sure Tony would have been ready to repulsor blast/laser/micro missile Loki into oblivion.

There's then the exception though of him doing flying punches to Thor which is just asking for trouble. I think he tries to fly around Whiplash in the final battle of IM2 but Vanko catches him and grounds him. With Iron Monger he mostly tried to keep out of range (he had to go for the body slam though to prevent Pepper from being... uh... peppered by the winding up gatling gun) but his weakened power source created desperate CQC situations for him.

I think with Valkyrie, if nothing happens between them to make him hate her and want to see her suffer, and they aren't in an enclosed space, he takes this by playing smart and using his arsenal and speed instead of his fists.

Last edited:
I'd add that Tony was able to, temporarily, defeat Cap in hand to hand after having Friday analyse his fight pattern.

Can't see why he couldn't do that to Val - although Cap wasn't trying to kill Tony at the time and Val certainly would be.

Still giving this one to Stark.

Maybe, but we don't yet really know how tough Valkyrie is. Granted, we can scale her off other Asgardians and assume she's very tough, but we don't have a clear idea of what her upper limits are.

As a result, I suspect that she won't be able to no-sell Tony's heavy-duty weaponry, particularly the lasers that he used on the Hammer Drones and the tank missiles. Bear in mind that even the lasers on Tony's CW suit were powerful enough to cut through concrete that was reinforced to withstand the launch of nuclear missiles. That'll definitely hurt. Also, he can fire dozens of smaller missiles at once from his shoulders. She'll have a hard time dodging/blocking those.

She's tough enough to fight Hela twice and live, the same Hela who can casually one shot Asgardian soldiers.

Tony for the win all day.

No doubt that Valkyrie is super tough due to her training and Asguardian heritage but Stark could simply keep his distance and call in all his other suits.

At the end of the day the only weapon she had was her sword I believe, and that would only provide so much protection against an army of Iron Man suits.

That scene from IM3 was genuinely awesome-one of the few awesome things in that movie imo.

Valkyrie is not as durable as Thor. Iron Man at 400% was able to go toe to toe with Thor. Iron Man was able to put Loki down on his ass with regular repulsar blasts.

With prep time, Iron Man beats her. He already went up against two Asgardians, and he's too smart for her, which gives him a huge advantage.

With prep time definitely Tony. Although while he's a genius he's not a warrior like Val - if he tried to go to do toe I think take him down ( her sword would be effective against asgardians, so it would like seriously damage his armour). But if he uses flying attacks, like he did vs Loki, he'll win ( although Loki recovered really quickly from that blast)

So agree that Tony takes this, but only if he plays it smart.

I'd add that Tony was able to, temporarily, defeat Cap in hand to hand after having Friday analyse his fight pattern.

Can't see why he couldn't do that to Val - although Cap wasn't trying to kill Tony at the time and Val certainly would be.

Still giving this one to Stark.

Cap and Val are too TOTALLY different ball games, Cap couldn't shine Valkyrie's shoes. She's pretty much an Asgardian version of what Cap is to humans (see both of their fights with Loki).

Not to mention Valkyrie's fighting style is Asgardian martial arts, not earth based martial arts like Cap's so Friday's database likely doesn't have information on it (if so not much).

Valkyrie has thousands of years of experience and I'm certain she's faced plenty of foes who have ranged attacks and/or the ability to fly. Thor would crush Iron Man into a little metal ball if he wanted to and whilst Valkyrie isn't quite Thor strong she's dang close. So with her far superior battling skills and asguardian strength she would tear iron man apart. Even if Stark tried to stay away from her I've no doubt she'd orchestrate a plan to take him out with ease.

I think IM JUST takes this, just think the armour (assuming it’s one of the stronger versions and not the ones used in IM3 or CW) has too much firepower.

Cap and Val are too TOTALLY different ball games, Cap couldn't shine Valkyrie's shoes. She's pretty much an Asgardian version of what Cap is to humans (see both of their fights with Loki).

Not to mention Valkyrie's fighting style is Asgardian martial arts, not earth based martial arts like Cap's so Friday's database likely doesn't have information on it (if so not much).

There's only so many ways to swing a sword or a fist, and
she still can't fly dude.

Close quarters and she's got a big advantage, but outdoors it's a different story.

Also, before you write off Cap, I think you are forgetting that Cap has mad plot armour, just wait until he beats up Thanos !:grin:

Valkerie disarmed Loki, who probably could handle Iron man.

Valkerie is stronter and more durable. She wins

There's only so many ways to swing a sword or a fist, and
she still can't fly dude.

Close quarters and she's got a big advantage, but outdoors it's a different story.

Also, before you write off Cap, I think you are forgetting that Cap has mad plot armour, just wait until he beats up Thanos !:grin:

True, Cap does have plot armor lol

I doubt this will be Valkyrie's first time fighting a flying opponent with ranged attacks she is warrior who is thousands of years old that has battled on other worlds

Let's remember that, I'm sure she's faced a wide variety of foes.

Valkerie disarmed Loki, who probably could handle Iron man.

Valkerie is stronter and more durable. She wins

In neither of the two exchanges the had in Avengers did it ever look like Loki was capable of disarming Iron Man imo.

First encounter he sweeps and drops him and the threat of Tony's toys alone force a surrender. Can see some saying that this was part of Loki's plan to get on their ship

Second encounter after getting thrown out the window he comes back up and drops Loki with one shot, now there is no real plot reasoning to why he took the hit this time so its safe to say he can take down Loki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"