MCU Tag Team Battles (Redo): Thanos & Hela Vs. Hulk, Vision, Iron Man, & Thor (Stormbreaker)

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
This a fun tag team styled MCU battle thread to break up the monotony of our once a week MCU Fights. It can be 2 on 2, 2 on 2 on 1, 3 on 2, or even 3 on 1. Keep in mind this is purely for just fun and doesn't in any way effect our Power Tier. I've also recently added the new option to be able to change your votes after voting incase your change your mind.

THANOS (NO STONES) & HELA

4MaKeA.gif

Vs.

HULK, VISION, IRON MAN, & THOR (STORMBREAKER)

6249978-6246411-7284617590-giphy.gif

SleepyCraftyAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_pd8gecfVq01xpdwtoo1_540.gif

6540345-4240754287-Idiot.gif

So let's this started shall we....

Last edited:
Okay, if this was Thor with Stormbreaker maybe a different ending, but I see Hela killing Hulk quickly, disabling Iron Man and as soon as Vision turns solid him too. Thanos one on one with Thor is an interesting match up. I feel like Thor, with his lightning powers could hurt Thanos, but ultimately Thanos would be too strong.
Vs anyone else one on one I suspect Thanos would win - unless Vision uses his powers cleverly for a change.

The big problem for good guys is Hela's ability to fire multiple death blades in multiple directions at once ( e.g. when she wiped out asgard's army). She would have a blade or two stuck into each hero before they really got going. I see her laying down "suppression fire" while Thanos charges in and starts beating crap out of the good guys.

Ah man, you are seriously underestimating Thanos. I don't think people realize how powerful he is. But I agree about Hela. I got Thanos and Hela in this one.

Okay, if this was Thor with Stormbreaker maybe a different ending, but I see Hela killing Hulk quickly, disabling Iron Man and as soon as Vision turns solid him too. Thanos one on one with Thor is an interesting match up.
Vs anyone else one on one I suspect Thanos would win - unless Vision uses his powers cleverly for a change.

The big problem for good guys is Hela's ability to fire multiple death blades in multiple directions at once ( e.g. when she wiped out asgard's army). She would have a blade or two stuck into each hero before they really got going. I see her laying down "suppression fire" while Thanos charges in and starts beating crap out of the good guys.

I second all of that.

Even if you take away Thanos, I don't think this team can beat Hela.

She'll one shot Iron Man with the first necrosword he doesn't manage to dodge and do the same to Vision whenever he stops phasing. Hulk isn't strong enough to hurt her and eventually he'll be overwhelmed by stab wounds. That leaves Ragnarok Thor and we already know how that goes; he'll put up a respectable fight, might even fros her but ultimately can't kill her.

Adding in Thanos just makes it overkill.
Iron Man, Vision and Hulk working together could probably keep Thanos occupied for a while but I don't think they could put him down and Thor on his own would only last a minute or so against Hela.

Thanos one on one with Thor is an interesting match up. I feel like Thor, with his lightning powers could hurt Thanos, but ultimately Thanos would be too strong.

Going by feats Thanos (no stones) vs Ragnarok Thor would actually be a good fight. They're both ridiculously durable and highly skilled warriors. Thanos probably has a strength advantage but thanks to his lightning Thor hits just as hard and has a range advantage plus he has better durability feats and a healing factor. It's totally moot here because of Hela though.

Last edited:
Okay everyone to avoid another blowout I have changed Thor (Ragnarok) to Thor with Stormbreaker.

Iron Man, Vision, or Thor can take out stone-less Thanos, but Hela is too OP of a match.
She's the first and only MCU villain that comes to mind in single-handedly taking out armies of adversaries.

Iron Man, Vision, or Thor can take out stone-less Thanos, but Hela is too OP of a match.
She's the first and only MCU villain that comes to mind in single-handedly taking out armies of adversaries.

I've changed it to Stormbreaker Thor is that helps.

Think it would come down to the Odin siblings again. We've seen that Thor is capable of defeating Thanos with Stormbreaker. Meanwhile, Hela would quickly dispatch of Tony, Hulk and Vision.

Even with Stormbreaker, I think Hela would take the win here.

Yeah, that evens if up. It really comes down to tactics. If Hela can kill Thor, with Thor killing Thanos with a first strike that momentarily diverts Stormbreaker, then she'll still win.

If Stormbreaker is capable of killing Hela, then once she's dead Thor and any other survivors will make short work of Thanos.

Stormbreaker Thor and Hela really unbalance the equation here. What about Iron Man, Hulk and other vs stoneless Thanos ?

Or.....add Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch to the team ( Ragnarok Thor + Hulk + Vision + Iron Man ) with Strange's mystical power and Wanda's TK that might be enough to tip the scales.

It's enough to change my vote.

Stormbreaker Thor can definitely beat Thanos and I think he'd take a majority over Hela as well and I think Thor has just enough backup that he won't have to fight them both at once.

It might be a suicide mission for one or two of them but the backup from Vision/Hulk/Iron Man should be enough to either
  • briefly distract Hela to give Thor time to take out Thanos
  • keep Thanos occupied whilst Thor takes on Hela

Last edited:
Thanos with no stones, I'd say Hulk keeps him occupied like he did Fenrir. Last time they met Thanos had the Power stone, and Hulk didn't exactly go down easy. He still took quite a few hits.

Hela is the wild card in this one. The way she fought Thor in Ragnarok it's like she was toying with him. Even after the Valkyrie fell it was only Odin who could magically contain her, and from what we've seen of Thor he doesn't have that power. Having said that Asgard isn't around for her to draw power from now either.

Vision and Iron Man may distract her. Ultimately I think she takes out Tony. Vision evades her and until Thor bests her with Storm Breaker. Then they turn attention to Thanos. Don't see a scenario where Tony makes it out unless they can take out Hela really quick.

Thanos finished off Hulk alone with no use of the power stone (which has been confirmed) within seconds. Iron Man put up a good fight to Thanos but ultimately got well beat. Vision had trouble with Corvus Glaive, he has no chance against Thanos. Stormbreaker Thor has the best chance but ultimately I still think Thanos would be too much for him in the end.

This is without even bringing Hela into the equation. So yeah, Hela and Thanos win this one for me.

Stormbreaker Thor has the best chance but ultimately I still think Thanos would be too much for him in the end.

Based on what?

Thor one shotted Thanos with Stormbreaker last time they fought and that was when Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet to try and block it with. He could do the same thing again here with less difficulty.

Wow this is a huge matchup! :D

Going to have to think about it.

Thanos finished off Hulk alone with no use of the power stone (which has been confirmed) within seconds. Iron Man put up a good fight to Thanos but ultimately got well beat. Vision had trouble with Corvus Glaive, he has no chance against Thanos. Stormbreaker Thor has the best chance but ultimately I still think Thanos would be too much for him in the end.

This is without even bringing Hela into the equation. So yeah, Hela and Thanos win this one for me.
I would say just on Vision vs Glaive, we only saw this after he had been stabbed in a sneak attack and robbed of one of his main powers first. It’s a bit like judging a fight with Superman after someone has first stabbed him with a kryptonite dagger or Maximus’ battle with Commodus after being stabbed before it started IMO. :)

Where was that confirmed? By the time Thanos took on Thor's ship he had defeated Nidavellir to get the Gauntlet, and Xandar to get the Power Stone. When Hulk jumps him on the ship you can see the gauntlet with the Power Stone as Thanos fights him. Based on Loki's words Thanos was unaware Hulk was even there to that point.

Plus we've seen when every stone is dropped in there's a surge through the user. We even saw the power stone do this to both Quill and Ronan in GotG. As a mater of fact that surge was so powerful it killed one of the collector's servants.

Last edited:
Based on what?

Thor one shotted Thanos with Stormbreaker last time they fought and that was when Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet to try and block it with. He could do the same thing again here with less difficulty.

Thor took Thanos by surprise when his attentions where elsewhere, he then quickly followed up with Storm breaker not giving Thanos much time to react. If Thanos knew Thor was coming I think the result would have been very different.

Where was that confirmed? By the time Thanos took on Thor's ship he had defeated Nidavellir to get the Gauntlet, and Xandar to get the Power Stone. When Hulk jumps him on the ship you can see the gauntlet with the Power Stone as Thanos fights him. Based on Loki's words Thanos was unaware Hulk was even there to that point.

Plus we've seen when every stone is dropped in there's a surge through the user. We even saw the power stone do this to both Quill and Ronan in GotG. As a mater of fact that surge was so powerful it killed one of the collector's servants.

Well, we saw in the movie that whenever Thanos used one of the stones it lit up. Throughout his fight with Hulk the power stone wasn't lit up. Also the Russo's confirmed it wasn't in use during their fight in the commentary for the movie. I am a huge Hulk fan, and that scene is hard for me to watch each time, but Thanos beat his ass senseless without even needing the power stone.

I think one aspect that's not talked about much in the Thanos fights is that I don't think we've seen all there's to him when he doesn't have the stones. I just can't imagine that such an intelligent character is just a more skilled Hulk in armor when he fights so I'm sure even the MCU version has some other technology to back him up when he needs it. Of course we can only go by what we actually see in the films in these battle threads, but I think it's very relevant to say that we probably haven't seen what the warlord Thanos is without the stones. We just haven't been allowed to see everything that would cause anyone to say "Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe", regardless of whether the statement is true or not.

Well, we saw in the movie that whenever Thanos used one of the stones it lit up. Throughout his fight with Hulk the power stone wasn't lit up. Also the Russo's confirmed it wasn't in use during their fight in the commentary for the movie. I am a huge Hulk fan, and that scene is hard for me to watch each time, but Thanos beat his ass senseless without even needing the power stone.

I get that it may not have been specifically in use, where he unleashed the power but there has to be some kind of bump just by having it in his possession. At about the 19 second mark they show the stone pretty specifically when Thanos pulls Hulks hands off of him.

Plus I agree with Mjolnir Reborn. We've got to see what Thanos can do without any stones. He's a bad ass and skilled fighter and I don't want to diminish that but we just haven't see where he is power level without the stones yet.

I get that it may not have been specifically in use, where he unleashed the power but there has to be some kind of bump just by having it in his possession. At about the 19 second mark they show the stone pretty specifically when Thanos pulls Hulks hands off of him.

Plus I agree with Mjolnir Reborn. We've got to see what Thanos can do without any stones. He's a bad ass and skilled fighter and I don't want to diminish that but we just haven't see where he is power level without the stones yet.

Well, FYI the Russo’s have today confirmed pretty much everything I have said in their IW Q & A with Collider. Thanos didn’t use the stone to beat Hulk and it doesn’t give him a power boost.

Also, they confirmed Stormbreaker is not more powerful than the IG and that Thor took Thanos by surprise.

Well, FYI the Russo’s have today confirmed pretty much everything I have said in their IW Q & A with Collider. Thanos didn’t use the stone to beat Hulk and it doesn’t give him a power boost.

Also, they confirmed Stormbreaker is not more powerful than the IG and that Thor took Thanos by surprise.

Who in the world thought it was?

Who in the world thought it was?

I have seen a few people say it on here as SB broke a 'full blast from the IG.' .It's never a thought I have had as Thanos had little time to react.

I have seen a few people say it on here as SB broke a 'full blast from the IG.' .It's never a thought I have had as Thanos had little time to react.

It did overpower an IG blast using all 6 stones simultaneously that still doesn't make it more powerful since the IG has a lot more exotic powers. Holler at me when Stormbreaker can do stuff like I don't know, vanquish half of the entire universe with the snap of a finger.

It did overpower an IG blast using all 6 stones simultaneously that still doesn't make it more powerful since the IG has a lot more exotic powers. Holler at me when Stormbreaker can do stuff like I don't know, vanquish half of the entire universe with the snap of a finger.

It did but Thanos had little time to react, it may not have been a full blast for that reason. And as I said I haven’t once stated SB is more powerful than the IG, but I have seen others say they think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"