Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrington's playing Black Knight, so Wolverine is still open for now.

If the Eternals do not feature the first openly gay superhero, I'm here waiting the X-Men to have the first one.

Given what is currently happening with that particular franchise, one that had been widely advertised with theatrically released and online trailer, do we really think Marvel will be touching upon that in the near future? Eventually, yes, I want to see a proper NM as much as any fan, but right now they are going to put spotlight on the X-Men realistically.

I would prefer an X-Men closer to college age or running that gamut myself, 18-24ish.

Casting and having the charters in a more high school teen age has advantages to that I'm not blind to, one of them, again, being filling the slot if you will, now empty due to the loss of Spidey (As of right now...).

Also, even if that were not the case and they went with a slightly older cast I still wouldn't expect New Mutants any time soon. I wouldn't think that would be on the table until at least a second or third X-Men proper film had been done and released. That way the team could be contrasted against the younger mutants.

I don't think the X-Men are going to be either already established or mature adult types, or that there's going to be a slew of mutant films right away. The former begs a lot of questions it is just easier to side step with a cast that's mostly under 25 and the latter is too pie in the sky at this early in the goings in my estimation. I could turn out wrong but I don't seriously consider the idea of non-Logan or Deadpool spinoff Mutant films happening until a second or third X-Men film is out there.

So I just don't see New Mutants proper in the MCU happening anytime soonish to be their go to teen series.
Who was even saying if the MCU was doing New Mutants that it would happen right away? The X-men aren't coming until Phase 5.

Who's even advocating for the New Mutants to be introduced at the same time as the X-men proper are introduced? Seems like you're coming up with a solution ("We don't need two teams comprised of teenagers: X-men and New Mutants") to a problem that wasn't there. Just so you can say the X-men should be teenagers LOL

Last edited:
@Marvel united, I think we can stop mentioning the Homecoming cast as an exemple now:

ECwKyYgU4AAcR2a.jpg:large

This cast looks good.

Hell yeah they do.
Is Gemma standing on the far far right, cut off by the edge of the frame?

Will we ever see a Thor and Storm team up scene ? I guess its more likely a Jane Foster Thor and Storm scene.

I was thinking about it and with Marvel Studios having no problem
bringing back JK Simmons to portray J Jonah Jameson
there really shouldn't be any problem for them to have someone like Fassbender portray Magneto again or McAvoy or Stewart portray Professor X. Just give them slightly different appearances like giving Fassbender silver hair to help illustrate that its a different continuity.

I'd rather just rip off the bandaid and do a complete recast. The only one I'd really keep is Stewart*, but he's getting up there in years and may not be able to commit to a multi-year indefinite project like this.

* Reynolds aside, obviously.

hell no.

give us a universe that put the x-men front and center, and we can forget about all the huge mistakes and memories of Fox franchise. Fassbender got 4 damm movies front and center. Enough of all of it. Its time for the f**** X-Men to take all the atention, without left overs from an old franchise.

McAvoy and Fassbender have had their go of it. While there's plenty of X-actors I wish we'd seen more of, all signs point to a full square-one restart.

I was thinking about Bumblebee and how they really took it back to the G1 feel of the old 'toon, and thought they could do the same with the X-Men, make it look like a big-screen version of TAS (not necessarily with the same roster of course).

The J.K. thing I KNEW was going to end up with some fans thinking it meant that bringing back performers nilly willy is a good idea.

While there's plenty of X-actors I wish we'd seen more of, all signs point to a full square-one restart.

Yep. There are many actors from the X-Men movies that I wish I'd seen more. Paquin and Page, for instance. But they should recast everybody for the X-Men.

The J.K. thing I KNEW was going to end up with some fans thinking it meant that bringing back performers nilly willy is a good idea.

Yeah I'm not talking about bringing back just anybody like Alexandria Shipp, James Marsden or Anna Paquin. I'm talking about a utilizing an actor that's within the same caliber of the JK casting like Fassbender who IMO captured the comics counterpart perfectly and who can undoubtedly can work within the MCU style.

I'm fine with a recasting of the character because Fass did portray the character enough but I also don't see the problem talking about it considering the precedent Far From Home set. Essentially I'm saying if Kevin Fiege walked on stage and said Fassbender is going to portray the MCU version, I sure as hell won't complain either. I'm not saying they should do it.

I was thinking about it and with Marvel Studios having no problem
bringing back JK Simmons to portray J Jonah Jameson
there really shouldn't be any problem for them to have someone like Fassbender portray Magneto again or McAvoy or Stewart portray Professor X. Just give them slightly different appearances like giving Fassbender silver hair to help illustrate that its a different continuity.
No to those Dark PhoeniX actors again in the same roles. They clearly didn't resonate with the general public compare to Ian McKellen/Patrick Stewart, just look at the boX office performance of the three X-Men films they headlined.

They are also overrated in those roles, imo. foX was blinded by their "starpower" that the X-Men was literally stuck in the past post Dofp. One of the biggest mistakes they've done.

@Lip can't wait for the X-Men to Be a part of it

Well characters like Psylocke, Storm, Thunderbird, Forge, Sunfire, Dust, Bishop, Jubilee, Revanche, M, Sunspot, Darwin, Karma and Sway are part of the X-Men mythology. Its inevitable unless they ignore all those characters.

I just want the X-MEN to be cast so we can all rally around them. Whether they be race/gender swaps or comic accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"