MCU Timeline+Confusions

The only thing I want right now is Feige saying: "Sorry, we messed that up, we will fix it for the DVD release, I promise. The intern responsible for that was fired already."

The only thing I want right now is Feige saying: "Sorry, we messed that up, we will fix it for the DVD release, I promise. The intern responsible for that was fired already."

The thing is Both Civil war AND homecoming refer to the 8 years ago thing.

The thing is Both Civil war AND homecoming refer to the 8 years ago thing.
CW refered to IM and HC refered to TA
Iron Man happening 8 years before CW? Makes sense
The Battle of New York happening 8 years before Homecoming? Makes no sense

CW refered to IM and HC refered to TA
Iron Man happening 8 years before CW? Makes sense
The Battle of New York happening 8 years before Homecoming? Makes no sense

Hmmm.It seems they are retconning Phase 1 films to occur within the same year.So Iron man reveal and the Battle of New york occured in the same year.and Civil war Homecoming occurs 8 years after.

Hmmm.It seems they are retconning Phase 1 films to occur within the same year.So Iron man reveal and the Battle of New york occured in the same year.and Civil war Homecoming occurs 8 years after.
I don't think it's a retcon. It is a mistake. One that was easily avoidable by just looking at a couple of other dates given

Civil War and Homecoming just CAN'T be 8 years after The Avengers... they CAN'T. That logic spreads out the movies so unrealistically it's not funny. It's even worse considering the emphasis on The Avengers in Homecoming out of all the other movies. I'm willing to say that 6 years MAX have passed, but even then 4 years is ideal and the most hinted at in recent films.

Homecoming screwed up. Feige, please just admit it. Blame Sony, we're all ready to anyway.

Think they'll fix it on the blu-ray?

Civil War and Homecoming just CAN'T be 8 years after The Avengers... they CAN'T. That logic spreads out the movies so unrealistically it's not funny. It's even worse considering the emphasis on The Avengers in Homecoming out of all the other movies. I'm willing to say that 6 years MAX have passed, but even then 4 years is ideal and the most hinted at in recent films.

Homecoming screwed up. Feige, please just admit it. Blame Sony, we're all ready to anyway.

Except its not just Homecoming.Civil war hints at Ironman/Avengers occuring 8 years before Homecoming.
I think its a deliberate retcon they made in order to have Homecoming happen in 2020 probably due to Infinity war.Which is stupid as it unneccesary ages up the Avengers.

My Preffered timeline is this

2011-Ironman 1 and 2,Thor,Incredible Hulk
2012-Avengers,Iron man 3
2015-Winter Soldier
2016-Age of Ultron
2017-Civil war and Homecoming.

Except its not just Homecoming.Civil war hints at Ironman/Avengers occuring 8 years before Homecoming.
Civil War hints on Iron Man occuring 8 years before Homecoming/Civil War, not The Avengers, though and that's a big difference

Despite the inconsistencies, I have hard time believing it was an error. Someone would have caught it. And in real time, The Avengers happened 5 years ago. To say it happened 8 years ago takes some extra effort. Feige will probably try to explain their intentions in an interview soon. A lot of people are wondering about this online.

I don't think this was a mistake. The only thing that's causing conflict is IM3, which Marvel has basically treated as non-canon since it came out.

Marvel didn't dismiss Iron Man 3 as non-canon. They acknowledged that film in Captain America: Civil War when Tony said, "A few years ago, I almost lost Pepper and trashed all of my suits until we had to mop up HYDRA and... Ultron."

I told you guys, there's no getting around it. They messed up here. Someone messed up. Oversight or what. But again, that's the problem of putting dates and years to all these events.

Putting Winter Soldier six years after Avengers just doesn't scan.

Civil War hints on Iron Man occuring 8 years before Homecoming/Civil War, not The Avengers, though and that's a big difference

Is it though?Especially since Iron man is sooooo close in the timeline to Avengers?It really isnt that big a difference.

Last edited:
Not a fan of this because it means the Avengers were inactive for 6 years

I wouldn't say inactive for six years, just not doing anything seen on screen. It does give Cap more time to learn about the modern world by Civil War, fwiw.

Less than ideal, it seems, but certainly not a categorical impossibility.

It doesn't hint in Civil War. Vision outright says that eight years ago, Tony Stark declared that he is Iron Man.

Then Homecoming says the Battle of New York was eight years earlier, and Toomes and his crew have been operating under the radar for EIGHT YEARS.

Marvel didn't dismiss Iron Man 3 as non-canon. They acknowledged that film in Captain America: Civil War when Tony said, "A few years ago, I almost lost Pepper and trashed all of my suits until we had to mop up HYDRA and... Ultron."

Age of Ultron also used the whole remote-controlled modular armor set-up introduced in Iron Man 3 as well. Heck Tony's new suit was literally just the Age of Ultron suit with a slightly different coat of paint.

This very movie also had nods to Iron Man 3 as well.

Tony uses the telepresence tech while in India and it looks like the Mark 42 (or a reproduction) is in the shipment Toomes tries to steal.
lacooq7r0pzy.png

Yeah where did people get the idea Iron Man 3 was non-canon? That's nonsense.

Is it though?Especially since Iron man is sooooo close in the timeline to Avengers?It really isnt that big a difference.
it's a difference of 4 years, that's... 50% of the timespan we're talking about. that's a huge difference

Yeah where did people get the idea Iron Man 3 was non-canon? That's nonsense.
:up:
that's the coping mechanism of the Trevor Slattery hating brigade, decanonizing one of the best MCU movies in their head just because they didn't get their racist Fu Manchu caricature

Well they did retcon the Mandarin thing, but that happened in a short no one saw, so it doesn't really matter.

Marvel didn't dismiss Iron Man 3 as non-canon.
They just did (or at least the timing of it.)

The timeline conflict in the films is purely between Iron Man 3 and Homecoming. All the other dating that seems to conflict is based upon assuming the 2013 from Iron Man 3 is accurate. For example, the only reason we have assumed The Avengers took place in 2012 or early 2013 is that it seems to happen soon before Iron Man 3.

All Hail the King was the first sign. Then Age of Ultron totally ignored everything that happened in Iron Man 3. Now we've got very obvious timeline retcons...the sooner you forget Iron Man 3 ever happened, the sooner your mind will be at peace.

All aboard, folks, there's plenty of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"