MCU X-Men - Part 4

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Right, not enough space, and we gotta get that Jack Frost movie out before X-Men. He's definitely more important.

I for one am very excited to see just how far down the barrel Marvel will go to scrap for movie material.

2. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Worked out for 'em great so far. Ain't broke, don't fix and whatnot.

It'll be interesting to see how they first broach the concept of mutants.

Shuri, Xeno and doink like this.
  3. Marvel united

Marvel Studios: Hypno-Hustler (2029) :o

But in all seriousness, no. The Avengers were not bottom of the barrel before the movies. Any Marvel fan with general knowledge of the MU knew who the Avengers were before 2012. Ditto for Strange, Carol Danvers, Black Panther etc

Eternals who?

4. MbJ

MbJ Registered

And the vast majority of audiences aren't Marvel fans. Or DC fans. Or comic fans of any sort. That's sort of the point. Most of these past a select few are essentially new characters to them. How popular someone or something is within the realm of comics is pretty much irrelevant to movie success.

5. Marvel united

So why not just go crazy and make a movie about the Vanisher instead of the X-Men? If popularity doesn't matter, if familiarity doesn't matter at all -- literally anybody in the Marvel universe could have a successful film under this logic.

Spider-Man will always be more popular than the Eternals. Once their movie comes and goes, once the dust settles, he'll still be around. Ditto for X-Men and F4

psylockolussus and Dark Raven like this.
  6. MbJ

MbJ Registered

[​IMG]

You just hit the nail on the head, unintentional as it may have been. This is literally a franchise where a major watershed moment was successfully getting people to go see a movie about Rocket Raccoon. We've long since passed that point of comic popularity (or lack thereof) meaning anything.

#6606 MbJ, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  7. sleekstereo

sleekstereo Registered

Sandra Bullock as Moira MacTaggert?

[​IMG]

8. MbJ

MbJ Registered

I like Michelle Gomez for Moira if/when they get to here. I'm really interested to see who they get for Xavier. Big shoes to fill.

9. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Perhaps now is the best time as any to start saving up for SDCC tix for an eventual Hall H X-men event.

Frankeh likes this.
  10. Electricmastro

Electricmastro Registered

I don't think I'll ever see anyone beyond a Clint Eastwood-esque character as a definitive model for Wolverine, because I think Hugh Jackman captured that sort of character very well, if that makes any sense. I don't know, I think that any actor that can give off this aura that makes you think they can get wild, yet be calculating about it at the same time are the sort of actors that should definitely be considered for the part of Wolverine.

[​IMG]

MbJ likes this.
  11. Frankeh

Frankeh Registered

A Scottish actress should be cast for Moira, IMO.

psylockolussus likes this.
  12. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Registered

I think its going to be very hard to justify doing millions of dollars on reshoots on a movie that's not guranteed to turn in profit. If the movie needs Justice League/Solo level style reshoot where it significantly ballons the budget to over a hundred million dollars or more so you can make the movie ‘watchable’ then it doesn't make economic sense for Disney to give New Mutants any more money. The movie has delayed how many times again? It’s DOA.

And Kinberg is definitely is the last person who should be overseeing reshoots considering his last mutant movie had in is currently tanking at the box office hard. Disney needs to to take him off the franchise ASAP.

13. Shuri

Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

:funny:

14. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

While I would be down for Denzel... I keep coming back to Cranston as Xavier myself.

15. Xarus

Xarus Registered

Eternals, the property that feige is clearly passionate about, has a great up and coming director, great writers and interesting cast. That Eternals.

Some of you dont seem to realize that for the general audience character popularity means jack. The majority of them knew neither iron man nor eternals.

Feige isnt just gonna roll over and scrap 5 yo plans because you are impatient and want to see the x-men in the mcu in favor of eternals. That would be a kneejerk reaction and succumbing to audience whims which is a sign of a weak leader. And he is no weak, the man pu up with perlmutter for 8 years.

It doesnt doesnt if you dont believe in eternals. Feige does.

Xeno and doink like this.
  16. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Is that from Joe Kidd? That's the movie where Hugh Jackman resembles him the most.

I could see them going for a different type though, because Wolverine wasn't always drawn in that way.

For example, I could see them doing something similar to Jack Nicholson in Wolf, where he did have many Wolverine-like traits. Plus Logan has been drawn similar to this before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just give him the more pointy hairstyle and you'd have something similar to the way artists like Dave Cockrum drew him. He didn't look very Clint Eastwood-esque in those comics.

Had Nicholson been in his prime now, and at the age of something like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or The Shining, then he could've worked well for Wolverine. Plus he would've been more of the right height.

17. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Yeah... I mean, there's a reason why some characters are more popular than others, even in the comics. It's because they're better.

I don't know how anyone can be familiar with Doctor Strange or Black Panther or Captain Marvel and be surprised by how popular they've become after getting a movie. Um, maybe it's because they were already great characters, but most people barely even knew they existed?

Now Guardians of the Galaxy... yeah, what Marvel did with the Guardians was indeed a huge accomplishment. But I'm not shocked that people think Black Panther is great now that they've met him.

Tl;dr - the X-Men absolutely deserve priority over Black Knight. :o

18. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Whos Jack Frost?

19. psylockolussus

I also think there are more cbms coming out in the next 5 years compare to 2006 to 2011, so for some people like me, by 2024, it wouldn'tfeel like 5years. I look back to when Dofp was released and i can't believe its been 5 years now. And given that the neXt film is going to be a reboot, a 5 year wait seems fitting to me instead of 3 to 4 years.

20. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

21. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

1. A 1940s Timely superhero created by Stan Lee, appearing in USA Comics #1 .

2. The original identity of the supervillain later known as Blizzard (the original Blizzard), an Iron Man foe.

22. psylockolussus

Yeah thats what I want. And Muir Island please! and maybe Proteus.

SumT likes this.
  23. Marvel united

New quote from Feige
    "No, I mean we're certainly having conversations about the future of all of those Fox properties," Feige told ComicBook.com. "How to weave them in and when to weave them in. That one, in particular, is not the case."

Marvel's Kevin Feige Debunks Deadpool Spider-Man Movie Rumor - IGN
    Marvel are actually exploring where these characters can fit into the MCU.

@Spider-Fan This sounds different from Feige saying there are no plans at all a few months ago. This shows that the Fox characters will show up sooner than later

I don't don't buy it. If brand and character meant absolutely nothing then Marvel wouldn't have tried to buy Spider-Man back for 1 billion. If brand didn't matter, Miguel O'hara or Miles Morales would have been Spider-Man instead of Peter Parker.

The Marvel Universe could have never been built off of Eternals, Shang-Chi, Black Knight and Stilt-Man. All 4 of these characters have a limited shelf life because there isn't a whole lot of material to explore. The Avengers characters have been around for decades. I was excited to see Iron Man when Downey was first announced in 2006 because I knew who Iron Man was since the 90s. And here's the real kicker -- I knew who the GOTG were as well *gasp* before their movie was announced

I did not know there was an Eternals beyond passing references to Thanos' origin. And even if you wanna make the argument that nobody outside of the CB community cares about popularity, you also need to take into account that there's a REASON why that property is so unpopular in the first place, why it never struck a cord within the MU. As far as I know, there isn't enough material for Eternals to have a trilogy. There are rumors that Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom will be in Shang-Chi which is weird.

24. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

He never said there were no plans. He said they were not rushing them out and that they had a 5 year plan that they plan on sticking to. That doesn't mean they wouldn't develop projects for them or brainstorm on how to use/introduce them.

Xeno and doink like this.
  25. Xarus

Xarus Registered

Guardians of the galaxy have outgrossed every x-men movie in existence. Popularity doesnt matter.

All it takes is a great idea and a great director and you can give even foolkiller an acclaimed movie. Thats how all great movies are made. Because someone had a great idea.

The first blade movie bears almost no resemblance to comic blade. The comic was struggling and had fallen off the radar. They retooled the character, changed him and made him popular.

Popularity doesnt matter and thats tha truth. If you wanna go ahead and see wolverine for the 20th time, knock yourself out. Be uninspired and narrow minded. I wanna see my.boy richard rider ahouting "Blue Blazes" on screen before i i d.

The x-men are gonna show up, we know it. Its inevitable. There was a no guarantee that gotg, black panther, strange, shang-chi or eternals would show up. And now you have someone who js willing to give them a chance and put them in the spotlight and some of you reject it because you want a damn x-men movie eveey 3 years.

Like we havent got already 12 of them. No, we dont play like that. Its time for the underdogs to shine.

Shuri, Xeno, Kahran Ramsus and 2 others like this.