MCU Tag Team Battles: Guardians of the Galaxy (Original) Vs. The Warrior's Three

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
This a fun tag team styled MCU battle thread to break up the monotony of our once a week MCU Fights. It can be 2 on 2, 2 on 2 on 1, 3 on 2, or even 3 on 1. Keep in mind this is purely for just fun and doesn't in any way effect our Power Tier.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (Original Team)

funny-guardians-of-the-galaxy-gif-3.gif

Vs.

THE WARRIOR'S THREE

tumblr_maivmbzDh41rx84q1o1_500.gif

So let's this started shall we....

Warriors 3 can be stabbed, right? Gamora, drax, and groot can be pretty stabby.

The Warrior's Three have quietly clocked up some impressive feats across the three Thor films.

Hogun
  • Fought multiple frost giants at once and still threw a dagger mid fight which saved Sif.
  • Tanks a block of ice to the face and keeps fighting
  • Easily fought five marauders at a time on Vanaheim.
  • Powerful/skilled enough to block four swords from Hela and then hit her with his morning star.
  • Durable enough to be thrown through a stone wall by Hela, pick himself up and fight again.

Volstaag
  • Powerful/skilled enough to take on three or four Frost Giants/marauders at a time.
  • Tanked the sub zero grip of a frost giant
  • Casually lifted a car
  • Tanked a backhand from the Destroyer that hit him into a car with enough force to crush it then tanked two explosions from the Destroyer's blast a couple of minutes later.
  • Strong/skilled enough to stall 20+ Asgardian warriors and take out the first 4 non-lethally
  • Confident he could kill Loki if he wanted to
  • Ate four wild boar, six pheasant, a side of beef, and two casks of ale in one sitting

Fandral
  • Skilled/powerful enough to take on multiple frost giants.
  • Durable enough to survive being impaled by multiple ice spears
  • Strong enough to throw Volstaag 20+ feet through the air.
  • Skilled enough to take on 5+ marauders at once, including avoiding their gunfire.
  • Casually drops from one flying ship to another and takes out three Asgardian warriors even though he's unarmed

Physically the Warriors Three are way above every Guardian except maybe Groot (is he an adult in this?). They're all highly durable (enough to tank Star Lord/Rocket's usual gunfire) with healing factors. They're all probably close to Ronan (pre-power stone) in strength and above every Guardian except Gamora in close quarters skill.

I think they might take it unless Star Lord/Rocket have that cannon that can blow up moons or make good use of all the gadgets they used against Ego/Thanos.

Last edited:
The ones that didn't get killed off in five seconds without any lines of dialogue for two of them.

The ones that didn't get killed off in five seconds without any lines of dialogue for two of them.

Hela could kill every Guardian (including Nebula and Yondu) just as easily as Volstaag/Fandral. And none of them would do as well against her as Hogun did.

Last edited:
Warriors 3 can be stabbed, right? Gamora, drax, and groot can be pretty stabby.

They've only been stabbed by Asgardian blades and Frost Giant ice spikes, as shown in Agents of Shield asgardians are immune to earthly blades and are bulletproof.

Also The Warrior's Three can be pretty stabby in their own right and have Asgardian weapons.

Thör-El;36913517 said:
Hela could kill every Guardian (including Nebula and Yondu) just as easily as Volstaag/Fandral. And none of them would do as well against her as Hogun did.

Sure they would. It's why they keep getting movies and the Warriors Three won't. :sly:

I'll go with the Warrior's Three in this one due to their strength and durability.

Leaning towards the Guardians, due to them being unpredictable and cunning.

Edit: Been a while since we've had a 50/50 poll split.

Last edited:
Leaning towards the Guardians, due to them being unpredictable and cunning.

Edit: Been a while since we've had a 50/50 poll split.

Very true, that's the sign of this being a great matchup.

I choose the Guardians.
They have the brain, skill and muscle to take TWT down.

I think the Guardians would overcome the Warriors 3 mostly due to their numerical advantage.

I see Gamora holding her own with Fandrall or Hogun while while Drax engaged Volstag.

What clinches it for me is if Peter has even 5 minutes to o
to plan, the the Guardians superior teamwork takes this.

I doubt Rocket's gadgets would do much more than slow them down but that might be enough if the other Guardians strike.

By original GOTG I assume that means no Mantis, Nebula or Yondu.

I give it to the Guardians but I suspect there would be casualties, most likely Drax and either Quill or Rocket.

Thör-El;36913517 said:

Tbh Hela could wipe out most of the MCU single handed.

She could probably kill a no-stone Thanos, so that's not really much of a comparison. She's stronger than Thor and tougher, as well as being able to shoot multiple death blades. Thor might be able to beat her with Stormbreaker, or maybe Dr Strange with the time stone, but that's about it.

I suspect the Guardians might actually last a little longer than Hogun and the Asgardian red shirt brigade, because they wouldn't attack her head on.....well okay Drax might, and get killed instantly.

Hela is such a badass, shame we probably won't see her again.

I got Guardians. I think Rocket Raccoon is the X factor here.

I would lean towards the Guardian's for the big technological advantage as well as the numerical advantage.

Also unlike Volstagg and Fandral isn't Hogun actually Vanir not Asguardian? I know it probably doesn't change much just interested if he would still be as durable as the other two.

Think Drax, Gamora and Groot take the Warrior's Three on while Quill & Rocket make use of there numbers and aerial advantage for the win.

Also unlike Volstagg and Fandral isn't Hogun actually Vanir not Asguardian? I know it probably doesn't change much just interested if he would still be as durable as the other two..

I don't think so. He took hits from the frost giants and destroyer, same as the others. He also got back up and carried on fighting after Hela threw him through a stone wall.

If the Warriors 3 had Sif, this would be a different conversation. I think the Guardians have shown better teamwork and creativity in battle. I see them pulling it out.

Others have made a good point that the warriors three are missing members of there team like Thor (Who is really the one who leads them in to battle) and Sif. So not only do the Guardian's have that numerical and technical advantage they have the advantage of being at max strength while the warrior's are without Thor & Sif.

Thör-El;36917749 said:
I don't think so. He took hits from the frost giants and destroyer, same as the others. He also got back up and carried on fighting after Hela threw him through a stone wall.

True tbh of all the Warrior's three he gave Hela the best shot. Just remember in Thor 2 Thor said to Hogan to stay with his people on a different planet so assumed he couldn't be from Asgard.

The Warrior's Three with Sif would be a mismatch for The Guardians, I think people are underrating how powerful Asgardians are.

I gave the Gaurdians the slight numerical advantage for a reason, which of them could really match an Asgardian one on one?

We're not, but honestly, they never did anything impressive in any of the movies. Except Hogun in his brief face off with Hela before dying. The Guardians beat a celestial.

We're not, but honestly, they never did anything impressive in any of the movies. Except Hogun in his brief face off with Hela before dying. The Guardians beat a celestial.

The Guardians beat a Celestial with a celestial powered Quill and a special bomb they stole from another race. They have neither in this battle, just regular Quill and standard weapons.

The Warrior's Three took direct blasts from The Destroyer which could vaporize Frost Giants snd rip through solid concrete without a scratch. How are they even going to injure the Asgardians? Drax's knives? Lol

The Guardians beat a Celestial with a celestial powered Quill and a special bomb they stole from another race. They have neither in this battle, just regular Quill and standard weapons.

The Warrior's Three took direct blasts from The Destroyer which could vaporize Frost Giants snd rip through solid concrete without a scratch. How are they even going to injure the Asgardians? Drax's knives? Lol

They also beat Ronan, who had the Power Stone. The Warrior's Three in that Destroyer fight TOOK damage, but got thrashed in the actual battle. They had no offense. Again, it wasn't that impressive. The Guardians will pull that out somehow. They're creative. Also, space tech used against Thor proved effective in Ragnarok on Sakaar. No reason to think less powerful Asgardians would not be effected by their tech.

Last edited:
They also beat Ronan, who had the Power Stone. The Warrior's Three in that Destroyer fight TOOK damage, but got thrashed in the actual battle. They had no offense. Again, it wasn't that impressive. The Guardians will pull that out somehow. They're creative. Also, space tech used against Thor proved effective in Ragnarok on Sakaar. No reason to think less powerful Asgardians would not be effected by their tech.

Okay.

The Guardians' unpredictability and creativity make them so tough - that and their capacity for self sacrifice.

The warriors 3 were very undersold in the Thor movies, and my only gripe with Ragnarok was how pointlessly they died.

However, I think the Guardians would find a way to beat them - although some of them might die in the process.

The Guardians' unpredictability and creativity make them so tough - that and their capacity for self sacrifice.

The warriors 3 were very undersold in the Thor movies, and my only gripe with Ragnarok was how pointlessly they died.

However, I think the Guardians would find a way to beat them - although some of them might die in the process.

Ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"