MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

Reddit user u/CityHog added Avengers tower into Netflix shows.
https://streamable.com/mmfmp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtX_mlN__A

That's really great. I think it would be better if it wasn't lit up at night, though, since it's a little too obvious - particularly when DD's sitting on the roof (like it's right behind you, why don't you talk to those people?). Still, if that includes every scene, I really wish they'd just hire that guy to add it to the BluRays. Only thing I was unclear - the scenes with Cap? Were those scenes in the movie without the tower when they appeared?

Only thing I was unclear - the scenes with Cap? Were those scenes in the movie without the tower when they appeared?

The scene of Cap at the table was a deleted scene from Avengers which was basically an extended intro to him, and the tower was never rendered into the shots - I believe the original scene just shows the MetLife building. Similar to the scene with Cap and Hill, which is a deleted scene from Age of Ultron, which still had the green screen in the background.

Phase 3 is looking insane.

Indeed it is, I really hope they push the boat out a bit more and give us some radical, which they have promised with previous movies but not quite delivered on for me.

I plan on doing an MCU re-watching some time before Gaurdians 2 comes out.

Wonder what it could be for, I'm guessing a bit part in Ant-Man and the Wasp or some sort of small part in Infinity War.

http://www.star2.com/entertainment/...tress-raja-ilya-set-to-appear-in-marvel-film/

Local actress Raja Ilya has revealed that she will be involved in a Marvel film.

At a press conference for her latest movie Soulmate Hingga Jannah on Feb 7, the 31-year-old actress from Ipoh, Perak, told a local entertainment portal that filming will start at the end of the year.

The actress, who is in the middle of shooting a local drama – Syurgaku Tak Sempurna – in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, said that she is not able to reveal much information at the moment.

“I can’t get any accurate shooting location for now. I’ve just been informed to fly to Hollywood by the end of the year for role selection and for which Marvel title (I would be involved in),” she said in an interview with Star2.com.

When asked how she managed to get involved with the project, Raja Ilya said, “The offer came from someone I know from Indonesia who has already acted in a few Marvel and Disney movies… Now I just have to get prepared for the moment of my life.”

The actress is finishing up work on current projects before focusing on the Hollywood offer. “For about six months, I will start my training classes at Jakarta with Yayan Ruhian before I fly to Hollywood,” she said.

Yayan is an Indonesian martial artist and actor whose credits include The Raid and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (where he played someone named Tasu Leech, according to IMDB).

Raja Ilya, whose full name is Ramilah Begum Raja Mohammad, has acted in TV dramas such as Gerak Khas 2016 and Tuan Anas Mikael and films Appalam and Suamiku, Encik Perfect 10.

*This story is developing.

Melfi joined the 4 Quadrant Podcast to discuss the awards consideration that Hidden Figures is getting and the possibility of working with Marvel in the future. As surprising as it may be given Marvel’s announced schedule, Marvel and Melfi are already discussing the potential to work together. When asked if the door is still open to work together, he said:

I think so, I hope so. I’ve had conversations with them since then. Marvel’s a great company, I mean they do great work and they make action movies that are pretty fantastic. So yeah, it would just have to be the right kind of character that I can kind of find a human story inside

http://screenrant.com/marvel-hidden-figures-director-movies/

Last edited:
I know I often talk about this character in this thread but I hope that the fallout of Thor 3 heightens our chances of seeing Amora The Enchantress onscreen in the future. Whether it's a more personal storyline involving her jealousy towards Sif and Valkyrie having Thor's interest more than her or her teaming with Baron Zemo, Abomination, Crimson Dynamo, Skurge and Wonder Man to become the Masters of Evil.

And having Natalie Dormer play this character would be a treat as well.

So I'm listening to all the Phase 1 scores and it boggles my mind how Iron Man, Cap and Thor have amazing themes and soundtracks...why the hell aren't they ever brought back?

If there is any gripe I have with the MCU its that the themes are so underused and don't come back.

So I'm listening to all the Phase 1 scores and it boggles my mind how Iron Man, Cap and Thor have amazing themes and soundtracks...why the hell aren't they ever brought back?

Marvel tried to save some money.

Yeah, saw that. Of course it could simply be Samuel's name for [BLACKOUT]Hydra - given the skull in their symbol[/BLACKOUT] but I'm obviously hoping that we do indeed see the character again, although it will most likely be another actor playing them if that's the case.

So, my little brother asked me today which comic book movies I look forward to the most this year.

Spider-Man is my absolute number one favourite super hero. Yet, thinking about it, as of now I look forward to Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 more. Either it tells a lot about how great Marvel Studios is having elevated their lower tier super heroes, or it tells how concerned I am about the risk of Spider-Man: Homecoming turning out to be a disappointment.

Could also be that we've just see one trailer and nothing else. Guardians trailers, clips and teasers are all over the place so hype is increasing and Thor is looking so interesting but we haven't seen much besides set photos and the recent cover. I think you'll lose the sense of disappointment when they go all out and start advertising Spidey.

I can't post a topic yet. So I'll ask this in here. Are the two Punisher films worth checking out?. I've seen a load of unfavorable reviews about them, some in between, and some good. As a Punisher fan. Are they worth checking at least once?.

I can't post a topic yet. So I'll ask this in here. Are the two Punisher films worth checking out?. I've seen a load of unfavorable reviews about them, some in between, and some good. As a Punisher fan. Are they worth checking at least once?.

There are 3. Also, include The Purge: Anarchy to your viewing.

War Zone is a joke. I think on purpose...

I actually liked the one with Thomas Jane. Probably doesn't hold up as well as it did when it was in theaters, and even then it was a divisive film. But has it's moments, and some solid performances.

War Zone is a joke. I think on purpose...

I actually liked the one with Thomas Jane. Probably doesn't hold up as well as it did when it was in theaters, and even then it was a divisive film. But has it's moments, and some solid performances.

I love that movie for the wrong reasons and do find some scenes unintentionally funny.

Like the 'fight' with the Russian.

[YT]EuuofJtCVS8[/YT]

Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON
I plan on doing an MCU re-watching some time before Gaurdians 2 comes out.

I'd get started now, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is back next month and the current MCU chronology is looking fairly extensive...

"1940s"
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER (2011)
Agent Carter S01E01-08 (2014-15)
Agent Carter S02E01-10 (2016)
Marvel One-Shots: “Agent Carter”
------------------------------------------
"PHASE ONE"
IRON MAN (2008)
IRON MAN 2 (2010)
Marvel One-Shots: “A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer”
THOR (2011)
THE INCREDIBLE HULK (2008)
Marvel One-Shots: “The Consultant”
AVENGERS: ASSEMBLE (2012)
Marvel One-Shots: “Item 47”
"PHASE TWO"
IRON MAN 3 (2013)
Marvel One-Shots: “All Hail The King”
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S01E01-07 (2013)
THOR: THE DARK WORLD (2013)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S01E08-15 (2013-14)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S01E16 (2014)
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (2014)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S01E17-22 (2014)
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2014)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S02E01-05 (2014)
Daredevil S01E01-13 (2015)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S02E06-10 (2014)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S02E11-13 (2015)
Jessica Jones S01E01-06 (2015)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S02E14-15 (2015)
Jessica Jones S01E07-13 (2015)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S02E16-19 (2015)
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (2015)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S02E20-22 (2015)
"PHASE THREE"
ANT-MAN (2015)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S03E01-07 (2015)
Daredevil S02E01-13 (2016)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S03E08-10 (2015)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S03E11-18 (2016)
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR (2016)
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. S03E19-22 (2016)
Luke Cage S01E01-13
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot (webseries)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S04E01-04
DOCTOR STRANGE
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S04E05-15
IRON FIST S01E01-13

Corrections/amendments to the above much appreciated :)

Last edited:
I am just going to stick to the movies. I re watched DD and JJ's first seasons recently after getting the BD. I have seen all of AOS and Agent Carter and none of them really effect the movies too much. Luke Cage and Iron Fist I will watch when I am done with DD season 2.

I am going to start my movie marathon sometime this week though and hopefully can get through it within 2/3 weeks.

Of the supervillain groups/organisations that have in the appeared in the MCU so far, which are your favorites?

Groups
Hydra
Secret Empire
A.I.M
Watchdogs
The Hand
Ten Rings

I am just going to stick to the movies. I re watched DD and JJ's first seasons recently after getting the BD. I have seen all of AOS and Agent Carter and none of them really effect the movies too much. Luke Cage and Iron Fist I will watch when I am done with DD season 2.

I am going to start my movie marathon sometime this week though and hopefully can get through it within 2/3 weeks.

I'd still recommend doing Phase 1 in this order and throwing in the "One-shots"...

Captain America: The First Avenger

One-shot: Agent Carter
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

One-shot: "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer"
Thor
The Incredible Hulk

One-~Shot: "The Consultant"
Avengers: Assemble
One-shot: Item 47

:)

Users who are viewing this thread