Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney/Feige going the Breakfast Club/Harry Potter route they were trying on Spider-Man makes a lot more sense for the X-Men now

Whether the X-Men will be younger or older, I want their movies to have their own identity instead of being "leftover plans from Spider-Man".

So. . . why exactly do you want the superhero movie, to be one where the overall message is that the superheroes in question are ineffective failures?
Well, I'm sure you're familiar enough with the X-Men franchise to answer that question. But summarizing what I meant -- the X-Men fight for a world that hates and fears them to increasing degrees of escalation in each subsequent film.
Whether the X-Men will be younger or older, I want their movies to have their own identity instead of being "leftover plans from Spider-Man".
No, no, I don't mean recycling the Homecoming aesthetic. I think repurposing an idea is more what I'm getting at. They said their movie was inspired by the Breakfast Club but I didn't see much inspiration in how the relationships of that movie formed beyond the obligatory promo materials referencing the movie and the HS setting

What I'm saying is that X-Men could take a more literal interpretation from the template of that movie than Homecoming did -- a group of young people from completely different walks of life (y'know, the different archetypes i.e the basket case, the brain, the jock etc) have found themselves in each other to produce lifelong friendship. Or in the X-Men's case, a family united under a single identifying class of being outcasts on the outskirts of society.

If Marvel wants to tell a story set within the formative years of the team then I could see that being the perfect template, moreso than Harry Potter

No, no, I don't mean recycling the Homecoming aesthetic. I think repurposing an idea is more what I'm getting at. They said their movie was inspired by the Breakfast Club but I didn't see much inspiration in how the relationships of that movie formed beyond the obligatory promo materials referencing the movie and the HS setting

What I'm saying is that X-Men could take a more literal interpretation from the template of that movie than Homecoming did -- a group of young people from completely different walks of life (y'know, the different archetypes i.e the basket case, the brain, the jock etc) have found themselves in each other to produce lifelong friendship. Or in the X-Men's case, a family united under a single identifying class of being outcasts on the outskirts of society.

Got it. :up:

Yeah I doubt that if they went with a young X-Men cast that they are going to utilize Spider-Man plot ideas or things specific to Holland's Spidey in crafting the mutants.

But as a decision it would shore up an aspect of the MCU vacant to a degree with Holland's Spidey leaving (As of this posting anyway...).

Holland's Spidey was a young hero with a young supporting cast as a focus. Outside of the villains and Tony in the first one the young characters are at the forefront with even May being more a background character.

So with the X-Men you could conceivably have a team of Hollands (different characterizations for them obviously) and put those student relationships and issues front and center. And as was the plan for Holland I think, Marvel would be investing in the long haul with the X-Men franchise, setting the stage for a journey with characters that we can see grow into important parts of the MCU.

They can (and should) make The New Mutants the series of films about teens.

Yeah I doubt that if they went with a young X-Men cast that they are going to utilize Spider-Man plot ideas or things specific to Holland's Spidey in crafting the mutants.

But as a decision it would shore up an aspect of the MCU vacant to a degree with Holland's Spidey leaving (As of this posting anyway...).

Holland's Spidey was a young hero with a young supporting cast as a focus. Outside of the villains and Tony in the first one the young characters are at the forefront with even May being more a background character.

So with the X-Men you could conceivably have a team of Hollands (different characterizations for them obviously) and put those student relationships and issues front and center. And as was the plan for Holland I think, Marvel would be investing in the long haul with the X-Men franchise, setting the stage for a journey with characters that we can see grow into important parts of the MCU.
That's not something that appeals to me.

They can (and should) make The New Mutants the series of films about teens.

Given what is currently happening with that particular franchise, one that had been widely advertised with theatrically released and online trailer, do we really think Marvel will be touching upon that in the near future? Eventually, yes, I want to see a proper NM as much as any fan, but right now they are going to put spotlight on the X-Men realistically.

I would prefer an X-Men closer to college age or running that gamut myself, 18-24ish.

Casting and having the charters in a more high school teen age has advantages to that I'm not blind to, one of them, again, being filling the slot if you will, now empty due to the loss of Spidey (As of right now...).

Also, even if that were not the case and they went with a slightly older cast I still wouldn't expect New Mutants any time soon. I wouldn't think that would be on the table until at least a second or third X-Men proper film had been done and released. That way the team could be contrasted against the younger mutants.

I don't think the X-Men are going to be either already established or mature adult types, or that there's going to be a slew of mutant films right away. The former begs a lot of questions it is just easier to side step with a cast that's mostly under 25 and the latter is too pie in the sky at this early in the goings in my estimation. I could turn out wrong but I don't seriously consider the idea of non-Logan or Deadpool spinoff Mutant films happening until a second or third X-Men film is out there.

So I just don't see New Mutants proper in the MCU happening anytime soonish to be their go to teen series.

Personally, 17-22 is the ideal age for me. Kids making that final transitioning into young adulthood informing the story for the X-Men starting this transformative journey in the MCU. The actors themselves could be in their early to mid 20s (20-25). With some skewing late 20s like Ororo/Storm/Forge.

They don't have to be outright novices like Holland was, they can have a couple of years of experience under their belt doing small-town endeavors. But imo they shouldn't start their story as card carrying seasoned veterans. You leave negative space for adequate growth in subsequent stories If you start from a fully developed asset - and in turn, that growth and development will go into other characters who aren't. That's why Wolverine and Rogue were the central characters in X1.

Every story has a beginning and every hero had a genesis. I'd love to go on a proper journey with these characters like we have for the original 6 Avengers in the MCU

I want to see the X-Men portraying different generations, not very different from the Avengers. There should be teens like Jubilee or Kitty Pryde, but also 50/60s old characters like Xavier or maybe Beast.

That's the ideal for me.

I want to see the X-Men portraying different generations, not very different from the Avengers. There should be teens like Jubilee or Kitty Pryde, but also 50/60s old characters like Xavier or maybe Beast.

That's the ideal for me.
I think EVENTUALLY sure. But I would bet right off the bat there is a good chance that the field team will be young and all around the same age.

For me, First Class was the best X-Men movie. I think they should basically do something similar, and show Scott, Jean, Iceman, and the other originals. You don't need to show the origins of Charles and Magneto. That can be exposition. But I do think it's important to see the starting days of the school.

First Class could've been good if they had the actual first class
but havok, beast, banshee, darwin, and mystique was a s*** starting line-up
I'd be down to see the O5 just as long as they bring in the Giant-Size team by the sequel

Just please give wolverine a break

Or if they need to do wolverine do it as a solo series of movies and then work him in.

Just please give wolverine a break

Or if they need to do wolverine do it as a solo series of movies and then work him in.

Yeah I'm fine starting him solo
I'd love it if they could get Evans back for a quick World War II scene showing them both
or Having him fight Bucky during the 60's or something could be cool too

I'd love to see him (fresh outta Weapon X) and Bucky take on Omega Red or something, that would be amazing... Natasha could show up too depending when they set it

but by time the giant size crew comes in, he needs to be a part of the team

I doubt there would be animated series announcement Xpecially the Hulu cartoons and What If aren't even close to airing yet.

Personally I prefer an AAA X-Men game for ps4/ps5, before Marvel's X-Men hits theaters.

That would have limited appeal.

The recent animated shows for Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy are barely being discussed in this site. Marvel Rising came and went. So much for people getting eXcited in Marvel acquiring foX and the rights for the X-Men, only to get an animated series which probably wouldn't be on par with the big mcu live action films.

It’s a personal desire because X-men animated series have been great and I want stuff before the official MCU live-action version because then that’s all we’ll get across mediums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"