MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Worthy Cap is meant to have the power of Thor (strength/durability/lightning, presumably at the level of Dark World Thor since that's when the hammer was from) and going by his fight with Thanos in Endgame he knows how to use it.

He was able to knock Thanos down, follow up with lightning and according to the Endgame writers he almost won.

He should be more than powerful enough to beat someone weaker than Hulk and far weaker than Thanos.

Last edited:
Worthy Cap is meant to have the power of Thor (strength/durability/lightning, presumably at the level of Dark World Thor since that's when the hammer was from) and going by his fight with Thanos in Endgame he knows how to use it.

He was able to knock Thanos down, follow up with lightning and according to the Endgame writers he almost won.

He should be more than powerful enough to beat someone weaker than Hulk and far weaker than Thanos.

Not sure if the magic works like that in the movies, although it does in the comics, but who cares ? Mjolnir is one of the most powerful weapons in the universe and whether Cap had Thor's strength or not, it had enough force to smack Thanos around.

The first uppercut with Mjolnir knocks Thanos on his ash, although he gets up - I'm not sure if Blonsky could shrug that off before Cap followed up with a knockout blow.

I'm going Abomination and with that.......we end with a 3-3 tie. :)
Next up:
Quicksilver
source.gif

vs
Ebony Maw
NecessaryNimbleDairycow-max-1mb.gif

Who you got peeps?

Next up:
Quicksilver
source.gif

vs
Ebony Maw

Who you got peeps?

Interesting match up. If Quicksilver manages to get the first shot in then it could be over - he smashed Ultron drones with ease, and even Cap was standing still compared to him. He could probably evade anything Maw threw at him, for while anyway. Also Maw tends to start fights by talking- which would be fatal against Quicksilver.

However, Maw might be able to lift up the ground under Quicksilver, and he hasn't shown himself to be fast enough to ignore gravity- if he can separate him from the ground then QS is screwed.

As such I give this to Quicksilver 6/10 and Maw takes it 4/10.

If this was Fox Quicksilver, then it would be over in a blink - he'd take out Maw before he could even think about throwing stuff around.

Do you just vote to make the result a draw whenever you can? I think I'm spotting a pattern.

Next up:
Quicksilver
source.gif

vs
Ebony Maw

Who you got peeps?

Quicksilver should win. We've seen him move so fast that Captain America looked like a statue and Mjolnir was only flying in slow motion. He casually caught a bullet when Klaue tried to shoot him. I haven't seen any speed feats from Maw that suggest he could keep up.

Sure, Maw's obviously powerful enough to crush Quicksilver but that won't count for much if he can't land a hit.

Meanwhile, Maw's a glass cannon who'd go down after a couple of hits and Quicksilver is easily fast enough to get close and take him down.

Last edited:
Do you just vote to make the result a draw whenever you can? I think I'm spotting a pattern.

Quicksilver should win. We've seen him move so fast that Captain America looked like a statue and Mjolnir was only flying in slow motion. He casually caught a bullet when Klaue tried to shoot him. I haven't seen any speed feats from Maw that suggest he could keep up.

Sure, Maw's obviously powerful enough to crush Quicksilver but that won't count for much if he can't land a hit.

Meanwhile, Maw's a glass cannon who'd go down after a couple of hits and Quicksilver is easily fast enough to get close and take him down.

I agree, but where I see Quicksilver coming undone is by not taking Maw out with his first strike. If Maw is given a chance I see him either snaring Pietro ( like he trapped Dr Strange) or hitting him with something. As such I still think Maw has a chance ( except against Fox Quicksilver, who is so fast that Maw has literally no chance).

Cheers.

If this was Fox's Quicksilver I'd give it to Pietro. But here Ebony has a chance of winning.

Maybe killing him in Age of Ultron should count as a plot-hole with his great speed. But I'm not changing my vote.

If this was Fox's Quicksilver I'd give it to Pietro. But here Ebony has a chance of winning.

Maybe killing him in Age of Ultron should count as a plot-hole with his great speed. But I'm not changing my vote.

My guess is that he took the hit because trying to carry Hawkeye and a kid makes him a lot slower and he only arrived to save them with a split second to spare.

We see him catch a bullet earlier in the film, plus he can move so fast that Captain America looked like a statue. I reckon that's fast enough to take Maw out.

Last edited:
Fast enough to make regular old super soldiers look like they are stuck on pause
f1a.gif

And strong enough to literally shatter Ultron bots
EntireVictoriousCentipede-size_restricted.gif

Maw was by far my favourite of the black order but I think he's out matched here.

Quicksilver

If Maw's reflexes aren't quick enough to stop Tony's missile from breaching the ship, then there's no way he's touching Pietro.

Quicksilver wins 4-2. Next up:

Now I know this fight won't be popular but.............it did kind of happen in the MCU......so........
BlackBolt
6338903-9027335934-giphy.gif

vs

IronMan
t_g_iron.gif

Who you got peeps?

I don't think I'll ever watch Inhumans so I'm sitting this one out.

If we're using TV characters I vote Hawkeye and Black Widow vs Punisher and Daredevil next time. Or maybe Gamora vs Daisy Johnson (Quake).

Well Blackbolt is almost comic accurate. He didn't fly or show of his strength but still he's been fairly portrayed.

Quicksilver wins 4-2. Next up:

Now I know this fight won't be popular but.............it did kind of happen in the MCU......so........
BlackBolt
6338903-9027335934-giphy.gif

vs

IronMan
t_g_iron.gif

Who you got peeps?

It all depends on who strikes first. If Tony hits
Bolt with a full power repulsor blast or missile he'll go down. If Bolt uses more than a whisper against Tony then he's dust - probably literally.

I would say that Tony wouldn't be prepared or expecting the unbelievable power of Bolt's voice, so he might not take a full power shot at first- which would be fatal. Tony's armour really isn't designed to defend against an attack that is like a nuclear explosion blast wave. I suspect that force fields ( Dr Strange or Scarlet Witch ) or near invulnerability ( Hulk, Thor, Hela, Thanos) would survive a first attack from Bolt ( not a full power scream probably, which would level an city - not a city block but a whole city).

I'll say Bolt wins 5/10 for sheer destructive power, 2/10 times Tony drops him with a blast but he cries out in pain which also takes out Tony and 3/10 times Tony straight up wins.
So, Bolt takes this.

You guys suck. :csad: Except you Batmannerism. You are ok fella in my book. Anyway, I'm going Tony and will end this with a 1-1 tie. Next up:

Hela
tenor.gif

vs a very pissed off Scarlett Witch

ee5b1ac78fea460de474d55d8e42c6bc.gif

Who you got peeps?

OK. You finally got your way.....I'm here. Hela.

You guys suck. :csad: Except you Batmannerism. You are ok fella in my book. Anyway, I'm going Tony and will end this with a 1-1 tie. Next up:

Hela
tenor.gif

Who you got peeps?

Thanks @Docker2.0 I enjoy this thread and appreciate the effort you put in to keep it going.

Hela takes this 10/10.

I don't think that even Wanda's full power is enough to put her down permanently. I am sure that Wanda could crush her or tear her to pieces- but after re watching Ragnarok recently I am also sure that Hela would get back up.
Also, while I'm sure Wanda could deflect Hela's death blades sooner or later one of them is going to land - at that point Wanda is dead.

Hela combines being pretty much indestructible with the power to kill pretty much anything plus being physically stronger than Thor - even at her weakest, before she returned to Asgard she effortlessly crushed Mjolnir.

Wanda is powerful indeed - but not on Hela's level.

I don't think anyone in the MCU could take her one on one except Thanos with a full infinity gauntlet.

Hela
tenor.gif

Who you got peeps?

You talkin' to me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"