MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Avengers sequel involves Ultron being made of Vibranium, but they have to go to Wakanda to get more, then it increases the chances of a Black Panther movie.

Indeed it does. Including Wakanda in the film, even with a Black Panther cameo definitely does all of that. It should be quite interesting to see how things go.

I think Phase 4 will either wrap up Cosmic MCU or start The Marvel Knights/Heroes for Hire.

And the Marvel Knights/Heroes for Hire will have nothing more than a loose connection to the Avengers (like for example if Misty Knight ever shows up in Heroes for Hire movie, her bionic arm could be made of Vibranium, and there is the connection to the Avengers).

I think Phase 4 will either wrap up Cosmic MCU or start The Marvel Knights/Heroes for Hire.

And the Marvel Knights/Heroes for Hire will have nothing more than a loose connection to the Avengers (like for example if Misty Knight ever shows up in Heroes for Hire movie, her bionic arm could be made of Vibranium, and there is the connection to the Avengers).
In either of these scenarios that would mean new franchises like Dr Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther(possibly), Ms Marvel(possibly), Inhumans(possibly), will all have one, max two films and I doubt Marvel will cut off potential franchises to make one phase one particular theme.

I think it's a better chance that they'll just continue to release their sequels while interspersing new IP's throughout them. I do see a Heroes for Hire coming eventually. I've said before I don't see Blade or Punisher or Daredevil coming anytime soon if Marvel continues to stick to their wanting to try out different, more out there properties.

Completely disagree. For one, they're not "wrapping up" anything as long as it's still making money. Second, they're definitely not doing it to fallback on lesser scale street level stuff. It's clear Marvel is going in the direction of using their movies to do higher concept properties like Guardians, Inhumans, and character who are important to the Avengers. While they're using TV for peripheral, smaller stuff, like Agents of SHIELD.

We have a better chance of seeing Marvel Knights or Heroes for Hire through a TV show than a movie.

Completely disagree. For one, they're not "wrapping up" anything as long as it's still making money. Second, they're definitely not doing it to fallback on lesser scale street level stuff. It's clear Marvel is going in the direction of using their movies to do higher concept properties like Guardians, Inhumans, and character who are important to the Avengers. While they're using TV for peripheral, smaller stuff, like Agents of SHIELD.

We have a better chance of seeing Marvel Knights or Heroes for Hire through a TV show than a movie.

Finally, something I agree with Dent on.
There's simply no way that Marvel is going to let their street level heroes sit and gather dust on the shelf; nor are they going to "waste" big-budget tentpole flicks on them when they clearly can be made for smaller budgets. Television is the ideal format for characters like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Elektra and Blade. I still think there's a possibility Marvel might spin off a smaller "Searchlight"-type studio to handle such fare as well, but TV still seems likelier. Maybe a "Marvel Knights" anthology on ABC or something.

marvel-cinematic-universe-25.jpg

Hey! Would be great to hear what everyone thinks about this.. thing I put together. It's supposed to include every character featured and confirmed to be included in the MCU.

I left some blank as there is currently no official image, footage, or concept art I could take it from. With that said, enjoy!

I've included a much higher res version for those who'd wish to have it:
http://heroicfilmcentral.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/marvel-cinematic-universe-25.jpg

Last edited:
Do we know that Hank Pym will be Ant-Man?

Do you want to include the Item 47 characters? Will you include every guest character from Agents of SHIELD?

Do we know that Hank Pym will be Ant-Man?

Do you want to include the Item 47 characters? Will you include every guest character from Agents of SHIELD?

Edgar Wirght did confirm that his Ant-Man will be Hank Pym. This was soon after Joss Whedon said he would not be featured in Avengers 2.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/edgar-wright-confirms-ant-man-will-be-hank-pym

I'll be sure to include those characters from the One-Shots at some stage. Also, not every guest character from Agents of SHIELD, but maybe those most prominent.

Edgar Wirght did confirm that his Ant-Man will be Hank Pym. This was soon after Joss Whedon said he would not be featured in Avengers 2.

I'll be sure to include those characters from the One-Shots at some stage. Also, not every guest character from Agents of SHIELD, but maybe those most prominent.

He didn't. He confirmed that Ant-Man will feature Hank Pym, which is what he's been saying all along. He said before that Hank would feature as the original Ant-Man from the 1960s who has now retired. However, the story that Wright is interested in is "To Steal an Ant-man", where the main character is Scott Lang, who steals Pym's suit and becomes the new version of the hero, kind of like The Mask of Zorro.

What Wright has confirmed in that article hasn't contradicted any of his earlier comments, and certainly doesn't specify that Ant-Man is actually going to be Pym.

That makes sense on who you'll include, but the article you quoted not only doesn't say that Wright said Pym will be Ant-Man, half the article is about how it's not clear what 'feature' Hank Pym means... so to use that as evidence that Hank Pym, much less only Hank Pym, will be Ant-Man is just wrong. Besides, the script we've heard of that fanboys hope has been changed to their liking as opposed to changed one of the billions of other ways it could have been changed without totally removing everything we know about it - that script featured Hank Pym, with Scott Lang as Ant Man. So it's not a surprise, or even news, that Hank Pym is a big part of the film, but the question is: will he be THE Ant-Man, and the answer is "he'll be in the movie."

Where I come from, that's a no. There's no need to keep that secret if it's true.

Edit: I originally said "Scott Lang as Iron Man" which would be several levels of hilarious if it actually happened.

Here's Yondu for you albeit without his mohawk yet.
ku-xlarge.jpg

And Nova Prime and with Nova Corps member
Nova_Prime_Corp_header.jpg

In either of these scenarios that would mean new franchises like Dr Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther(possibly), Ms Marvel(possibly), Inhumans(possibly), will all have one, max two films and I doubt Marvel will cut off potential franchises to make one phase one particular theme.

I think it's a better chance that they'll just continue to release their sequels while interspersing new IP's throughout them. I do see a Heroes for Hire coming eventually. I've said before I don't see Blade or Punisher or Daredevil coming anytime soon if Marvel continues to stick to their wanting to try out different, more out there properties.

I actually want single film franchises. IMO we don't need a Black Panther 2, 3 or a Ms Marvel 2, 3. (I know we will probably get a Dr Strange trilogy) Only having one film for each character from now on opens the door for more characters/franchises and more story lines.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Jury's still out on the Nova Prime picture. Word on the street is that somebody from Marvel confirmed that's *not* Glenn Close, just an extra. Still, there's enough of a resemblance to make me still wonder.

That's definitely possible that's not Glenn Close. At least he can use the Nova Corps picture.

@ChuckNorris And for me it all depends on the franchise. Some characters don't need more than one film. I think BP deserves a franchise however. But I think if Marvel puts out a solo film then they're hoping it'll become a franchise.

Could you guys see Night Thrasher fitting into a movie down the line somewhere? I have just very recently discovered this character and find him interesting.

I think Pym and Lang will both be Ant-Man with Pym passing the identity onto Lang.

I think Pym and Lang will both be Ant-Man with Pym passing the identity onto Lang.

Yeah, Pym *was* Ant-Man back in the 60s, according to the script leaks from way back when, and Lang steals the costume, just as he did in the comics. Remains to be seen, if that story arc remains in play in the Ant-Man movie, whether or not Pym is still alive as an old man, or passed away before the movie begins and is seen only in flashbacks.

If Wright wants to keep a majority of the old script all they would have to do is bump it from the 60s to maybe the 80s or 90s and then Hank would just be in his mid 50s and could still feature. Id like to see "to steal an antman" in the solo movie, and then have scott join the Avengers in A2, die, and have Hank come back to being Antman, with a mid 30s Janet, in A3

If Ant-Man does take place in the 80s, then he can create Ultron ideas, concepts, blueprints, but not have the tech to make it. Then Stark in TA2, 20-30 years later, does have the tech and find's Pym's ideas and creates him. That'd make me happy.

ku-xlarge.jpg

I've decided not to take pics from set photos as chances are they could look completely different on screen.

Could you guys see Night Thrasher fitting into a movie down the line somewhere? I have just very recently discovered this character and find him interesting.
I think he would work better on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I hope they introduce some of the lesser known hero characters through the S.H.I.E.L.D show. I think they could build up more villians that way aswell.

I hope they introduce some of the lesser known hero characters through the S.H.I.E.L.D show. I think they could build up more villians that way aswell.

If I remember correctly they said they wouldn't use SHEILD to introduce new heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"