Infinity War MCU Mjolnir or MCU Stormbreaker (Which was better?)

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
MCU Mjolnir or MCU Stormbreaker

Which was better as far as look, design, battle capability, power, and even personal preference?

Mjolnir is classic and I would have expected that to have been my answer ahead of seeing how amazing Stormbreaker was in the film. It's quite a serious improvement. :cool:

Stormbreaker is clearly stronger, but Mjolnir is Mjolnir.

Mjonir is still better because it's the signature weapon for Thor in the mythology, but Stormbreaker is clearly stronger by comparison.

storm breaker.

was never a fan of the hammer. was glad when it was smashed.

What would Thor be like if he had both? ;)

The axe is a welcome upgrade. Clearly a superior weapon.

While I love Stormbreaker's ability to

summon the Bifrost
and the axe blade makes for a potentially deadlier weapon and certainly far better at

cleaving the chests of mad titans
... my heart is still with Mjolnir.

It is Thor's iconic weapon and though the MCU version did not possess the full power set of its comic counterpart it was truly a thing of beauty. Marvel did a wonderful job in bringing Mjolnir to life - I especially loved all the runes and engravings - so much attention to detail. Frankly, I think Mjolnir looked better in the movies than it ever did in the comics.

Mjolnir definitely look better in the MCU than it looked in the comics, but imo the Mjolnir from thr first Thor was the best.

The hammer head got too big post Thor 1 and the handle was too long.

Mjolnir has my heart. What if we got something like this scene tho:

8bb22b48bb5a9aaa9526170993fe2b80b3e36a3b_hq.jpg

Stormbreaker was cool, but Mjolnir is the iconic weapon of Thor. Nothing will replace it!

if thor gets a new Mjolnir then a better golden or more steel shining one with powers of both and more.

Hope storm breaker will have more interesting electricity based powers and weather manipulation like wind.

Mjolnir for the nostalgia factor. And come on, Thor had a special relationship with that hammer. :funny:

Well as far as power/battle capability goes it's objectively no contest. Stormbreaker can essentially do everything Mjolnir can but can also stab and summon the bifrost which is a pretty big deal. Mjolnir had the "only worthy can wield" spell but that's hardly worth the trade off.

Stormbreaker can literally teleport you anywhere you want to go

Stormbreaker for me. It's a much more versatile weapon. Not only can it be used as an ax and very large dagger, but it can also be used to summon the Bifrost.

Well its sort of an unfair comparison. Stormbreaker being able to open the Bifrost/teleport Thor around is a power Mjolnir is supposed to have but it was obviously taken away to make what happens in Thor 1 work. And now that Thor went on a new weapon quest the writers had to make it more powerful otherwise it wouldn't have as big of a wow factor.

I'm hoping Mjolnir returns fully upgraded. Give us a GOD BLAST moment.

Can the Stormbreaker be wielded by anyone or does one have to be "worthy"?

Well... question: Can Stormbreaker come back to Thor's hand like Mjolnir... cause that seemed very handy. In the past, it felt like Thor flew by Mjolnir's magic, but now that doesn't seem to be the case...

Stormbreaker was cool, but Mjolnir is the iconic weapon of Thor. Nothing will replace it!

Ding ding ding.....winner winner frost giant dinner.

Norse mythology and all that irrelevant stuff.....

Nostalgia aside, Stormbreaker is on another level. It takes Thor to a whole new power scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"