MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Cap wins 5-1. Next up:

The Winter Soldier
giphy.gif

vs the Punisher

giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

Winter Soldier wins - he's the Punisher on super steroids without any moral code whatsoever - and with a bionic arm. If this gets into close quarters Punisher gets in some good licks but one good punch from Bucky and he's down.

Given the Punisher super soldier serum and its reasonably even - although I would give an edge to the Winter Soldier for having fought more auo super human opponents and being utterly ruthless, whereas the Punisher still has lines he won't cross ( eg Winter Soldier will shoot through an innocent bystander to kill a target, Punisher won't).

It is tough to find really close match ups. If Punisher had help, like Daredevil or Iron Fist this fight would be a lot closer.

Cheers.

Winter Soldier wins - he's the Punisher on super steroids without any moral code whatsoever - and with a bionic arm. If this gets into close quarters Punisher gets in some good licks but one good punch from Bucky and he's down.

Given the Punisher super soldier serum and its reasonably even - although I would give an edge to the Winter Soldier for having fought more auo super human opponents and being utterly ruthless, whereas the Punisher still has lines he won't cross ( eg Winter Soldier will shoot through an innocent bystander to kill a target, Punisher won't).

It is tough to find really close match ups. If Punisher had help, like Daredevil or Iron Fist this fight would be a lot closer.

Cheers.
giphy.gif

Bucky

Frank is out of his league in this matchup.

I'm not sure throwing in another non-superhuman would make much of a difference. We've seen Winter Soldier beat three guards, then Black Widow, Sharon Carter and Tony Stark with a high tech weapon, then get the better of T'Challa, all within a few minutes.

Punisher and Iron Fist would be more of a challenge.

Bushmaster wins.

Matt's more skilled but he just doesn't hit hard enough to beat someone who can shrug off bullets.

On the other hand, Bushmaster is strong enough to knock out Luke Cage (a bulletproof superhuman) so as soon as he lands a hit on Matt it's game over.

Last edited:
A few suggestions for next time:
  • Hawkeye vs Punisher
  • Hawkeye vs Bullseye
  • Hawkeye vs Yondu
  • Hawkeye and Black Widow vs Punisher and Daredevil
  • Black Widow vs Okoye
  • Gamora and Nebula vs Corvus and Proxima
  • Gamora vs Daisy Johnson (Quake)
  • Gladiator Thor (no lightning) vs Hulkbuster
  • Classic MCU Thor (before Hela destroys Mjolnir) vs Fat Thor (Endgame)
  • Scarlet Witch vs Quicksilver
  • Spider-Man vs Winter Soldier, Falcon and Hawkeye
  • Captain America vs T'Challa (no vibranium suit)
  • Hulk vs Fenris (rematch, no waterfall)
  • Thanos (no stones, no sword) vs Kurse
  • Thanos (with his armour/sword) vs Hela

Last edited:
A few suggestions for next time:
  • Hawkeye vs Punisher
  • Hawkeye vs Bullseye
  • Hawkeye vs Yondu
  • Hawkeye and Black Widow vs Punisher and Daredevil
  • Black Widow vs Okoye
  • Gamora and Nebula vs Corvus and Proxima
  • Gamora vs Daisy Johnson (Quake)
  • Gladiator Thor (no lightning) vs Hulkbuster
  • Classic MCU Thor (before Hela destroys Mjolnir) vs Fat Thor (Endgame)
  • Scarlet Witch vs Quicksilver
  • Spider-Man vs Winter Soldier, Falcon and Hawkeye
  • Captain America vs T'Challa (no vibranium suit)
  • Hulk vs Fenris (rematch, no waterfall)
  • Thanos (no stones, no sword) vs Kurse
  • Thanos (with his armour/sword) vs Hela
Hawkeye vs Bullseye was done
But good ideas! Will use some! :up:

Bushmaster wins.

Matt's more skilled but he just doesn't hit hard enough to beat someone who can shrug off bullets.

On the other hand, Bushmaster is strong enough to knock out Luke Cage (a bulletproof superhuman) so as soon as he lands a hit on Matt it's game over.
Bushmaster wins.

Yeah. Have to agree with that. Iron Fist vs Bushmaster is probably a closer fight.

No disrespect to the OP for the effort though - some fights are going to be mismatches, just the way it is.

Bushmaster

Matt is quicker than Bushmaster but would be unable to harm him at all.

If Doc is willing to hear some suggestions, I would like to suggest:

Hawkeye and Black Widow vs Yellowjacket and Ghost

Hardly see any Ant-Man villains in these fights.

Bushmaster

Matt is quicker than Bushmaster but would be unable to harm him at all.

If Doc is willing to hear some suggestions, I would like to suggest:

Hawkeye and Black Widow vs Yellowjacket and Ghost

Hardly see any Ant-Man villains in these fights.
I gladly welcome suggestions! :up: But I have to do one Stormborn suggested, then I will do yours. Deal? I mean, he did ask first.
Bushmaster wins 4-0
Next up:
Gamora and Nebula
tumblr_ouc4chWBbb1qbb8x5o2_500.gif

Vs.
Corvus and Proxima

original.gif

Who you got peeps? This will be kind of a lightning round because I will do Prehistoric Dog's suggestion tomorrow so let's get to voting.

I'm going to vote Proxima and Corvus. I think that they get a bad rap because they lost to the New Avengers who are basically Earth heroes. I know Gamora is supposedly the deadliest woman in the galaxy but I don't see it. Nebula has already shown to be kind of the loser for Thanos's kids, hence she's the only one with all those replaceable parts.

Nebula and Gamora

It really comes down to Proxima and Corvus being unable to defeat the New Avengers. Gamora has been shown to be quite skilled with her sword and would be able to take out either Proxima and Corvus easily. Nebula would just have to keep the other one busy for the time being.
I gladly welcome suggestions! :up: But I have to do one Stormborn suggested, then I will do yours. Deal? I mean, he did ask first.
Bushmaster wins 4-0
Next up:
Gamora and Nebula

Vs.
Corvus and Proxima

Who you got peeps? This will be kind of a lightning round because I will do Prehistoric Dog's suggestion tomorrow so let's get to voting.
Awesome. Appreciate it but there's no need to make it a lighting round. I'm in no rush for my matchup.

I vote Gamora and Nebula.

Corvus would be a challenge with that impossibly sharp glaive of his and his above Captain America's level physicals but Gamora's sword is OP too, she's got the best strength feats of anyone here and she was Thanos favourite for a reason. Black Widow (Infinity War) and Okoye (Endgame) both managed to stab him and Gamora would too.

Proxima's best feats are taking on Black Widow and Okoye at once and giving Scarlet Witch trouble for a few seconds in close quarters (until Wanda got serious and threw her away like a ragdoll). Nebula's got more impressive feats like giving Gamora a close fight, shrugging off an RPG, punching through a spaceship window and landing hits on Thanos (before he ragdolled her).

Last edited:
Yeah, Gamora and Nebula win.

Gamora & Nebula

Gamora seemed a better fighter and more skilled swordsman than Glaive and Nebula seemed durable enough to survive Proxima at least until the odds sway in their favour 2 against 1.

So all you guys are against me! Me against the world! Unreal! :argh:

Gamora and Nebula for the win.

Given that Black Widow, Cap and Falcon defeated them I can't see Proxima and Corvus doing that well against Nebula and Gamora. I think Gamora would dispatch Corvus ( Black Widow nearly killed him, and Okoye actually did !) . Nebula would only have to keep Proxima busy until she and Gamora could double team Proxima.

From what we've seen onscreen I would give the edge in skill to Gamora and Nebula and certainly durability ( self repair) to Nebula.

To be fair I do think it'd be a close fight.
  • All four fighters are at least Captain America level power wise (I'm guessing Gamora's feats carrying/firing a cannon more than twice her size and dragging Drax behind a crashing spaceship put her above Corvus whose best feat is overpowering Cap but it's debatable)
  • Skill wise they were all trained by Thanos (Gamora was Thanos favourite/the 'deadliest woman in the galaxy' so I give her the edge but it's hard to rank the other three).
  • Corvus came very close to assassinating Vision. We're told Nebula tried to assassinate Thanos and almost succeeded.
  • Nebula and Proxima both have feats surviving being hit by rockets
  • Gamora and Corvus both have ridiculously sharp weapons.

Last edited:
Gamora and Nebula win 4-1. What kind of loser voted for the Dark Order. He doesn't know anything! :csad:
Next up:

Hawkeye and Black Widow
original.gif

Vs Yellowjacket and Ghost
tenor.gif

ghost-uses-her-phasing-powers-to-slide-through-a-moving-vehicle-in-ant-man-and-the-wasp.gif

Who you got peeps?

PS-----I see a landslide.....:csad:

Going to go Yellowjacket and Ghost here. Not sure what Clint and BW can do.

Hawkeye and Black Widow

It'd be a tough fight due to the shrinking tech but Clint would keep Darren off balance with his electric and explosive arrows and eventually tag him. Ava would also be a challenge with her abilities but Nat is far more experienced and skilled. She would only need an opening to hit Ava with one of her taser disks and that would immobilize her long enough for Nat to knock her out.

Gamora and Nebula win 4-1. What kind of loser voted for the Dark Order. He doesn't know anything! :csad:
Next up:

Hawkeye and Black Widow
original.gif

Vs Yellowjacket and Ghost
tenor.gif

ghost-uses-her-phasing-powers-to-slide-through-a-moving-vehicle-in-ant-man-and-the-wasp.gif

Who you got peeps?

PS-----I see a landslide.....:csad:

If Clint and Nat have weapons that can harm Ghost and disable YJ's shrink tech then they win.

G and YJ are awesome against goons, but against highly trained killers who are tactical thinkers, they lose.

Yellow Jacket & Ghost.

1. People tend to use the little exchange between Romanov & Scott in Civil War to make the case that she can deal with that power set relatively easily. One thing I think is always sort of forgotten about the difference between Scott and Yellow Jacket is he is prepared to kill while Scott is a good guy.

2. The Stinger Blasters. These really add a difference maker to the fight as Yellow Jacket can shrink and fire them at range like bullets.

3. Ghost's phasing. Ghost just needs to get close enough once to either Widow or Hawkeye and phase through there chest and either one of them is out of the game.

Close one again but I think the villains have just too much of an edge in lethality and a power advantage.

I'm leaning towards Widow and Hawkeye.

Yellowjacket seems like the weak link here. He's an unskilled CEO in a third rate super suit. I don't think he's super durable and shrinking won't keep him safe forever.

Ghost's more of a challenge but if anyone can time a shot to hit her when she's tangible it's Hawkeye. Plus electricity stopped Vision phasing so that might work on her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"