MCU Fight: Yon-Rogg Vs. Red Skull

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Yon-Rogg and Red Skull belong to in your posts. Also, don't forget I've now added the option of being able to change your vote if you change your mind. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up

YON-ROGG

ba0dfa263e888499b57670f24eecd95b67407d63r1-540-220_hq.gif

Vs

RED SKULL

BabyishSmartFoxhound-size_restricted.gif

YON-ROGG

- Superhuman Strength
: Like all Kree, Yon-Rogg is superhumanly strong and possesses greater physical strength than the average Kree as an elite warrior. Yog-Rogg was able to overcome Captain Marvel during his training and, in the battle at Mar-Vell's Laboratory, he hit her with enough force to send her away.

-
Superhuman Durability: Yon-Rogg's body is much more resistant to physical damage than the body of a normal human being, allowing him to resist great forces of impacts, as well as the photon blasts of Captain Marvel. Yon-Rogg also survived several metal beams that fell on him and the forced landing of his ship.

- Superhuman Agility
: Yon-Rogg naturally has greater agility, dexterity, balance and body coordination than a normal human being. Yon-Rogg was even able to match and even outmaneuver Vers when she had not unlocked her full powers with agile combat moves.

-
Regenerative Healing Factor: As with all Kree, Yon-Rogg possesses a healing factor which allows him to recover from injuries in a much shorter timespan than humans.

-
Gravity Manipulation: Once he activates the Magnitron Gauntlets incorporated into his suit, Yon-Rogg is able to utilize his surroundings for offensive or defensive capabilities. During the mission to Torfa, Yon-Rogg used the gauntlets to send large groups of Skrulls flying through the air. Later, he used the gauntlets to catch Carol Danvers and knock her out. Yon-Rogg was also able to send several metallic objects against Danvers, even managing to leave her trapped against the wall when putting together the metals, although Danvers could finally free herself by using her photon blasts.

-
Expert Combatant: As the leader of the Starforce, Yon-Rogg is highly competent in both armed and unarmed combat. Yon-Rogg was able to overcome Vers, during his workouts, quite easily. Yon-Rogg also defeated several Skrulls during the mission to Torfa and was able to stay in combat against Captain Marvel, for a short time, in the battle that took place at the Mar-Vell's Laboratory.

- Starforce Uniform: Yon-Rogg possesses a uniform of Kree origin to use on his Starforce missions. The uniform had a built-in universal translator that allows its wearer to understand the language of anyone they interact with and be able to speak their language back to them. The uniform also contains a device capable of analyzing and identifying any object placed within it on the uniform's sleeve. The uniform's color scheme can also be customized to suit the user's preference's via a device located on the uniform's sleeve, though Yon-Rogg himself never had any reason to do this.

- Helmet: It also includes a collapsible helmet that can fit around the wearer's head. The helmet can generate its own atmosphere and allows the wearer to breathe in the vacuum of space, as well as underwater, where it will give off a blue glow to provide light.

- Magnitron Gauntlets: Yon-Rogg uses two special Kree gauntlets to fight his opponents. Gauntlets are able to control gravity.

-
Kree Pistol: Yon-Rogg used a Kree gun to kill Mar-Vell and later to fight the Skrulls.

RED SKULL

- Enhanced Intelligence: Schmidt's intelligence is enhanced to peak performance. He's shown himself to be a formidable researcher and scientist since he was able to distinguish truth from myths concerning ancient and powerful relics. Schmidt's investigations were able to find the Tesseract and the Runestone, and with his genius invented ways to harness their power to enhance his weapons of mass destruction. The only mythical object he wasn't able to find was the Darkhold. He was also smart enough to quickly deduce that the "Tesseract" inside the coffin was actually a decoy, though it was nonetheless in fairly close proximity. Since the Super Soldier Serum amplifies personality aspects as well, Schmidt's brain chemistry is also altered. Though he was megalomaniacal, wrathful, and pitiless before, the serum has also amplified those character traits.

- Enhanced Strength
: Schmidt's strength was enhanced to an early level of superhuman potential. He was able to move a giant stone casket lid by himself with little effort, after three normal men could barely make it budge. He was also able to lift a giant wardrobe over his head and threw it dozens of feet away, and this happened just a few days after he received the serum. His punches were shown to be capable of denting Captain America's original metal shield and also capable of holding his own and hurting Captain America, despite his similar super soldier enhanced body.

- Enhanced Durability
: While fighting Captain America, Schmidt was shown to be able to quickly recover from blows received from his opponent.

- Enhanced Speed: The Super Soldier Serum gave Schmidt enhanced speed, allowing him to land punches on the also enhanced Captain America before Captain America's enhanced reflexes could respond.

- Enhanced Agility
: Schmidt was shown to be an agile hand-to-hand combatant while engaged in a one on one battle with Captain America. Though Schmidt prefers to shoot at Captain America from a distance, Red Skull has been known to lunge great distances at a stunned Captain America when the opportunity arises.

-
Enhanced Stamina: Schmidt is more resilient to fatigue and exhaustion, allowing him to fight and exert himself for long periods without strain or weakness, even while fighting Captain America, who sent him flying through the air.

- Regenerative Healing Factor
: Schmidt's advanced metabolism increases his resilience, as well as increasing his recovery and healing speed.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)
Dormmamu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet
Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Thor
Hela
Captain Marvel
Thanos (Base)
Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Surtur's Fire Dragon
Fenris
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Doctor Strange
Vision
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Hulk
Ghost Rider
Ebony Maw
Scarlet Witch
Destroyer
Hulkbuster Ironman
Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Abomination
Cull Obsidian
Iron Man
Abilisk
Jotunheim Beast
Kronan
Ancient One
Giant Man
Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Ronan
Valkyrie
Hogun
Aldrich Killian
Loki
Drax
Heimdall
War Machine
Corvus Glaive
Iron Monger
Whiplash
Quake
Malekith
Sif
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong
Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America
Spider-Man
Gamora
Star-Lord
Vulture
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Luke Cage
Red Skull
Crossbones
Quicksilver
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket
Proxima Midnight
Erik Killmonger
Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Elektra
Black Widow
Okoye
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Phil Coulson
Zemo
Jig Saw
M'Baku
Shuri

Yon Rogg takes this for two reasons.

1) He's far more skilled than Red Skull
2) I'm pretty sure MCU Kree are top tier when it comes to physicals i.e. above Cap and Panther, never mind Red Skull.
  • Yon Rogg has the physicals to beat Carol when she's wearing the power limiter. To put that in context, Carol with the power limiter was durable enough to shrug off a several thousand foot fall to earth. He also took a few hits from her once she was at full power.
  • Ronan (probably the strongest Kree) curbstomped Drax.
  • Korath (formerly on Yon Rogg's team and likely pretty close to his level physically) put up a fight against Drax and even had the advantage at first. He also shrugged off Star Lord's blasts.
  • Agents of Shield Kree have held their own against Lady Sif and Inhumans like Hive and Daisy Johnson.

Last edited:
Yon-Rogg: and both of them go in the Superhuman Tier.

2) I'm pretty sure MCU Kree are top tier when it comes to physicals i.e. above Cap and Panther, never mind Red Skull.
  • Yon Rogg has the physicals to beat Carol when she's wearing the power limiter. To put that in context, Carol with the power limiter was durable enough to shrug off a several thousand foot fall to earth. He also took a few hits from her once she was at full power.
  • Ronan (probably the strongest Kree) curbstomped Drax
  • Korath (formerly on Yon Rogg's team and likely pretty close to his level physically) put up a fight against Drax and even had the advantage at first.
  • Agents of Shield Kree have held their own against Lady Sif and Inhumans like Hive and Daisy Johnson.

I was going to Vote Red Skull as he is essentially supposed to be Captain America with the experiment having gone wrong, so while definitely not the same as Captain America, it's pretty impressive to have even near his physical Abilities and his Genius is even more notably impressive. However, after voting for Red Skull and then reading your list of why Yonn Rogg is more likely to win this battle, I had to change my Answer because the facts you presented were too undeniable. So, yeah Yonn Rogg would take this one.

• Korath (formerly on Yon Rogg's team and likely pretty close to his level physically) put up a fight against Drax and even had the advantage at first. He also shrugged off Star Lord's blasts.
Thanks for convincing us all to vote against Red Skull! Freaking landslide man! :argh:

Yon Rogg. He's got a clear skill and strength advantage based on his feats during CM and the feats of other Kree. Both have a tendency to talk while fighting but Yon less so. The Skull is also crazier, but not in a way that would help in a fight.

The only disadvantage I can see is that Yon has some sense of honour - a bit warped as he'll not hesitate to shoot unarmed people - But he's got some degree of a warrior's code.

Well damn

Forgot to put my reasoning down.

Agree with what a lot of most have said on here I don't think super solider serum would be quiet enough to outmatch Yonn's own alien strength and his Kree tech.

I was going to vote Yon-Rogg anyway, but was a little unsure, this convinced me completely.

Over the next few years we are going to be able to add lots of new characters to these polls.

Yon-Rogg. Not so much on skill, though I think he wins there also, but more so tech.

Red Skull is certainly a more threatening mastermind, but. . . in a fight? Yeah, Yon-Rogg takes it. He almost certainly has a physical edge, and he also has broadly better weaponry. Sure, he might get disintegrated if he's hit by a Hydra blaster, but "has to dodge milspec small-arms" is the status quo for him, anyway.

I'm going to say Red Skull for one reason: personality. Based on what I know of Yon Rogg from the comics and how that was presented in the MCU, he's not the kind of villain who falls into the "pure evil" category. He's a jingoist soldier, but not necessarily someone who would use lethal force on anyone for just about any reason.

Schmidt, on the other hand, wouldn't have any reservations about ending Rogg, or any other alien's life. I can easily envision a scenario where he deceives Rogg into thinking that Rogg has won the fight, then as soon as Rogg turns away to leave or have Skull taken into custody, Skull shoots Rogg in the back of the head.

I'm going to say Red Skull for one reason: personality. Based on what I know of Yon Rogg from the comics and how that was presented in the MCU, he's not the kind of villain who falls into the "pure evil" category. He's a jingoist soldier, but not necessarily someone who would use lethal force on anyone for just about any reason.

Schmidt, on the other hand, wouldn't have any reservations about ending Rogg, or any other alien's life. I can easily envision a scenario where he deceives Rogg into thinking that Rogg has won the fight, then as soon as Rogg turns away to leave or have Skull taken into custody, Skull shoots Rogg in the back of the head.

I disagree but I could totally see Skull shooting Rogg in the back.

Yon Rogg killed Mar-vell and many Skills without hesitation in CM, don't see him failing to kill an opponent in a fight personally.

After voting for Red Skull and then reading your list of why Yonn Rogg is more likely to win this battle, I had to change my Answer because the facts you presented were too undeniable

Thanks for convincing us all to vote against Red Skull! Freaking landslide man! :argh:

I was going to vote Yon-Rogg anyway, but was a little unsure, this convinced me completely.

Cheers guys!

I'm going to say Red Skull for one reason: personality.......I can easily envision a scenario where he deceives Rogg into thinking that Rogg has won the fight, then as soon as Rogg turns away to leave or have Skull taken into custody, Skull shoots Rogg in the back of the head.

I really doubt it, even through and through heroes like Cap aren't trusting enough to let an armed psychopath live and then turn their backs on said psychopath. You really think a ruthless killer who spent his career hunting alien shape shifters is going to be that trusting?

New battle is up, Iron Man Vs. Cull Obsidian!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"