MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

It's going to be tough for Marvel TV to sell MCU adjacent shows when actual shows featuring big screen stars and sharing continuity with the cinematic MCU are available on Disney +. Either the two sides need to start working together or Marvel TV has gots to gew.

I am still hopeful that a reorg happens and Marvel Studios absorbs Marvel TV. I get that personality conflicts led to the split, but the lack of integration between the two organizations makes very little sense.

That would be the best outcome, yeah.

We didn't hear much info or really know what this is about, but I'd love more female heroes and a predominantly female-centered network show would be noteworthy.

I am still hopeful that a reorg happens and Marvel Studios absorbs Marvel TV. I get that personality conflicts led to the split, but the lack of integration between the two organizations makes very little sense.
Yep, integrate it all with one head so there is no more conflict.

As a whole, I feel like the Netflix Marvel stuff was an interesting experiment, but very flawed. The difference in budget was very noticeable compared to the feature side, and I think it would be odd to see those Netfix Marvel characters integrated into the MCU. It's a shame that things went the way they did, because I think we're really missing out from not having an MCU Daredevil or Punisher or Luke Cage popping up in the movies every once in a while. I think they should recast all those characters and just let them make small appearances throughout the MCU. If people want to know their backstories, they can get the gist of it by watching the Netflix shows. Some expository dialogue explaining their origins is all that's needed for the movies.
I don't think they need to be recast tho.

It's going to be tough for Marvel TV to sell MCU adjacent shows when actual shows featuring big screen stars and sharing continuity with the cinematic MCU are available on Disney +. Either the two sides need to start working together or Marvel TV has gots to gew.
I agree with this, I mean what's the point of Marvel TV, if Marvel Studios is also doing tv shows?

That would mean Perlmutter would have to let go of Marvel TV, and I'm not sure he's a big enough person to be willing to do that.

That would mean Perlmutter would have to let go of Marvel TV, and I'm not sure he's a big enough person to be willing to do that.

Can he not be forced out? After the merger is complete seems like a perfect time to reorg, they have already announced a lot of the new executives, so maybe Perlmutter will be squeezed out. Ideally, Feige would head Marvel Studios and then have someone like D'sposito or Alonso over Loeb and the TV division.

Jeph Loeb is already the Executive Vice President of Marvel Television. He's already got a fair bit of power in that division anyway.

Jeph Loeb is already the Executive Vice President of Marvel Television. He's already got a fair bit of power in that division anyway.

Right, I'd just like to see someone who is currently tightly integrated in the film side placed at the head of the TV division as a bridge between the two. I don't really think Loeb needs to be replace, he has done a decent enough job.

As long as they made mini-series at a very fast rate, I guess I wouldn’t necessarily need shows.

Guardians 3 getting delayed and Gunn getting fired probably screwed up their cosmic plans a bit. (this may actually work in Feiges favour since it probably means the cosmic mcu can start with Fantastic Four and X-Men by the time vol 3 comes out the fox deal will have closed) It was meant to be the launch pad. Probably teasing various spin-offs etc. I hope their cosmic plans dont get bumped back too far.
Looks like Phase 4 will be more a street level phase. Hopefully in Phase 5 they go crazy with the cosmic stuff when they have their full toybox back.

Perlmutter needs to go manage an ice cream shop in Antartica.
When that happens and he is replaced with a reasonable human being, everything else will fall into place.

Fine with me. It wouldn’t really fit with the Johansson Black Widow we’ve seen all this time. Certain properties need it (Deadpool, Punisher) but some can be done a little more in between rather than hard R.

It would have made little sense to do it. Black Widow is one of the only female characters in the MCU that has been pushed to the extent Natasha has been. Making it R would have alienated the younger fan base she has gained from IM2 onward. I could have seen a version of a Black Widow film that was R, but I think this is the right financial call.

It would have made little sense to do it. Black Widow is one of the only female characters in the MCU that has been pushed to the extent Natasha has been. Making it R would have alienated the younger fan base she has gained from IM2 onward. I could have seen a version of a Black Widow film that was R, but I think this is the right financial call.
Right financial call and right call for inclusivity. Younger girls should have a few more high profile characters to follow as a heroine within Marvel. The R route should only be taken when it is really necessary. When you’re building a cinematic universe there’s little point in putting up walls to a chunk of your current and future fanbase except where they really are needed. You can also go light R and get away without the rating - even as far as TDK but probably less so in that direction to be safe.

I agree with this, I mean what's the point of Marvel TV, if Marvel Studios is also doing tv shows?

There isn't one. The whole "Netflix shows are connected" was just to get people to watch. I still don't believe they actually were connected. If Feige wants to make a Luke Cage movie in 4 years, Mike Colter isn't getting the role and the show will not be canon.

Can he not be forced out? After the merger is complete seems like a perfect time to reorg, they have already announced a lot of the new executives, so maybe Perlmutter will be squeezed out. Ideally, Feige would head Marvel Studios and then have someone like D'sposito or Alonso over Loeb and the TV division.

Perlmuter is disneys biggest shareholder. Wont be easy forcing him out. He's not a simple employee.

What sort of Marvel film could win Best Picture, as well as other major awards like Best Actor/ Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress? What would it have to do or what would the film have to be about to win such accolades? Will it have to be more than just an action film? And would it have to cut back on the comedy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"