MCU Fight: Thor vs Hulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Thor and Hulk belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up.

THOR Vs. HULK

thor-ragnarok-trailer.gif

n6TZlDK.gif

THOR

- Superhuman Strength: As an Asgardian, specifically the son of Odin, Thor is the third strongest Asgardian alive, apart from Odin and his elder sister Hela. He can lift or move immensely heavy objects effortlessly, such as when he was able to easily catch a falling car with one arm during Battle of Sokovia, saving the family trapped inside. He can also easily crush extremely durable objects - such as Iron Man's gauntlets. Thor was even able to tear space ships apart with his bare hands during his escape from Sakaar and held the upperhand while grappling with the Hulk during their gladiator battle.

- Superhuman Speed: Thor can move at superhuman speeds. Thor tackled Hulk through the wall of a Helicarrier in a split second, visibly appearing as a blur.

-Superhuman Reflexes: Thor can react and dodge objects traveling at high speeds, with him blocking many differences kinds of weapons with his hammer such as Dark Elf lasers and Chitauri lasers.

- Superhuman Agility: Thor's agility, dexterity, balance, and bodily coordination make him a great warrior for battle. He moves with incredible grace and speed despite his considerable size and body density. He was able to dodge the wing of a jet fighter thrown at him by the Hulk, as well as dodging many of Hulk's hammer and battle-axe blows in their second battle.

- Superhuman Durability: Thor possesses nigh-invulnerability, including resistance to powerful energy blasts, immense blunt force trauma, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces. He withstood the extreme cold of Jotunheim, the extreme heat of Muspelheim, survived a direct near point-blank range blast from Gungnir blasting him out of Odin's chamber, and falling several hundred feet to the ground, showing no visible signs of injury. Thor withstood a 400%-charged repulsor blast from Iron Man.

Regenerative Healing Factor: Due to his Asgardian physiology, Thor is able to heal at a rate much faster than a normal human. After the brutal beating he suffered from Kurse, upon arriving to Earth several minutes later, he had nearly completely recovered from his bleeding wounds. While fighting Hela, Thor was painfully pierced multiple times by her Necroswords, getting his right eye gouged out in the process, and while Thor was unable to regenerate his eye, he recovered from all of the stabs mere minutes later, despite the Warriors Three all perishing from a single stab from Hela each.

- Weather Manipulation: Thor displayed the ability to manipulate parts of the weather even before he lost his hammer to Hela. His focus always seemed to be somewhere else, so whenever events of him displaying his power occurred his mind was elsewhere. Among them was when he was able to keep rain from touching Jane Foster as a downpour occurred, and when he began to generate sparks of lightning from his hands after becoming furious. He began to unlock the full potential of his abilities during his encounter with Hela, now being able to generate rather large storm clouds and create thunder.

- Lightning Manipulation: Thor can generate, control and project electrical energy, with him thus being dubbed the "God of Thunder". Following Odin's death, Thor's electrokinetic powers are further enhanced to the point where he could generate electrical energy from his own body and summon thunder and lightning from the sky, without the use of Mjølnir. Indeed, Thor's generated lightning bolts were powerful enough to take down a Chitauri Leviathan, to blacken an Aether-enhanced Malekith, to send an enraged Hulk flying back, and to even temporarily stun Hela herself, all with a single respective blast. Additionally, he could pull enemies towards him using lightning and he was able to destroy a proportion of Rainbow Bridge that Hela was standing on.

-Mjølnir: Due to the enchantments placed upon the mystical hammer, Thor was granted the ability to focus his innate mystical abilities and harness them. It allowed him to easily harness his dominion over thunder and lightning and that allowed for several other sub-abilities to follow suit.

HULK

- Superhuman Strength: Hulk´s primary power is his immense superhuman strength. Hulk's strength increases with his anger, thus making it essentially Immeasurable. His incredible strength allows him to rip steel apart as if it were made of paper, to break vehicles with a punch, stop a speeding Humvee in its tracks by stomping it into the ground, leave a dent after punching a wall made of an extremely durable silicon-carbide Vibranium alloy, kill a massive Leviathan with a single punch, or do a powerful thunderclap to stop a military helicopter from blowing up, saving Betty and her father in the process. In combat, Hulk often uses his strength to throw heavy objects (like cars and forklift trucks, for example) or his smaller opponents in order to defeat his enemies, such as when Hulk threw a human-sized Emil Blonsky more than 40 feet away with a single kick or when he hurled Loki around repeatedly while holding him by the leg.

- Super Leaps: Hulk's strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to leap great distances, such as when he traveled from Brazil to Guatemala in a single night, covering at least from 1500 to 1600 miles in over 7 to 10 hours, or great heights with precision, such as when reached the top of Stark Tower from ground level in a single leap, or when he caught Iron Man in mid-fall when Stark came back through the Wormhole over New York City.

- Superhuman Durability: Hulk is able to withstand blows and attacks of considerable force; even high caliber bullets bounce off him and flames cause him little damage. His bone, skin, and muscles have an extreme density and he possesses a high degree of resistance to injury, pain, and disease. Hulk also withstood multiple energy blasts from Chitauri weaponry, extreme cold in the Arctic, great impacts from heights of several miles (though the impact knocked him unconscious, forcing him to revert back into Banner). In addition, Iron Man noted the amount of gamma radiation Banner was exposed to would have killed him if it had not given him the ability to transform into Hulk. Only beings with incredible force or extremely powerful weapons can harm him.

- Superhuman stamina: Hulk has substantially greater endurance than a normal human, allowing him to run and fight for a long time. His enraged state, during a fight, allows him to maintain peak output for hours on end and still continue to become even stronger as his anger escalates.

- Superhuman speed: Regardless of his size, Hulk's superhuman strength of his legs allow him to run at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of a human being. He also possesses enhanced reflexes and agility proportionate to his size, but his large size can still be exploited by smaller foes to use to their advantage.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS
GREEN CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING UP THE TIER LIST
ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING DOWN THE TIER LIST
RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu

Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone

Surtur Prime

Ego The Living Planet

Odin

Doctor Strange (w/ time gem)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale)]

Hela

Ronan with the Power Stone

Kurse

Fenris

Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Thanos

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)

Thor

Hulk

Ghost Rider

Hulk Buster Iron Man

Abomination

Doctor Strange

Malekith (W/ reality gem)

Ancient One

Vision

The Destroyer Armor

Giant Man

Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level)

Aldrich Killian

Valkyrie

Drax the Destroyer

Ronan

Loki

Iron Monger

Scarlet Witch

Whiplash

War Machine

Quake

Malekith

Heimdall

Sif

Hogun

Fandral

Volstagg

Korath The Pursuer

Groot

Killgrave

Yondu

Lash

Hive

Frigga

Pepper Potts with Extremis

Mantis

Skurge

Korg

Baron Mordo

Master Wong

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther

Captain America

Gamora

Spiderman

Winter Soldier

Vulture

Red Skull

Crossbones

Falcon

Quicksilver

Starlord

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Jessica Jones

Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)

Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)

Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)

Madame Gao

Mr. Hyde

Slingshot

Aida

Raina

Deathlok

The Patriot

Carl Creed the Absorbing Man

Lorelei

Nebula

Miek

Ant Man

Yellow Jacket

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)

Daredevil

Black Widow

Rocket Racoon

Hawkeye

Elektra

Punisher

Coleen Wing

Batroc the Leaper

Shocker

Kingpin

Nobu

Diamondback

Bakuto

Peggy Carter

Sharon Carter Agent 13

Dum Dum Dugan

Mocking Bird

Maria Hill

Misty Knight

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Phil Coulson

Zemo
*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the results. Spread the word.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Oooohhhhhh this will be interesting. Despite Ragnorak, I still go with Hulk, he was getting more pissed off in that fight as Thor was also getting more powerful, and Thor still wasn’t able to knock him out even with lightning charged blows.

Unless he is knocked out, Hulk will just keep getting more and more powerful. Thor still has a limit on his powers, Hulk seemingly doesn’t.

Oooohhhhhh this will be interesting. Despite Ragnorak, I still go with Hulk, he was getting more pissed off in that fight as Thor was also getting more powerful, and Thor still wasn’t able to knock him out even with lightning charged blows.

Unless he is knocked out, Hulk will just keep getting more and more powerful. Thor still has a limit on his powers, Hulk seemingly doesn’t.

Thor wasn't knocked out either, even after being pounded in the ground continously.

Hulk was woozy after both of those lightning punches too.

Last edited:
Thor wasn't knocked out either, even after being pounded in the ground continously.

Hulk was woozy after both of those lightning punches too.

Thor was woozy a few times also :oldrazz:. Plus it was a Thor movie, he was always going to get an advantage.

This is why I said this will be interesting :cwink:.

Thor. It's pretty much inarguable after Ragnarok.

Thor was woozy a few times also :oldrazz:. Plus it was a Thor movie, he was always going to get an advantage.

This is why I said this will be interesting :cwink:.

The fact that it was a Thor movie doesn't make it any less legitimate. That's the equivalent of saying that Cap only beat Bucky in WS because it was a Cap movie.

Thor did more damage to Hulk with 2 lightning punches than Hulk did with dozens of hits to Thor. Hulk was going to lose. The crowd knew it, and the Grandmaster knew it as well, hence his decision to cheat.

Furthermore, it's worth remembering that Thor didn't have Mjolnir in that scene. If you were to combine Thor's Thunder Mode with the added advantages of Mjolnir's striking power and flight, this fight would turn into a one-sided stomp.

Before Ragnarok, I would have given a slight edge to Hulk. In Ragnarok, however, Thor accessed his lightning-based powers which put him on a different level altogether. In the arena, it was clear that Thor would have scored a knockout had Grandmaster not intervened to rescue the Hulk.

In fact, Thor's newly-expanded powers place him (nearly?) into the transcendent tier. It seems, from his final conversation with Odin, that his limitations stem from his lack of belief in himself and failure to understand his own powers. Perhaps once Thor accepts and embraces his role as a Sky Father as well as King of Asgard, his powers will expand to the level Odin once held.

Sigh, Thor vs Hulk again. Not for nothing, but we've already seen multiple movies of them fighting.

I'm still waiting on a more interesting match: Thor vs Ronan with the Power Stone.

In truth i think it should be a tie. But in the end my vote goes for Thor.
Hulk is stronger. Thor is more powerful. They are both in the same level.

Hulk is a heavy hitter, he is relentless and has almost infinite durability. He is not the smartest fighter neither is he the fastest but his immense strength and anger overpowers most of his adversaries. His fighting style also isn't great but then again he can soak pretty much everything that is directed at him. He can be hurt though but once again his healing factor is very high and allows him to eventually recover.

Thor has been shown to be a more well rounded fighter. He is faster, more skilled... He is also immensely strong and incredibly durable soaking pretty much everything thrown at him. Thor is not only about strength, he is very powerful being able to channel lighting blasts from within and command the elements. He can power up at will, dramatically increasing the output of his hits...

Most of the times when Thor fought the Hulk he always tries to reason with him. While Hulk was always going all out on a rampage. Now with the newly discovered powers Thor has become more powerful than ever surpassing even when he used to rely on mjolnir for most of the heavy lifting. He is the weapon. For most of the fight in the arena Thor wasn't powered up and he still was able to run circles around Hulk landing plenty of hits without being tagged. And when Thor finally powered up he came both times on top of their exchanges.

I think Thor and Hulk belong in the Transcendent Tier. I'm not even looking at the particular meaning of the tiers because i personally think that the definitions confuse more than help to find placings for everyone.

I put Thor and Hulk below Ultron Prime and above Fenris.

The fact that it was a Thor movie doesn't make it any less legitimate. That's the equivalent of saying that Cap only beat Bucky in WS because it was a Cap movie.

Thor did more damage to Hulk with 2 lightning punches than Hulk did with dozens of hits to Thor. Hulk was going to lose. The crowd knew it, and the Grandmaster knew it as well, hence his decision to cheat.

Furthermore, it's worth remembering that Thor didn't have Mjolnir in that scene. If you were to combine Thor's Thunder Mode with the added advantages of Mjolnir's striking power and flight, this fight would turn into a one-sided stomp.

Of course it makes it less legitimate, and a hero beating a villain in his movie is not the same as a hero vs hero match. It’s why Cap beat IM in CW despite IM being shown a sequel much more powerful in the other movies.

Thor was never going to lose to Hulk in a Thor movie. And about Mjolnir, it didn’t help Thor much in his fight with Hulk in Avengers, Hulk still had the better of that fight.

Also the lightning charged punches didn’t do any visible damage to Hulk, just knocked him for 6 a little, he was still standing after both.

I don’t think Grandmaster or the crowd knew Thor was going to win, but i’ll admit they certainly feared it. That’s why GM stopped the fight. But also, Hulk was getting more and more pissed off at that point. Hulk had the clear strength advantage in the fight, despite some impressive stuff from Thor.

Ragnarok puts Thor as more powerful and more skilled, as he was clearly doing better in the arena, and it's only at the end of the film that he truly grasps the power that he holds. In a fight like the thread is about Thor would go all out from the start and not gradually pick up the pace.

Regarding the Avengers fight, Thor got more offense in than Hulk, and Thor was the only one to rock his opponent. Hulk had the upper hand when they got interrupted, but throwing Thor around was less significant than the first punch Hulk landed.

So based on what we've seen the odds are in Thor's favor.

Of course it makes it less legitimate,

What? So you're saying that any fights that happen outside of the Avengers movies aren't legit? What about Ant-Man beating Falcon?

and a hero beating a villain in his movie is not the same as a hero vs hero match. It’s why Cap beat IM in CW despite IM being shown a sequel much more powerful in the other movies.

Firstly, Bucky isn't a villain. Secondly, Cap beating IM was BS of the highest calibre. Cap and IM have been shown to be on a completely different level to each other in the past. On the other hand, Thor and Hulk have always been shown to be on a similar level to each other.

And about Mjolnir, it didn’t help Thor much in his fight with Hulk in Avengers, Hulk still had the better of that fight.

That's why I said: "If you were to combine Thor's Thunder Mode with the added advantages of Mjolnir's striking power and flight, this fight would turn into a one-sided stomp."

By Thunder Mode, I mean this:

Also the lightning charged punches didn’t do any visible damage to Hulk, just knocked him for 6 a little, he was still standing after both.

He was knocked on his ass by both hits, and it took him several seconds to get up after both.

I don’t think Grandmaster or the crowd knew Thor was going to win, but i’ll admit they certainly feared it.

Same thing.

That’s why GM stopped the fight. But also, Hulk was getting more and more pissed off at that point. Hulk had the clear strength advantage in the fight, despite some impressive stuff from Thor.

Hulk is clearly stronger than Thor. Nobody is denying that. But Thor is superior in every other regard.

It's worth remembering that with his lightning in play, Thor would no longer be limited to purely melee attacks. He'd be able to do stuff like this:

tumblr_p2xe1yfvVB1rv1d8ho4_540.gif

Or this:

tumblr_p2x0evmNCq1vam7veo6_540.gif

Hulk has no answer to that.

I wasn't sure which way to go, but after reading these recaps and gifs of Ragnarok, I'm going to have to go with the king. I'd keep both as powerhouse tier though. Lightning Thor is noting to fool with, but at the end of the day, Hela wasn't going all out like she did against Surtur, and she was distracted, not taking him on one on one. And while pictures ain't much, the concept art has him fighting alongside the GotG and someone who was truly transcendent would make them all irrelevant, imho.

What? So you're saying that any fights that happen outside of the Avengers movies aren't legit? What about Ant-Man beating Falcon?

Not what I said, Thor is never going to lose to another hero in a Thor movie, that was my point. Just like Hulk wouldn’t lose to Thor in a Hulk movie.

Firstly, Bucky isn't a villain. Secondly, Cap beating IM was BS of the highest calibre. Cap and IM have been shown to be on a completely different level to each other in the past. On the other hand, Thor and Hulk have always been shown to be on a similar level to each other.

So Bucky wasn’t a villain in TWS? He wasn’t there trying to kill Fury, Widow and Cap? He most certainly was a villain, hence why Cap had to fight him.

And I agree on Cap beating IM being BS, but Cap was never going to lose in his own movie, just like Thor wouldnt. It’s not about power levels. And for the record I think Thor is certainly capable of beating Hulk.

That's why I said: "If you were to combine Thor's Thunder Mode with the added advantages of Mjolnir's striking power and flight, this fight would turn into a one-sided stomp."

By Thunder Mode, I mean this:

Yeah I knew what you meant, but Thor had some rather large weapons in the arena, made of alien metals, and eventually Hulk’s anger overcame them. Now Mjolnir is certainly above those weapons in terms of durability, but as Odin says it was only ever for Thor channel his power, it wasn’t the source of his power.

He was knocked on his ass by both hits, and it took him several seconds to get up after both.

Don’t disagree there, but Hulk knocked Thor around plenty as well.

Same thing.

I disagree, fearing something will happen doesn’t mean it actually will.

Hulk is clearly stronger than Thor. Nobody is denying that. But Thor is superior in every other regard.

It's worth remembering that with his lightning in play, Thor would no longer be limited to purely melee attacks. He'd be able to do stuff like this:

tumblr_p2xe1yfvVB1rv1d8ho4_540.gif

Or this:

tumblr_p2x0evmNCq1vam7veo6_540.gif

Hulk has no answer to that.

The thing is though the lightning did no actual damage to Hulk, it just shook him up. It’s a heavy hit no doubt, but I don’t see it being a knock out blow to Hulk, just as it didn’t in Ragnorak.

Anyway, we clearly won’t agree on this, so let’s agree to disagree.

Sigh, Thor vs Hulk again. Not for nothing, but we've already seen multiple movies of them fighting.

I'm still waiting on a more interesting match: Thor vs Ronan with the Power Stone.

Well for the sake of our power tier list we had to have them battle to see who's at the top of their tier list.

We're not just thowing together matches that are 'cool', we have a power tier system and the purpose of these battles are to help us structure them.

Last edited:
Don’t disagree there, but Hulk knocked Thor around plenty as well.

The thing is though the lightning did no actual damage to Hulk, it just shook him up. It’s a heavy hit no doubt, but I don’t see it being a knock out blow to Hulk, just as it didn’t in Ragnorak.

To be fair, most of Hulk's big hits on Thor happened when Thor wasn't trying to fight especially the "Loki slam" which was a sneak attack (which are more effective than normal). Thor was trying to reason with Hulk for the first half if the fight, once Thor realized that wasn't going to work the real fight began.

To say those lightning charged blows did no damage is just incorrect, Hulk was dizzy and had to clear his head after both. That's actually a sign of being concussed which is more dangerous than surface level injuries like cuts and bruises.

Just because you can't SEE the damage doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Giving someone a black eye or nose bleed (which is very insignificant) is far easier than having someone rocked.

Last edited:
Ragnarok has boosted Thor up a lot to give him the edge. Before Ragnarok Hulk might have won.

Thor at his top power had Hulk looking like a boxer prepping to get knocked down before Grandmaster. Breathing hard, squinting and exhausted with his hands slowing raising to brace himself. I would have said Hulk after Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron, but after Ragnarok i say Thor definitely.

Hulk unless post Ragnarok then it's Thor cause king Thor has the firepower to knock out Hulk before Hulk gets too strong for King Thor to handle so King Thor wins 10/10

Hulk unless post Ragnarok then it's Thor cause king Thor has the firepower to knock out Hulk before Hulk gets too strong for King Thor to handle so King Thor wins 10/10

This is the most current versions of the characters, why would it be based off past versions?

Thor at this stage, likely but not decisively. We still have a few movies left to see if Hulk gets a boost.

Going back to their Ragnarok fight, Hulk was in no way out of the fight after that punch, he looked a bit dazed but was still standing and fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"