MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by pr0xyt0xin, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

If Cap and Thor sequels bomb, or underperform, no point in making third installments. So why would you wait an extra year? Iron Man isn't getting any younger. Then you can bypass it completely and save a year. I don't prefer it works out that way, but if it does, it does.

2. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

they have stories to tell. There will be a cap3 and thor 3

3. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

I don't see it. Depending on the budgets and the release dates, I think they need to pull in a good 400 million WW to solidify sequels. Not much less than that. If it ends up a few dozen million below that, I don't think that is enough to justify additional sequels. Just Avenger appearances.

4. Joeyjojo72

Joeyjojo72 Well-Known Member

reposted:

Avengers 3

Act I: getting reacquainted with characters/Thanos (30 minutes)
    Act II: WWH (1 hour 15 minutes)
    Act III: Avengers/Hulk vs Thanos (1 hour 15 minutes)

An alternative - possibly insane - is to do A3 as a two-parter. Film them at the same time and release them 6 months apart. Make it a true MCU cross-over, with every team involved including GotG. In that case, you do Avengers 3: WWH and then Avengers 3: Megateamup!! No?

mid-credits: Celestials!

Irregardlessly, a Planet Hulk inspired Hulk movie would be very very cool.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Sorry I just don't think that works and that is way too much going on. You can't just double up and make Thanos and World War Hulk into one movie.

6. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

2015: Ant-Man
    2016: Thor 3, Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    2017: Captain America 3, Heroes for Hire, Hulk 2, Daredevil
    2018: Black Panther, Avengers 3

I think Marvel will try & start expanding outside of the Avengers in Phase 3. Doing some street heroes would be a perfect way to do that.

7. venom892

venom892 Coming Home

Phase III
    2015-Ant Man
    2016-Dr. Strange,Planet Hulk
    2017-Black Panther,Thor 3
    2018-Captain America 3,Avengers 3

8. weezerspider

weezerspider Well-Known Member

IF the solo sequels bomb, there won't be much more phases. It'll just turn into an Avengers franchise.

9. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I'm going to be pretty sad if the solo sequels bomb...

10. venom892

venom892 Coming Home

I think the solo sequels are going to get a boost from Avengers. People are going to want to know what happens to these characters next.

11. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

That's the same problem that DC must overcome. I don't have a huge interest in some of these characters, but if they are setting things up for Hulk orAvengers or Spiderman or whomever, I will go see it.

Didn't really have an interest in Green Lantern knowing that going in they were limiting the universe by making an origin movie that had no bigger end game. At least it may have had one if it were a success, but it wasn't. At the same time, you don't the connected universe to be a gimmick.

Every movie needs to stand alone. We get too wrapped up in continuity. Don't make a direct sequel unless it is a direct follow up. Planet Hulk or Thor sequels do not have to be direct sequels to their predecessors, because the story can be taken in a million directions without getting bogged down in reoccuring characters and plot lines.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  12. Joeyjojo72

Its called an adaptation. The actual plots will bear very little resemblance to the comics beyond the bare concepts, for glaringly obvious reasons. This is news to you?

13. blalex620

blalex620 Comics, Books, Games

No matter how they "adapt" it, it would still not work those 2 source materials require waaay too much time to be wrapped up in one movie

14. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

What if they did Planet Hulk and WWH in the same movie? As the Hulk sequel. Doesn't make sense from a business point of view since that is two movies worth of material. I think it could be the Hulk's TDK and TDKR. I don't know if you involve all of the Avengers if any at all. Maybe just a few key Avengers here and there. Not Cap, not Thor, not IM, since you want to save those guys (and the money they cost) on Avenger sequels. Hulk really isn't an Avenger member. We shouldn't keep looking at him as such. I would do a Planet Hulk movie so that Hulk can move away from the Avengers at the end of Avengers 2. WWH/Avengers 3 in one movie just doesn't work.

15. Joeyjojo72

A3 will be set up in part by the A2 mid credits and all the various solo movies, including a Planet Hulk-inspired Hulk movie. Three hours will be plenty. Or do it as two movies.

And of course it could work. You have no idea what the actual plots characters will be involved at this point so its impossible to speculate on its feasibility. An MCU version of WWH will be totally reconfigured/recast/reimagined from the source material.

Oh and in the MCU, the Hulk/Banner is a full fledged Avenger. This isnt the comics.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  16. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

"In the MCU, Hulk is a full-fledged Avenger:" this, I agree with. That goes against comic-book canon, but it's been an improvement so far. Fans clearly love Avenger Hulk *far* more than they love the typical Loner Hulk. It's breaking new ground for the character, but it's proven to be a highly successful approach. They like Avenger Hulk; In-Control Hulk; Hero Hulk; Team Player Hulk.

That's why WWH would be a mistake, because it undermines everything that Hulk has created within the framework of the Avengers. Division and mistrust and infighting were fun in the first movie, but they were caused specifically by Loki's magic. If you do that again, then it proves that the Avengers can't function as a team; and setting hero against hero is bad for business.

17. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Exactly. I think Thor and CA will do much better this time round.

18. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

SO, how about a minimalist "have it your way" segment. If Phase 3 wasn't allowed to be bigger than Phase 2:

Ant-Man
    Thor 3
    Black Panther
    Doctor Strange
    Avengers 3

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  19. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

2016: Thor 3, Hulk 2
    2017: Cap 3, Doctor Strange
    2018: Avengers 3

20. Snow Queen

2016: Black Panther and Captain America 3
    2017: Thor 3 and Doctor Strange
    2018: Avengers 3

21. blalex620

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/full-iron-man-3-spoilers-guardians-galaxy-suits-more

If What this article says is true and I'm sure it probably is then YES YES YES YES YES JANET!!!!!!!! Knew it and I called it Can't wait to see her She has the perfect Janet look
    Oh and the Star-Lord cameo will be awesome
    Plus this could tell a lot about Phase 3. If they're bringing in A.I.M. and Janet/Hank this early then maybe they could be setting up for Ultron???

22. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

1. They got that thread from a post on this forum

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=25266511&postcount=676

2. A lot of the spoilers other than the armor descriptions that were posted in that thread were more than likely trolling. So, other than the armor descriptions and a couple spoilers posted directly after the armors descriptions were posted, I would suggest not to believe anything else.

23. blalex620

Why does everyone say they were only trolling?
    I mean the call from Star-Lord fits with what everyone's been saying about the spacesuit and how it's going to be used. The Janet cameo also fits because we still don't know who Stephanie is playing and I remember someone tweeting when she's revealed the crowd will go crazy or something like that

24. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Much of it originated on 4chan.

25. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

The only thing we can say with certainty is that IM has a deep space suit. The rumors about a post-cred scene featuring him going into space to answer a distress call from the GOTG makes sense on some levels, and not so much on others. Personally, I believe that rumor, but I've still got my grain of salt handy.

Stephanie as Wasp doesn't make sense on plenty of levels which I've already *****ed about on tons of different threads over the past year, but I'll just state the biggest and most obvious one as the coffin-nail for that particular rumor: Feige (and nearly everyone else associated with IM3) have said specifically that there are NO Avengers appearing in IM3 (other than Tony, of course).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.