MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Yellow Jacket & Ghost.

1. People tend to use the little exchange between Romanov & Scott in Civil War to make the case that she can deal with that power set relatively easily. One thing I think is always sort of forgotten about the difference between Scott and Yellow Jacket is he is prepared to kill while Scott is a good guy.

2. The Stinger Blasters. These really add a difference maker to the fight as Yellow Jacket can shrink and fire them at range like bullets.

3. Ghost's phasing. Ghost just needs to get close enough once to either Widow or Hawkeye and phase through there chest and either one of them is out of the game.

Close one again but I think the villains have just too much of an edge in lethality and a power advantage.
That's why I have YJ and Ghost winning, there is no holding back. They won't even see Yellowjacket coming. Ghost could really phase through either of them and kill them instantly.

Hawkeye/Widow win 3-2. How that's possible is beyond me but.....whatever. :whatever: Next up:

Thanos (with his armour/sword)
these_avengers_endgame_details_were_very_easy_to_miss_09.gif

vs Hela

uDg7Sb.gif

Who you got peeps?

vs Hela

uDg7Sb.gif

Who you got peeps?

This would be an epic fight but I'm leaning towards Hela.

They're both ridiculously strong and durable combatants with extremely lethal weapons.

For me the deciding factor is that Hela has a healing factor, can't be disarmed and her skill/speed feats seem slightly better to me (e.g. taking on the whole Asgardian army, beating Thor in his prime plus Valkyrie).

Hawkeye/Widow win 3-2. How that's possible is beyond me but.....whatever. :whatever:
I still think Yellowjacket's too incompetent to last long and Ghost can be taken out in the moments where she's tangible.

If YJ shrinks there is nothing they can do if they don't see him. But with Ghost I agree but they have to hit her first. If she pulls a Vision, and goes solid in someone's chest, don't see how they win.

OT but is the Thanos gif showing up?

I will go with Thanos (under the assumption they are not fighting on Asgard)

The both have insane feats so I think its very much just a pick what you like sort of thing.

Once JY goes small, there really isn't to much they can do.

Going to go Thanos here. This will be "fun" for him. As many knives as Hela could cook up, not sure any of them can get to him. The way he uses the infinity sword, it will be tough.

Hela wins 10/10 times.

How's Thanos going to kill her ? She can be completely impaled by Asgardian swords and Odin's spear and not even flinch and shrug off Thor's biggest lightning blasts. Meanwhile Tony was able to make Thanos bleed- and as Arnold once said " If it bleeds, we can kill it."

Hela has fought off whole armies by herself ( even while imprisoned in Hel ) sooner or later she's going to start landing death blade hits on Thanos and then it's only a matter of time before he's a pin cushion.

Hela at her weakest is strong enough to crush Mjolnir with little effort. She can instantly kill Asgardians with her death blades.

It would be a good fight for a while but while Thanos is a total badass, Hela is the goddess of Death - her superpower is making people die.

Can't see any scenario where one on one Thanos wins.

Hela

Her durability and instantaneous healing factor are far too OP. Thanos would be able to hit her but wouldn't be able to actually harm her.

She's shrugged off being impaled but if Thanos can decapitate Hela with that vibranium breaking sword of his then I suspect that'd be too much for her healing factor.

It seems far more likely that Hela kills him first though.

She's shrugged off being impaled but if Thanos can decapitate Hela with that vibranium breaking sword of his then I suspect that'd be too much for her healing factor.

It seems far more likely that Hela kills him first though.

Who can survive decapitation? Thanos didn't manage to decapitate Tony, Cap or Thor or anyone else with that sword so I feel comfortable suggesting that Hela kills him first is the far more likely outcome. However, I will reduce my Hela wins factor to 9/10, on the remote chance that he cuts off her head before she kills him dead. While Thanos' sword breaks vibranium, Hela's grip ( at her weakest) shatters Uru effortlessly.... advantage Hela.

You'd be surprised:

2035323-loki_headless2.jpg

GFDaC.jpg

srerumbtc33aaqjpbpdf.jpg

Fair point about the comics. Other than Deadpool who can survive decapitation in the MCU ? Ultron maybe, but he's not alive. Has any MCU character been decapitated and come back to life ( again, other than Deadpool). It was pretty effective when Thor took the top off Thanos.

Still say Hela wins 9/10 times. Thanos would need his army just to make it close.

Hawkeye/Widow win 3-2. How that's possible is beyond me but.....whatever. :whatever: Next up:

vs Hela

uDg7Sb.gif

Who you got peeps?
Hela breaks thanos swords and send 100 swords into his body

Hela wins 4-2 in a very close matchup. Next up:

The Winter Soldier

giphy.gif

vs KillMonger

giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

Killmonger wins.

They're similarly superhuman and ruthless, Winter Soldier's probably more skilled but there's nothing he can do to hurt Killmonger through that vibranium suit so it's a one sided fight.

Take away the vibranium suit and Winter Soldier would win though.

Really? Even when Bucky is in his killer mode? It almost comes off even.

Really? Even when Bucky is in his killer mode? It almost comes off even.

Even if Winter Soldier's going for the kill, how is he going to hurt Killmonger through a vibranium suit?

Knives? No, Erik and T'Challa weren't able to cut each other through the suits.
Guns? No, the suit's bulletproof.
Grenades? The suit let T'Challa lie down on top of one completely unharmed and a direct hit from a grenade launcher only stunned him for a few seconds.
Punches? That's cute.

Last edited:
Killmonger wins.

They're similarly superhuman and ruthless, Winter Soldier's probably more skilled but there's nothing he can do to hurt Killmonger through that vibranium suit so it's a one sided fight.

Take away the vibranium suit and Winter Soldier would win though.

Agree with that. The vibranium suit is too big an advantage for hand to hand or guns - although if you give Buck a bunch of grenades and explosives it might be more even - as we have seen that the suit has its limits.

Still I say Kilmonger 8/10 with the suit.

Without the suit I say Bucky 7/10.

Yeah until they bring in maybe a sonic weapon similar to what was being used in the Wakandan trains scenes I think the Vibranium suits are always gonna really push a fight in someone's favour.

KILLMONGER

Bucky did not defeat the Black Panther.

Bucky did not defeat the Black Panther.

True but Killmonger beat a depowered T'Challa who was shying away from killing blows and trying to get him to yield. Once T'Challa got his powers and suit back and fought to win, he won.

Give Bucky a vibranium suit or take away T'Challa's suit and I reckon a fight between them would be extremely close.

Yeah until they bring in maybe a sonic weapon similar to what was being used in the Wakandan trains scenes I think the Vibranium suits are always gonna really push a fight in someone's favour.

Yeah, they're pretty OP. Vibranium doesn't seem to protect against electricity though so that's another option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"