MCU Timeline+Confusions

The Russos said that IW takes place shortly after Black Panther (pretty much real time ie. a few months). But that causes more problems than it fixes as well ie. if Black Panther is shortly after Civil War then when does Doctor Strange take place? It'll have to be BEFORE Civil War : /

Like in the 616 universe, time works differently in the MCU.
English is different too.
What they call years, in the real world we call months. :o

Nah, JK. They messed up real good. :oldrazz:

On second viewing, when Cap and the rest return to Avengers HQ, I think Rhodes definitely references it's been "two years" since Civil War.

But is that really possible? That basically mean its been two years since Homecoming AND Black Panther.

Keep in mind Black Panther picks up like days after Civil War. And so does Homecoming for that matter. Except Homecoming likely takes place over weeks/months period of time. That means Peter has to be almost two years older now as well.

I think you have to ignore that or assume he's talking about 2 years which include pre-Civil War stuff.

So you'd have Civil War - the start of Spidey Homecoming - Black Panther - Thor Ragnarok - the rest of Spidey Homecoming - Infinity War

But I still don't know when Doctor Strange is. If Civil War is early 2016, you'd have to shift Doctor Strange to cover 2014-2016 (2014-2015 accident, recovery, surgeries etc, 2015-2016 the rest of the movie)

On second viewing, when Cap and the rest return to Avengers HQ, I think Rhodes definitely references it's been "two years" since Civil War.

But is that really possible? That basically mean its been two years since Homecoming AND Black Panther.

Keep in mind Black Panther picks up like days after Civil War. And so does Homecoming for that matter. Except Homecoming likely takes place over weeks/months period of time. That means Peter has to be almost two years older now as well.

Yes Peter is supposed to be two years older in IW if we go by the "two years after CW" line as mentioned by Rhodey. Peter is still acting like a 15 year old though...And since Homecoming 2 is gonna take place right after A4 that means that we missed out on two years of MCU Spider-Man since the end of Homecoming.

Sure. As jihado86 said earlier in the thread, just because someone says 2 years doesn't mean its two years on the dot. It could probably be 1 year and 6 months. So it could be something like this:

Homecoming takes place Fall of 2016, near the beginning of his Sophomore year
Infinity War could be Spring of 2018, near the tail end of his Junior year

Sure. As jihado86 said earlier in the thread, just because someone says 2 years doesn't mean its two years on the dot. It could probably be 1 year and 6 months. So it could be something like this:

Homecoming takes place Fall of 2016, near the beginning of his Sophomore year
Infinity War could be Spring of 2018, near the tail end of his Junior year
IMHO they are better off not putting how many years its been. They should just say "hey it's been a while.

IMHO they are better off not putting how many years its been. They should just say "hey it's been a while.

I don't disagree with you there. I always said instead of the Eight Years Later card in Homecoming, they should have just said Present Day. When it comes to time, they should be as vague as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"