MCU Last Man Standing Tournament: Street Tier Black Widow vs. Elektra

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I like BigThor's matchup's every week so thought I would give something a little different a try myself. A straight single elimination tournament between one tier of characters to decide who is the best character at each level.

I have used the MCU power tier's as my point of reference however I will be only using 16 of the characters from street tier for the sake of the bracket.

2dbprf.jpg

(I apologize for my feeble attempt at a bracket lol couldn't find anywhere to get one from.)

Open to taking suggestions on how long to run each match-up for was thinking either a week or a day?

Are we sure all of these are street level?

Elektra seemed to have enhanced strength/speed/durability when the hand resurrected her, Diamondback with his power suit is strong/durable enough to take on Luke Cage and Shocker is powerful enough to nearly one shot Spider-Man and Hawkeye, Rocket, Coulson and Shuri all regularly use gadgets that let them take on enemies way above street level.

Thör-El;36774075 said:
Are we sure all of these are street level?

Elektra seemed to have enhanced strength/speed/durability when the hand resurrected her, Diamondback with his power suit is strong/durable enough to take on Luke Cage and Shocker is powerful enough to nearly one shot Spider-Man and Hawkeye, Rocket, Coulson and Shuri all regularly use gadgets that let them take on enemies way above street level.

Yeah I probably should have specified using pre-black sky Elektra.

I just went for the MCU power rankings thread on here for power levels so thought they would all roughly be pretty close.

If it's not too late you could add in Grant Ward, Melinda May, Bobbi Morse and Daisy Johnson (no powers) from Agents of Shield, Stick from Daredevil, M'Baku from Black Panther and maybe depowered Thor/depowered Black Panther.

If they have their standard gear I don't think Diamondback, Shocker and Rocket belong in this tier.

If this is meant to be hand to hand I'd take out Fury, Maria Hill and Shuri as well because they're all featless. If it's not pure hand to hand though then I think Hawkeye/Punisher are going to have a big advantage over everyone else.

Last edited:
Comic versions, Elektra easily.

MCU probably still Elektra, although it depends how heavily armed Widow is.

To be honest these two shouldn't really meet in Round 1.

When you seed competitions you put the top seeds far apart. IMO Elektra, Daredevil, Widow and Okoye are the top contenders and should meet in the top 4.

Having said that I like the tournament bracket format you've used.

To be honest these two shouldn't really meet in Round 1.

When you seed competitions you put the top seeds far apart. IMO Elektra, Daredevil, Widow and Okoye are the top contenders and should meet in the top 4.

If it's hand to hand only they're the favourites. If they're allowed to bring ranged weapons then Punisher and Hawkeye are in a different league to the rest.

Thör-El;36781721 said:
If it's hand to hand only they're the favourites. If they're allowed to bring ranged weapons then Punisher and Hawkeye are in a different league to the rest.

Don't you think that's a bit unsportsmanlike ? Kind of like a sniper against a boxer. Even at close quarters Hawkeye beats most of the other contestants in this tournament - Hawkeye would take down Coulson, Maria Hill, Shuri, Kingpin and Punisher in HTH.

I suppose it would have to be empty hands (no weapons ) only, because if you give Elektra a sword she's pretty much going to kill almost everyone else. Similarly if Okoye has Wakandan tech, she's going to have a massive advantage. Heck, If we're giving advantages/handicaps, then if Daredevil fights anyone in this tournament in the dark he wins.

M'Baku would be a worthy addition - love to see him fight someone like Kingpin, with similar strength.

Don't get me wrong, I love the tournament bracket set up, I just disagree with some of the first round match-ups.

Elektra would win. Though it’d be a long and incredible fight.

Don't you think that's a bit unsportsmanlike ? Kind of like a sniper against a boxer. Even at close quarters Hawkeye beats most of the other contestants in this tournament - Hawkeye would take down Coulson, Maria Hill, Shuri, Kingpin and Punisher in HTH.

I suppose it would have to be empty hands (no weapons ) only, because if you give Elektra a sword she's pretty much going to kill almost everyone else. Similarly if Okoye has Wakandan tech, she's going to have a massive advantage. Heck, If we're giving advantages/handicaps, then if Daredevil fights anyone in this tournament in the dark he wins.

Unless otherwise stated I presume we're talking about characters fighting the way they fight in the films/shows rather than stripped of their weapons/gear but on neutral terrain. jolldan never mentioned any conditions but a few of these characters are featless in hand to hand and he did mention he was inspired by the MCU Power Tiers fights and we haven't been using no weapons rules there (here's Hawkeye vs Rocket for example).

Anyway, if the question is which non-superhumans are best at hand to hand I'd say:
Tier 1: Black Widow, Daredevil, Nobu
Tier 2: Hawkeye, , Elektra (pre-resurrection), Danny Rand (no Iron Fist)
Tier 3: Punisher, Black Panther (depowered), Erik Kilmonger (depowered), Okoye, Melinda May
Tier 4: Grant Ward, Mockingbird, Daisy Johnson (no powers), Stick
Tier 5: Kingpin, Thor (depowered), M'Baku
Tier 6: Coleen Wing, Bakuto, Rumlow, Batroc
Tier 7: Phil Coulson, Misty Knight, Maria Hill, Sam Wilson, Nakia

Last edited:
Elektra Natchios wins. Flawless Victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"