MCU Fight: War Machine Vs. Heimdall

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think War Machine and Heimdall belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up

WAR MACHINE Vs. HEIMDALL

tumblr_o5u9wxKGS31sc0ffqo1_500.gif

tumblr_mqd7ajThuF1s1y0u9o1_500.gif

WAR MACHINE

- Flight: The armor, like the Iron Man Armor, can reach speeds as Mach 3 in moments. It is equipped with non-weapons grade repulsor based flight stabilizers that theoretically reach speeds of Mach 8 similar to the Mark IV's flight stabilizers. It was adequate to keep up with the Mark VI during the battle over the Stark Expo and catch Iron Man off-guard and tackled him into the Oracle building.

- Superhuman Strength: When utilizing the armor, it increases Rhodes' natural physical abilities to superhuman levels, chief among them is his strength. Rhodes, inside his armor, is capable of overpowering normal humans and tear unmanned battle drones with ease. It also allows him to go toe-to-toe with Stark in his armor. By his own claim, Rhodes can lift a tank with his armor.

- Superhuman Reflexes: The armor, like Stark's, has motors for movement. It is extremely fast and responsive in flight, and during combat. The armor can react faster than naturally possible.

- Armor Systems: The armor has remote assistance, and a holographic HUD, with cellphone and computer connections in the helmet. The armor is powered by a miniature arc reactor and has an on-board generator for emergencies. The armors also have variable control surfaces for active flight control. The Hull Pressure Transducers are on board sensors that track external pressure based on altitude, speed, and temperature, and adjust internal settings appropriately.

- Self-Contained Life-Support System and Environmental Protection: The armor can be sealed for operations in vacuum or underwater, providing its own life support, and is shielded against radiation.

- Superhuman Durability: The armor is made of a solar charged carbon-composite-based external plating armor and has a chestplate protecting the arc reactor. It withstood the full-on fight with the Hammer Drones and their ammo unloaded on both him and Stark while in their respective suits. It was able to withstand damage done on it by Vanko in his own suit and protects the wearer from the effects of extreme g-forces. During the Clash of the Avengers, his armor resisted being at the epicentre of an explosion, Falcon's weapons, Giant Man's fists, being thrown into an airplane and Captain America's shield all with superficial damage.

Miniature Stark Sonic Cannon: It can emit sound waves that will stun the target for weeks. Rhodes has only used this twice, once on a group of the Ten Rings' allies, and once on Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man.

- Gauntlets: The armor's armbraces each mount an underslung sub-machine gun.

Repulsors: A particle beam weapon in the palm gauntlets that can repel physical and energy-based attacks. When combined with an attack from another repulsor, it can create an energy shockwave that decimate a small area like when he and Stark both fired their repulsors at each other and the resulting event destroyed much of Stark's house.

Unibeam: A more powerful version of the palm repulsors mounted on the chest. In addition to the physical capabilities and various weaponry it already possesses, it also utilizes laser guided munitions.

- Mini-Gun: A 7.62-mm minigun is attached to the back of the suit on a swivel mount and typically fires over the right shoulder. It is governed by an automated targeting system and can track targets independently of the suit's wearer, including those targets to the rear. The ammunition feed for this weapon is a belt feed from the rear torso.

HEIMDALL

- Superhuman Strength: Like all Asgardians, Heimdall is superhumanly strong and possesses greater physical strength than the average Asgardian male. He was able to break out from being frozen by Loki with the Casket of Ancient Winters, to lift a Frost Giant with his sword, to destroy a Dark Elf Harrow using only his sword, and to defeat several Berserkers with his sword. However, Heimdall was still no match for Fenris, with the former showing visible signs of fear when cornered by the massive beast on the Rainbow Bridge.

- Superhuman Speed: Heimdall can move at extreme speeds, with him thus managing to chase a flying Dark Elf Harrow, and quickly destroy it.

- Superhuman Durability: Heimdall's body is much denser and much more resistant to physical harm than the body of a human being. He was capable of being frozen by Loki and showing no signs of injuries afterward.

- Superhuman Stamina: His musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of humans.
Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his superhuman durability, Heimdall can be injured. However, his physiology allows him to heal at an accelerated rate.

- Longevity: Like all Asgardians, Heimdall ages at a rate that is much slower than that of a human being. Even though he is over one thousand years old, he still looks like a young man by Earth standards.

- Omni-Senses: Heimdall possesses tremendous sensory capabilities far beyond that of any Asgardians, which made Odin apoint him the Gatekeeper to Asgard. His sight itself extends to all of the Nine Realms, and his hearing is so sharp and precise that he heard the Warriors Three and Lady Sif conspiring against Loki from his post. Heimdall is able to hear other Asgardians calling him from other world and realms, such as Midgard, Jotunheim, Vanaheim, or Sakaar. When he uses his incredible perception, his eyes turn bright orange. Indeed, Heimdall himself claimed to see 10 trillion souls from Asgard.[3] Despite his phenomenal ability, however, his senses have been deceived to a degree by Loki and the Dark Elves, as he was unable to see into Svartalfheim.

- Transdimensional Communication: When Heimdall was called upon by Thor from Sakaar, he was able to allow Thor to temporarily see his own surroundings on Asgard, and to thus communicate with him as if they were in the same place. When doing so, Thor's eyes turned orange like Heimdall's.

- Dark Magic: Heimdall possesses dark magic which allows him to channel an esoteric energy to summon the Bifrost and transport others across the universe, which he used to teleport Hulk to Earth when confronted by Thanos and the Black Order in order to have him warn Earth due to the Rainbow Bridge being destroyed.

- Master Combatant: Heimdall is a very capable combatant, having received training in swordsmanship. While normally using his sword to open the Bifrost Bridge, when using it in combat, Heimdall is powerful enough to defeat two Frost Giants when in a weakened state, an entire Dark Elf Harrow with relative ease when at his prime, as well as a horde of Berserkers.

- Sword Mastery: Heimdall is a superior swordsman, capable of taking down multiple Frost Giants and Berserkers.

- Hofund: Heimdall mainly uses his sword for opening the Bifrost Bridge, but the sword is also powerful enough to pierce the skin of a Frost Giant and the hull of a Dark Elven ship.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS
GREEN CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING UP THE TIER LIST
ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING DOWN THE TIER LIST
RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
Dormammu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet
Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)
Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Thanos w/ the Power Stone
Hela
Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Fenris
Thor
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Vision
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Ebony Maw
Scarlet Witch
Hulkbuster Iron Man
Abomination
Cull Obsidian
Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Ancient One
The Destroyer Armor
Giant Man
Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Valkyrie
Iron Man
Aldrich Killian
Drax the Destroyer
Ronan
Loki
Iron Monger
Whiplash
Quake
Malekith
Sif
Hogun
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong
Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America
Starlord
Gamora
Spiderman
Winter Soldier
Vulture
Red Skull
Crossbones
Falcon
Quicksilver
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket
Proxima Midnight
Erik Killmonger
Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Black Widow
Okoye
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye
Elektra
Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Nick Fury
Phil Coulson
Zemo
Jig Saw
M'Baku
Okoye
Shuri

Last edited:
A close Match, but I think that Rhodey's fire power can take out an Asgardian that is not Thor or Odin, and I think that War Machine has the advantage of distance attacks, where he stays out of Heimdall's reach.

At least thats how I see it.

Surfer

I got Heimdall. I think it goes pretty much as the original Thor/Ironman fight went in the first Avengers movie but Heimdall not holding back. War Machine doesn't have as wide of variety of attacks as IronMan does. He's straight up bullets and missiles. Heimdall has shown to be one of the strongest Asgardians as well as one of the most skilled. Heimdall got this!

Last edited:
Very much depends on terrain. WM has a huge movement advantage and ranged attacks. Would that be enough to take down Heimdall ? An all out assault with bullets missiles and repulsors could probably injure Heimdall, but once/if they got into close quarters the bifrost sword would make short work of WM's armour.

Given that external factors are such a big consideration, I think its too close to call. In an open space, probably WM, just. Indoors or in close quarters easily Heimdall.

Heimdall's far too durable to be taken out by War Machine's arsenal.

Close one, but got to give this to Heimdall. Bulletts did nothing to Loki in Avengers, and as far as I know Asgardians are more durable than Frost Giants. Heimdall is also stronger than your average Asgardian and his sword is some weapon. If Haimdall gets close, he chops WM in half.

Who voted for Rhodey? :loco:

Rhodes would run out of ammo long before he landed a successful hit on Heimdall. Heimdall for the win - obviously!

Got to go with Heimdall.

Can't really think of anything Rhodes has that could deal a fatal blow to Heimdall where as I feel Heimdall just has to get hold of Rhodes once.

Rhodey's best shot would be whatever this was (sorry best gif I could find lol)

But it seems too slow to cause Heimdall any concern.

Very much depends on terrain. WM has a huge movement advantage and ranged attacks. Would that be enough to take down Heimdall ? An all out assault with bullets missiles and repulsors could probably injure Heimdall, but once/if they got into close quarters the bifrost sword would make short work of WM's armour.

Given that external factors are such a big consideration, I think its too close to call. In an open space, probably WM, just. Indoors or in close quarters easily Heimdall.

Remember Heimdall has a long ranged attack, the Bifrost beam.

Who voted for Rhodey? :loco:

Rhodes would run out of ammo long before he landed a successful hit on Heimdall. Heimdall for the win - obviously!

I voted for Rhodey. War Machine is not just Gun Fire, he has explosive weapons that can cause Massive amounts of Damage. Again I feel like War Machine can fly out of reach. If he found the explosive weapons were not enough to hurt Heimdall (which I feel they are) then he could just lead him into a situation where he could bury him underneath a mountain rubble. As for the Bi-Frost Beam, I always viewed that as rapid transportation and not a weapon.

Anyways thats how I see it, but that doesn't necessarilly mean I am right as most people seem to so far be agreeing with your perspective.

Surfer

I voted for Rhodey. War Machine is not just Gun Fire, he has explosive weapons that can cause Massive amounts of Damage. Again I feel like War Machine can fly out of reach. If he found the explosive weapons were not enough to hurt Heimdall (which I feel they are) then he could just lead him into a situation where he could bury him underneath a mountain rubble. As for the Bi-Frost Beam, I always viewed that as rapid transportation and not a weapon.

Anyways thats how I see it, but that doesn't necessarilly mean I am right as most people seem to so far be agreeing with your perspective.

Surfer

The Bifrost could rapidly transport Rhodey to the sun or anywhere else he wanted to though.

I'm suprised this battle isn't a lot closer, I thought for sure it was going to be a tooth and nails type of fight.

The Bifrost could rapidly transport Rhodey to the sun or anywhere else he wanted to though.

I'm suprised this battle isn't a lot closer, I thought for sure it was going to be a tooth and nails type of fight.

Agree. Heimdell just transfers wm away to somewhere he can't survive.

Take that away, wm flies up and bombards him. Then it's whether he can survie the bombardment.

Agree. Heimdell just transfers wm away to somewhere he can't survive.

Take that away, wm flies up and bombards him. Then it's whether he can survie the bombardment.
That's what I was thinking. Just teleport him a zillion miles away. Done, son.

Not even really a "fight." Nothing against War Machine. I like him. I just don't see what bullets do against dark magic.

Heimdall could also throw Hofun at War Machine and slice him or drop him while he's in mid-air.

This is one of those battles that realistically would be a stalemate. Heimdall has the strength/durability advantage and could probably one shot Rhodey in close range. War Machine has the speed/flight advantage and he knows enough about Asgardians to keep his distance.

If they have to keep fighting until someone wins though then it's going to be Heimdall. As soon as War Machine gets in close and takes a hit it's over.

I vote War Machine.

Heimdall can be injured by regular asgardian swords as seen in Ragnarok when he faced the zombie asgardians on the bridge. One of the zombies cut through his leg with a sword, made him kneel and when he was about to be killed by another zombie, Korg showed up and saved him. Heimdall seems to have a durability on the level of Hogun. Regular asgardians are somewhat durable but have nowhere near the durability of Thor.

War Machine as seen in IW has enough fire power to wipe out a huge area laying waste to everything in it. Then he can still continue to unload all of his firepower nonstop for a long while. He took out a massive amount of aliens in Wakanda. Also he has a massive advantage in his flight capability, speed, long distance attacks... War Machine can attack from a distance and maneuver with ease and speed if needed. There is no need whatsoever to come close to Heimdall.

Heimdall has nothing for War Machine while he is in the air. The "Bifrost" beam is not a ranged attack. Not in my view at least. As said previously it's a mean of transportation and i don't even take it into consideration in battles like these because if one can use the excuse that Heimdall can transport anyone to a deadly environment then he has to be rated as one of the most powerful characters in the MCU... I just don't think it makes sense at all. It's like saying that he is more powerful than Hela, Fenris, Hulk, Doctor Strange, Thanos... because he can transport them wherever he wants. It doesn't work like that.

Heimdall could also throw Hofun at War Machine and slice him or drop him while he's in mid-air.
Have we seen Heimdall doing such a thing in the MCU? Throwing his giant sword up in the air for long distances? No.

We can see in how Heimdall maneuvers his giant sword that it is not easy feet. He isn't the fastest with that thing and against skilled adversaries for example he would have a problem. War Machine doesn't need to get close to take him out. If a sword is able to cut through Heimdall and make him kneel then all of War Machine's firepower should be more than enough to deal with him.

If we really consider Heimdall using the Bifrost in that capability then he supposedly could do that to basically everyone making him one of the most powerful beings in the MCU.

Last edited:
Have we seen Heimdall doing such a thing in the MCU? Throwing his giant sword up in the air for long distances? No.

We can see in how Heimdall maneuvers his giant sword that it is not easy feet. He isn't the fastest with that thing and against skilled adversaries for example he would have a problem. War Machine doesn't need to get close to take him out. If a sword is able to cut through Heimdall and make him kneel then all of War Machine's firepower should be more than enough to deal with him.

Heimdall wielded Hofun pretty easily imo and also he was cut by an Asgardian sword that has no bearing on what earthly aummo could do to him. It was shown in Agents of Shield that an earthly knife bends against the skin of a regular Asgardian, while Asgardian knives can even pierce Thor.

Also that "cut" didn't even break Heimdall's skin, there was not a single drop of blood or scar left.

If we really consider Heimdall using the Bifrost in that capability then he supposedly could do that to basically everyone making him one of the most powerful beings in the MCU.

He already did it though, to the Hulk.

Last edited:
I went with Rhodey mostly because we haven't seen much from Heimdall in the MCU. Generally speaking, Heimdall should be super powerful and easily destroy War Machine but in the films he's shown none of that.

Heimdall wielded Hofun pretty easily imo and also he was cut by an Asgardian sword that has no bearing on what earthly aummo could do to him. It was shown in Agents of Shield that an earthly knife bends against the skin of a regular Asgardian, while Asgardian knives can even pierce Thor.

Also that "cut" didn't even break Heimdall's skin, there was not a single drop of blood or scar left.

He already did it though, to the Hulk.
Agents of Shield is not part of the MCU.
It's a PG13 movie so the lack of much blood and lacerations isn't a big surprise. We don't need everything being spelled out for us to understand what was going to happen to Heimdall in that moment if Korg didn't showed up.

We are not seriously discussing that a normal asgardian sword can deliver more damage than the total arsenal from War Machine. I mean come on seriously. It's not only thousands of bullets but high powered ammunition, explosive rounds... Once again Heimdall is not Thor. Their durability is miles apart.

He used a last resource thing using the dark magic to open the Bifrost and transport Hulk. Again for me the Bifrost is a means of transportation not really a weapon. Heimdall more powerful than the Hulk? Come on man.

It's a PG13 movie so the lack of much blood and lacerations isn't a big surprise. We don't need everything being spelled out for us to understand what was going to happen to Heimdall in that moment if Korg didn't showed up.

We are not seriously discussing that a normal asgardian sword can deliver more damage than the total arsenal from War Machine. I mean come on seriously. It's not only thousands of bullets but high powered ammunition, explosive rounds... Once again Heimdall is not Thor. Their durability is miles apart.

He used a last resource thing using the dark magic to open the Bifrost and transport Hulk. Again for me the Bifrost is a means of transportation not really a weapon. Heimdall more powerful than the Hulk? Come on man.

Okay

I got Heimdall. I think it goes pretty much as the original Thor/Ironman fight went in the first Avengers movie but Heimdall not holding back. War Machine doesn't have as wide of variety of attacks as IronMan does. He's straight up bullets and missiles. Heimdall has shown to be one of the strongest Asgardians as well as one of the most skilled. Heimdall got this!
War Machine's Anti-Personnel weapons will be useless but he still has repulsors, unibeam, & rockets besides heimdall has shown nothing to make us think he is considerably above the combat level of the warriors 3 so I say Rhodes takes it 9/10

Where'd you get that idea? Agents of Shield is definitely part of the MCU.

We are not seriously discussing that a normal asgardian sword can deliver more damage than the total arsenal from War Machine. I mean come on seriously. It's not only thousands of bullets but high powered ammunition, explosive rounds... Once again Heimdall is not Thor. Their durability is miles apart..

I think it's a fair argument that Asgardian weapons do a hell of a lot more damage than most earthly ones. Hell, we've seen Asgardian swords take out spaceships on multiple occasions.
Even Thor was vulnerable to Loki's daggers/Hela's swords whereas he came out of fights with Iron Man and Hulk without a scratch and has tanked far bigger explosions than War Machine can dish out. Even Hela was stabbed through the gut by a random Asgardian soldier.

Sure, Heimdall isn't Thor but he's clearly one of the most powerful Asgardians. Being frozen by the Casket of Ancient Winters couldn't even knock him out/restrain him for long and he was able to fight as soon as he broke out whereas it was instant death for random Asgardian soldiers. I think we can scale from Valkyrie/Loki/Sif/Warriors Three etc to confirm he's bulletproof, can shrug off Iron Man repulsors without a scratch and take a beating from Hulk (Loki), can survive powerful explosions, hits from Hela and incredible falls (Valkyrie) and that he has a serious healing factor/skin that mortal blades can't even scratch (Agents of Shield).

Last edited:
Thör-El;36816401 said:
Where'd you get that idea? Agents of Shield is definitely part of the MCU.
MCU = Marvel Cinematic Universe
AoS is a by-product of the MCU. I don't consider it part of the MCU.

Thör-El;36816401 said:
I think it's a fair argument that Asgardian weapons do a hell of a lot more damage than most earthly ones. Hell, we've seen Asgardian swords take out spaceships on multiple occasions.
Even Thor was vulnerable to Loki's daggers/Hela's swords whereas he came out of fights with Iron Man and Hulk without a scratch and has tanked far bigger explosions than War Machine can dish out. Even Hela was stabbed through the gut by a random Asgardian soldier.

Sure, Heimdall isn't Thor but he's clearly one of the most powerful Asgardians. Being frozen by the Casket of Ancient Winters couldn't even knock him out/restrain him for long and he was able to fight as soon as he broke out whereas it was instant death for random Asgardian soldiers. I think we can scale from Valkyrie/Loki/Sif/Warriors Three etc to confirm he's bulletproof, can shrug off Iron Man repulsors without a scratch and take a beating from Hulk (Loki), can survive powerful explosions, hits from Hela and incredible falls (Valkyrie) and that he has a serious healing factor/skin that mortal blades can't even scratch (Agents of Shield).
An asgardian sword might do more damage than earthly weapons but one sword can't do more damage than the hole arsenal at the disposal of War Machine. One normal asgardian sword was able to pierce through Heimdall and put him in a vulnerable position. Another comparison was how Heimdall took on 3/4 asgardian zombies and was about to be killed, when Skurge with a pair of M16's was able to dispatch dozens of asgardian enemies...

Also we have seen Hofun(Heimdall sword) and Dragonfang(Valkyrire's sword) tear through alien spaceships. These are not random asgardian swords. Loki's daggers are also no regular daggers...

Thor's durability can't be compared with that of regular asgardians or even Heimdal, Valkyrie, The Warrior's Three... Thor is a god, the son of the all powerful Odin... Thor and Hela's durability is miles apart from those of the other asgardians. Hela was stabbed through the gut and just kept on fighting like it was nothing while Heimdall felt the superficial cut to the leg and was immediately in trouble.

We can't confirm that he is bulletproof because there is no evidence of that. We can't just take Thor, Hela and even Loki and objectively put Heimdall in the same ballpark durability wise. War Machine arsenal is not just regular bullets either he has an immense payload of all types of ammunition. Highly destructive ammunition...

War Machine's arsenal.

War Hammer: A non-lethal melee weapon. It looks like an energy emitting collapsible baton. It is able to emit concussive force on impact. It was stored in the right side of the armor's back but was destroyed in the Clash of the Avengers.

Machine Guns: Two small machine guns are stored in the anterior forearms. Two dual barrel machine guns are stored in the posterior forearms.

Missile Launchers: The armor was multiple Missile Launchers. Launchers each stored with three miniature guided missiles are located in the two shoulder harnesses and another retractable launcher with six other miniature missiles at the back of the right shoulder. A small portion of this formidable arsenal was capable of completely destroying a bus.

Back Machine Gun: Like the War Machine Mark II, the Mark III is equipped with a long, thin, rifled gun mounted on the shoulder. Improving over the Mark II's double-barreled gun, the Mark III's gun has four barrels. Unlike with Mark II, the Mark III has no V-track for the Machine gun to slide on with the left shoulder for the machine gun and the right for the War Hammer and missile launchers.

Stark Sonic Cannon: The armor was equipped with the Stark Sonic Cannon on the back of the right hand, which can release high-frequency pulses.

Repulsors: The War Machine Armor MK III has repulsors in the palms.

Unibeam: A more powerful version of the hand repulsors mounted on the chest.

(The bombing runs used in IW...)

War Machine can unload most all of this and more from the distance on Heimdal without the asgardian being able to do anything about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"