Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Uncanny X-Men" is the logical title for them to go with for a number of reasons. Fox have used "X-Men" and "X-Men: [Insert subtitle]". It makes sense for Marvel to rebrand the franchise with the classic "Uncanny" adjective as it's an immediate distinguishable brand from Fox

Again, I haven't ever said the X-Men won't be a big deal. I was specifically referring to the claims that the lesser known characters are effectively done now that Marvel has the X-Men and the repeated "There's no reason to use them anymore." Phase 3 had 10-11 films. If they continue around that same amount going forward, they'll likely be doing both.

Darn, and here I said I wasn't gonna derail the thread by having this argument again!

Werk. So we agree this whole time. Plot twist.

I just wonder who are the users in this thread that wanted the already announced movies, Eternals and Shang-Chi, to be cancelled to make room for an X-Men and FF movie.

You know how people are with their overzealous predictions:

I don't see any scenario where something like Shang-Chi or Black Knight gets prioritised over the Fantastic Four or the X-Men in 2021-2022.
The Phase 4 slate past 2020 isn't even set in concrete yet. (If they get the properties back next month, they could pitch to writers as soon as March-April if they want) I could easily see both Shang and Knight quietly disappearing from the slate to make room.
Because those movies are only being made because Marvel has gone deeper into the Rabbit hole trying to scavenge obscure properties to make up for the lack of X-Men/F4. Any movie that has merely been "announced" but is very early into pre-production can be delayed or even outright cancelled. We saw it happen with Inhumans after Perlmutter was fired and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again now that Marvel has their crown jewels back.

In short -- If Marvel had gotten the rights back to the X-Men and Fantastic Four 6 months ago, Shang-Chi wouldn't have been greenlit and we wouldn't be hearing second hand rumors about Black Knight.

Those early merger talks certain had an effect.:funny:

Black Knight would be the biggest test of strength for the Marvel brand yet. Because I could easily see it going the way of Guy Richie's King Arthur. Something like that has limited appeal

You know how people are with their overzealous predictions:

Those early merger talks certain had an effect.:funny:

You went back to January for that, where the context was different the one we have now? If you go back a little more, I'm sure you'll find a bunch of users saying stuff like "Marvel will never take Inhumans out of their slate", that they won't change their slate to add more movies, Spider-Man will never be part of Civil War, that FF and the X-Men will never join the MCU, etc... You can use that as well to make whatever point you want?

But in this context we're now and in this thread... I haven't seen those users.

You went back to January for that.

Yeah, because that was my entire point. That's why the quote was "I recall similarly being assured by some here that now that the X-Men and Fantastic Four were back they'd be jumping to the front of the line and that the already announced/rumored Phase 4 films would be delayed or dropped entirely to make room for the big guns, and yet by all accounts that doesn't seem to be happening."

That I was told that was gonna happen repeatedly and yet it didn't.

Yeah, because that was my entire point. That's why the quote was "I recall similarly being assured by some here that now that the X-Men and Fantastic Four were back they'd be jumping to the front of the line and that the already announced/rumored Phase 4 films would be delayed or dropped entirely to make room for the big guns, and yet by all accounts that doesn't seem to be happening."

That I was told that was gonna happen repeatedly and yet it didn't.

Then find some of mine too. I remember repeatedly saying the X-Men was better at FOX. I remember saying they'd never join the MCU. That was like in 2015, the context was completely different, but I guess it doesn't matter...

Then find some of mine too. I remember repeatedly saying the X-Men was better at FOX. I remember saying they'd never join the MCU. That was like in 2015, the context was completely different, but I guess it doesn't matter...

To the specific conversation I was having? Probably not.

To the specific conversation I was having? Probably not.

I'm just letting you know. When it's convenient, it's there. You can bring them up. ; )

Black Knight would be the biggest test of strength for the Marvel brand yet. Because I could easily see it going the way of Guy Richie's King Arthur. Something like that has limited appeal

There could be fans of those types of movies for whom Black Knight might appeal. Does it need to be a big tent pole movie though? This is the sort of smaller movie a studio could put out at any time of the year alongside a bunch of other releases.

I dig this idea. Start off with a villain that hasn't already been heavily used in the previous movies. I feel the same way about having someone like Annihilus or Mole Man in the FF reboot instead of jumping straight to Doom again.

I'd be all sorts of hyped up for Mr. Sinister finally being a villain on film. An MCU villain would be a sweet bonus

Would not mind seeing Proteus or Moses Magnum as the initial X-Men villain.

I'm definitely in favor of using new villains. Sinister could be "Thanos" of the first 3 films, pulling the strings behind multiple villains.

I hope we also get to see Apocalypse again at some point too. If Osborn is introduced, I'd like to see him have a presence as well, as a Government stooge and agent who enforces anti-mutant laws
There could be fans of those types of movies for whom Black Knight might appeal. Does it need to be a big tent pole movie though? This is the sort of smaller movie a studio could put out at any time of the year alongside a bunch of other releases.
It should be on Disney+. Nothing about Black Knight warrants a theatrical film. Unless Marvel is planning on going back to the Dark ages for future films..

If the X films get named after the comics, I hope It's Astonishing or Ultimate X-Men. Only because I like those titles more but Uncanny influences would be great

If the X films get named after the comics, I hope It's Astonishing or Ultimate X-Men. Only because I like those titles more but Uncanny influences would be great

Those titles may be better, but Uncanny is more iconic.

If Sony hadn't used Amazing Spider-Man, I'm sure Marvel would've used that title.

It should be on Disney+. Nothing about Black Knight warrants a theatrical film. Unless Marvel is planning on going back to the Dark ages for future films..
There's a lot about Black Knight that warrants a theatrical film. It could be really unique and exciting. I'm anticipating the X-Men movies as much as anyone else, but I don't want these lesser-known heroes to get abandoned for another new X-Men franchise.

I'm definitely in favor of using new villains. Sinister could be "Thanos" of the first 3 films, pulling the strings behind multiple villains.

I hope we also get to see Apocalypse again at some point too. If Osborn is introduced, I'd like to see him have a presence as well, as a Government stooge and agent who enforces anti-mutant laws

Yeah, let’s get Sinister early and have him hang around for a while. :up:

Apocalypse has to be redone properly in time. They can use improved Thanos-type CGI next time out. It should be at a very convincing level in a decade or so when they get around to trying the character again.

Yeah, let’s get Sinister early and have him hang around for a while. :up:

Apocalypse has to be redone properly in time. They can use improved Thanos-type CGI next time out. It should be at a very convincing level in a decade or so when they get around to trying the character again.
Agreed, the Fox Apocalypse was like a relic from the 90's. Batman and Robin realness.

We don't know what Marvel has in mind. It could very well be that their plans practically require Black Knight's involvement. Ant-Man may be a throwaway character...but he was used to introduce a concept into the MCU that became the turning point in the second biggest movie of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"