Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to be the reconcurrent theme in this thread whenever Feige gives us hope that the X-Men will be back before 2025.

Somebody has to remind us that Marvel is fine as is and z-listers can hold the fort down while the X-Men disappear from the screens

Is this really the thread where we have to be constantly reminded that the X-Men’s popularity doesn’t matter, that some are tired of seeing them, that Marvel doesn’t need them right now, etc. I thought this was the thread to be hopeful about the future but i guess not.
No this ia the thread when we fight the erroneous idea that just because 3 people here arent excited for shang-chi and eternals that will reflect in the general audience. Loke asians wont want vonkers for the FIRST EVER ASIAN SUPERHERO ON SCREEN.

And people are disagreeing with the extremely absurd idea that feige should scrap movies and arcs that he has planned in his head because he just got the x-men and f4 back. What it boils down to js that 2-3 people here lack even a shred of patience and want to see the mutants every two years on screen.

I have waited 20 to see nova on screen. Some of you need to check your entitlement.

No this ia the thread when we fight the erroneous idea that just because 3 people here arent excited for shang-chi and eternals that will reflect in the general audience. Loke asians wont want vonkers for the FIRST EVER ASIAN SUPERHERO ON SCREEN.

And people are disagreeing with the extremely absurd idea that feige should scrap movies and arcs that he has planned in his head because he just got the x-men and f4 back. What it boils down to js that 2-3 people here lack even a shred of patience and want to see the mutants every two years on screen.

I have waited 20 to see nova on screen. Some of you need to check your entitlement.
When have I suggested they should scrap their plans? I'm looking forward to Shang-Chi, Black Widow, and Angelina Jolie in The Eternals. What I'm pushing against is the constant reminder of X-Men's lack of importance in an MCU X-Men thread. Obviously that is likely not the intention from peeps, but this argument's getting tiring.

Are you directing that same anger at Batman and Spider-Man who have been rebooted ad nauseaum too.

When have I suggested they should scrap their plans? I'm looking forward to Shang-Chi, Black Widow, and Angelina Jolie in The Eternals. What I'm pushing against is the constant reminder of X-Men's lack of importance in an MCU X-Men thread. Obviously that is likely not the intention from peeps, but this argument's getting tiring.

Are you directing that same anger at Batman and Spider-Man who have been rebooted ad nauseaum too.
Im not talking about you. But people here have suggested that just because characters havent had series that have spanned decades they shouldnt be given movies in favor of the x-men who already have like 12 of them. I find it infuriating when a see comments like "why are we getting a black widow movie instead of tge x-men". I dont know, why do we need a 13th x-men film instead of the first ever black widow one?

No one is saying that x-men arent arent important. All we are saying is that c and d-listers shouldnt be damned to oblivion just because some people here cant go 2 years without their mutant fix.

Is this really the thread where we have to be constantly reminded that the X-Men’s popularity doesn’t matter, that some are tired of seeing them, that Marvel doesn’t need them right now, etc. I thought this was the thread to be hopeful about the future but i guess not.

But that type of debate is invited into the thread when people say things like the MCU cannot survive 5 years without X-Men. Threads don't exist solely for cheer-leading. They're here for discussion. If someone attempts to argue that the X-Men should be priority number 1 yesterday and that Feige is a fool to wait 5 years for them, then the opposite point of view is invited into the conversation.

I hope Feige realizes the potential out of introducing mutants through the events of Infinity War- Endgame. It makes perfect sense to tie the biggest phenomenon in the Marvel Universe to the biggest event in the MCU's history thus far

Feige will introduce them however he thinks is best. We'll just have to wait and see how that materializes. He has options and time. There is no reason to rush the X-Men out. It's a valuable property that can fuel the MCU for a long time, so make sure you have your idea for how to use that world before throwing down that card. Marvel has plenty of other films in very active development now, anyway. Which is why I believe Feige when he says the 5 year plan is still in place. We may see a mutant or two thrown into various things here and there I have no doubts if someone wants to use them and has a good idea. But nothing he has said recently changes anything he said prior.

But that type of debate is invited into the thread when people say things like the MCU cannot survive 5 years without X-Men.
Who said that though?

Let's be clear. I don't think Marvel united has said that.
Threads don't exist solely for cheer-leading. They're here for discussion. If someone attempts to argue that the X-Men should be priority number 1 yesterday and that Feige is a fool to wait 5 years for them, then the opposite point of view is invited into the conversation.
Fine, but then I'm also allowed to push back on the ludicrousness that is lambasting X-Men for being around on screen too much when everyone is anticipating Spider-Man and Batman third and fourth versions.

Who said that though?

Let's be clear. I don't think Marvel united has said that.

Not but it has been a general argument that I have seen come up from other people. I didn't specify any one poster as being the originator.

Fine, but then I'm also allowed to push back on the ludicrousness that is lambasting X-Men for being around on screen too much when everyone is anticipating Spider-Man and Batman third and fourth versions.

You can debate the merits of that argument absolutely. But when you say things like "Why are you arguing that in this thread" like you did in your other post, you're not arguing whether a point has merit. You're saying that this argument doesn't belong in the thread at all. That's not the same thing. Whether you agree with the statement that "Marvel can survive on Z-listers and such, they've been doing it for years" is entirely up to you. But don't tell people they have no right to post a viewpoint you don't like. That's not your call.

I understand some of you want your D to Z-List favorite characters to get their moment on screen.

But are we, X-Men fans, supposed to be happy because we got 12 movies that did no justice to the team and treated most of our beloved and fan favorite characters like ****? I'm far from happy about the way they treated Scott, Ororo, Jean, Kitty, Rogue, Colossus, Gambit, Kurt, Hank, Bobby, Angel, Alex, Emma, Dazzler, Jubilee, Psylocke, Bishop, Sunspot, Madrox, Banshee, etc...

That's where out "immediacy feeling" comes from, and now we're closer than ever. We're frustrated as well. It's been 20 years waiting.

You can debate the merits of that argument absolutely. But when you say things like "Why are you arguing that in this thread" like you did in your other post, you're not arguing whether a point has merit. You're saying that this argument doesn't belong in the thread at all. That's not the same thing. Whether you agree with the statement that "Marvel can survive on Z-listers and such, they've been doing it for years" is entirely up to you. But don't tell people they have no right to post a viewpoint you don't like. That's not your call.
But me questioning whether that argument belongs in this thread is not the same as me telling people not to post that argument at all here. Don't paint me in a worse light. It is fair for both viewpoints to exist, yes, and I was wrong questioning that.

Reactions: MbJ
I understand some of you want your D to Z-List favorite characters to get their moment on screen.

That's not what the argument is about. If it were just about people wanting obscure character getting their moment on the screen, that'd be moot since that's going to happen now whether some fans like it or not. It's instead about the mindset that comes up really often here for some reason, which is somehow that Marvel's stable of characters can no longer support itself without the X-Men and Fantastic Four because everyone else is too obscure, which, as we've pointed out by now, is more or less irrelevant in the current market place.

If people are upset that the X-Men will likely be going on a hiatus after DP and New Mutants? Yeah, I get that frustration. I really do. I've wanted Storm done right on film since I was a little kid, and it's sucked seeing her done such a disservice with each successive X-Men flick. But there's a difference between that and this really smug and frankly, intellectually dishonest repeated assertion that the upcoming Marvel films are doomed to fail because the comics they were based on didn't sell as well as the X-Men.

If we were back in the 90s, when comic sales actually mattered to the realm of adaptations and the only franchises at Marvel that mattered were the X-Men, Spider-Man and maybe the FF and Hulk, yeah, that might be the case. But it's an entirely different world now. What people think of when they think of the Marvel Universe now is rapidly changing and expanding with each movie.

But me questioning whether that argument belongs in this thread is not the same as me telling people not to post that argument at all here. Don't paint me in a worse light. It is fair for both viewpoints to exist, yes, and I was wrong questioning that.

I agree that at this point, this thread has gone off the rails from its intended discussion topic.

t this thread has gone very far off the rails from the subject it's supposed to be discussing as well.

But are we, X-Men fans, supposed to be happy because we got 12 movies that did no justice to the team and treated most of our beloved and fan favorite characters like ****? I'm far from happy about the way they treated Scott, Ororo, Jean, Kitty, Rogue, Colossus, Gambit, Kurt, Hank, Bobby, Angel, Alex, Emma, Dazzler, Jubilee, Psylocke, Bishop, Sunspot, Madrox, Banshee, etc...

That's where out "immediacy feeling" comes from, and now we're closer than ever. We're frustrated as well. It's been 20 years waiting.

Would you rather the X-Men come in to the MCU in its current form where we have many competing franchises coming into their 2nd or 3rd installments, and thus may have more competing projects coming out, or a more focused X-Men brand with less competition? The model for the MCU has been trilogies to this point. We still have Doctor Strange 2-3, Black Panther 2-3, Captain Marvel 2-3, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Ant-Man 3, and a possible 3rd Spider-Man all coming (at the top of my head). So they MCU as we know it now can wind down and then more X-Men content can come out more easily. I have said for a while, I could realistically see Marvel pushing some type of X-Men/Mutant related movie every year once they're in. I'd rather see the property get more attention like that than have to compete for it. Yeah that means waiting a little bit, I get that. But I think patience will be rewarded.

It's instead about the mindset that comes up really often here for some reason, which is somehow that Marvel's stable of characters can no longer support itself without the X-Men and Fantastic Four because everyone else is too obscure

But there's a difference between that and this really smug and frankly, intellectually dishonest repeated assertion that the upcoming films are going to fail because the comics they were based on didn't sell as well as the X-Men.

But where's that? Who said that?

Would you rather the X-Men come in to the MCU in its current form where we have many competing franchises coming into their 2nd or 3rd installments, and thus may have more competing projects coming out, or a more focused X-Men brand with less competition?

I've said it before, I think the events of Endgame could've been very well used to explain and introduce the concept of mutants. That five year gap we know nothing about could be used to explain a lot of things.

But there's still Dark Phoenix and New Mutants to come out.

So I would rather see them fitting mutants into this universe as soon as possible, setting the ground for the X-Men movie. The same way they quickly found a way to fit Spider-Man.

But where's that? Who said that?

Bruh, the entire discussion the last few pages has been about the supposed lack of viability of the upcoming characters because "their comics don't sell well" and how comic popularity is supposedly a huge factor. The same two to three posters bring this up every time it looks like the X-Men aren't immediately jumping to the front of the line ahead of the likes of Shang-Chi or the Eternals.

You can be unhappy while also respect that some of us have waited to see characters like nova, beta ray bill or warlock for decades and there has NEVER BEEN A SINGLE LIVE ACTION VERSION. At least you had x-men movies. The closest i iave had is a beta ray bill mural in ragnarok and some walmart nova suits in GOTG.

Make some room for some other characters. You have had deadpool, wolverine, main x-men movies. We have had nothing.

I've said it before, I think the events of Endgame could've been very well used to explain and introduce the concept of mutants. That five year gap we know nothing about could be used to explain a lot of things.

But there's still Dark Phoenix and New Mutants to come out.

So I would rather see them fitting mutants into this universe as soon as possible, setting the ground for the X-Men movie. The same way they quickly found a way to fit Spider-Man.

I am on record as saying I would rather their origins point toward Celestial involvement or something like that and that the "Snapture" causing them is not my favorite idea. But regardless of when the X-Men come, that can be the explanation should Feige want to use it. It doesn't have to be explained within a fixed time period to capitalize off Endgame. Why does the mutation have to happen overnight? It can be gradual. Or jump around the time line. They seem to be doing that a lot right now. It really just comes down to however Feige and co wants to do it.

Bruh, the entire discussion the last few pages has been about the supposed lack of viability of the upcoming characters because "their comics don't sell well" and how comic popularity is supposedly a huge factor.

You said people here are saying that Marvel and the upcoming movies will fail if they don't invest in the X-Men. Which is not true at all.

Did you disregarded the massive importance of the X-Men? No. Did we said Marvel can't make Z-List become fan-favorites? No. But there is an undeniable difference between properties like X-Men and The Eternals. Wolverine and Shang-Chi.

What it really boils down to is that you know those characters that c"support their own series for more than a year" or " they are so obscure and uninteresting" will likely end big successes as feige has proved COUNTLESS times in the past and that will only prove peoples argument here about character popularity and will you even more away from the mcu x-men.

And that scares you. You know people here are right and will be proven right.

You can be unhappy while also respect that some of us have waited to see characters like nova, beta ray bill or warlock for decades and there has NEVER BEEN A SINGLE LIVE ACTION VERSION. At least you had x-men movies. The closest i iave had is a beta ray bill mural in ragnarok and some walmart nova suits in GOTG.

Make some room for some other characters. You have had deadpool, wolverine, main x-men movies. We have had nothing.

But how did I disrespected you? I'm sorry, but I can't see how you could be personally disrespected because I prefer X-Men over Nova.

We know Marvel has their plans and they'll obviously be moving forward with movies like Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi, etc... But, realistically, Marvel won't be making 12 movies a year. Realistically, they got their most successful properties back. So I don't see them digging deep to find obscure characters to keep investing.

You said people here are saying that Marvel and the upcoming movies will fail if they don't invest in the X-Men.

Yes, and that's been the implication of these arguments. Were that not the case they wouldn't be bringing up the supposed "Z-list" nature of the upcoming movies as some sort of dig at Marvel every time they wanted to make some point about why holding off on the X-Men is a bad idea. Hence the goalpost being moved to try and imply that Marvel's past successes with obscure characters somehow don't count because characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy supposedly weren't actually obscure.

Did you disregarded the massive importance of the X-Men? No. Did we said Marvel can't make Z-List become fan-favorites? No. But there is an undeniable difference between properties like X-Men and The Eternals. Wolverine and Shang-Chi.

In the realm of pre-existing fandom? Certainly. But that's the great thing about the MCU. It's changed the way people look at the Marvel Universe in a major way. The characters who aren't big deals now will soon be so.

Yes, and that's been the implication of these arguments. Were that not the case they wouldn't be bringing up the supposed "Z-list" nature of the upcoming movies as some sort of dig at Marvel every time they wanted to make some point about why holding off on the X-Men is a bad idea. Hence the goalpost being moved to try and imply that Marvel's past successes with obscure characters somehow don't count because characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy supposedly weren't actually obscure.

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen anybody in this thread implying that Marvel and their upcoming movies will fail. You'll have to try harder to convince me of that.

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen anybody in this thread implying that Marvel and their upcoming movies will fail. You'll have to try harder to convince me of that.

And you'll need to try harder to convince me that's not the case, sorry. Because were that not the case, I wouldn't have people freaking out at the mere assertion that comic popularity doesn't have all that much bearing on how successful a movie will be at the box office.

That's why I keep saying there's a difference between being upset about the X-Men movies going away for a while and acting like Marvel can't live without them because X-Men #1 sold a million copies back in 1993.

But how did I disrespected you? I'm sorry, but I can't see how you could be personally disrespected because I prefer X-Men over Nova.

We know Marvel has their plans and they'll obviously be moving forward with movies like Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi, etc... But, realistically, Marvel won't be making 12 movies a year. Realistically, they got their most successful properties back. So I don't see them digging deep to find obscure characters to keep investing.
I mean respect that some people have been waiting to see those characters on screen for decades and allow the x-men to have a break. You havent disrespected me vut i do believe asking feige to fastrack the 13th x-men movie is unfair. I feel the same way about batman and spidey by the way.

And you'll need to try harder to convince me that's not the case, sorry. Because were that not the subtext, I wouldn't have people freaking out at the mere assertion that comic popularity doesn't have all that much bearing on how successful a movie will be at the box office.

That's why I keep saying there's a difference between being upset about the X-Men movies going away for a while and acting like Marvel can't live without them because X-Men #1 sold a million copies back in 1993.
I wouldnt be shocked if some people here secretly wish for bw, eternals or shang-chi to fail since they believe it will increase their chances of seeing x-men sooner.

They will never admit it of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"