MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

What sort of Marvel film could win Best Picture, as well as other major awards like Best Actor/ Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress? What would it have to do or what would the film have to be about to win such accolades? Will it have to be more than just an action film? And would it have to cut back on the comedy?

The answer is pretty much "Nothing". There is nothing Marvel Studios could do to win Best Picture, because the Academy's mindset fundamentally excludes anything even close to a big blockbuster film. Maybe in 20 years after some major turnover in the people actually composing the voters.

The answer is pretty much "Nothing". There is nothing Marvel Studios could do to win Best Picture, because the Academy's mindset fundamentally excludes anything even close to a big blockbuster film. Maybe in 20 years after some major turnover in the people actually composing the voters.

Well LOTR: The Return of the King won.

And do Marvel Studios always have to make blockbusters? Couldn't they make something set in the MCU but is the equivalent of an Oscar-type film?

Not sure if anyone is into Blu-Ray 4K. But they have started releasing the older MCU movies in 4K.

TIH, TFA, Avengers and AOU and obviously GOTG2 forward.

It looks like TWS may be released in a couple months and I'm guessing Civil War will follow suit.

Not sure if anyone is into Blu-Ray 4K. But they have started releasing the older MCU movies in 4K.

TIH, TFA, Avengers and AOU and obviously GOTG2 forward.

It looks like TWS may be released in a couple months and I'm guessing Civil War will follow suit.

I'm just waiting for Iron Man and Iron Man 3

I got Avengers and AoU in the steelbooks last year from Best Buy. But I don't have the money to buy movies I have for a 2nd or 3rd time at this point. I have them on blu ray. It's good enough for now.

I hate that they don't release them in double format (DVD/Blueray) in the same package anymore. Why did they stop doing that?

With the success of Into the Spiderverse and the fact that he was setup in Homecoming I do hope we get to see Miles Morales someday. Obviously he'd be too young right now unless it's a small cameo like Peter Parker (retroactively) got in Iron Man 2. But once Parker has a little mileage on him I'd love it if he became the mentor of Morales and then passes the baton onto him. I guess it all depends on Sony and Marvel continuing their partnership though.

With the success of Into the Spiderverse and the fact that he was setup in Homecoming I do hope we get to see Miles Morales someday. Obviously he'd be too young right now unless it's a small cameo like Peter Parker (retroactively) got in Iron Man 2. But once Parker has a little mileage on him I'd love it if he became the mentor of Morales and then passes the baton onto him. I guess it all depends on Sony and Marvel continuing their partnership though.
Yes, I’d love to see him and for Peter to have developed enough to be an effective mentor to him. Everything is dependant on the deal but if it all goes smoothly, maybe the film after next would be a good time to fully introduce him (and a cameo as a younger kid before that wouldn’t hurt either).

What sort of Marvel film could win Best Picture, as well as other major awards like Best Actor/ Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress? What would it have to do or what would the film have to be about to win such accolades? Will it have to be more than just an action film? And would it have to cut back on the comedy?
An adaptation of Fraction's Hawkeye run

Disregard, I'm going blind lol
Seriously though, i haven't seen them in stores for s long time. I guess I'm using Amazon for yet another thing.
Really? I see them in Best Buy, Target, and Wal Mart all the time. Target less so nowadays they seem like they really scaled back their physical media in general along with getting rid of CDs.

I got Avengers and AoU in the steelbooks last year from Best Buy. But I don't have the money to buy movies I have for a 2nd or 3rd time at this point. I have them on blu ray. It's good enough for now.

After I bought Avengers and TIH on 4K, I sold my previous ones on Ebay.

I'll do the same for the Cap Trilogy. However with MCU, this will be only my 2nd time, reupping.

After I bought Avengers and TIH on 4K, I sold my previous ones on Ebay.

I'll do the same for the Cap Trilogy. However with MCU, this will be only my 2nd time, reupping.

I may consider it sometime down the line. I don't like that the non-steelbook 4K is the case from the more recent releases. Those covers don't really match with the 4Ks I already have for Guardians Vol 2 onward. That will bug me, lol

I only upgrade to the Steelcase.

I wasn't initially going to purchase AOU in 4K but now everything has to match. LOL.

All my MCU movies are different now, haha. I have a handful of steelcases, some of the original just blu-ray, and then recently the one's in 4K or 4K steelcases.

I just need to get Iron Man and Iron Man 3 because I bought the UK trilogy on Amazon and I'm in the US. Now that Iron Man is supposed to come to 4K, I'll just wait for that

What's this 401K Blu Ray?

4K is a clearer picture.

deadpool-4k-uhd-vs-blu-ray-comparativa-de-un-plano-original.jpg

I wonder if they’ll do a complete series from Iron Man to Endgame package (a bit like the James Bind DVD set). That Bond set looked awesome when put on your shelf in the right order as it spelled out 007 in super-large font and had a huge gun image going across it.

Is it true that endgame will be the last MCU film before another one in May next year? If Spider-Man doesn’t count since it’s half Sony. If nothing is being filmed now I guess it is? It will be a longer wait than Ant man last year to captain marvel. I know they will avoid other CBM releases and Disney releases but sometimes I wish they can spread out a bit better.

Is it true that endgame will be the last MCU film before another one in May next year? If Spider-Man doesn’t count since it’s half Sony. If nothing is being filmed now I guess it is? It will be a longer wait than Ant man last year to captain marvel. I know they will avoid other CBM releases and Disney releases but sometimes I wish they can spread out a bit better.

Yes its true but theres a chance well get a Disney+ MCU show in November when Disney+ launches probably Loki and maybe Bucky/Falcon in early 2020. I still consider Far From Home a Marvel Studios movie since well its made by Feige's team.

It'll be 10 months between Far From Home and (presumably) Black Widow. Then another 5 months until what sounds like Eternals in November of next year

It'll be 10 months between Far From Home and (presumably) Black Widow. Then another 5 months until what sounds like Eternals in November of next year
Widow's probably gonne be in May, right?

Yes its true but theres a chance well get a Disney+ MCU show in November when Disney+ launches probably Loki and maybe Bucky/Falcon in early 2020. I still consider Far From Home a Marvel Studios movie since well its made by Feige's team.
I hope the shows can really give us good material in those downtimes between films to keep the universe expanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"