MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw an interview of Vin Diesel (with Maria Menous) from 2013 where he says he's been meeting with representatives from Marvel and they're "working on something for 2016". The Marvel Studios movies currently scheduled for a 2016 release are Captain America 3 and Doctor Strange. If Vin Diesel was to play a character in one of those movies, who would you want it to be and who would you think it would be?

^ The rumor is Black Bolt in Inhumans. I don't think he fits well in either of those two movies nor is there any reason to think it would be one of those two movies.

X-Men won't revert since Fox is actually doing a good job with the franchise. Fox is having their last chance with the FF and if they somehow aren't able to score a hit, they should just sell the rights back and call it a day.

Sony on the other hand, should sell back Spider-Man. They had their shot. They've ruined the popular perception of the character. They should throw in the towel and admit that they screwed up.

Not too long ago, it was easy to say the same about X-Men after they had two undoubted clunkers in a row. Then First Class came and saved things (followed by Wolverine, which was weaker but still decent and Days of Future Past, which is widely loved). All it takes is one or two movies for Spider-Man to be in the same path. I guess the debate is whether the first Amazing Spider-Man is at least a decent movie (73% RT Score, higher than The Wolverine). If it is, then we're talking two clunkers with an OK movie in the middle. I think they are entitled to at least one more chance there before it gets put in the category of Fantastic Four, which has had no successful movie ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"