No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicks hard, that Multiverse of Madness is now delayed for another 5 months, because of Venom, but those are consequences of having a deal with Sony
Then again I love Spiderman in the MCU and hope they can keep him long enough

Well does Spiderman 3 received the release date of Multiverse or doesn‘t it?

Uncharted's release date is now set for July 16, 2021, and Spider-Man 3 for November 5, 2021, so it looks like they still intend to have Holland film Uncharted first.

With all these delays, it's like the IRL release schedule is catching up to Endgame's 5-year time skip

Well does Spiderman 3 received the release date of Multiverse or doesn‘t it?

Wonder Woman 1984 took a release date previously set for an untitled Marvel film that some speculated to be Guardians 3. Doesn't mean that WB and Disney are collaborating or making deals, now does it?

If a good, prime spot opens up, then you take it.

I mean, no surprise there, assuming an appearance by Matt Murdock in the film was even in the cards and not just wishful fan thinking.

I'm not going to discount the possibility that he's denying it because he was told to deny it, but I've never been exceptionally optimistic either.

My pitch

Decades ago, Sergei Kravinoff, the self-proclaimed world's greatest hunter, narrowly fled the fields of Wakanda with a heart-shaped herb in his possession after a botched attempt to assassinate King T'Chaka. Thoroughly demoralized by his failure, he returned to Russia and retired from hunting to live a normal life. Years later, he's contacted by a mysterious client, who offers him a chance to regain his honor by hunting and killing Spider-Man.

ACT ONE

Four months after Far From Home, in the aftermath of his identity reveal, Peter Parker's life has become a living nightmare. He and his Aunt May have been forced into hiding as a result of Mysterio's last scheme, while his friends Ned Leeds and Michelle Jones are harassed by their peers at Midtown Tech - though S.H.I.E.L.D. and Stark Industries have shown public support of both Peter and Spider-Man and are adamant about the two not being one and the same, not everyone's convinced of Peter's innocence. Many believe him to be a murderer and aren't afraid to show their resentment of him and his friends.

Despite May's warnings, Peter continues to make sporadic appearances as Spider-Man, with Ned secretly helping out as the ‘Guy in the Chair’ whenever he can. Peter saves a group of civilians from a construction accident near the new Oscorp Tower and helps police officers Yuri Watanabe and Jefferson Davis bring in a group of escaped convicts from Ryker's Island, including Mac Gargan. Though he's constantly pursued by Sable International, a security firm hired by the government to bring him in, Peter is adamant about never giving up his other identity, arguing that someone has to be there to protect the little guy.

Intending on finding evidence that can prove Peter's innocence, MJ has quit the academic decathlon team in favor of spending more time interning at the Daily Bugle, which, under the leadership of J. Jonah Jameson, has been spewing anti-Spider-Man rhetoric for the last four months. While she and Ned secretly meet with Peter at Delmar's bodega, MJ reveals that she's been assigned to cover a rally for Mayor Norman Osborn's re-election campaign and is disgusted by the fact that Jameson has been taking Norman's bribes to ensure that he and Oscorp receive nothing but positive press from the Bugle.

At the rally, Norman praises Watanabe and Davis for their heroism. A disguised Peter watches the rally from a distance out of fear for MJ's safety, and his concerns are proved right when Kraven arrives, apparently intending on assassinating Norman. Peter naturally intervenes, but Kraven reveals that he was never after Norman and only attacked him to draw Peter out. Having watched him for some time now, Kraven determines that Peter's greatest weakness is his compassion. Before he can deal the killing blow, Kraven is intercepted by Silver Sablinova - she and her agents have arrived to bring both him and Peter in. In the resulting chaos, Kraven is captured by Sable International, while Peter is barely able to escape with his life.

ACT TWO

Under Norman's orders, Sablinova offers to make a deal with Kraven instead of putting him in a prison that he could easily escape. If he helps her and their team take out Spider-Man, he'll be able to walk away a free man once everything's done. Kraven agrees to Sablinova's terms, and is introduced to the rest of their team - Gargan, now wearing an exo-suit and calling himself the Scorpion, Adrian Toomes, who agreed to the mission in exchange for ensuring his family's safety, Herman Schultz, who just wants revenge on Peter, and the faceless Chameleon, who uses Skrull technology that allows him to shapeshift. Sablinova also reveals that their sixth member, Kraven's mysterious client, will meet them on the battlefield.

Hiding at Happy Hogan’s apartment with May, Peter breaks down, guilt-ridden over putting her and his friends in danger. As she comforts him, he apologizes for making her worry and confesses that Spider-Man is his way of making up for what happened to Uncle Ben. May tells him that Ben would be proud of the person Peter has become - someone willing to do the right thing even when the whole world sees him as a villain. She and Peter embrace, but the moment is ruined when Happy walks in with bad news - Kraven and his team have taken Midtown Tech's academic decathlon team as hostages.

From the Bugle building, Jameson and a horrified MJ watch as, in a video broadcasted for the world to see, Kraven informs Peter that he has three hours before the killing begins. It's an obvious trap, but Peter is already suiting up as Spider-Man, telling May that starting now, no one else dies on his watch. He hugs May before swinging to Midtown Tech, determined to save his friends. After contacting MJ, who decides to act as his 'chair-person' in Ned's place, Peter arrives at the school to find the police trying to get past Gargan and Schultz, with the latter managing to disable most of the tech in Peter's suit with a well-placed punch from his gauntlet. Peter tricks them into knocking each other out only for Toomes to swoop in and grab him. Toomes apologizes to Peter before dropping him through the glass roof of the school's library, where Kraven is keeping the hostages. Kraven taunts Peter as Gargan restrains him. Deciding that he no longer has any need for the bait, Kraven kills Ned.

An enraged Peter breaks out of Gargan's grip, prompting the villains to make their escape. Peter relentlessly pursues them through the streets of Queens, only to find himself in a very familiar cemetery - Ben's final resting place. Peter's surroundings start to change, and he finds himself forced to watch Ben's death play out again. As "Ben" bleeds out on the floor, a very familiar voice mocks Peter for his failures. He couldn't save Ben, he couldn't save Tony, and he couldn't save Ned. What kind of hero is he? As the illusion fades around him, Peter finds himself surrounded by Kraven, Gargan, Schultz, Toomes, and "Ben", who morphs back into the form of Chameleon, and watches as the sixth member of Sablinova's team - none other than Mysterio himself, Quentin Beck - arrives to admire his handiwork. Unable to focus on MJ's pleas for him to keep fighting, Peter barely resists against the Six, who brutalize him and leave him buried alive.

ACT THREE

Leaving Peter to die in the cemetery, Beck sends Gargan to take care of MJ, not keen on underestimating her ability to undermine his plans, and convinces the others to turn on Sable International and wreak havoc upon the city as a way of getting their revenge on Norman for attempting to control them, all while intending on backstabbing them at the last minute so that the public will see Mysterio as a true hero. As NYC descends into chaos, Peter contemplates giving up for good, wondering if the world would be better off without Spider-Man swinging around in it. But as he thinks back to that fateful day, when Ben told him about power and responsibility, he realizes that there never really was a choice. Spider-Man always gets back up, and Peter Parker has to do the same.

So Peter digs himself out of his grave, and gets back up.

Peter rushes to the Bugle building as MJ and Jameson brace themselves for the end, Gargan drawing closer to their hiding place with every second. Just as he finds them, Peter swings in and, to Jameson’s shock, shouts that if Gargan wants them, he’s going to have to go through him first. Trusting his spider-sense to guide him, Peter makes short work of Gargan and, ignoring the visibly confused Jameson, has a tearful reunion with MJ, promising that they’ll go on a real date once he’s taken care of the rest of the so-called "Sinister Six". Resolving to make things right, he cooperates with NYPD Captain Jean DeWolff and her fellow officers to apprehend Schultz, and uses his spider-sense to oust Chameleon when he attempts to slip away in the aftermath. With DeWolff's approval, Peter heads to Oscorp Tower, where Kraven and Toomes are holding Norman hostage as Beck watches from the sidelines and prepares to make a grand entrance.

Well aware of Beck's desire to be seen as a hero, Peter waits for Beck to make his move before intervening. Kraven threatens to kill Norman for daring to control him, the world's greatest hunter, while an increasingly hesitant Toomes tries to calm him down. Beck makes his appearance as Mysterio, announcing that he's here to save Norman like any hero would, but Kraven is enraged by Beck's betrayal and attacks him, forcing Beck to drop the charade and use his drones to defend himself.

With Beck and Kraven both distracted, Peter takes the chance to swoop in and rescue Norman, an act that Toomes notices but decides not to stop. Beck and Kraven stop fighting for a moment, both angry at Toomes for letting Peter escape with Norman. After dropping Norman off with the police, Peter returns to the tower to find that the villains are fighting amongst themselves. Beck notices Peter first and turns his drones toward him, eager to get revenge, but Kraven attacks him before he can order them to fire, proclaiming that Peter is his to kill.

Meanwhile, Peter tries to reason with Toomes, eventually getting through to him when he asks how Liz would feel about what he's done. Toomes helps destroy Beck's drones and take him out of commission, while Peter and Kraven have a fierce and deadly rematch. For all of Peter's enhancements, however, he still can't beat Kraven in a fair fight, and is forced to watch as the hunter prepares to deal the killing blow . . .

Only for Toomes to take it for him.

Peter takes the opportunity to finally web up a distracted Kraven before comforting the dying Toomes, who asks him to watch over Liz with his last breaths. Peter promises that he will. As the police arrive to arrest Beck and Kraven and send them to the Raft, an exhausted Peter swings away from the scene, and is surprised to find that people are cheering him on as he passes by. In the eyes of the public, the Amazing, Spectacular, and Sensational Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is a hero again.

EPILOGUE

Six months later, Peter's name has effectively been cleared after Beck was exposed as a fraud, and with some falsified evidence (and probably some threats) courtesy of S.H.I.E.L.D. presented at his trial, Spider-Man's identity is (more or less) a secret once more.

With their high school days behind them, Peter and MJ, both now preparing for the transition to life at Empire State University, visit Ned's grave and reminisce about their beloved 'Guy in the Chair'. On their way back to his apartment, Peter mentions how uncomfortable he feels about them being able to move on with their lives while knowing that their friend will never get the chance. He gets lost in the past for a moment, dreaming about what could have been for their little trio, but MJ brings him back to reality. She tells him that they'll never be able to move on.

But they can move forward.

That's actually a pretty interesting set-up for Act 1

I can't stress enough how much I hate this version of Spider-Man. I think both Sony and Marvel have missed the mark at every opportunity.

I can't stress enough how much I hate this version of Spider-Man. I think both Sony and Marvel have missed the mark at every opportunity.

IMO, the main problems with this Spider-Man aren't even geeky things:

1. It's an overall ageist take on Spider-Man.

2. All of his five appearances romanticize working-class dependency on the rich and powerful.

3. There's elements of class snobbery to go along with #'s 1 and 2.

4. This Peter is (mostly) Miles Morales in whiteface.

Last edited:
do you really need to have this discussion in a thread about spiderman-3-rumors/infos?

I’m really hoping they don’t bring Harry Osborn into this new series. Ned works fine in the “best friend” role and we’ve seen Harry’s arc play out on screen twice already.

I’m hoping for the third movie, they go smaller scale and have it set in New York. I liked Spidey going international in FFH, and I don’t think every film needs to be set in New York but I feel like the identity crisis storyline should.

I’d also like too see more of Ned playing the “guy in the chair” role. I thought they made a fun duo in Homecoming, and I kinda missed that dynamic in FFH

I’m really hoping they don’t bring Harry Osborn into this new series. Ned works fine in the “best friend” role and we’ve seen Harry’s arc play out on screen twice already.

I’m hoping for the third movie, they go smaller scale and have it set in New York. I liked Spidey going international in FFH, and I don’t think every film needs to be set in New York but I feel like the identity crisis storyline should.

I’d also like too see more of Ned playing the “guy in the chair” role. I thought they made a fun duo in Homecoming, and I kinda missed that dynamic in FFH

We already know it’s going to be international. It was set to film in Iceland among other places.

Happy 24th birthday to Tom Holland

tenor.gif

TameAgonizingAlaskanhusky-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

During the charity fundraiser pop quiz he hosted with some fans on Instagram a few days ago, Tom Holland told them he’ll be back in Berlin to resume Uncharted on July 14th. So he’s definitely still filming that before Spider-Man.

There's a rumor Spider-Man 3 is aiming to start in late September or early October, but that's not from anyone "official".

Last edited:
It would be wise for Marvel Studios, to keep the MCU connections short this time.
FFH hat these deep connections with the blip and the Skrulls (ok that was post-credit).
If another Uncharted-Delay causes the Delay of Homesomething 3, then it shouldn’t result in a delay of Thor, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel
It shouldn‘t be a problem if Spiderman 3 happens in 2021, 2022 or 2023 for any of the other real MCU movies.
I just don‘t want it to result in another chain-reaction for the more important movies (I love HC and FFH btw)

I wonder if in this Spidey film if they'll keep out any major MCU characters. Like the first had Iron Man then the sequel downgraded to Nick Fury. I think we'll get Happy and maybe another C list MCU character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"