Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also not the founding member of The Avengers, yet they built the Ant-Man brand around him and relegated Pym & Janet to veteran status.

Hank pym founding member of the avengers or not, should not be compared to popularity Logan has as a character. Lol talk about being eclipsed 100 times over.
X23 is cool and if they ever expanded with multiple teams or even an mcu xmen show I'd say go for it. But I like Logan too much to replace him altogether.

Last edited:
Hank pym founding member of the avengers or not, should not be compared to popularity Logan has as a character. Lol talk about being eclipsed 100 times over.
X23 is cool and if they ever expanded with multiple teams or even an mcu xmen show I'd say go for it. But I like Logan too much to replace him altogether.

He can skip the starter team.
On the topic of X-characters who've had to switch sides, have him also start out a baddie / someone only in it for the pay / thrill of the hunt.

I still would love a modified xmen 94 script.

I'd like to see the first MCU X-Men movie to have the original 5 X-Men (Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel, and Iceman), with Professor Xavier recruiting them throughout the movie. Then in the sequel, they can have a Giant-Sized X-Men expansion of roster with addition of Wolverine, Storm, Banshee, etc.

I'd like to see the original five represented as the founding members, but not as the lineup for the first movie. Scott, Jean and Ororo, for me, are a must. They need to be there and become the core and pillars of the team.

About Laura, I love her and I do want to see her again, but I think that they will establish Logan and his "mythology" first. It feels more natural this way. Also, as pointed out before, there are many, many female characters to pick from and give them the spotlight. Basically all of them were neglected by Fox and they deserve more.

None of those are really reasons they can't use Laura Wolverine.

Plus, Cristopher Yost is working for Marvel Studios.

What if Logan's introduction was mostly period pieces? Either as part of a larger film or his own solo. That way you could cover his time in WW2, Weapon X, Alpha Flight etc (maybe through multiple films) and concurrently introduce X-23 in films set in the current era. You could even have Wolverine reconnecting with Laura when he shows up again.

I'd like to see Logan as an obscure figure alluded to but not shown until a 2nd or 3rd movie.

I'd like to see the original five represented as the founding members, but not as the lineup for the first movie. Scott, Jean and Ororo, for me, are a must. They need to be there and become the core and pillars of the team.

About Laura, I love her and I do want to see her again, but I think that they will establish Logan and his "mythology" first. It feels more natural this way. Also, as pointed out before, there are many, many female characters to pick from and give them the spotlight. Basically all of them were neglected by Fox and they deserve more.
Agreed. No need to introduce X23 now, I'd save her for the third or 4th X-Men film. That's like trying to use Miles Morales over Peter Parker in the first MCU film

My feeling is that I don't care about the short, ugly, mean, rabid Wolverine of the comics, so if they're going to go too far in that direction, I'd just as soon have Laura. She isn't at the top of the list of characters I want to see, though (that'd be Emma Frost and Psylocke).

I'm not saying they can't. They can if they want to, I just think they'll prioritize other characters (Logan and other females).

Agreed. No need to introduce X23 now, I'd save her for the third or 4th X-Men film.

I'd save her for a third/forth Wolverine solo movie. I think those characters related to his "mythology" could be explored in his solo adventures. Laura can join the X-Men later. Meanwhile, let the X-Men movies develop the big amount of beloved and iconic characters they have.

That's like trying to use Miles Morales over Peter Parker in the first MCU film

Agreed.

It's pretty strange after people rally for a more comic accurate portrayal of the X-Men and then proceed to push a completely different one... okay.

Some here would be ****ting bricks if Fox took some of the liberties proposed. I don't understand some heres rational which is fine but I can't help but feel the hypocrisy.

How can you be mad at one side making changes only to rally at Disney doing them?

Last edited:
At least they will be bad in a different way? ;)

There does seem to be some cognitive dissonance, being upset that the Fox films were too different from the comics and yet in considering a new adaptation admitting that it is difficult and even unwise to try to really accurately, closely adapt so many comics and characters. But a common and fair complaint against the Fox films is not so much lack of accuracy per se but that too few characters (Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique) were too focused on too often and too many characters (almost all the rest) were underused and MCU may avoid that or at least focus on different characters.

I'd like to see Logan as an obscure figure alluded to but not shown until a 2nd or 3rd movie.

And please, no more Stryker or bad trips to Alkali Lake. That has been done literally to death.

As a matter of fact, it would be great if Logan, Mystique and Magneto didn't even show up in the first MCU X-film. They were overexposed in the Fox films, to the point where the team became secondary to them. Charles was also very central to those movies, but he can be deemphasized in favor of Scott becoming the true leader of the X-Men.

How can you be mad at one side making changes only to rally at Disney doing them?
The insurance of a neverending stream of sequels with the same characters and actors and more X-teams.

It would be interesting to finally see a Joss Whedon-written X-Men film, a superhero ensemble film where the characters haven't been introduced in other films earlier, and see how that goes, I suspect it might be pretty confusing to those who haven't read the comics. Although Marvel might not want him back after going to a DC film.

It would be interesting to finally see a Joss Whedon-written X-Men film, a superhero ensemble film where the characters haven't been introduced in other films earlier, and see how that goes, I suspect it might be pretty confusing to those who haven't read the comics. Although Marvel might not want him back after going to a DC film.

I don't think that would be a concern for anybody at Marvel. But overall, I feel like the enthusiasm and support Whedon used to have is all but dried up.

Between the JL disaster, him already getting a go at Marvel, and the weird personal stuff that's come to light the past year or so for him...nobody seems to be clamoring for him to come back to Marvel.

It's pretty strange after people rally for a more comic accurate portrayal of the X-Men and then proceed to push a completely different one... okay.

Some here would be ****ting bricks if Fox took some of the liberties proposed. I don't understand some heres rational which is fine but I can't help but feel the hypocrisy.

I don't know if you're talking about the X23 - Wolverine discussion but Wolverine of course was done in depth by the Fox films. I certainly wouldn't want other main characters that didn't get much *good* exposure during the Fox era to be substituted out. And overall I'd prefer everything to be kept as comic-accurate as possible, especially to start with.

They don't care, the people in charge like Feige don't really get so territorial over stuff like that, there would be more of a concern if they were working for two places at the same time. But it's not like they felt scorned for Whedon taking a DC product. I feel Feige, like the rest of us, wants to see a good Justice League movie. Because let's face it, DC films don't threaten Marvel at all.

I don't think I'd want Whedon to direct X-men I'd be more interested in seeing someone with a different approach. Though I'd love it if Whedon wrote or consulted on the film, he has a great eye for storytelling.

Rebooting the X-MEN could be one of the most sought after directing gigs imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"