MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well an elaboration for mines would be
2015: Ant-Man- Introduces Hank and Janet. We see Hank working on Ultron. Villain would be A.I.M. End of the movie introduces Scott Lang but only as the janitor for now.
2016: Thor 3 - Not well versed in Thor lore
2016: Dr. Strange - Origin story Strange is a hot shot doctor who gets into an accident that destroys his life. Not knowing what to do now Strange goes on a journey to get his life back and finds his true destiny along the way. Introduces the magic realms of the MCI.
2017: Cap 3: Rise of Namor - As the world fills with more super powered beings a threat lurks beneath the sea. An Alantean that is on the surface world is killed between the struggle between a hero and villain. Namor having had enough decides to come to the surface world and deal with the problem. End credits scene we see Fury sitting with Cap reading a newspaper. Cap shows him a section of the paper and Fury shakes his head saying he wishes for the days when a drunken Tony Stark was his biggest problem then it cuts to an ad in the magazine for Heroes For Hire.
2017: Heroes for Hire - Luke Cage and Iron Fist origin stories through flashbacks. The origins of their team up are explored. The plot revolves around them helping Ant-Man retrieve his stolen suit. By the end of it Scott Lang is reintroduced and Ant-Man is seen letting him keep the suit. Setting up Avengers 3.
2017: Black Panther - Set in a mix of Wakanda and New York. Origins of Black Panther are explored in depth. Explains Wakanda and it's lore. BP faces Ape-Man. In the mix BP goes to New York and breaks into Tony Starks lab and plants a virus in his system. He then makes himself known so Iron Man can come after him in Wakanda. There they fight and BP activates the virus rendering Tony's suit useless. Having defeated Iron Man he offers BP a shot on the team after realizing BP is not a villain. Lead in to Avengers.
2018: Avengers 3: Wrath of Ultron - We see Hank has completed Ultron and has created a new costume and is now going by Giant Man. On a test run Hank sees a child killed by a villain and is devasted venting to Ultron that humanity is flawed and wishes he could fix it. Ultron then began downloading all the information in the world and comes to the conclusion that in order for humanity to be saved it must first be destroyed and cleansed. Meanwhile the Avengers are introduced to their newest member Black Panther who everyone is initially weary of but after seeing him in action loosen up. Add in many other details Avengers fight Ultron and win.
I wanna add Ms Marvel in there but can't see to figure out where.

Well an elaboration for mines would be
2015: Ant-Man- Introduces Hank and Janet. We see Hank working on Ultron. Villain would be A.I.M. End of the movie introduces Scott Lang but only as the janitor for now.
2016: Thor 3 - Not well versed in Thor lore
2016: Dr. Strange - Origin story Strange is a hot shot doctor who gets into an accident that destroys his life. Not knowing what to do now Strange goes on a journey to get his life back and finds his true destiny along the way. Introduces the magic realms of the MCI.
2017: Cap 3: Rise of Namor - As the world fills with more super powered beings a threat lurks beneath the sea. An Alantean that is on the surface world is killed between the struggle between a hero and villain. Namor having had enough decides to come to the surface world and deal with the problem. End credits scene we see Fury sitting with Cap reading a newspaper. Cap shows him a section of the paper and Fury shakes his head saying he wishes for the days when a drunken Tony Stark was his biggest problem then it cuts to an ad in the magazine for Heroes For Hire.
2017: Heroes for Hire - Luke Cage and Iron Fist origin stories through flashbacks. The origins of their team up are explored. The plot revolves around them helping Ant-Man retrieve his stolen suit. By the end of it Scott Lang is reintroduced and Ant-Man is seen letting him keep the suit. Setting up Avengers 3.
2017: Black Panther - Set in a mix of Wakanda and New York. Origins of Black Panther are explored in depth. Explains Wakanda and it's lore. BP faces Ape-Man. In the mix BP goes to New York and breaks into Tony Starks lab and plants a virus in his system. He then makes himself known so Iron Man can come after him in Wakanda. There they fight and BP activates the virus rendering Tony's suit useless. Having defeated Iron Man he offers BP a shot on the team after realizing BP is not a villain. Lead in to Avengers.
2018: Avengers 3: Wrath of Ultron - We see Hank has completed Ultron and has created a new costume and is now going by Giant Man. On a test run Hank sees a child killed by a villain and is devasted venting to Ultron that humanity is flawed and wishes he could fix it. Ultron then began downloading all the information in the world and comes to the conclusion that in order for humanity to be saved it must first be destroyed and cleansed. Meanwhile the Avengers are introduced to their newest member Black Panther who everyone is initially weary of but after seeing him in action loosen up. Add in many other details Avengers fight Ultron and win.
I wanna add Ms Marvel in there but can't see to figure out where.

Wow, two Ant-Man movies in one phase? I can't see that happening unless Ant-Man becomes this cultural phenomenon that takes the world by storm. IM1 and IM2 will probably be the only solo movies that will feature the same hero two times in one phase.

Well, as said by Mr. Dent, it is have it your way. The story reason though would be to have Ant-Man's origin in the first film and the second would be to set up Ultron as the villain for Avengers 3.

Well, as said by Mr. Dent, it is have it your way. The story reason though would be to have Ant-Man's origin in the first film and the second would be to set up Ultron as the villain for Avengers 3.
Yeah, i get it. But nothing in the thread says I can't express my disagreement, though.

Good luck winning an argument about someone's opinion
I wasn't trying to win an argument; I was expressing my own opinion and reaction to Gotham's Knight's lineup. I believe raising discussion is fair game in a thread like this, and is sort of the point.

You shot down his idea without offering an alternative. You didn't raise discussion or explore the idea, you just disagreed.

You shot down his idea without offering an alternative. You didn't raise discussion or explore the idea, you just disagreed.
And according to what forum rules am I not allowed to only express my reaction/disagreement? Look, I wasn't looking to shoot his idea down or attack him, I was simply replying with my gut reaction at the time. I believe even short responses can start up a discussion. I don't think that is unfair, even if I didn't propose an alternative. But if you're looking for one...

Gotham's Knight, I hope you didn't take offense to my reaction. Here is my response: I think you can achieve both showing Ant-Man's origin and setting up Ultron as the Avengers 3 villain in just one movie. I don't think you would need two separate ones. I think the only reason Marvel would plan a second Ant-Man movie before Avengers 3 would be if Ant-Man somehow became a huge pop culture icon that demanded a sequel, the way Iron Man did. As excited as I am to see an Ant-Man by Edgar Wright, I don't think he will achieve that level of popularity at this point.

That's just my opinion. If you want two Ant-Man movies before Avengers 3, have it your way! I still don't think it will happen.

No one said you can't disagree, but just disagreeing to disagree without offering some sort of alternative is unnecessary. I hope you understand what I am driving at and aren't taking anything personally as this is not meant to be any sort of attack.

That said, I agree with you about your initial dislike, Spideymouse. I don't think two films for the same franchise will happen in a single phase for any character. In fact, I think Ultron could be developed through several films before becoming a super villain that demands his own film.

Speaking of Iron Man, was the second film planned to help jump start Avengers and the MCU or was it something that was quickly made because of the positive reception of Iron Man? As I don't actually know the answer to that question I will speak from my perception, it seems that the general idea behind Iron Man 2 was planned. It seems to me that another film, not Iron Man, would have had to be made that had some obvious Easter Eggs to help tie the films into the same universe. Ignore this if I am wrong.

No one said you can't disagree, but just disagreeing to disagree without offering some sort of alternative is unnecessary. I hope you understand what I am driving at and aren't taking anything personally as this is not meant to be any sort of attack.
I'll try not to take it as such. I still think that you can express disagreement without necessarily explaining it right away, especially in a thread that specifically allows people to post their opinions without having to back up their ideas with any explanation. Gotham's Knight eventually gave his reasoning, and I eventually gave mine. And look, it turned into a discussion.

That said, I agree with you about your initial dislike, Spideymouse. I don't think two films for the same franchise will happen in a single phase for any character. In fact, I think Ultron could be developed through several films before becoming a super villain that demands his own film.

Speaking of Iron Man, was the second film planned to help jump start Avengers and the MCU or was it something that was quickly made because of the positive reception of Iron Man? As I don't actually know the answer to that question I will speak from my perception, it seems that the general idea behind Iron Man 2 was planned. It seems to me that another film, not Iron Man, would have had to be made that had some obvious Easter Eggs to help tie the films into the same universe. Ignore this if I am wrong.
I don't know if that question has ever been specifically asked and answered, but my perception is that it was partly in response to the positive buzz around the first Iron Man movie. It was the Monday right after Iron Man was released that Marvel announced its full Phase I schedule, so at some point Marvel must have known the kind of gold mine they had with Iron Man and RDJ and green lit Iron Man 2. I don't know if it was at that point that they were intending it to be a "bridge-to-the-Avengers" movie, but it sure turned out that way to a degree, didn't it? That said, I don't think Marvel was outright trying to make a movie whose sole purpose was to tie the films into the same universe--all five were supposed to do that in a limited capacity. And I definitely disagree with you that a movie like Iron Man 2 was necessary in setting up Avengers. I really think they just wanted more Iron Man (aka money).

The way that Iron Man 2 at times failed to focus on its central Tony-and-Ivan conflict is the very reason why I think that a second Ant-Man movie solely meant to set up Ultron for Avengers 3 would be a mistake.

I think I started a conversation that doesn't belong in this thread. Sorry...

Iron Man 2 pretty much introduced SHIELD as more than just Coulson running around. New Mexico (Thor) was mentioned, Cap's shield had a cameo, Fury had actual lines explaining some of SHIELD's back story. It also introduced Widow as someone to take seriously, lending credibility to SHIELD being badass. Fury and SHIELD also knowing about the element and the "cure" helps them seem legit and larger than just Coulson. SHIELD in Iron Man 2 helped make SHIELD in the Avengers believable. Without the story being filled in during Iron Man 2, I'm not sure SHIELD would have been taken as seriously as it had to be to support Avengers.

I mean, toss out what you know of SHIELD from Iron Man 2 and think about how believable SHIELD would be in Avengers. Agent Coulson has a Helli-carrier? What? Yeah, the Cap film creates the link between Howard Stark and SHIELD but you don't know that the science guys in Cap turn into SHIELD without Fury saying that Howard Stark was a founding member of SHIELD. As I am someone who doesn't read the comics, I wouldn't necessarily make that connection without being told.

Ivan Vanko (Whiplash) seemed like a weak character to start with. I think the better story was between Howard Stark and Anton Vanko but no one wants to see that on film. Anyone not in a suit or super-powered won't stand a chance against a dude in a metal suit, as we saw in Iron Man 1 when Tony went up against the terrorists in the town and the first encounter with Whiplash in IM2. Iron Man needs to stomp those guys otherwise he looks weak.

I think Iron Man 2 looks much better if seen as a SHIELD film with a focus on Iron Man rather than simply an Iron Man film, but it really shouldn't be exclusively categorized as either.

To try and be on-topic, It will be interesting to see what role SHIELD will play in Phase 3 considering the Avengers seemed to be acting without their direction. I like the inclusion of SHIELD to act as a narrator and help the audience keep track of the different heroes and events happening on Earth...and off of it.

^ In phase 2 SHIELD will only have a big presence in Cap 2.

SHIELD doesn't have to have a big presence to fulfill the narrator role, just show up to create the illusion to the audience they were watching and are aware.

The map at the end of IM2 is what I am talking about. There are flash points in places that we have not gone to yet. Stuff like that shows SHIELD has their act together. SHIELD knows more than the audience and we are begging them to reveal what they know.

I'm kind of hoping that in Phase 2 SHIELD will stand down a bit.

Whoa. I should have checked in here earlier today. I don't mind some disagreement and I highly doubt that what I put down will happen (I'd bet money on not getting 2 Ant-Man movies), just having some fun with ideas.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Cap 3, The Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, GotG2

I've always argued Hulk 2 would be in phase 3, but with it looking more and more likely that Inhumans is happening, I can't really see how they'd fit it in.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Cap 3, The Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, GotG2

I've always argued Hulk 2 would be in phase 3, but with it looking more and more likely that Inhumans is happening, I can't really see how they'd fit it in.
They could fit it in two ways... 1st by waiting to end the phase with Avengers 3 in 2019 instead of 2018 or if they want to keep with a three year difference between A2 and A3 then 2nd by putting out three films in one of those years

2015 Ant-Man
2016 Thor 3
2016 Doctor Strange(after Thor 3)
2017 Cap 3
2017 Black Panther(After Cap 3)
2018 Guardians of the Galaxy 2
2018 Avengers 3

November 2015: Ant-Man
May 2016: Thor 3
November 2016: Doctor Strange
April/May 2017: Captain America 3
November 2017: Black Panther
May 2018: Avengers 3

November 2015: Ant-Man
May 2016: Thor 3
November 2016: Doctor Strange
April/May 2017: Captain America 3
November 2017: Black Panther
May 2018: Avengers 3

Pretty much the list I posted as well except I added Guardians 2 cause if the first does well, and I think it will then there will b a sequel. Also I think Marvel is going to try and get the most movies out of Phase 3 to make the most cash before it enda so I think like 7 films is plausabile.

Have it your way, "Elaboration Edition"
Blue: Phase One
Red: Phase Two
Green: Phase Three
Purple: Phase Four

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
The Avengers
- Loki's scepter contains Mind Gem

Iron Man 3 - [BLACKOUT]Killian creates The Mandarin as an archetype of terror and who is referred to several times as "Master." Extremis, a virus that takes control of the human mind allows The Mandarin to survive.[/BLACKOUT]

SHIELD season 1 - SHIELD continues strategic homeland intervention enforcement and logistics. Seeking out remarkable people and artifacts. Fighting them off when they are evil, inviting them to their cause if they are good. Setting up CA:TWS (referred to as Avengers 1.5) by connecting the Masters from IM3, T:TDW and CA:TWS as well as Ultron?

Thor 2: The Dark World - Odin is well again, Loki's trial and imprisonment. Asgard rebuilds the Bifrost. Malekith threatens the nine-realms, Thor must travel to Midgard to protect it from the dark elves. Due to Malekith's treachery his soldier Algrim is turned into Kurse and Thor must defeat his most powerful opponent yet.[BLACKOUT] Another "Master" is introduced. Does Natalie Portman become Enchantress? [/BLACKOUT]The Space Gem is introduced.

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier - Rogers struggles to become a part of the modern world, politically and socially. He has to choose sides (Avengers, SHIELD, US Government). Redford takes over SHIELD and conflict arises. Fury has to convince Cap to trust him and help him to redeem himself. Winter Soldier attacks Cap. Zola threatens peace. Falcon steps in to help. [BLACKOUT]Yet another "Master" is introduced.[/BLACKOUT] Hank Pym is introduced, forced to assist Zola in his creations.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Star-Lord recruits Drax, Gamora, Rocket and Groot to take down several galactic threats including Ronan and the Kree. Cosmo and Mantis are supporting characters. Upon success of their mission, Star-Lord travels to Earth seeking assistance to fight a great new threat: Thanos and his obsession with death. Nova is introduced.

SHIELD season 2 - SHIELD continues their plight to bridge the gap between regular humans and those who cannot be matched.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 2015) - The Masters band together to fight the Avengers. In an attempt to boost the power of his AI creation Ultron (made from the brain waves of Hank Pym) SHIELD/Stark use a red source of power of unknown origin. Ultron becomes self-aware and takes over the Masters [of Evil] who, together, threaten mankind. The Avengers must unite with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to stop Ultron and the Masters.

Ant-Man (November 2015) - Hank, who now struggles with his dichotomy of being a hero and almost destroying the world, decides to fight crime as Ant-Man. Starting with Elihas Starr who has taken over AIM. Also, ties to the "to steal an Ant-Man" story line starring Scott Lang and his daughter.

Thor 3: Flames of Surtur (April/May 2016) - Amora and Skurge are introduced as a threat to Asgard, they unite with Loki to summon Surtur who kills Odin. Loki, appalled at what he has done, unites with Thor to defeat the fire demon. Amidst the destruction the Infinity Gauntlet is stolen from Odin's treasure vault.

Heroes for Hire season 1 (Fall 2016) - Set in the 70s, starring Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, Young Nick Fury, Old Howard Stark and more.

Doctor Strange (November 2016) - World-renowned surgeon Dr. Stephen Strange damages his hands in an accident and seeks a cure halfway around the world from the mystical Ancient One. He is trained in the art of magic and must defeat his fellow student Baron Mordo who is jealous of his power. Dormammu is teased. Reality Gem is hinted at as the source of their mystical powers.

Captain America 3: Man Out of Time (May 2017) - Red Skull comes back for revenge with the assistance of the Orange Time Gem.

Black Panther (August 2017) - Wakanda is threatened by an evil tyrant known as Killmonger and his assassins (Venomm, Baron Macabre). The new Black Panther T'Challa must step up to lead them to victory.

Heroes for Hire season 2 (Fall 2017) - Further adventures from the 1970s bridging the gap between CA:TFA and the rest of the MCU.

Avengers 3 part 1: Thanos Imperative (May 2018) - Thanos finishes collecting the rest of the Gems (Blue:Mind from Loki's scepter, Red:power from Ultron, Orange:Time from Red Skull, Green:Soul from Magus/Adam Warlock, Yellow:Reality, Purple:Space) The Avengers unite to defeat him and are roundly defeated. Captain America stands up to Thanos and is killed.

Inhumans season 1 (Fall 2018) Origin Royal Family. Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2: War of Kings (November 2018) - GotG return to bring down the Universal Church of Truth Thanos is involved with a sinister ulterior agenda, including stealing the Soul Gem from Magus's forehead Adam Warlock is now a member of the team. Black Bolt is involved. Ms. Marvel film is teased.

Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel (May 2019) Carol Danvers origin. Battles Cru and The Brood.

Inhumans season 2 (Fall 2019) More Inhuman fun.

Avengers 3 part 2: Infinity War (November 2019) Finale of Avengers vs. Thanos. Bucky takes up Captain America mantle. With the help of Ms. Marvel, Blackbolt and the GotG, Avengers barely defeat Thanos.

Most of the MCU recast after Avengers 3. (Stark, Rogers and Thor specifically)
Iron Man 4 - Tony takes on Zeke Stane and/or Madame Masque
Namor the Submariner - Origin
Doctor Strange 2 - Doc takes on Dormammu
Planet Hulk (basically acts as TIH2) - Ruffalo? Sent off-planet by Leader (who convinces him it was his friends)

Last edited:
Wow....that obviously would be ridiculously epic. I could only hope for that.

@Proxytoxin

In addition to some really good ideas, it has a nice and smooth progression.

It's just how I would do it if I was the two headed dragon known as Feige/Whedon.

And I know I'd pay good money to see those two dozen movies. GOOD money. I have already proven that. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"