MCU Fight: Surtur Prime Vs. Eson the Searcher with Infinity Stone

Surfer

Sentinel of the Spaceways
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Surtur Prime and Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up.

SURTUR PRIME Vs. ESON THE SEARCHER WITH INFINITY STONE

YJnMyzt.jpg

*****Here are some of their powers, abilities and relevant feats.*****

SURTUR PRIME

-Fire Giant Physiology: Surtur was one of the most powerful beings in the Nine Realms. Upon being resurrected by the Eternal Flame, Surtur's powers were immeasurably increased, with him single-handedly bringing Ragnarök to Asgard and destroying the incredibly powerful Hela herself fairly easily.

- Fire Manipulation: As a Fire Giant, Surtur can generate massive waves of fire from his Twilight Sword to engulf his targets in flames.

- Immense Strength: Surtur's original level of strength was on par with that of Thor, but after being revived from the Eternal Flame, it was tremendously increased to incalculable superhuman levels, to the point that he effortlessly swatted away a leaping Hulk, and even fairly quickly destroyed Hela herself.

- Invulnerability: Surtur, after being revived from the Eternal Flame, became practically invulnerable, only slightly stumbling from Hulk's leaping blow, and being barely affected by Hela piercing him with many oversized blades.

- Expert Swordsman: Surtur is skilled at combatively utilizing his massive flaming Twilight Sword, using it to swiftly slice apart Asgardian palaces, and to destroy Hela.

- Twilight Sword: A large, burning blade seemingly made up of fire. It can shoot flames to engulf any enemy and grows with Surtur after he had been revived. It's tremendously strong, enough so to destroy Asgard entirely when Surtur brought about Ragnarök by plunging his blade into the ground, shattering Asgard and everything on it.

- Crown of Surtur: A burning crown that holds Surtur's being. When removed, it turns a dull black/grayish color and Surtur's body disappears. It is also Surtur's source of power. When combined with the Eternal Flame, Surtur becomes powerful enough to swiftly destroy a realm as powerful as Asgard.

- Eternal Flame: The Eternal Flame is an ever-burning fire which was originally kept in Asgard's weapons vault. After Hela uses it to revive her old warriors and wolf, Fenris, it was ultimately used by Loki to revive Surtur and bring about Ragnarök. By placing the Crown of Surtur in the Eternal Flame, the fire giant was able to destroy Asgard completely with his overwhelming power.

ESON THE SEARCHER WITH INFINITY STONE

- Cosmic Power: Eson has unimaginable power, so much that he can destroy a planet, while wielding an Infinity Stone.

- Superhuman Durability: Eson's physical constitution is so immeasurably strong that he stands on the surface of the planet as it is destroyed without fear.

- Extremely Long Lived: As a Celestial Eson's been around for millions of years.

- Gigantic Size: Seems to be over a thousand feet tall.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT
ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT
RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu

Ego the Living Planet

Odin

Doctor Strange with Time Gem (Reality Hack)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale)]

Hela

Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Kurse

Ronan (with Power Gem)

Fenris

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)

Hulkbuster Iron Man

Ghost Rider

Abomination

Thor

Hulk

Malekith (with Reality Gem)

Doctor Strange

Vision

Destroyer Armor

Giant Man

Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level)

Aldrich Killian

Drax the Destroyer

Iron Man

Loki

Iron Monger

Ronan

Whiplash

War Machine

Scarlett Witch

Valkyrie

Heimdall

Sif

Hogun

Fandral

Volstagg

Korath The Pursuer

Quake

Groot

Killgrave

Yondu

Lash

Hive

Frigga

Pepper Potts with Extremis

Mantis

Skurge

Korg

Baron Mordo

Master Wong

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)

Captain America

Gamora

Spider-Man

Vulture

Black Panther

Red Skull

Winter Solider

Starlord

Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)

Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)

Quicksliver

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Jessica Jones

Crossbones

Madame Gao

Mr. Hyde

Slingshot

Aida

Raina

Deathlok

The Patriot

Carl Creed the Absorbing Man

Lorelei

Nebula

Miek

Ant Man

Yellow Jacket

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)

Daredevil

Black Widow

Elektra

Hawkeye

Shocker

Batroc The Leaper

Rocket Raccoon

Coleen Wing

Falcon

Batroc The Leaper

Kingpin

Diamondback

Nobu

Bakuto

Peggy Carter

Sharon Carter Agent 13

Dum Dum Dugan

Mocking Bird

Maria Hill

Misty Knight

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Phil Coulson

Zemo

*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the results. Spread the word.

Last edited:
Both Planet Busters. I am going to have to think on this for a little bit, because I think it is very close.

Surfer

Okay, I have given it some thought and I am voting for Eson with the Infinity Stone and here is why.

Asgard is a small, planetary body that serves as home to the Asgardians. It is about the size of a small state. It is not round like the Earth, does not spin on its axis, and does not revolve around a star. It is a flat, asteroid-like mass that has a top surface with a gravitational pull, similar to that of the Earth.

Okay, so the planet Surtur Prime destroyed was about the size of a small state, and about as deep as an Asteroid. Destroying it is impressive, but Eson the Searcher with the Infinity Stone destroyed a full sized planet. This would not only mean that his destruction feat was on a larger scale size wise, but that it would require his power to travel deeper into the planets core to cause such destruction. Now it's possible Surtur may have been able to create a similar amount of destruction if given the opportunity, but it was not shown on screen and therefore becomes speculation.

Voting for Eson with the Infinity Stone, because I feel his display of power was bigger and therefore he should be able to beat Surtur Prime.

I feel both belong in the Cosmic Tier.

Surfer

Last edited:
Very difficult, based on the limited number of power feats for each.

If Eson has anywhere near the power of a comic book Celestial he takes this easily -with the infinity stone as a clincher.

Surtur Prime is mighty but Celestials are almost literally gods.

Very difficult, based on the limited number of power feats for each.

If Eson has anywhere near the power of a comic book Celestial he takes this easily -with the infinity stone as a clincher.

Surtur Prime is mighty but Celestials are almost literally gods.

I agree it is hard because of the limited feats. But here is what we know.

Surtur Prime - Destroyed Asgard, which is not nearly the size of a full sized Planet, and more in line with being the size of an Asteroid.

Eson The Searcher - Destroyed a Full sized planet using an infinity Stone.

Therefore, the planet being considerably larger makes it the bigger feat and requiries a higher level of strength.

Could Surtur have busted a full sized planet? Maybe
Can Eson the Searcher with the Infinity Stone bust a full sized planet? Definitely.

So, in my opinion the sure thing wins over the possible thing every time, making Eson the winner.

Surfer

I always vote for the Celestial. While I tend to put Surtur above Odin, Odin can at least hold his own. The Celestials have seemed to vastly outclass him, which is why he built the Destroyer in the first place. And that's without an Infinity Gem.

I knew people were gonna use the old "Asgard is smaller than a normal planet" argument.

Low and behold....

I would say the Celestial wins, but is there a tier beyond cosmic, LOL!

I consider Surtur and Ragnarok to be magical, predestined events in nature. Physical power is ultimately meaningless, even though Hulk managed to momentarily interrupt Surtur.

I would say the Celestial wins, but is there a tier beyond cosmic, LOL!

No, but the characters are organized in order within their respective Tiers in accordance with how they fair in battle against other characters in the same tier. Eson with the Infinity Stone was previously placed above Ego the Living Planet in battle, but below Dormammu. If Eson with the infinity Stone wins this battle then Surtur Prime's next battle for final placement would be against Ego The Living Planet. If Surtur Prime wins, then his next battle would be against Dormammu for Final Placement. The same new character selected initially from the speculative list in Red will fight again every 3rd week (since there is 3 of us running the battles) and they will receive a Tentative Placement status in Orange after each battle, until all the necessary battles have been completed to provide them with a proper Final Placement in Blue. This placement in Blue is a placement that is relative to all other characters in Blue, but may not be relative to characters in Orange in cases where a battle has not yet occurred. I know that was more info then you were probably asking for, but we are using Tiers as a classification, but in the end you will still have the possibility of there being a large difference in power level between a character at the top of a specific Tier and a character at the bottom of the same Tier.

Hope that makes sense.

Surfer

I consider Surtur and Ragnarok to be magical, predestined events in nature. Physical power is ultimately meaningless, even though Hulk managed to momentarily interrupt Surtur.

Yeah, but Thor, Hulk and even Hela were characters not at Surtur's level of power making a predestined event impossible for them to stop (once started) or even just keep it at bay like Odin did. However, there are powers out there in the MCU that could defy predestined events like Dr. Strange with the Time Stone. He could keep Ragnarok from occuring by going back in time before Loki took the throne of Asgard from Odin, which is ultimately the event that lead to Odin's death, Hela's return and even the need to allow Surtur to become Surtur Prime and destroy Asgard. However, even without changing time I think there are powers that can stop Surtur's Ragnarok from unfolding.

Surfer

Eson Cosmic tier, Surtur Transcendent tier.

I knew people were gonna use the old "Asgard is smaller than a normal planet" argument.

Low and behold....

Sorry! I know you like Surtur better, but I am just trying to compare the facts.

Surfer

I think Surtur is Cosmic Tier when he had the Eternal Flame, but was maybe just Transcendent before that. Any Celestial is cosmic tier.

I think it's a spite to put Eson with stone against anyone who does not have a stone

I think it's a spite to put Eson with stone against anyone who does not have a stone

The problem is that Eson's only feat is with the Infinity Stone, so it is hard to separate the 2 and say this is Eson's power and this is the Infinity Stone's power. Also, Eson lost to Dormammu, so the Infinity Stone is not a guarantee of him beating everyone. In addition Surtur Prime had the Twilight Sword, and was powered by the Eternal Flame which in itself is very powerful.

Surfer

Last edited:
The problem is that Eson's only feat is with the Infinity Stone, so it is hard to separate the 2 and say this is Eson's power and this is the Infinity Stone's power. Also, Eson lost to Dormammu, so the Infinity Stone is not a guarantee of him beating everyone. In addition Surtur Prime had the Twilight Sword, and was powered by the Eternal Flame which in itself is very powerful.

Surfer
Perhaps there aren't enough feats for Eson for these kinds of battles we have no idea what kind of base durability he has as a Celestial, how much additional durability is gained by his armor, techniques/powers, or the power stone itself.

-Ronan was able to tank one of Rocket's crazy powerful blasts without any meaningful damage to his person while empowered by the power stone.

while

-Strange was able to momentarily block Dormamu's attacks with his shields

Not to re-litigate past battles but I think Eson with Power Stone should be able to take Dormamu, and Prime Surter with ease I'm talking about 1 shot level curb stompery

Perhaps there aren't enough feats for Eson for these kinds of battles we have no idea what kind of base durability he has as a Celestial, how much additional durability is gained by his armor, techniques/powers, or the power stone itself.

-Ronan was able to tank one of Rocket's crazy powerful blasts without any meaningful damage to his person while empowered by the power stone.

while

Not to re-litigate past battles but I think Eson with Power Stone should be able to take Dormamu, and Prime Surter with ease I'm talking about 1 shot level curb stompery

Yeah I'm not really keen with using Eson The Searcher in these battles, he's more of a cameo than an actual character.

Sorry! I know you like Surtur better, but I am just trying to compare the facts.

Surfer

It's not that, it's the fact that I've seen that same argument regurgitated over and over.

Did you lads consider a "draw" option ? Because I see a few of these characters being able to effectively stalemate each other without either gaining a decisive advantage without outside help or some chance distraction etc. (E.g. Cap v Black Panther)

Dormammu seems to be atop the pyramid at the moment, but that I think depends on whether the fight takes place in the dark dimension. Do infinity stones work in interdimensional space, just how infinite are they ?

Anyway, a draw option might allow you to rank some characters side by side.

Did you lads consider a "draw" option ? Because I see a few of these characters being able to effectively stalemate each other without either gaining a decisive advantage without outside help or some chance distraction etc. (E.g. Cap v Black Panther)

Dormammu seems to be atop the pyramid at the moment, but that I think depends on whether the fight takes place in the dark dimension. Do infinity stones work in interdimensional space, just how infinite are they ?

The inifinity stones still work in the dark dimension as seen when strange used the time stone

Low and behold....

While I still think Eson wins, I agree that ( just like Yoda) you can't judge Asgard by it's size. Clearly it is imbued with immense mystical power (E.g. the Bifrost) and the regular laws of physics do not seem to apply. Is it even in normal space ?, Loki fell from the Bifrost and ended up on Earth- and it connects to other realms ( Svartalfheim, Jotunheim etc even without the Bifrost)

I don't think Surtur destroying Asgard is equivalent to him destroying a land mass or asteroid of similar size.

while

Eson's durability can be judged to some degree by him seeming unphased by the blast from the power stone that resulted in him destroying the planet.

As for Eson with the Infinity Stone taking down Dormammu. Eson with the Power Stone is incredibly powerful, but he has a physical body. Dormammu is also extremely powerful, but he is an Abstract making it more difficult for him to be destroyed than that of a character with a Physical Body. I imagine that was part of the reason why when fans voted on this battle Eson lost.

Surfer

The inifinity stones still work in the dark dimension as seen when strange used the time stone

Whoops, I was thinking of the power stone, but you're right obviously they would work if the time stone works..... duh, where was my brain today ?

But seriously, what about a "draw" option ?

Last edited:
While I still think Eson wins, I agree that ( just like Yoda) you can't judge Asgard by it's size. Clearly it is imbued with immense mystical power (E.g. the Bifrost) and the regular laws of physics do not seem to apply. Is it even in normal space ?, Loki fell from the Bifrost and ended up on Earth- and it connects to other realms ( Svartalfheim, Jotunheim etc even without the Bifrost)

I don't think Surtur destroying Asgard is equivalent to him destroying a land mass or asteroid of similar size.

Exactly, that's why you're my boy Batmanmerisms. :highfive:

Yes. Doctor Strange was able to use the Time Stone in his dimension, so yes they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"