MCU Fight: Ultron Prime Vs. Kurse

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Ultron Prime and Kurse belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up.

Ultron Prime Vs Kurse

tumblr_ol88hiEc3Y1tlgqkgo1_500.gif

kolH6Qh.gif

ULTRON PRIME

- Robotic Physiology: Ultron first possessed a mangled, corroded humanoid robotic body constructed out of Tony Stark's Iron Legion sentinel drones. Shortly over time, he built an armada of robotic sentinel forms and primary robotic forms for himself that were all sourced from the HYDRA Research Base; therefore, he becomes much powerful and stronger with each new upgrades.

- Superhuman Strength: Ultron could generate such extraordinary amounts of force far beyond human capabilities, easily crushing and destroying a robotic head with a single hand. His later bodies were used to fight Iron Man on relatively equal terms, and maintain the upper hand against Captain America - easily deflecting his shield with his hand and hurling it back at equal speed. Ultron's final vibranium-armored primary body bestowed him incredible superhuman strength, enough to overpower even Thor and Vision, with Ultron being able to punch Thor hard enough to make the nigh-invulnerable Asgardian slightly bleed.

- Superhuman Durability: Ultron's initial primary robotic body was highly durable, equivalent to the Iron Man armor suit. However, his body was prone to damage inflicted by both Captain America's Shield and Iron Man's repulsor blasts. Ultron adopted the last exceptionally durable and ultimate body form armored by the remaining vials of Vibranium. His final body allowed him to survive a punch from the Hulk and a swing from Vision wielding the Mjølnir. However, the durability of his last body form still had its limits - as being simultaneously blasted with the intense energy beam from Vision's Mind Stone, double repulsor blasts from Iron Man, and a lightning bolt from Thor wielding Mjølnir, Ultron's armor slowly began to melt off, weakening him gradually.

- Superhuman Stamina: As an android, Ultron did not sleep nor eat, being highly capable of maintaining his activities continuously for extended periods of time.

- Flight: Ultron had the ability to fly through the air at high speeds, enough to keep up with the lighter Iron Man during their short battle. His third body did not use jet propulsion, and instead utilized Chitauri anti-gravitational technology which he worked with when taking over Strucker's base.

- Gravity Manipulation: Ultron possessed miniaturized versions of the anti-gravity technology that served to keep the Chitauri Leviathan afloat; essentially re-purposing them as offensive weaponry. Through miniature generators housed in his hands, he could manipulate gravitational fields, allowing him to move an object through a push/pull motion. Ultron used these to pull his enemies towards himself, throw large objects at enemies (e.g. debris), and even shift the land mass around him by pulling large chunks up from the ground.[8]. His final form possessed this technology in place of its flight based parts, allowing him to fly by manipulating his immediate gravitational field.

- Concussion Beams: Ultron could shoot highly concussive red blasts through his hands and fingertips. Much like the repulsor beams of the Iron Man armor, Ultron's red energy blasts are fired from his hands, with the difference being that it appears as an electrical plasma. The severity of these blasts could be willfully adjusted as Ultron has been shown to both stun and kill, such as when he stunned Helen Cho, or when he blasted through the train conductor's door during his skirmish with Captain America; effectively destroying the train's control panel and killing the train conductor inside.

- Body Temperature Manipulation: Ultron could raise the temperature of his hands as means of slicing or causing damage to the desired target. Much like the Extremis hosts, when Ultron heats up his hands, they glow with the intensity of the heat. He instinctively used this ability to slice off Ulysses Klaue's arm when the latter compared him to Iron Man, as well as when he destroyed his own second body after adopting his new vibranium-encased form.

- Technology Manipulation: As an artificial intelligence, Ultron could mentally control and channel himself via computer technology.

- Mind Transfer: As an artificial intelligence, Ultron could transfer his consciousness where he could access any computer systems and encrypted systems, as where he becomes essentially anywhere and everywhere. Ultron could transfer his consciousness into the Ultron Sentries, serving as host bodies; that is, once the drones' eyes and mouths glow red, Ultron was in complete control.

- Hive Mind System: Ultron could mentally command all of the Ultron Sentries, to do his exact biddings. The sentries act as extensions of Ultron himself.

- Computer Interaction: Ultron could enter and corrupt any computer network and access the Internet at any point in time. Ultron used this ability to hack and destroy J.A.R.V.I.S.. He was able to mentally hack into the bank account of Ulysses Klaue and transfer billions of dollars into his account, in exchange for his vibranium supply. However, during the Battle of Sokovia, Vision was able to hack into Ultron's programming and disable the latter's ability to escape through the net, though the great effort involved in doing so briefly incapacitated Vision.

- Genius-Level Intellect: As an artificial intelligence, Ultron learns inhumanly quickly, and can download information and data directly into his mind.

KURSE

- Superhuman Strength: Algrim's original level of strength as a Dark Elf was tremendously increased to incalculable superhuman levels thanks to the Kurse Stone. He proved able to easily smash Asgardian architecture, punch right through nigh-impenetrable Asgardian force fields, send Thor flying or knock him down with a single blow, and completely overpower the mighty Asgardian in a brutal fight, to the point that the otherwise nigh-invulnerable Thor sustained injuries and was unable to effectively fight back. Kurse was even unfazed by blows from Mjølnir, and could even deflect the hammer in full flight with a blow, in spite of it being one of the most powerful weapons in existence.

- Superhuman Durability: After becoming Kursed, Algrim's body became extremely durable and resistant to physical injury. He has been struck by Asgardian blades, withstood a direct blast from the Asgardian Shield generator, and even taken direct blows from Thor and Mjølnir with no apparent injury or effect. A Black Hole Grenade was one of the few things powerful enough to destroy him, completely.

- Burning Grip: After becoming Kursed, Algrim/Kurse showed the ability to incinerate Asgardian Warriors, with superhuman durability with his grip.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS
GREEN CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING UP THE TIER LIST
ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING DOWN THE TIER LIST
RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet
Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ time gem)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Hela
Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Fenris
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)
Thanos

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Thor
Vision
Hulk
Ghost Rider
Hulkbuster Iron Man
Abomination
Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Doctor Strange
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Ancient One
The Destroyer Armor
Giant Man
Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Valkyrie
Iron Man
Aldrich Killian
Drax the Destroyer
Ronan
Loki
Iron Monger
Scarlet Witch
Whiplash
War Machine
Quake
Malekith
Heimdall
Sif
Hogun
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America
Gamora
Spiderman
Winter Soldier
Vulture
Red Skull
Crossbones
Falcon
Quicksilver
Starlord
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Black Widow
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye
Elektra
Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Nick Fury
Phil Coulson
Zemo

*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the results. Spread the word.

Last edited:
Kurse, and it's not close.

Ultron Prime smacked Thor around a bit, and was sent flying by a hit from Mjolnir.

In comparison, Kurse nearly beat Thor to death ( actually did more damage than the Hulk did during their arena fight ) and took hits from Mjolnir with almost no effect.

Kurse would tear Ultron apart. Once the fight got into melee range, it would be over pretty quickly.

Kurse, and it's not close.

Ultron Prime smacked Thor around a bit, and was sent flying by a hit from Mjolnir.

In comparison, Kurse nearly beat Thor to death ( actually did more damage than the Hulk did during their arena fight ) and took hits from Mjolnir with almost no effect.

Kurse would tear Ultron apart. Once the fight got into melee range, it would be over pretty quickly.

Yeah Ultron smacking Thor around wasn't that impressive to me, I think it was more of Thor being caught off guard.

Where as Kurse actually beat him pillar to post, Thor didn't even get a chance to fight Ultron back.

Ultron is interesting. He has powerhouse strength with clear trans durability. Can Kurse dent Vibranium?

Thanks for posting this for me BT

Yeah I'll say Kurse. As this is a "who would win in a fight" not "who would win in a fight against the avengers" type of battle.

Kurse doesnt have the skills for global domination or hitting the avengers where it hurts. Thor, Hulk, and Vision would keep him busy while Tony, Cap, and Wanda isolate him and proceed to remove him from the planet.

Ultron never really dies. So I believe he'd win out in the long run.

Ultron is interesting. He has powerhouse strength with clear trans durability. Can Kurse dent Vibranium?

Thanks for posting this for me BT

Amytime bro ham. :highfive:

Kurse rips Ultron apart

Kurse by some way, Ultron even in Prime form was not impressive at all.

Surfer and BT.

Ultrons 2 battles have been stomps.

How do you guys feel about his trans placement?

Everyone else, thoughts?

I just think he is a powerhouse, IMO.

Surfer and BT.

Everyone else, thoughts?

I think Thanos moves up to Ultron's spot and Thor comes up to the bottom of transcendent - while Ultron Prime drops to top of powerhouse, and Kurse stays where he is. IMO

I just think he is a powerhouse, IMO.

I think Thanos moves up to Ultron's spot and Thor comes up to the bottom of transcendent - while Ultron Prime drops to top of powerhouse, and Kurse stays where he is. IMO

Thanks guys. We gotta battle Thanos at some point though. Hopefully we get an idea how strong he is without the IG

Surfer and BT.

Everyone else, thoughts?

I say he's still transcendent due to durability alone, he's just at the bottom.

However imo Ragnarok Thor would beat his ass handily so idk.

I think Kurse is much more impressive. He'd physically destroy Ultron in a fight.

Btw, I think Kurse is Trans tier, while Ultron is Powerhouse tier

Dudes, just saying, after seeing Infinity War, that Scarlet Witch should be much higher up - at least powerhouse tier, given her power feats
fighting the black order ( who absolutely wasted Vision) and actually holding off Thanos for a bit, when he had 5 stones in the gauntlet. I reckon she should be close to Dr Strange, who also survives direct combat with Thanos

We put her in top tier due to her inability to fully control her powers at the time.

I don't feel Kurse could damage Ultron Prime's Vibranium body enough to defeat him, but Kurse is significantly stronger. So, I see the battle going like this in my opinion. Kurse tries to damage Ultron Primes Vibranium body and it results in minimal damage just some minor dents. I know Thor cracked the Vibranium core, but his power was not far below Kurse in my opinion and Mjolnir is significantly harder then Kurse's fist in my opinion, so I don't think Kurse could crack it. Ultron Prime then tries to blast Kurse and it has no effect, as his blasts are not powerful enough. He then tries to over power Kurse physically and Kurse punches Ultron Prime far away further then Vision hitting Ultron Prime with Mjolnir. Ultron prime then flies at Kurse and stabs him with a blade from his arm similar to how Loki stabbed Kurse. Unaffected by the wound Kurse knocks Ultron Prime to the ground. Kurse then grabs a huge rock even larger then the one in the Dark World and Kurse places it on top of Ultron Prime so he is unable to move. He is essentially stuck under this huge rock and it's too large for him to to move or blast through. So, Ultron Prime transfers his CPU to another Ultron bot and then continues his attack on Kurse now without the aid of his Vibranium body. Kurse quickly tears apart and destroys this version of Ultron before Ultron can react and Kurse stands victorius.

At least thats how I see it.

Surfer

Ultron embarrassed himself even in Prime mode so Kurse would have no problem.

Ultron embarrassed himself even in Prime mode so Kurse would have no problem.

Yeah he wasn't as powerful as he should've, the best thing he did was bulrush Thor when he wasn't looking.

Ultron is my favorite comic book villain so I'm sad that I couldn't see how he would be in a Russo Bros film.

Yeah he wasn't as powerful as he should've, the best thing he did was bulrush Thor when he wasn't looking.

Ultron is my favorite comic book villain so I'm sad that I couldn't see how he would be in a Russo Bros film.

Yeah it's a real shame. I had read that Whedon loved the character and this was what he most wanted to make in an Avengers film so I was really expecting something like Thanos from Ultron, and in the end I actually disliked what we got. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"