MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that no one has picked up on what Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje said about talking to Marvel about another project after Thor: TDW. AAA has long been on the record as interested in starring in a Black Panther picture. He first approached Marvel about the possibility back in 2009.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/15/black-panther-adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje/

well, this might mean that Kurse doesn't die in T:TDW and he's talking to MS about a return of his role in another movie (Thor 3, GotG, Avengers 2). From his wording it doesn't sound at all like another role

He does say he's still campaigning for BP; and yes, he'd make a great T'Challa.

Okay so we know so far:

MCU Phase I:
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers

MCU Phase II:
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Untitled Avengers Sequel

MCU Phase III:
Ant-Man
Dr. Strange

That leaves us with 2 to 3 more films plus Avengers 3.
My guesses: Black Panther and Guardians 2

I have to admit i'm kinda mad BP still cant get any love from Feige and the boys.

Okay so we know so far:

MCU Phase I:
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers

MCU Phase II:
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Untitled Avengers Sequel

MCU Phase III:
Ant-Man
Dr. Strange

That leaves us with 2 to 3 more films plus Avengers 3.
My guesses: Black Panther and Guardians 2

I don't think GOTG will get a sequel that soon. I dunno, depends on whether it becomes a certified blockbuster.

I'd say that safe money is on a TIH sequel (FINALLY) in Phase III. Since the GDT TV show seems to have fallen through (or at least been frozen indefinitely by all these ice storms we've been having recently), then Hulk is definitely going to need some fresh material.

Phase 3:
2015: Ant-Man
2016: Hulk 2, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Cap 3
2018: Avengers 3

I feel like they're going to kill off Rogers-Cap for a while and go with Bucky-Cap after A3 because of Evans' contract expiring. When Rogers returns he'll be a new actor.

Evans still has years and years left. He won't leave.

^ He signed a contract for 6 films.

Cap 1
Avengers
Cap 2
Avengers 2
Cap 3
Avengers 3

And as far as I can tell he doesn't plan on staying past what he has signed and I don't blame him. He'd have put in at least 7 years which is more than enough of a commitment.

Avengers has made him. I can see him signing on for more.

I can't. I expect a majority of the main MCU actors will be recast after Avengers 3.

I don't know about the majority. Hemsworth, Evans, and maybe Johanson are free game but Ruffalo signed a 9 picture deal with the first Avengers I believe, and he'd only be on the 4th come Avengers 3 if that. Barton signed a 9 picture deal as well, and he basically only gets used for Avengers movies. Doesn't even look like he'll be in Cap 2 right now. And I'm certain RDJ will stay on for as long as he's realistically able to. He's basically a partner of the films right now and loves doing them on top of that.

I don't know about the majority. Hemsworth, Evans, and maybe Johanson are free game but Ruffalo signed a 9 picture deal with the first Avengers I believe, and he'd only be on the 4th come Avengers 3 if that. Barton signed a 9 picture deal as well, and he basically only gets used for Avengers movies. Doesn't even look like he'll be in Cap 2 right now. And I'm certain RDJ will stay on for as long as he's realistically able to. He's basically a partner of the films right now and loves doing them on top of that.

Ruffalo signed a 6 picture deal, which would have included TA.

I'm pretty sure Renner didn't sign a 9 picture deal either, I think it was more like 5.

Just because someone signs a 6 film deal it does not automatically mean they will b in 6 films. It is done so Marvel can keep their options open. Ruffalo may only appear in 3 Avengers and one Hulk film and if that happens and he no longer wants the part after A3, he would easily be able to fix that with Marvel.

Heres what I want for phase III- Ant-Man, Dr Strange, Planet Hulk, Thor 3, Cap 3 & A3. I'd also prefer if they held off on the Infinity Gauntlet story till A3 so deals could be worked out with Fox and Sony so FF, the surfer & Web-head could appear and it could be done right. Just please no Jackman Wolvie-he sucks.

And there is no way in hell RDJ, Evans or Hemsworth will stay after 6 films each. I just prey Marvel keep one continuity and never reboot.

Last edited:
So now we can put that silliness to rest about Avengers 2 not being the end of Phase 2?

Just because someone signs a 6 film deal it does not automatically mean they will b in 6 films. It is done so Marvel can keep their options open. Ruffalo may only appear in 3 Avengers and one Hulk film and if that happens and he no longer wants the part after A3, he would easily be able to fix that with Marvel.

Heres what I want for phase III- Ant-Man, Dr Strange, Planet Hulk, Thor 3, Cap 3 & A3. I'd also prefer if they held off on the Infinity Gauntlet story till A3 so deals could be worked out with Fox and Sony so FF, the surfer & Web-head could appear and it could be done right. Just please no Jackman Wolvie-he sucks.

And there is no way in hell RDJ, Evans or Hemsworth will stay after 6 films each. I just prey Marvel keep one continuity and never reboot.
I think RDJ might, but I don't count on Evans or Hemsworth to. Not that I mind Evans leaving since he's not even one of the best choices for Cap.

And yeah I'm really hoping that Marvel figures out a way to be able to use the characters that Fox owns. An entre section of the MU and half the cosmic side is cut off from the MCU because of them. The only reason the MCU isn't bigger than it is right now is because Fox has FF and mutants. Imagine an Avengers/FF team-up movie with Doom as the villain, a Guardians movie with Silver Surfer and Galactus in it, being able to see the actual beginning of this Heroic Age that Nick Fury was talking about in Iron Man and The Avengers. Not to mention of course Fox may have the rights to the Skrulls, Kree, and Shai'r.

So, started to wonder what this means for phase 3 overall. obviously there could be more than 5 or 6 films, but somethings bound to get cut.

Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Thor 3
Cap 3
Avengers 3

Thats already 5. And hardly leaves much room for those that some people want.

Black Panther
Captain/Ms. Marvel
GotG 2
Hulk 2
Iron Man 4

I think RDJ might, but I don't count on Evans or Hemsworth to. Not that I mind Evans leaving since he's not even one of the best choices for Cap.

And yeah I'm really hoping that Marvel figures out a way to be able to use the characters that Fox owns. An entre section of the MU and half the cosmic side is cut off from the MCU because of them. The only reason the MCU isn't bigger than it is right now is because Fox has FF and mutants. Imagine an Avengers/FF team-up movie with Doom as the villain, a Guardians movie with Silver Surfer and Galactus in it, being able to see the actual beginning of this Heroic Age that Nick Fury was talking about in Iron Man and The Avengers. Not to mention of course Fox may have the rights to the Skrulls, Kree, and Shai'r.

I think you're quite wrong about many things here.

Mainly, the MCU is as big as it can be because of budgeting and over-saturation. Why would they want to do more than 2 movies a year and burn people out on the idea of marvel heroes? They do 4 movies a year, less people go see each individually, they run out of unique characters and franchises much sooner and less money is made overall.

If Marvel/Disney had access to F4 and X-Men it wouldnt make the MCU bigger, it would detract from the roster they have currently. Less focus would be paid to Captain America and Thor. We might never see Ant-Man or the GotG. And forget about Dr. Strange and Black Panther.

Fox can have X-Men for all i care. That franchise is so far gone by now and it would hardly fit in with the tone of the MCU. If they want to make another honest attempt at a F4 movie, I say let them. I'd just prefer them not mix it in with the FUBAR X-Verse. Let Marvel focus on the things they've gotten right so far.

It's the same story with Spider-Man. Though I'm all for future F4 and Spidey cameos/easter eggs. But that's a personal opinion.

If Marvel/Disney had access to F4 and X-Men it wouldnt make the MCU bigger, it would detract from the roster they have currently. Less focus would be paid to Captain America and Thor. We might never see Ant-Man or the GotG. And forget about Dr. Strange and Black Panther.

I hear this argument quite a bit (especially from those who support Fox/Sony keeping their rights).

Where is the evidence that suggests Marvel Studios would continue producing only 2 films a year if Fox/Sony lost their rights? Doesn't it make sound sense that they would pick up the slack left by the other studios and begin producing 3 or 4 films per year? And doesn't this lead to the logical conclusion that they would then be able to produce films featuring X-Men, FF, Spider-man, as well as other new Marvel film properties as well?

The very fact that Marvel is throwing curve balls like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange at us in the coming years instead of just doing Iron Man, Cap, and Thor sequels year and year should be evidence enough against your argument....

So, started to wonder what this means for phase 3 overall. obviously there could be more than 5 or 6 films, but somethings bound to get cut.

Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Thor 3
Cap 3
Avengers 3

Thats already 5. And hardly leaves much room for those that some people want.

Black Panther
Captain/Ms. Marvel
GotG 2
Hulk 2
Iron Man 4
Hulk 2 or GotG have the best chance imo.

I think you're quite wrong about many things here.

Mainly, the MCU is as big as it can be because of budgeting and over-saturation. Why would they want to do more than 2 movies a year and burn people out on the idea of marvel heroes? They do 4 movies a year, less people go see each individually, they run out of unique characters and franchises much sooner and less money is made overall.

Fox can have X-Men for all i care. That franchise is so far gone by now and it would hardly fit in with the tone of the MCU. If they want to make another honest attempt at a F4 movie, I say let them. I'd just prefer them not mix it in with the FUBAR X-Verse. Let Marvel focus on the things they've gotten right so far.

It's the same story with Spider-Man. Though I'm all for future F4 and Spidey cameos/easter eggs. But that's a personal opinion.
Whether or not the characters get movies it would still expand what the MCU could do if they had the properities. First of all, I think even if they did have FF they would still have been able to do Cap and Thor movies. But even if they couldn't, it wouldn't hurt to have the rights to characters that Fox owns. It's not just about how many movies they can put out, it's about what they can use in those movies. Because of Fox we basically are missing the beginning of the MCU's Heroic Age, the cosmic side of the MCU is severely gimped in comparison to the comics, we're missing Latveria and Doom which are both important to the Avengers lore, and certain mutants/mutant elements ARE important to the overall MCU like the Phoenix Force, Scarlet Witch, the Shai'r, etc. I agree that in principle it's not a bad thing to have X-Men and Spider-Man movies be separate from what goes on in the MCU in terms of Avengers stuff especially so we can get more Marvel movie per-year, but a lot of the characters and races that Fox holds are important to the MU.

That said, I'm not saying it's detrimental to the MCU, it just sucks we can't have all these nice things.

I don't think GOTG will get a sequel that soon. I dunno, depends on whether it becomes a certified blockbuster.

I'd say that safe money is on a TIH sequel (FINALLY) in Phase III. Since the GDT TV show seems to have fallen through (or at least been frozen indefinitely by all these ice storms we've been having recently), then Hulk is definitely going to need some fresh material.

Actually that makes some sense, particularly for a Defenders type story angle.

Ant-Man
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
The Incredible Hulk 2
Avengers 3

That could totally work.

I hear this argument quite a bit (especially from those who support Fox/Sony keeping their rights).

Where is the evidence that suggests Marvel Studios would continue producing only 2 films a year if Fox/Sony lost their rights? Doesn't it make sound sense that they would pick up the slack left by the other studios and begin producing 3 or 4 films per year? And doesn't this lead to the logical conclusion that they would then be able to produce films featuring X-Men, FF, Spider-man, as well as other new Marvel film properties as well?

The very fact that Marvel is throwing curve balls like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange at us in the coming years instead of just doing Iron Man, Cap, and Thor sequels year and year should be evidence enough against your argument....

That's just wishful thinking. The reason Marvel limits themselves to two films per year has nothing to do with how many properties are available to them; hell, they've got so many potential franchises already under their banner that, right now, they could easily be churning out a half dozen or more films each year. They're not suddenly going to start ramping up production just because they acquire (back) even *more* properties.

Actually that makes some sense, particularly for a Defenders type story angle.

Ant-Man
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
The Incredible Hulk 2
Avengers 3

That could totally work.

Ant-Man 2015
Dr. Strange 2016
Black Panther 2016
The Incredible Hulk 2 2017
Captain/Ms. Marvel 2017
Avengers 3 2018