MCU Fight: Winter Soldier Vs. Red Skull

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Winter Soldier and Red Skull belong to in your posts.
Also, don't forget I've now added the option of being able to change your vote if you change your mind. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up

WINTER SOLDIER

i11786499351.jpg

Vs.

RED SKULL

BabyishSmartFoxhound-size_restricted.gif

WINTER SOLDIER

- Enhanced Strength: As the Winter Soldier, Barnes's physical strength is immensely enhanced to the early levels of superhuman condition by a series of treatments performed on him by HYDRAscientists. He has used his legs and right arm to strike enemies with tremendous force and his physical might is easily on par with Captain America.

- Bionic Arm: HYDRA also removed the remnants of his severed left arm and replaced the missing limb with a cybernetic one. The bionic arm gives him extraordinary superhuman strength superior equal to that of Captain America, though not quite on par with that of Spider-Man. Winter Soldier was able to rip open a S.H.I.E.L.D armored SUV, rip apart Falcon's EXO-7 suit, and smash concrete by punching it. With his bionic arm supporting his already enhanced natural strength, the Winter Soldier was shown to be able to overpower Captain America in a fight. Furthermore, the bionic arm also allows Winter Soldier to slightly damage Iron Man's Mark XLVII Armor chest during his fight.

-
Enhanced Durability: Winter Soldier's bones and muscles are apparently vastly denser and more resilient than a normal human's. He even managed to survive a fatal fall from immense heights into Daube River in the Swiss Alps. Arnim Zola's further experiments greatly fortified his physique to the extent that he routinely leaps from significant heights onto hard surfaces and lands without any apparent injury. Bucky was able to leap off a bridge to the top of a car below, crushing the roof and shattering the windows while he was unfazed by the landing. He was also able to withstand blows from various opponents that would have seriously injured or killed an average person.

-
Enhanced Speed: Winter Soldier's speed is tremendously enhanced beyond the peak of human potential, moving into the early levels of superhuman condition. Bucky's speed is equal to both Black Panther and Captain America, as he was able to stay ahead of them with a slight head start. In combat, he can easily keep up with the extremely agile Black Widow and Black Panther.

-
Enhanced Agility: Winter Soldier's vastly enhanced agility is superior to even Olympic gold medalists. He could quickly leap on top of midsize cars in a single bound and do complicated acrobatic flips to avoid gunfire into cover.

-
Enhanced Stamina: Winter Soldier's musculature produces far less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human, allowing him to exert himself at peak capacity for hours before tiring. Hence, he could endure the Clash of the Avengers and the later showdown at the HYDRA Research Base without showing signs of fatigue.

-
Enhanced Reflexes: Winter Soldier's reflexes are enhanced to extraordinary levels. His reflexes are responsive enough to catch Captain America's shield being thrown at him at a high velocity. He was also able to catch enemy grenades thrown at him, dodge fire from Falcon's Steyr SPPs, and leap on top of a moving car accelerating towards him with pinpoint accuracy.

-
Regenerative Healing Factor: Winter Soldier's body is able to heal with extraordinary speed and efficiency, that are beyond of a regular human being, though he is unable to regenerate missing limbs. This may be one of the factors of his survival from the Swiss Alps. Also, the injuries he had received during his battle with Iron Man healed in a matter of days without bruises or scars.

RED SKULL

- Enhanced Intelligence
: Schmidt's intelligence is enhanced to peak performance. He's shown himself to be a formidable researcher and scientist since he was able to distinguish truth from myths concerning ancient and powerful relics. Schmidt's investigations were able to find the Tesseract and the Runestone, and with his genius invented ways to harness their power to enhance his weapons of mass destruction. The only mythical object he wasn't able to find was the Darkhold. He was also smart enough to quickly deduce that the "Tesseract" inside the coffin was actually a decoy, though it was nonetheless in fairly close proximity. Since the Super Soldier Serum amplifies personality aspects as well, Schmidt's brain chemistry is also altered. Though he was megalomaniacal, wrathful, and pitiless before, the serum has also amplified those character traits.

- Enhanced Strength
: Schmidt's strength was enhanced to an early level of superhuman potential. He was able to move a giant stone casket lid by himself with little effort, after three normal men could barely make it budge. He was also able to lift a giant wardrobe over his head and threw it dozens of feet away, and this happened just a few days after he received the serum. His punches were shown to be capable of denting Captain America's original metal shield and also capable of holding his own and hurting Captain America, despite his similar super soldier enhanced body.

- Enhanced Durability
: While fighting Captain America, Schmidt was shown to be able to quickly recover from blows received from his opponent.

- Enhanced Speed: The Super Soldier Serum gave Schmidt enhanced speed, allowing him to land punches on the also enhanced Captain America before Captain America's enhanced reflexes could respond.

- Enhanced Agility
: Schmidt was shown to be an agile hand-to-hand combatant while engaged in a one on one battle with Captain America. Though Schmidt prefers to shoot at Captain America from a distance, Red Skull has been known to lunge great distances at a stunned Captain America when the opportunity arises.

-
Enhanced Stamina: Schmidt is more resilient to fatigue and exhaustion, allowing him to fight and exert himself for long periods without strain or weakness, even while fighting Captain America, who sent him flying through the air.

- Regenerative Healing Factor
: Schmidt's advanced metabolism increases his resilience, as well as increasing his recovery and healing speed.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
Dormammu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet

Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)
Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Thanos w/ the Power Stone
Hela

Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Fenris
Thor
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Vision
Hulk

Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Ebony Maw
Scarlet Witch

Hulkbuster Iron Man
The Destroyer
Abomination
Cull Obsidian

Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Ancient One
Giant Man
Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Ronan
Valkyrie

Iron Man
Hogun
Aldrich Killian
Loki
Drax
Heimdall
War Machine

Iron Monger
Whiplash
Quake
Malekith
Sif
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong
Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America
Gamora

Star-Lord
Vulture
Falcon
Spiderman
Winter Soldier
Red Skull
Crossbones
Quicksilver
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket
Proxima Midnight
Erik Killmonger
Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Black Widow

Okoye
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye

Elektra
Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Nick Fury
Phil Coulson
Zemo
Jig Saw
M'Baku
Shuri

Last edited:
Winter Soldier.

When brainwashed, Bucky proves to be an extremely formidable and unforgiving killing machine.

I got Red Skull. He was handling Cap pretty easily when they went hand to hand. I think if Red Skull was to take away Bucky's arm, which he could, then Bucky goes down fast.

Bucky all day.

His use of guns, knives, explosives and his metal arm means I think he gets a kill shot off before Schmidt.

I think the bionic arm gives Bucky the advantage here, that's not to mention other weapons. But hand to hand, Cap had the shield to counter balance the bionic arm, Red Skull has nothing.

I also think modern day Cap beats Red Skull hand to hand.

Superior training/fighting skills, & the bionic arm, it's Winter Soldier 9/10 if not 10/10

Is it Winter Soldier or is it Bucky? I think it's more even matched if it's Bucky because Bucky might hesitate. When he's in WS mode, he's like the Terminator who only sees the mission.

I want to see WS vs Killmonger, after he's got the Black Panther power.

Is it Winter Soldier or is it Bucky? I think it's more even matched if it's Bucky because Bucky might hesitate. When he's in WS mode, he's like the Terminator who only sees the mission.

I want to see WS vs Killmonger, after he's got the Black Panther power.

I agree with all the above, particularly the difference between Bucky and WS
Killmonger vs Winter Solider is interesting, would K have the Black Panther suit ?
We've seen T'challa with the BP power hold his own pretty handily against WS without a suit, and we've seen T'Challa in the suit get the edge on Bucky. By that reckoning I'd say that Killmonger could beat Bucky ( he beat T'Challa in an even match) but might go down to WS, who would not hesitate to kill him.

Also, any match up with WS needs to specify whether it's just hand to hand, or are weapons involved - if so big edge to WS.

Ultimately though I don't see either Bucky or WS losing to the Red Skull, although WS would probably go for a quick kill so it wouldn't be a long fight. Cheers.

Would love to see Killmonger pop up in these 1-on-1 matches.

Would love to see Killmonger pop up in these 1-on-1 matches.

I mean yeah I guess so, I was going to pit him against Winter Soldier at first i just felt like showing an oldie some love.

I give a slight edge to Winter Soldier. Red Skull and Cap were pretty evenly matched, but Cap's gotten a lot better since then and Winter Soldier gave him a lot of trouble.

I agree with all the above, particularly the difference between Bucky and WS
Killmonger vs Winter Solider is interesting, would K have the Black Panther suit ?
We've seen T'challa with the BP power hold his own pretty handily against WS without a suit, and we've seen T'Challa in the suit get the edge on Bucky. By that reckoning I'd say that Killmonger could beat Bucky ( he beat T'Challa in an even match) but might go down to WS, who would not hesitate to kill him.

Also, any match up with WS needs to specify whether it's just hand to hand, or are weapons involved - if so big edge to WS.

Ultimately though I don't see either Bucky or WS losing to the Red Skull, although WS would probably go for a quick kill so it wouldn't be a long fight. Cheers.

Killmonger with the BP and suit would win easily against Bucky.

Just thinking if we are taking most up to date versions isn't Bucky's arm Vibranium now? I know it was never specifically said to be lol I just made the assumption with him getting it from T'Challa.

If so even for of a stomp for Bucky.

Scaling off of Cap, this definitely looks like a win for Winter Soldier.

Red Skull is roughly equivalent to the WW2 version of Cap. Back then Cap didn't know martial arts and his best strength/durability feats weren't in the same league as what we've seen him do since.

Winter Soldier is far more skilled, has comparable strength/speed and if you give him his weapons it becomes a curbstomp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"