No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is this going to work with the next movies? Holland is contracted for 2 more solo films, right? Are they just going to keep going and complete not mention all that when on in Civil War, Homecoming, Far From Home, etc?

That's what I think too.

The trades are so eager to print a story right away and then have more twists and turns to report the next day. While this is of course done intentionally to drive up hits, the continuous back/forth developments on this news story makes me also wonder if PR is being implemented in some of these negotiation proceedings that seem to still be ongoing and not actually final.

This happened when it was announced James Gunn was fired too. Then it went quiet for many months then news of re-hiring emerged. A similar pattern of events will most likely follow as far as Spiderman 3 is concerned.

(5) The hard part will be the Aunt May situation as it will be weird going from hot Aunt May to old Aunt May. Perhaps kill her off & maybe Happy by association & Peter survives being an adult on his own ?

Just out of curiosity: why would they go from "hot" May to "old" May? I don't think your scenario is going to happen but let's just say it did; I'm not getting why Tomei wouldn't continue in the role?

I side with Sony on this one.
Disney makes all the money from the merchandise AND 5% of the overall take of the MCU Spider-Man movies. They don't have to spend a penny to make the movie.

Sony pays all the costs and pays for Kevin Feige's time. In return, they get to play in the MCU. They take 95% of all profits.

To me, that sounds fair. Disney wants a 50/50 split? Greed pure and simple from a company that is on course to have 8, billion-dollar movies.

Apparently Tom Holland unfollowed Sony & Sony Pictures on his Instagram account. I don't know what this means beyond being frustrated in the moment, but I hope this doesn't get drawn out and become too much of a soap opera in the media.

I'm not exactly a Sony fan but by far my two favorite Spider-Man movies are Spider-Man 2 (Raimi) and into the Spider-Verse. Both are Sony productions.

I told people! As soon as they announced the title of far from home I said this will be the last one and I got so much drama for it. “SHOW ME YOUR EVIDENCE HOW DARE YOU!!!!” I got.

But I was right. Silvermoth is always right. Silvermoth knows.

I think both companies are to blame.Marvel/Disney for their greed,they already have all the Spidey merchandising and now they want more? SONY because they feel Venom was such a success now they want to throw in Spidey because they know it will generate more cash for them...and them ALONE !!!!!

I don't think what diseny wanted was just for spiderman but other related movies too.

Love SM1+2, SpiderVerse and PS4 but HC and FFH are quite boring, generic so deffo can live without MCU or even Holland.

Sony's Spder-Man

(1) Time jump

(2) Since Sony can't use those MCU characters send Peter into College & Peter simply moves to another part of New York. Moving away from your high school friends & first crush is a part of life

I think it's more likely that the claims that Sony couldn't use character versions from the co-produced films were just not correct, Marvel wouldn't have been able to gain so much ownership or control. But you probably will see just one more movie of Spider-Man in high school and that will wrap up that era and then move on from it.

I don't like MCU Spider-Man but I didn't like Spider-Verse either, I don't think Sony on its own will go for a real different tone in any case, maybe a bit more drama.

On the one hand, you won't get a conclusion to the MCU movie. On the other hand, Sony can make a live-action Spider-Verse movie with Garfield, Holland, and Maguire.

Assuming Disney and Marvel stay broken up, I actually could see a few things happening as far as the Peter Parker/ Spiderman films go

1) The status quo left from SMFFH will basically still be the same, so the notion that that may be retconned ain't gonna happen. My guess is references to Mysterio will be minimal.
2) We'll likely see a Spiderman/Peter Parker who's lost alot of the advantages he had in the other MCU related films, i.e. Stark tech, Avengers status, and will now probably make his own suit ala the Raimi and Webb films. My guess is that Ned will become his tech guy .
3) We may start to see "classic" Spiderman elements that some fans have complained about i.e. more overt references to Uncle Ben, A Spiderman who has to stand on his own two feet, JJ and the daily bugle, probably the introduction of the Osborn family and Norman as his new Stark like mentor
4) Aunt May won't be dating Happy
5) We'll see Venom , Dr Ock, Kraven , etc and move toward the Sinister Six vs Spiderman film.

The question mark to me is the status of the MJ / Zendaya character. She's basically a MCU creation if you believe the rumors. If so, that character could get yanked... though that doesn't mean Zendaya can't appear in the next film .

My guess is that if Sony wanted to keep her , they could say her character is indeed now Mary Jane Watson as opposed to Michelle. There would be fans who are upset by that but the GA would go along with it since alot of people think she's Mary Jane anyway.

Sony's Spder-Man

(1) Time jump

(2) Since Sony can't use those MCU characters send Peter into College & Peter simply moves to another part of New York. Moving away from your high school friends & first crush is a part of life

(3) Peter meets comic accruate Harry & MJ in college

(4) Peter can mention how he thought an old foe told the world his identity but that report was just another illusion & only Peter saw it & that was the bad guys way of saying that hes is alive & out there

(5) The hard part will be the Aunt May situation as it will be weird going from hot Aunt May to old Aunt May. Perhaps kill her off & maybe Happy by association & Peter survives being an adult on his own ?
Are we counting Aunt May as a MCU character because she first showed up in Civil War? In that case you can't recast Aunt May if MCU owns the character. Owning a character doesn't mean that they own Marisa Tomei's performance of the character. The MCU would also "own" J Jonah Jameson but the classmates showed up in Homecoming first which is a Sony movie.

Sony responds to Spider-Man and Marvel Studios’ breakup

Much of today’s news about Spider-Man has mischaracterized recent discussions about Kevin Feige’s involvement in the franchise. We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film. We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him — including all their newly added Marvel properties — do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own. Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.

Really hoping both parties come back to negotiating table to resolve this.
Marvel is going to build up to next big event. This event will in all likelihood include the new Fantastic Four and new X-Men. And Spider-Man will not be a part of that.

Sony will be either begging Marvel after the Sony-Spiderman goes back to their usual numbers or (hopefully) after their accountants look at the numbers. With Marvel only getting 5% from the last 2 movies, Sony took in ~1.6B profit. Since Feige was the mind behind, is it fair for Marvel to only get 5%? Sony is trying to spin it as Disney greed, and I can concede that 50/50 (including expenses) might be too rich for Sony's blood, the 5% was like the intro offer you get on credit cards. 5% for the 1st 2 movies. After that the rate changes. Option 2 is, when Sony flops (by comparison) again, Disney just buys them up for Spiderman, and then dumps the rest.

Campea said he read that Sony offered 70/30 instead 0f 50/50 and Disney still didn't accept this and he talks to a few inside peeps

He did say he got the sense from the Disney source that this isn't a done deal.

Personally I think Alan Horne is starting to lose the plot.

It feels to me like Sony pictures could be a much cheaper acquisition than fox was if Sony was willing to part with it which has been rumored before. But that would get blocked instantly. @tbg

I can envision a decent Feige-less Spidey 3 if Rothman is careful about it. If he can keep Watts and the two writers and let them do their thing (without being a tightwad or interfere with the story), it might be ok.

Does Rothman leave directors alone after their films hit $1 billion?

I can envision a decent Feige-less Spidey 3 if Rothman is careful about it. If he can keep Watts and the two writers and let them do their thing (without being a tightwad or interfere with the story), it might be ok.

Does Rothman leave directors alone after their films hit $1 billion?
Rothman and Avi Arad are known micromanagers so don't bet on them leaving directors alone.

?

I actually do too, provided the story is about a teen Peter Parker who's basically lost everything , i.e. the support of Stark, Avengers, the tech suits ,
being outed, having a target on him ,his family, friends and the girl he loves,
and now has to learn to stand on his own two feet and become a man.

I think that could actually be an awesome ESB like sequel to SMFFH with the right talent. On the other hand , they might decide to go back to the Mark Webb era wacky ideas .

Aside from that though, Feige left alot of possibilities for them as far as the next film goes, assuming they don't take a radical left turn off the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"