Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows Ryan Reynolds might not even get to play Deadpool in the future? Ryan Reynolds isn't confirmed to appear in the Mcu. They've said they would keep the tone of the Deadpool films and wouldn't make it pg13, but Iger/Feige never said anything about Reynolds moving to the MCu.

And sure Deadpool proved to be lucrative but any property can be successful if handled well, if not more successful than Deadpool. And this is Marvel Stud10s, not a struggling studio desperate for a franchise.

Personally speaking, like Ive said earlier, release Deadpool 3 in 2021 and let that be Reynolds' final Deadpool film. Then the rest associated to the Deadpool trilogy can be rebooted without the baggage from the Deadpool films eXisting in the MCU. Marvel Stud10s would be fine without a Deadpool film in the mcu for the 2020s. They have plenty of properties. They could reboot Deadpool in the late 2020s.
This is totally ridiculous

I would bet money on Ryan Reynolds appearing as Deadpool in the MCU and making a meta joke about Disney buying Fox.

Yeah, If he isn't wearing Mickey Ears or Goofy Slippers or something in the next movie I'd be extremely surprised

"When [Marvel was initially] purchased, [Robert Iger] said to us, ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.' There’s no question that Deadpool is working, so why would we change it?"

Ryan is staying

But Deadpool, the character that premiered in New Mutants isn't?

If only the people behind the Foxverse had that mentality.

Anyway, I might buy that game to play as my beloved X-Men. Just wish Phoenix and Cyclops were part of the lineup.
I'm not getting it as I would need to buy switch. Though even if it is coming out on ps4, I wouldn't buy it in the 1st day/month. It looks like a mobile game.

Starjammers is less X-Men related than Deadpool. All of them, including Deadpool spawned from the X-Men franchise. Why the double standard?

I didn't have a problem with Deadpool before 2016. But once the movie came out and he became second most popular "X-MAN" to the general audience he started to annoy me.

But in MCU if he's just another solo character that annoys people like Fury & Spider-Man and stays out of X-MEN I'd be fine.

I didn't have a problem with Deadpool before 2016. But once the movie came out and he became second most popular "X-MAN" to the general audience he started to annoy me.

But in MCU if he's just another solo character that annoys people like Fury & Spider-Man and stays out of X-MEN I'd be fine.
Y'all are making him out to be the "Wolverine" of the X-Men franchise when he's not. He not taking the spotlight off of anybody, he has his own little corner of the X-Men universe and it just so happens that Deadpool gave audiences a taste of what a fresh, much more comic accurate vision of the X-Universe could be. Why do you hate him for that? Tim Miller gave us by far, the best VISION of the franchise. People are tired of seeing the same old crap from the X-Men movies. That's not Ryan Reynolds' fault. They can't move out of 2004. I'm not bitter about Deadpool's success as an X-Men fan, rather, it makes me sad for the main franchise

Y'all are making him out to be the "Wolverine" of the X-Men franchise when he's not. He not taking the spotlight off of anybody,

I can't think of another X-MAN not named Wolverine that got as many solo comics, movies, video game appearances as Deadpool. He's definitely the new Wolverine.

I can't think of another X-MAN not named Wolverine that got as many solo comics, movies, video game appearances as Deadpool. He's definitely the new Wolverine.
He's not an X-Man. He's not taking anything away from anybody else. Wolverine is

He never joined the X-Men. There's a difference between a X-Man and a X-Men character. Thats like saying Quicksilver is a X-Man. I don't even consider Deadpool as a X-Men character anymore. He outgrew being a X-Men character. He's much as a solo act as Daredevil. FoX was lucky that the film rights for the character was with the X-Men. Well didn't New Line Cinema had him first?

He never joined the X-Men. There's a difference between a X-Man and a X-Men character.

Everything. People. Say. Should. Not. Be. Taken. Literally. Obviously. Deadpool. Is. Not. A. X-MAN. My. Point. Was. How. Hes. The. Most. Popular. After. Wolverine. How. Is. That. Hard. To. Comphrehend

Well thats because of the movies, put him in the backburner and give Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Psylocke the film adaptations that they deserve and that could easily change.

Also, you should label characters right. Not all X-Men characters or associated with the X-Men are called as a X-Man. The term X-Man is earned by the characters in the first place. As a X-Men fan, that should be a given.

Last edited:
Not all X-Men characters or associated with the X-Men are called as a X-Man. The term X-Man is earned by the characters in the first place. As a X-Men fan, that should be a given.

Ok I will make sure to label Deadpool as a X-Character from now on. Lol

I said this in another thread but I will repeat it here, I hate that Deadpool 2 used Cyclops' orphanage in its plot. That should have been saved for an X-Men movie, and it's especially annoying now that Deadpool is being "integrated" or whatever to the MCU...

I wonder if this law suit would affect their chances of directing the MCU X-Men or F4. I know a lot fans including myself want them involved in the MCU in the near future but if its found they ripped of some guys work for stranger things it would certainly leave a sour taste. Especially if theyve already had discussions with Feige and Disney thats gotta be awkward.

‘Stranger Things’ Creators Face Plagiarism Trial In May Over Netflix Show – Deadline

Regarding how many mutant characters Marvel can bring to the big screen, I think it's worth mentioning that in 11 X-related movies Fox managed to bring a huge amount of characters on the big screen. Easily more than 50 characters. And I'm not even counting New Mutants or the TV Shows.

While we can argue that 95% of those characters were poorly treated, it was something manageable. The most populated X-Men movie had about 15 characters, which is basically the same amount of characters Civil War has, so that isn't an excuse for half of them having no lines.

If FOX could do that in 11 movies and 3 franchises, I believe Marvel can do more in 22 movies and an established shared universe. Especially now with the shows directly connected to the MCU.

Bringing all the mutants? No. All of them having the same amount of screentime? Absolutely not. But Marvel can easily bring just as much characters FOX did and do them more justice.

I wonder if this law suit would affect their chances of directing the MCU X-Men or F4.

Hopefully (for me) all the controversies they carry regarding the treatment of female characters and women on set is enough to keep them out of the X-Men. This plagiarism could be more on their baggage.

The X-girls deserve more IMO. I'm sure there are plenty of talented women or minorities ready to helm the X-Men.

Sophie Turner will totally announce she’s in Endgame tommorow.

The surviving Avengers are taking a break from saving the world to watch Game Thrones and Sophie Turner makes a cameo as Sansa Stark on the tv screen.

Mark my words: The Game Of Thrones tv show exists in the MCU.

And the Avengers had a weekly TV Night whenever the new season was showing. This continued even after Civil War, it was just two different TV Nights in two different places. ;)

Yeah, If he isn't wearing Mickey Ears or Goofy Slippers or something in the next movie I'd be extremely surprised

Yeah, have Reynold's Deadpool grab a hold of Dr Strange as the latter is hopping through the multiverse, land Wade in the MCU-

Wade: "Wait strange man, take me with you! this universe in doomed!" *grabs Stranges cloak as he's hopping through a portal to the MCU*
Wade: "Oh wow...A whole new world... A new fantastic point of view..."
Strange: "Let go of my cape, interloper!"
Wade: "But... now I'm in a whole new world with you!"
Strange: "Off!"
*Strange gets distracted by a villain, and Wade Wilson runs off into the MCU like a child let loose at Disneyland to have all new shenanigans*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"